Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Botania Edition

Previous shit:We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_WrnA3Ox8Y&t=2m4s
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/enhanced-inventories
nicovideo.jp/mylist/45788606
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for flowery girlpenis

first for Asie a cute

fug

Fuck you, fuck the three of you

>bait OP
Brilliant.

Just let this one die and make a new one. Triggering the autists is all fun and games until more than half of a thread is spend shitposting.

two actually

>page 10 already

Since nobody's here it's a good time to point out that Vazkii and Reika are probably the two best modders, and most people are jealous of their success.

new thread that isn't asking to spend 90% of the time being shitposted, where people can freely post instead of waiting for this shit to die:

>get 5 hours into a new world
>realize I forgot to disable buildcraft spouts

>that one mod that tries hard to make its own endgame but ends up being shitty

What is it?

Anyone know what the Thaumic Energistics aspect is?

bump for best mod

Fuck off retard

youtube.com/watch?v=q_WrnA3Ox8Y&t=2m4s
>1.9.4

>some autistic dude got so angry about the silly picture in the OP that he made a new thread one hour later
>now there are two dead threads

How can we commemorate all the tears of sad young uninformed British kids? A statue of Boris Johnson perhaps?

R8 my room

Are there any simple mods that make eating food worth it? There was the hunger overhaul mod, but all that did was add a bunch of dumb shit that just made stuff annoying.
I have pams harvest craft in but I feel like there would be no reason to cook all that complicated shit If it doesn't do anything besides restore regular hunger.

Looks too vanilla.
Makes me remind the first playings

Which one is the Thing?

Spice of Life or whatever it's called, adds configurable diminishing returns to eating same food forcing you to rotate your menu

Cannot think of a floor color that would match my basement. Help me, emseagee

Try a darker wood.

On unrelated shit, which is the best storage mod?

Depends on what you're going for. Better Storage has some very comfy shit that works in a lot of scenarios, but if you're going for a specific aesthetic I'm not so sure.

What is the best fantasy/magic/RPG mod out their?

>try to look for info about Mariculture
>FTB wiki doesn't have much information, but the link for turbines is clickable
>it takes you to the info about Big Reactors turbines
wew
I like this one: minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/enhanced-inventories
It's just Iron Chests with more options (and custom materials you can configure) but its textures look a bit off. You can also paint its chests and lockers and such with any other block.

>Better Storage
Gonna try it.
Another options as for looking good ones?

botania

>look at the other FTB wiki
>see this
Bigger wew.

Which threads the right one?

The bait one

Hey faggots, you should be at least 18yo to use this site, please go back to youtube.

Guy having trouble with FUCKING SALT from Growthcraft last thread.
Turns out removing COFHcore and COFHlib fixed the problem of not being able to collect salt water. I still can't collect it with bottles though, only buckets for some reason.

Boy you just can't stay alive for shit can you /mcg/

any recommended modpacks that would make minecraft fun again?

The one you make yourself

Why are you looking on the FTB wiki? The mod not only has thorough in game documentation, it also has it's own wiki that's easy to find from the Mariculture's MCF thread.

You know, as far as I can tell from removing that COFH shit, my game has been loading incredibly quickly and smoothly now.

Hoboserb is pretty fun

best modpack with gregtech on it?

>decided to look on Niconico because I'm a huge weeaboo
>found this: nicovideo.jp/mylist/45788606
>no voice of eternal autism, only cute subtitles that I can read every so often
>as a bonus it's comfy as fuck
I should remember to look for videos in Japanese next time I want to look at a mod as well.
I was looking for something to give me an overall view of the mod, as I'd have to restart yet again if I felt like adding it to my pack (looks like the retrogen from it is fucked) and I'm too lazy for that.

What options are there for automated animal breeding besides railcraft and mfr?

Lamp of Fertility from Thaumcraft.

I forgot about those, glad I'm not going to have to install a mod just for that

It appears Vazkii is forking Charset. Huh.

Opinions on my modpack?
Hadnt played survival in a lot of time and I wanted to but I dont remember what the good shit is tho.
Is this good or should I add/remove something?

What's the biggest non-minigame server right now? I want to feel like I'm in an MMO.

>rotaryshit

Battleship Yamato
Done

RIP serb 2016-2016

You can clearly see its disabled.
Any comment on whats enable?

Is JEI worth it? Getting tired of fucking around with chickenfucks and I rarely use Enderstorage.

I like his chunkloader.

i used it in 1.9, it's super fast but doesn't keep keybinds

Well, it doesn't have cheat mode enabled by default, which is good.

It's far better than NEI, if you're using 1.8+ there's no reason to not use it.

