/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

Suspicious Edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

>Triforce Heroes group of play
*Coming apparently never*

>News/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/agFH98VZ
pastebin.com/HhjCb6Bc
zeldaclassic.com/
strawpoll.me/10583264
youtu.be/N9nGBVhOGWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for CD-i

this is more dead than my sex life

Trust me, it's not THAT bad.

3rd for 2nd most likely ship in TP

I didn't put this in the OP as another user said
>Timeline speculation pastebin
pastebin.com/agFH98VZ

Feel free to point out your personal speculations, I might add them to the pastebin.

cough cough

>at one of the final dungeons of Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2
>massive fuck off dungeon with puzzles in every other room
>it's a dual layered dungeon that switches depending on what floor tile you're walking on
>one of the puzzles requires you to solve a lost woods styled maze within the dungeon so you can reach a room to take note of where the colored blocks are placed to go push them in that order on the other side of that dungeon
>in order to solve that maze you have to a bunch of other shit to get 3 keys to talk to an old man to get the solution of the maze

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS NUTS

I kinda like it

When will we learn its official timeline placement?

Thank goodness the real ship is superior

>We talked a little bit about the idea of density, how dense do we make this big world,” he explained, “as we were developing it, we realized that filling [Hyrule] with things to do and explore is going to be a lot of work. It's going to take a lot of people and a lot of time. But when we actually started doing it and experienced things like moving around on the horse or climbing up to a high place and paragliding down, we realized that our desire to see what's ahead was more than just wanting to see what's in the world. So in that sense, we realized that it's kind of OK if there are pockets of emptiness.

Worrying? Interesting? source it's an interview with Aonuma.
pastebin.com/HhjCb6Bc

No

She was ugly and annoying

>never calling the right reply number
fffuuuuuck

She will always be better than bug lady. That's something!

Well, there's no point arguing. The Twilight Princess is too good. It's a shame he will never see her again.

>“Rupees do exist,” Aonuma said, “but the reason for their existence is a little different this time around. As you saw it's not about going to cut down grass and collect rupees or find them in treasure chests but it's about collecting things and going to sell them and then using the rupees you get to buy new things. The rupees are there but they serve a different purpose.” (Editor's note: A pair of IGN staff members found a single rupee while looting the rusty remains of a Guardian, but we didn’t find it until after this interview.)
Is this just about ingame economy or will they have an explanation that's part of the story?

Who knows. I think Nintendo will let us to find out by ourselves before doing an official statement.
With TFH and BotW, they need to do a reprint of Hyrule Historia.

Someone post that picture of Link tattooed like a Twili biting Midna's finger

It gave me a boner in my heart

Depends on how Nintendo tells the legend. Maybe we get an introduction like in WW, then it's clear right at the start. If not, we will probably discover its place after release when the first few power gamers rush the game.

Noooo, fuck, I forgot to put Zelda Classic links in the OP, god fucking damnit. Next time, I promise.

If anyone is interested, Zelda Classic is full of neat rom hacks. Check it out.
zeldaclassic.com/

>Is this just about ingame economy or will they have an explanation that's part of the story?
I guess it's also part of the story. Hyrule's reign is shattered and there isn't a proper economy anymore. Rupees are pretty much like gold now, they can only used as barter.
I think what Aonuma wants to say is that before it was easy as fuck to find rupees, while now it will be much harder and we will have to use them propely.

Also, this is another confirmation there will be more NPCs.

I completely agree, it creates contrast.

Shit like Skyrim/Witcher etc etc tend to suffer from "INTEREST POINT" bogus, it becomes a hassle to just explore every mark on the map and then you really start to ignore everything else that's in the world.

It's realistic. It also depends on how you define "emptiness". The only "true" emptiness exists in outer space and the innermost layer of my soul, so calling a patch wilderness void of NPCs, but filled with natural occurrences "empty" is totally okay.

I agree with you. But it breaks my heart when people point out at the "emptiness" of the game as a negative.
I mean, WW's Great Sea and TP's Hyrule field are the very definition of emptiness (not outer space emptiness though). What we saw in BotW so far is far from being THAT empty.

I liken it to the 'emptiness' in SoTC.

It really adds to the atmosphere and wonder.

I'd even say that the sea in WW wasn't nearly empty enough. They did well trying though.

I wish Nintendo would acknowledge all CD-i things. Not in an official way, something like when they poke fun of the Virtual Boy. Like how the virtual Boy is always in every Wario Ware game or that cameo in tomodachi life: "All hail the virtual boy".

>There's more dialogue options [for Link] in this game than any other Zelda game
>There's a very good chance when you talk to Zelda in BotW you'll eventually get a "Well, excuuu-se me, Princess" dialogue choice

NO. NO.

If you are in a mood for Zelda-likes, Darksiders II is only 6 bucks on Steam.
I played the Wii U version and it's ok.

>darksiders 2

This is no place for a horse

>Give possibility to call the horse in any moment
>You can't call it in most of the places
It's stupid

As long as the physics system remains interesting throughout the whole game, I don't mind the same level of world-building detail as in every other game. I just hope there's at least two or three fucking towns this time.

You'd have to pay me to play Darksiders. Seriously.

In Zelda 2 there were like three towns, right? It might happen the same.

>post OoT
>Hyrule gets flooded
>kokiri evolve into koroks
>zoras evolve into ritos
>gorons go (almost) extinct
>hylians ???
>sheikas ???
>every other human ???
Did they ever explain how the islands got populated after the flood? I don't remember anything about WW.

