/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General -- Second Star to the Right, Straight on to Grind Edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, land on certain planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.
>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

Don't you dare buy a Cobra, we'll know.
>praise the vision

PREVIOUS THREAD
In all honesty this might be our last thread. See ya Space Provos in 6 months.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10578926
coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/0prtpFklodCsxf5------1717--------f7050505f504040303032f.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=?bn=sothconda
coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0phtfFflhdfsnf5----------f604B42t020101.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==?bn=longbus
youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM&feature=youtu.be&t=3m53s
steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/351660338692569905/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NMS in a little more than a month. How do you think Ftroop will draw players back after they jump ship?
NMS has better implemented trade, and more meaningful exploration. The only things elite has on it is actual multiplayer if you can call it that.

Yeah, if you can call it that. Instancing is damned near non functional and everyone plays in Solo anyways. So hard to find people. It's gonna be interesting.

Thing is, Ftroop seems to have their heads so far up their asses they might not be able to recover is NMS does well.

Either they're going to mark Horizons down to 10 dollars or they simply won't. They are delaying updates for their finished product the same way Star Citizen is delaying updates for its incomplete product.

So Sandro thinks "player colonization makes sense". How hard will Sandro and co fuck up colonization? Let's hear detailed scenarios.

I'm getting connection errors every time I try to jump, what the fuck

Yeah, fucking transaction server bullshit.

I just wanna park my ass in Sothis and go to bed.

>spend months gathering materials to build your own station
>station quantum tunnels into vision universe one day
>

Is pretty much how I see that going.

whats going on in sol right now? why are there convoy beacons full of "refugees"?

dunno, check uranus

Space Muslims.

why should i check my anus?

They jumped there from Daramo, passing by every safe system on the way so they could get luxury apartments and free health care in Germany

Surprise too see this alive.
I do this thing were I log in and look around.
Then I realize nothing I do matters and I log off.
So fucking depressing.

nothing u do will ever matter

>They are delaying updates for their finished product
>E:D
>Finished product
HAHAHAHAHA

Stuck in grind send help

Will they ever fix these pieces of shit?
They always start out with 00:00 time remaining and prompts a fail message seconds after you receive the first one.

Well, it won't be any time soon. They just haven't had time between their release vacation, E3, post E3 vacation and now their Brexit vacation and I'm sure there's a banking holiday after that

Mister user, will we ever get a vacation from The Grind? It's been ever so long...

>tfw free from the grind, only vision remains

>seeing as we are half way in season 2
You wot m8?

Consider the amount of materials/difficulty aquiring said materials/time consumed to just upgrade one single module with an engineer. One. Single. Module.

Now consider the size of a space station. Or less ambitiously, a surface station. They won't have to make any "mistakes"; if they design the colonisation system the same way as the engineers, no one will have access to it anyway because it'll be locked behind literally years of grinding for construction materials.

The assumption is they learned engineers was a mistake from some of their most vocal supporters telling them so and they won't be as retarded with stations.

Then again it is FTroop

So they'll slash requirements in half after a month or two of backlash.

>we have good news CMDRs, you know only need to grind 10000 tons of copper for the magnetised locks on your outpost's landing pads :^)
>in celebration of the new update, outposts skins are now on sale, just 4.99 :^)

Hey goys can you post you sothis smuggle boats?

>outposts skins
some how I think this will happen.
I've seen few pirate paints on outposts I'm sure they won't find it troublesome to add more

strawpoll.me/10578926
strawpoll.me/10578926
strawpoll.me/10578926
strawpoll.me/10578926

Anaconda:
coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/0prtpFklodCsxf5------1717--------f7050505f504040303032f.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=?bn=sothconda

Asp Explorer:
coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0phtfFflhdfsnf5----------f604B42t020101.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==?bn=longbus

Both can be made better by inclusion of all D-rated modules (except FSD of course), but this is how I'm using them.

What's the penalty on getting scanned in the conda with a smuggling mission?

No idea, never happened to me. More than I would like to pay, for sure.

Then again, avoiding scans is basically piss easy.

Elite Man's Citizen given we'll have NMS to post about soon.

Guys

Haha

Hey guys

Listen

Guys

Pfff hahaha

I've come up

Guys

I've come up with a new name for the combi-thread

Haha

Guys

Hahaha

Guys

DEAD SPACE GENERAL

hahahahahaha

ecks dee

You're not too far off. We had this in September last year.

We caught a few with that.

the sad part is that even then the general was kept alive by confused dead space people

Then why not just reuse that one?