Magic serb autism now online and better than ever

A super helpful user told me that you can click on a keybind and hit the escape key to get rid of it.

New house.
No zombie dicknoses since.

Is this game still fun to play without mods if the last time I played was in early 2011?

What's your goal when you start a new world?

Build a bunch of cool stuff? Automate farms and EXP grinds? Just mine and hoard materials?

You have a fair amount to build with, so yes.

Explore my world and get a feel of it so I'll know my way. I'm big on exploration, we just need more to find and spelunk.

nah, i mean i change a keybind, then restart for whatever reason, and it's changed back to the default

I finally finished this room, only took so long because I was being lazy when it came to getting some librarian dicknoses for the sides.

The ceiling is still probably shit, I always have trouble with ceilings.
Picture of infusion room next.

Snagged a priest.

Behold, the worst ceiling ever made. I have no idea how to work with blocks that are not wood, honestly.

xd

What mod/texture pack is that?

Vanilla 16x Sims 4.

Something seems off with this sword

So is this the sort of thing you can get with spending 1000+ hours installing mods? Or is this in the base game now

>So is this the sort of thing you can get with spending 1000+ hours installing mods?
It takes like 5 seconds to install a mod these days.
>Or is this in the base game now
Mojang is too busy reskinning mobs and adding things that many mods have done before.

Do you need something other than TC to do that?

>It takes like 5 seconds to install a mod these days.
Not him, but...

Unless you have mod conflict.

>>Unless you have mod conflict.
That's extremely rare these days.
Extremely rare.
You normally only get it with shit modders like reika.

>That's extremely rare these days.
I expect my test world/instance to crash. That's why I have one - to find and solve mod conflicts.
Enchant ID conflicts and such can still crash the game

Fair point.

Still, there's a difference between "adding a bunch of mods for a nice gameplay" and "dumping some files on a directory and pretending it's done". The later takes almost no time, but it is nowhere as fun.

because we aren't enough of a shithole, we have to invite summer and reddit here :^)

hang yourself OP, and all you faggots supporting him, pretending to be retarded is fine until you make cancer feel welcome

>mod conflict
How's it like living in a cave?

you fuck off, wastes of life, i'm not idly sitting by while OP tries to give vazcunt the attention he craves for while inviting over his dicksuckers with open arms

i'm going to exclusively shitpost in this thread, because apparently that's what OP wants, and what you faggots want since you let the other thread die

No, we just don't fucking care you autistic faggot.
Fuck off.

It's still a "vanilla" TC void sword

Levels adds special abilities/effects that can proc to tools and armor
Buffed Tools adds 1-4 modifiers that can be either positive or negative, such as mining speed and damage
Buffed Tools and Levels don't quite play nicely together at the moment though.
Tool Utilities adds different upgrades that can be applied, such as swords hitting in an AOE, or picks being able to mine a 3x1 then 3x3, and place torches. Don't use the AOE upgrade on slashblades - tends to crash the game.
The 7 sharpness enchants is a bug from the HxC enchanter that's just been patched out in the latest version (I think)

>muh don't care argument
I see you're one of those retards that buries his head in the sand while the world burns around him.
Your attitude is just as cancerous as the flowerposters, kill yourself.

>one faggot got so angry over an image that he's acting like this
Fun fact: nobody other than yourself is talking about that mod

2sharp5me

>buries his head in the sand while the world burns around him.
Absolute nonsense, I love watching it burn.
Flowercunt is nowhere near the worst part of the modding community, that'd be the curse kikes.
Modding is a sinking ship, and it's fun to watch.

>can't imagine more than one person disagreeing, it must all be the same person!
dumbshit

>two faggots got so angry over an image that they're acting like this
Fun fact: nobody other than yourself is talking about that mod

Posts read similarly, and are a good space of time apart.
No one has sperged out like this before, so I'm going to say that, yes, they are the same person, unless proof is given to the contrary.

wow, what a cynical edgelord, i'm sure every 12 year old looks up to your nihilistic attitude

>No one has sperged out like this before
maybe if you'd been in the general for more than a day or two you wouldn't be pulling lies like these out of your ass

>they are the same person, unless proof is given to the contrary
that's not how burden of proof works you pseudo-intellectual redneck
i'd go and even ask you to check the post timings on the anti-botania post on the last thread, but, you're talking like it being one or a dozen people will change anything for either side
i know for a fact these won't be the last shitposts in this thread, mine or otherwise

>aluminum ore
>aluminium ore

>oredictionary entries:
>oreAluminum
>oreAluminium

>>that's not how burden of proof works you pseudo-intellectual redneck
>pseudo-intellectual redneck