/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
EU fags download the demo here: www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html

NA fags either pray Nintendo sends you a code or buy it for $4 in the e3 humble bundle. That or wait until June 30th for the public release

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XC6I8iPiHT8
youtube.com/watch?v=hpFsNeubnug
youtube.com/watch?v=WSZ57-EHLXs
youtube.com/watch?v=6HuUT2_dpcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

demo
cougar
38-1006-5499-2968

come on bby

G10.1

3rd for Americans will never understand why games like Frontier and Generations are garbage.

4th for code begging

plz ;_;

>not having a demo code
>ever needing a demo code

kys

if you have it get in the fucking room

>not having the full game thanks to CFW

Qurupeco shouldn't be so attractive...

Americans and apparently japs

Someday, just to spite you, MH will have a combo meter.

BBC made stupid shit too to be fair, I remember watching a documentary on pistol shrimps and the fuckers actually added in the sound of a gun cocking and firing.

youtube.com/watch?v=XC6I8iPiHT8

Anyone know how to unlock the Dinovaldo GS? I have all his drops, but I can't find it. Is it locked behind a quest?

Wyvern's fire that insta KOs?

I'd use that!

how do I resist my urge to play mh4u while waiting for generations. I don't want to get burnt out.

>Giving KO to even MORE weapons
NO FUCK OFF HAMMER IS FOR KO NOT SNS NOT CB AND CERTAINLY NOT FUCKING GUNLANCE YOU FUCK

X already added super finishers and people accepted those.

Capcom can shit on mainline however they want and people will justify it.

what the absolute fuck?

Frontier have combo meter on tonfas and some similar gimmick with DS.

>not putting cool shooty bang noises on your shrimp footage

>grinding HR Glavenus for armor
>just want 8 fangs
>have gotten 6 plates in the past 3 hunts, but only 5 fangs
Jesus, this is not luck, this is torture

Nevermind. Got a total of four plates in that hunt

>get one from last carve
>three in the fucking rewards

I don't enjoy styles at all but I wouldn't mind if they kept weapon specific hunter arts only and made them charge up much slower. Some weapons I'd remove certain arts and replace them with new ones. I probably wouldn't keep any buff arts like guard rage or the SA ones, just some extra moves that you get a couple times a hunt.

I love SnS, but after years of performing virtually the same combo over and over I think getting a cool extra move to use every once and awhile is okay as long as it's not too over the top.

You're going to have a real fun time grinding Ember Dino for his powders.

>have 23 flame balls in inventory
>42 plates
>1 powder

Arts need to go.
Aerial needs to be accesible by all, remove striker and adept and make it so everyone can exchange between guild and aerial mid hunt.

What the fuck? So you think arts don't belong in the series but you think aerial style is a welcome addition?

Mounting is here to stay, just make everyone able to jump and just maybe we can get flatter maps as nobody will miss platforms.
Also good joke implying that arts and adept are less silly.

When did I say anything about adept/bushido style?

I don't like arts as they exist now either, I made that pretty clear. They need to be weapon specific (no fully invincible evade sharpens) and can't just be buffs. Also need to charge much slower.

Chill dawg. Hammer is for KO pros while the others are to help the new fags and non hammer hunters. Love all the weps equally

Nah, he's right. Why should non-impact weapons be allowed to KO more easily than impact weapons?

I never want to solo Ember Dino ever again
Fuck soloing that thing

Just killed another dino.
Not a single fang this time
Please kill me

I'm bored to death playing mhx, how's this for a really gimmicky all offense set?

>Obtuse Blade
>Hostility (AuL when red is in health bar, stacks with last resort)
>Last Resort (AuL when inflicted with status)
>Crit Eye+3
>Double Poison

The plan is to use double poison to my advantage and pop a poison mushroom throughout the fight to keep 40 true raw in damage buffs going.

user, you forgot mhg at the title. People are going to freak to fuck out again :/

Senpai, are you blind or stupid

Ah, there it was. I little bit of both I think, yup.

Sounds like a really cool gimmick, I like it. What's the set? I can't imagine being able to fit all of those skills in mhx.