Just make sure to mention elite dangerous/star citizen/NMS in the OP text and we might bring new posters into the general or just incite more shitposting

NMS on release will have it's own general I suppose. Then just wait until playerbase stabilizes to see if they can maintain their own general.

Good point. Though, will a single player-only game be capable of maintaining a general for any length of time?

It's multiplayer

>youtube.com/watch?v=1ORFgfhj_hM&feature=youtu.be&t=3m53s

Nope.

Only technically, it's essentially a single player game where you have a 0.00000001% chance to meet another player.

So....

Elite?

Yes, but with even worse instancing. By design.

Ever heard of /sg/ - Stalker general?

And even less player interaction, if any, apparently.

I should've added "without becoming autismal groupthink circlejerks", which would have covered aforementioned general nicely.

That one too. Undertale general as well.

In the vaguest sense of the word.

You can blunder across another player.
A group of friends can expend the effort to find each other and play together.
But there are no systems in place to allow players across the galaxy to group up and find each other, or teleport to each other.

It is conceivable that months after launch players have managed to set up hub systems, but even then those hubs will be like drops in an ocean.

do i make a trip to the core, anons?
would it make more sense to go there without engineer upgrades, or should i get them now and then make the trip
keep in mind i haven't got any rep with the engineers yet anyway

Wont take that long if you ignore everything on the way there

I'm actually going to argue that elite at 1.0 and NMS are identical as multiplayer design goes. The only difference that the size of the starting area and the populated area in elite is tiny compared to NMS and supposedly the NMS universe is much larger overall as well.

Better than the fire emblem general that got turned into 6 other generals at once

>going anywhere with engie mats inside your ship

So much pain

I just landed on a landing pad on a planet.
As in, landed on it like you would land anywhere on the planet, didn't count as landing on the pad.
VISION

Just fuck my general up

So I just got to a system where there are 4 unexplored gas giants with several moons each. Is it worth scanning all of the icy moons to get the first scan bonus?

Right I need some damn sleep. Good to see /edg/ will be staying away from VISION. If I wake up to brabo's smiling face I'll kill myself #SIRA

No.

Do you know about E:D exploration? First one to discover will have your name in it. Yeah that's the only multiplayer thing about NMS, being able to read other players name.

I think if this one dies we should let it stay dead

whats wrong about cobra

user, the point is that ED is marketed as a finished product. Tell me, what looks worse? Delaying updates for a finished product or delays for an incomplete game? I would say that's why I'm a lot more harsh with ED, because they market it like a complete one and keep fucking it up.

>The amount of materials

Didn't even think about that. I was thinking along the lines of arbitrary restrictions and RNG that wouldn't allow you to do x because y.

Also you probably wouldn't just be able to plop down an outpost without sending a ticket or a form of some kind to FD

>marketed as a finished product

It doesn't help that the dads force the "living beta" bullshit.

>Send in a ticket for something that should be naturally occurring in game

Where did it all go wrong?

The equivalent of Gaijin claiming WT has been in beta for 6 years.

Paste this in the next OP so we can settle this. Elite Man's Citizen is also a good option that should be added.

>drempt that I got on my computer
>opened Steam
>Steam was on the E:D hub
>10,5XX in-game

I guess it was because of that announcement of them updating the surface scanners and making engineers less of a pain.
How is that update in real life, though?

steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/351660338692569905/

ha ha holy shit guys which one of you was this?

>Python wasnt invited

;_;

(*3*)

holy shit they just dont know when to stop

>Have you looked at his posting history.. Seems like a very angry unhappy person.

personal attacks based on post history like its reddit cause they have no arguments

>Maybe because the people who enjoy the game get bored of seeing the same topic from the people who don't enjoy the game over, and over, and over again. You don't like it? That's fine. We don't care, because we're having a blast. So if you don't like it, go play something else instead of crying like a baby...

WAAAAH STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE!!!!
>that quite "generic" rant actually, even for griefers. would wounder if thats RSI folks(or their fanboys)behind.

the game is flawless and everyone who dislikes with it is a shill from another game

holy shit i'm pissed
tell me /edg/ are those the enlightened who follow the Vision?

>if you dont have much time to play, elite might not be for you

I have enough time to play EVE and get enough done even after getting home after a day of work, but everything in Elite is so tedious and slow that I just dont bother. That is a huge problem.

Post it there and watch them throw a tantrum.
Followed by your post getting deleted

was my intention
but the mod closed the thread quickly

>shhh everything is fine the 10 Year Plan is doing wonderful
>Please buy more skins :)
>Praise the Vision!