They got populated during the flooding, people fled to the mountaintops which are now the islands.

Thanks, I thought it was done by MAGIC.

"official"
>hylians ???
>sheikas ???
>every other human ???

my version
>hylians = every other human = see that mountain? you can climb it. CLIMB IT OR YOU DIE. CLIMB IT. NOW.
>sheikah = No.

Many humans live in boats, like Beetle.

you've been in a coma for quite some time. i know, you would like to know how long... it's been

100 years

I'M HILYAN

crashing this loftwing... with no survivors!

gamefeel

Is there a poll on who's getting BotW on NX or Wii U?

There was, I think. But fuck it, here's a new one.
strawpoll.me/10583264

NX will win though. Many people mindlessly hate the Wii U, even in this general.

I have about 60 dollars in the eshop. It all depends if I could use it on the NX or not.

Should have used them in the recent eshop sale.

All the things I wanted was already purchased

So many people here loves them cross-timeline theories.
One thing that always came to my mind is the Wind Fish and the role wind has in Wind Waker.
I know, they are completely different timelines. Still, it's very strange how a giant fish is related to Wind in a timeline Where there isn't a hero of winds. Maybe the Wind Fish is related to WW?

Yeah, this makes zero sense but whatever.

I don't get this pic

I think she wants to cook the koroks.

>she
w-what?

>He doesn't know

He's a headcanoning faggot. Did you know the rival in the new Pokemon is also chubby and transgendered?

oh god, I would hate it, loathe it, despise it and love it all at the same time, I love when companies poke fun at past mistakes in their history

>LBW
LTTP
>BOTW
LOZ
>Next Zelda game
Zelda II?

No, LA.

I just clicked on it LOL!

I mean, look at SotC, the empty overworld does wonders to the atmosphere.

can i cut down and/or burn the great deku tree in botw?

What makes you think that it'll be in the game?

I just hope there's a huge desert/ocean/giant underground or any area without a map, and that you need to use natural means to guide yourself.

>Aonuma: “I can't share too much about villages because the way they work is interconnected to the story and overall world. It would be spoilers,

I think because the world is wild and rampant with monsters, so every village has some sort of magic camouflage defense feature. Maybe you'll be able to play mayor too and decide to upgrade stuff about villages. Or lend your service for defense missions.

>Aonuma: Yes, so the upgrade path is very Zelda-like.
>IGN: Can we assume it takes place within towns and leave it at that?
>Aonuma: Not quite. [laughter]

Seems you can upgrade stuff outside of towns.

>"Yes, you're right that arrow is definitely an important part of the game,” Aonuma said, “and actually getting that arrow is very important to navigating the game.

There will be areas locked until you get the special arrow. Maybe you won't be able to pass magic camouflage of the villages without the arrow.

>On the systems side, you get a list of missions that’s easy to look into and check on.
Was worrying about that.

Maybe it's less of a camouflage and more of a barrier? The special arrow seems to be Shiekah-make and seems to be competent at dismantling some of the other Shiekah tech.

>Upgrade path
Depends on what kind of upgrades they're talking about. If it's things like heart containers, that doesn't seem like the kind of thing to really take place in towns, but if they mean item upgrades, we never saw any form of "crafting" menu or anything. It could easily be that they removed it for the sake of the E3 demo, but it could also be purely restricted to towns.
I remember seeing Boko Clubs with "Durable" on them, maybe there are people in town you can pay to upgrade your equipment in a similar manner. Other than that an answer of "Not quite" doesn't really say anything other than upgrades not solely being linked to towns.

Oh, wow. I didn't know Veeky Forums had a LOZ general. Nice.

What outfits do you wanna see in BotW, lozg?

It's pretty new. Could use some more life in it.

>pic related
Medieval plate armor
Green tunic
Chain mail
Hero's shade armor
lewd stuff

So out of any boss there is in all of the games, which one did you find the most interesting? The most memorable?

Gimme this to wear, hell any masks at all would make me happy.

Who else here actually likes TP's big overworld? I get so sick of people calling it vast and empty; I love just riding around in it.

Give me something similar to this too.
Any form of anonymity would be nice.

Bongo bongo

I liked it but also wished there was more to do.
It's good but would be better.

Yeah I guess. I don't know, I recall riding into eastern Hyrule Field, getting attacked by bad guys, then when I finished the battle, just stopping at a random tree for a break and finding a bug there. Or returning to the castle and seeing Agitha come out to pick flowers. Felt like a real world to me.

That ledge really did need enemies.

Holy shit, I'm scarred by the Wii version.

Mental maps are very important for me. Having the whole game flipped did not help me out at all. I'm getting confused all the time. I need to play the gamecube version again. Cya.

Quick, claim your waifu before someone else does it

Romani.

>NX winning
Called it.

I dreamt her first, bitches

Good taste.

Bump

Not that anyone else was going to.

THICC

We need to go faster

FASTER

No, stop. You're going to have a broken Link.

So, what exactly is the deal with Link's disappointingly small Hood?
The old man has one pretty similar to it.

FUCK

It's more a cape than a hoodie

Can't stop this Link

>The old man has one pretty similar to it.
... old man is link confirmed

The only similarity I see is that they both have hoods. The design and shape are totally different, plus Link has the capepart that the old man doesn't.

>This is a great idea
>I HAVE MANY REGRETS

Kekked

It's curious he defines himself "strange".

>Marin
youtu.be/N9nGBVhOGWI

Also, Koholint Island is on the BotW world map. What does it mean? I have no idea!

>Also, Koholint Island is on the BotW world map
Bullshit.