Also, double poison only increases the amount of damage from it, it doesn't increase the duration(unlike para, sleep, stun).

True, but taking more damage = more red bar = longer Hostility duration. Kind of a bummer about the posion duration thing though, at least it's a free skill.

What about Lance Shield bash? :^)

there is an ASS for gen?

Fuck i just realized that hundreds of players all over the web will be triggered by MHGen's ending cutscene

Why wouldn't there be?

>they attack X
>but they don't attack 4U or they defend it
every time

What is it?

>there is one for MHO
wew lad

youtube.com/watch?v=hpFsNeubnug

meh it's not THAT bad.

hatsune miku: catatonic edition

I like it

>get four plates and or gems from 1 hunt

>you only need claws/scales

Every. Fucking. Time.

Dala refuses to give rippers. But I'm rolling in gems and plates...

>catatonic

But why? I don't mind cute every now and then, but this is somewhat different from the scenes of the bar in the earlier games.

Nothing was going to beat Tri's ending song, but holy shit is that awful

im just wondering what made you so mad right meow?

DrTangerine is that you?

They already stated that MHX was supposed to attract newcomers i.e. more kids. Judging by the sales it didn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=WSZ57-EHLXs

I thought that was what monhun stories is gunna be for???

thats horrible, the lip syncin is shit aong with the right hand girls performance wtf/

Maybe they meant newcomers outside of Japan.

She didnt take it very seriously.

They want the God Eater audience

Cutest.

Haven't played any of these and didn't get the psp emu to work to try out the series like 6 months ago. Saw this and I was curious, how much of the content is multiplayer/internet shit? I live in fuckall nowhere so there's no spotpass, virtually no streetpass and my router is incompatible with my 3ds so I have no internet connection. Looked through the FAQ and didn't find anything on it.

You can solo everything.

only tri on wii had content inaccessible without server. all others you can solo everything. it's designed for at least 2 people though so its not gonna be easy especially if you're new to the series

Thanks guys. I'll take the plunge on generations on the 15th and hope for the best.

Can I hire NPC mercenaries or whatever to round out the Party(?)?

yes, you have cats with you, and they're fairly strong in gen. also low rank in gen is the easiest low rank in the series

I'm going to prowler mode to anti grind. Just use boomerang cat and get all them mats without having to make sets for my huntress.

>to avoid grinding for sets i'm going to use a boomerang cat which requires me to seek decent ones with good abilities and moves and etc gonna waste even more time if i want it to even be viable

youtube.com/watch?v=6HuUT2_dpcw

神プレイ

Yes?
>Going for one thing / a few things
>going for a metric shitload of different things

Hmmm.... i wonder what is the option the short circuits the grind?

How many First Aid Meds should I be using per solo hunt if I'm a guard lancer? I typically find myself getting hurt by either trample, shitty tailwhip hitboxes, or just being hit in the side by their tail.

>Use CB in 4U
>Hammer babbies couldn't KO as much as me while cutting tails and shit

Lay it on me. What's bad about it.?

How is God Eater compared to mon hun?

I watched the anime it was decent I guess, but never got the chance to try the games.

Faster, easier, more difficult MH with bullet customization.
Only MH "clone" that came out right.

>grinding azure rathalos
>get like 4 gems in 6 hunts
is this real life?

how is your router incompatible with your 3DS?

Not the guy, but probably it's set up to broadcast wifi N only.

It's fun but you must understand that it's not as AAA big as MH.

>easier, more difficult

yes

that make sense it dont get it

It's weird. They give you way too many tools and the monsters don't take long to come down even for inexperienced players, but when they attack they hurt you bad and more than often are difficult to evade.

KINGDOM HEARTS

LEND ME YOUR DARKNESS

>people getting hyped for generations when its literally frontier on portable devices yet they still call frontier bad
good shit
frontier, unite best games

>literally frontier
you wish faggot

high rank nyan armor is canon

Literally frontier on portable is frontier on vita

Anybody?

Best status for Lances in MH3U?
Slimeblight aside, already have that covered

>status
>monster hunter
if you're not sleepbombing, just use element