Yes because those of the enlightened are also "volunteer moderators" and can censor you for so much as implying the game has a bug.

*Mod hat off

We don't censor anyone. Please stop spreading misinformation.

mandatory
>This isn't EVE

It's also a wonder that even Hullo doesn't post much content for this game, but will talk more about EVE.

Most forum dads just cry "this isn't EVE" because they were never allowed to pilot anything in EVE.

well memed CMDR o7

Because steam forums are only for praising the game right?

Thank god for steam reviews.

Can't wait until dads discover /edg/ and apply for jaintor applications to keep the thread open opinions

Who made this?
I'll probably steal this and mess with it a bit, might at least credit the author.

>Veeky Forums
>credit the author
wut?

They don't ever learn from their mistakes.

They've been multiplicatively compounding bonus on bonus or RNG on RNG since the alpha tests, resulting in exploits, frustrating difficulty curves or just utterly unacceptable levels of timesink.

>nms
>depth
>meaningful exploration

It's not even about EVE's gameplay. A lot of people agree EVE is a very time-demanding game and some people stray away simply because of the timesink and content that is gated behind time locks like skill training. After playing both though, EVE gives me more sense of being able to use my time to do something useful, even if that time is very short. In Elite, I basically just fly around or mindlessly collect Engineer mats which, after hours of searching, could turn out to be all for nothing all because of a bad dice roll. I saw a lot of people saying on the forums that Elite "doesnt respect their time" and I didnt quite fully understand what they meant until I thought about it and compared it to other games.

What is the best medium combat ship? FDL? Vulture?

Vulture is small.

And very power-constrained since they didn't buff it like they did the FDL.

Ah, ok. Any other contenders? Python?

FDL is the king. Huge shields, good hardpoints, best speed and maneuverabilty.

FAS is the runner up, it has everything the FDL has except the shields, you have to run it shieldless.

Python and Dropship are both useable, in fact I'm running a railgun dropshit myself at the moment and it's super fun.

First you'll need your player faction to be controlling a system, have a ticket approved by braben, purchase a base design from the cash shop and then you can spend a few billion credits to fund it. Then you'll need to buy and transport a gorillion units of various materials, components and colonists (who are just renamed tourists). This will have to be done in under a certain amount of time or you "abandon construction", and then you'll have to wait for 6 months for it to be built. After this you'll have a station on a planet with 1 small landing pad with no services, but you can buy a station paint job (only 9.99 for each bulding). Now you can start gathering credits and commodities to build additional landing pads and install services so you can actually refuel there. Then you have to keep stocking the station manually untill you reach a certain level that allows trade routes to be added, but watch out for black markets as you cant get rid of them and they cause your supplies to dissapear faster. If you dont keep supply levels in the black the station is abandoned. If all this seems unreasonable its because you're entitled and supposed to have help from other players in your faction, base building isnt ment to be completed by groups of less than 50.

Now you have your own station, so sit back, relax and buy it a faction name paint job for only 5.99. The in game benefits of building a station is your factions name is on it. Just hope a rival faction doesnt take it over or you'll have to start again.

Right on, CMDRs o7

Praise Braben o7

Hm, ok, thanks. I'm guessing they all have shit jump range?

pretty much, FDL has the worst (11ly) and Python has the "best" (around 15)

Streaming ED on twitch atm.

>best speed and maneuverabilty.

FAS is more maneuverable than FDL and has stronger lateral thrusters.

>you have to run it shieldless.

Depends on how long you want to remain in combat. You could put a biweave shield on it as a buffer since it regenerates, but don't invest heavily in shield strength since it's shit overall.

I probably should have been more clear with my sarcasm.

Forum dad defense is broken into a very few select answers when answering to criticism.

>This isn't EVE
>4 pips to systems
>just wait and things will come to you
>you shouldn't grind
>just play the game
>people with money just grief
>he makes youtube/twitch/hitbox revenue because of this game

The dads want the game full of artificial game lengtheners, because they seem to think that is going to keep people buying into the game and supporting continued development. If it wasn't for Sothis runs finally getting me into an Anaconda, I probably would have gone back to apexis daily grinding in WoW, because I get more out of that compared to farming materials that may or may not appear. To the dads we are guilty of liking how other games handle stuff in a relatively consistent manner. We should be forced to enjoy the dad's toy the way they do, even if there is massive potential for the game to exist in a state where the dads are just as happy with the game as rest of us.