/egg/ - Engineering Games General

/brexit/ edition

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/
gfgd2gdsgfedsthgeowwtfhsgkspsmtgtgbnsgktosgfggdbgmcgdfogxivgtesglolg

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331756575
youtube.com/watch?v=td-e4i2BL_Q
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466578504504.webm
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710067967
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for REM

Starmade can do this with rails, and generally clang-free too.

well I had an image but I forgot it
the top left would be the proper setup where the blue shaft is what the purple round piece would be rotating around
the bottom left is makeshift thing you can do where you have a "stationary" piece on each end but then you have to artificially synchronize them since you can't put the shaft through the rotating section

I want to make the stationary part go through the center of the rotating part

>Be humans
>Get attacked by aliens
>attempt desperate counterattack with dinky fighter jets
>get ass kicked
>somehow still win
>20 years later
>aliens attack again
>try the tiny fighter jet plan again
>it fails miserably

It's not like nobody saw this coming
at least the end of the movie confirmed that next time we'll have space battleships. The human plane designs were cool tho

Yeah, Besiege and FtD can do that no problems.

Spoilers go on

Homebrew is pretty comfy desu. Kinda sad it gets so overlooked here.

oh fuck off it showed them getting reamed in the trailer

worth 7 bucks?
its overall on steam is mixed with only 400 reviews

I couldn't go far past
>I SHAT MY ASS OUT MY ASS

This suddenly reminded me there's a board.
And now I'm afraid to pass gas

Guys, I finally got my pc streaming to my fancy new headset + phone, what games should I try? Gmod works well (and presumably all other source engine games).

It even does proper stereoscopic 3d.

I'd say so if you have a lot of autism and time you can make some pretty awesome things.

Why the fuck did I read that?

[ ] Not happening
[X] Happening

The texture is a placeholder (i hope)

I'll go take a look if there's anything else

just as a heads up its terrible at explaining shit to you and its tutorials are long ass youtube videos that take ages to get to the important shit

Can't wait to see the min max bullshit the forummites will do now.

Dudes, there's hover jets now, the texture is the same as normal jet engines, unfortunately, there's no text description on them, nor can be placed.

And now there's another kind of ammo ejector that shoots the bullet backwards instead of upwards. I'll have to try it on the ejector guns to see if it still works

just pirate tridef 3d to make a side to side 3d into almost every game.

Is the new Mad Max game any good?

That's what I'm doing.

I'm gonna run the test with the new ejector guns. N3XUS, if you're there, tell Nick that the Ammo Clips for 3m still take the same space as the ones of 4m

>crysis 1
>fear
>doom 3
>arma 2 or 3
I dont know if it works, but if "the darkest of days" work would be awesome
>desu ex no pissfilter
>spengos

For $15 or less yes.

Alright, the CLANG ejector gun still works, even when using the new backwards ejector.

Great news

Now i only need to find a way to make them smaller

>Heavy armour beams
>6000 health
>40 armour
>2400 weigh
>Costs 2000 scrap

Dude, i have vehicles with less health, armour and weigh for much more resources, this is a very good deal :^)

Your post isn't relevant to the discussion to the thread. Keep the hostilities to yourself or I will have to ask you to leave, friend.

STOP SPAMMING TAGS IN THE OP, YOU SHITTER

Space Engineer still fun?

mmm, getting a CLANG shotgun full blast at point range destroys them anyways...

Welcome to /CLANG/ m8

Dr. Eggman, this could be useful, all the stuff in skull island could be made with this heavy armour. Sure, they'd be slow as fuck, but nearly undestroyable.

Until i manage to create kamikaze CLANG shotguns anyways

So, about the new laser wavefront coder blocks...
They use a variable percentage (from 0 to 50, default 25) of laser energy so that 0%->25% of that laser can negate defenses (it's a logaritmic function, just going from 24% to 25% uses as much energy as going from 0% to 7%.
All the energy left (ranging from 100% to 25% is left as standard damage)

tfw no tank tracks.

I'm waiting for them too, wheels are not useful for the abrupt random generated grounds the maps usually have

you could shape a hind front into that.

Is that what I think it is?

large rotors with holes in the center of varying size when?

I used to use these
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331756575

but they don't work anymore.

The thing is that originally it didn't had that shape, but the vehicle started clanging itself when i was building it, to the point it ended up floating in mid-air without knowing how. So i ended up leaving like that until i fixed it.

To be honest, i like this design much more. It doesnt' have the same autonomy, but it can climb almost anything. It climbs 60 degree slopes at 13 m/s like there was nothing there.

