Robinhood is a scam proven!!

Robinhood is a scam proven!!
Stay tuned for links

and but so

I don't know about a "scam", but they do have a lot of people believing they offer the same services as a broker.
The whole "free commission" shtick would be a big deal if they did.

For many people Robinhood does pretty much all they need. So if you just want some simple transactions or you're a low cash/thrifty person who just wants to buy a few shares here and there till you learn more, Robinhood is a low impact option.

Brokers are a scam if anything. You pay some guy who wears a suit and the business he's an expert on is mainly driven by a haphazard combination of greed, fear, confidence and a small dose of knowledge? Just read some fucking books and do it yourself instead of paying some leech to suck on the teets of your investments while looking smug about it.

Personal feelings aside, I know there is actually a service brokers do provide and it's worthwhile for those who seek it. But if you can't afford that, there's other options and that's a good thing.

>For many people Robinhood does pretty much all they need
You're talking about people so green, they honestly don't know what they need. They don't even really have a working idea of how markets and financial instruments operate. Robinhood merely lets them believe they're a player in the game, while at the same time making sure their odds of success are even lower.
If you want to defend a company passing their substandard bullshit off to inexperienced investors (who are more than likely to flush 90% of their capital as a result), feel free, but I'd guess you have no idea what they're keeping from you.

>You pay some guy who wears a suit
You're a little out of date, unless you're talking about a "financial advisor", only old people talk to a personal broker.

Implying you know what I and others need more than we know what we need.

Since you seem to know it all about how markets operate, please educate us.

wow can't wait for that links.
You really have me hooked, investigative reporter-san

>Implying you know what I and others need more than we know what we need
I've only been in the industry since 2005.
But I'd still say I'm more knowledgable than the people using RobinHood. You guys are trying to escape Wall Street's fee structure, and haven't figured out that you don't get something for nothing.
You knew that RH was designed by two guys who built HFT platforms, right?

>oh no someone is making money by providing value to others

for someone in the industry you sure are a fucking retard

>providing value to others

Robinhood is the opposite of a scam. Brokers charge people to trade stocks for fuck's sake when it costs nothing. Some of those fees are high enough to eat your gains by 10%. It's rigged against the little guys.

did you lose all your clients to robinhood or something? is that why you are so butthurt

Nope. I don't have clients.
Just trying to give a heads up. Good luck out there.

how exactly is it a scam? it doesn't claim to be anything that it's not and if you had any knowledge of how these institutions work you'd know they literally can't just run off with your money or some bullshit

Because their charts are shitty or their data a bit late at times? just use other avenues for charting and news anddon't blindly place market orders like an idiot.

So what was the point of this thread again?

It's not a scam, is it not literally the same thing as the optionshouse account I had 3 weeks ago? I have not noticed a difference except that it was easy as shit to sign up.

Elaborate.

>they literally can't just run off with your money or some bullshit
What about when they crash and you can't do shit?
They might as well be running off with my money at that point.

Robinhood does really suck though

>can't short
>no candlestick charts
>possibility of crashing DURING market hours

I had the last one happen to me twice and lost a substantial amount of cash because I couldn't get out of a trade. I know use interactive broker

If your under 25 you can start an account with 3k

>she's a better investor than buffet

FINRA SIPC
google

This, OP and this guy have no idea what they're talking about. If you want high frequency trading, better charts, etc., Use a more expensive trading platform.

This should go without saying but you get what you pay for

You mean you can't lose money like these guys did?

Yes, read up on the founders and how and why they started what's now - Robinhood.

There's no free lunches, somebody has to pay. I don't mind it if my margin funding earns them whatever interest in this near 0/- ve interest rate scenario or if they trade in BTC or fund the Trump/Hillary campaigns.

>>can't short
>>possibility of crashing DURING market hours

these two are exactly why i dont use RH

>costs nothing
wrong