Anyways, good night /egg/ :^3

yes, im using the e100 as a multipurpose platform for various stuff, this one is for carry a miner and some containers, but can also carry fighters and serve as a reloading and recharging station.
It started as a copy of the obj 416, the top right is the 1st model of the idea.

you can just go a manually load it in this.
the text panels works very good as flat slabs.

is there a game that lets you build a usable space elevator? I don't mean a 1-click building like in, I don't know, Civ or Stardrive 2 or something but where you actually have to design it and shit. I irregularly ask /ksp/ about it, but they always say the engine wouldn't be able to manage that. so how about here?

how is that suspension working?
Looks like you can rise it 1 more block if the contact part (that rusted plate before the wheels) is one block down.

lol... spengos?
People did elevators, even space elevators, but the idea it self is not good.is over engineering the idea of transport, no matter if people of stuff.

Any structure with enough block height to reach from a planet to space would lag any game I can think of to unplayability

>is over engineering the idea of transport, no matter if people of stuff.

except you go on full on energy saving without solar panels.
an autopilot and a ship is more cheap, faster and more reliable than collision working on the background.

Never look back.

There is one game

no planets my dadman
also not anything really in the way of physics

Is it worth it?

I know /egg/'s general opinion of it was bad before but I've been away for awhile so not sure if it's changed at all.

Why are all these summer sales so shit, even stuff that was 75% off last sale are now only 50%

youtube.com/watch?v=td-e4i2BL_Q

just pirate it...

So are you like...going to link us for blueprints of your marvelous creations?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466578504504.webm

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710067967

here is the wtf

I'm waiting for a better discount.

What method did you use?

not him, but ive talked to him.
>regular android or apple phone
>google cardboard or any phone mount
>use "apps" to stream the main monitor to a phone
>use tridef 3d to do a stereo 3d wich put the screens side to side
>put headset
>use more "apps" to transfer the movement of the phone as mouse imputs to look arround
>use a hat with IR lights to use with a regular webcam to have also postional tracking, and decrease the imput lag by far
>????
>vr for cheap if you have a good phone

Does Subnautica go here?

If so, how big can bases be?

I picked up infinifactory and I'm at meat product 57, only it won't end! I've ran it for several thousand cycle, but no matter how much I output it keeps going!

What the hell is going on?

Ah. I know there's an android Gamestream client for nvidia users that has a GearVR fork.

I'm fine with whatever, I just want super hard designs and a good outlet for eggineers to make the cheesiest, most over the top vehicles they can.

RE Skull Island: Exploits, yea or nay?

Also, any luck on getting the MP mission to work now that we are on a new version? I'd try now but I have to go to work for 12 hours.

Forgot about that, but there is also that one.
From what ive saw, the only one who gives solid 60fps is a wired apple app, if novidya do it, better.

Like, exploiting bugs and glitches and shit? Yeah go for it I want the hardest most ass frustrating shit you guys can come up with.

hinges and winches a best for tracks

fuck that square surrounding shit

Also now using gears to power, gears grip the space between the hinges perfectly so why not.

Those big gears are for looks and to keep the track from falling off.

Where in the hell does the Workshop for FtD store Blueprints?

none of my subscribed shit has shown up in game.

Whe nyou open FtD, hit Planet/Vehicle/Whatever Workshop. Then hit Vehicle workshop then click the one you subscribed to and download it. Havew a good night /egg/

Thanks to welding I can make functional solid axle suspension. This microvan is solid rear, indy front.

It also has a hing on one side and the whole back half swings open for access to the seat.

Subnautica goes in /indie/, friendo

Now THAT looks proper.

Clang waifu bump

But can it make more than one?

bump

TEAR MY PISTONS INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY LAST ROTOR

What's /egg/s general opinion on FTD in its current state? Worth a buy on sale?

Pirate, try out - decide for yourself whether to buy or not.
Dev's alright. Updates are frequent and substantial.
I'm a pirate, but even I think you should buy it if you can. If only to keep based Nick's interested in development.
If you intend to support the dev(s) - buy the game at full price you fucking hebrew.

>Drills
>land vehicle
>on TOP of the land vehicle
>on a turret

The miner can go on its own.
Also, you can put a fighter or whatever for land transport, maybe 2.

Ooh, okay. That makes sense.

Now that that's cleared up, all of the stuff in that and the previous screencap is pretty cool.

will REM have wheels/land shit? not just space shit?

>implying anyone cares about airshit when spaceshit is literally better in everyway

REM user here.

We intend to have wheels in space for the purpose of clinging to the environment/walls.

Context on that pic? I feel I'm missing something.

I'm stealing this for machinecuck btw.

Let /kspg/ be /egg/ forever

/egg/ talks about /kspg/ more often than /kspg/ talks about /egg/

I just thought that was interesting