/ss13g/ - Spessmen on a Spess station

Bad and Laggy Code Edition.

Last time on /ss13g/
>Goonlight is still generating a mass ton of runtimes and the guy who ported them fucked off to make another shitty SS13 remake
>You can still see things through walls
>We're still laggy while Veeky Forums and Paradise managed to kill it with the tick_usage world var
>No new Veeky Forums reich where we ruled over the other codebases like back in 2014
>First ones to have fully functional Parallax if anything

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OS0o4nD3QFs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDwotNLyz10
youtube.com/watch?v=Vm0VBWnUhvU
youtube.com/watch?v=DKftiJS30Cs
youtube.com/watch?v=UWNhTSiDS3w
youtube.com/watch?v=AZm1_jtY1SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wlNrQGmj6oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WKNOlDtZluU
youtube.com/watch?v=MFYYhtBpX_0
youtube.com/watch?v=RtdKhwhAcd4
youtube.com/watch?v=yZy9ziutmaA
youtube.com/watch?v=XfvU3P9x7RU
youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM
youtube.com/watch?v=E8WPr5gA5TU
youtube.com/watch?v=l0VjuphCiYs
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/10601
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

which format is needed for the jukebox? is it .ogg?

I'm gonna marry flusteredcuck!

yes

Alright. Guess I'll set up a conversion job later when I'm not doing anything. Acquiring the tracks I don't have for the Rock playlist I drafted right now.

If anyone has any more suggestions for the playlists, please reply on the forums and I'll probably add them.

Why are we not having a vote about this? Why are you talking as if you have already gotten the clear in changing the jukebox?

what happened to byond? i'm having a lot of issues when trying to join the server.

He's not though. Also why the fuck would we need a vote just for some new jukebox playlist?

A new playlist? The forum thread made it sound like the entire jukebox was being re-vamped, as in the old one being removed and replaced with this one.

You did good wizard, sorry but the second you murdered that guy, even if he literally asked for it, I had to go in and do my job. You did great though, shit was fun.

>be chemist
>make decent cryomix
>stock the fridge
>fill the cloning pod with biomass
>shoot out between cops and a gang start to happens nearby my home
>hide for 15 minutes below my bed
>back to the game
>some shit happens
>more shoots
>hide again
hope i didn't missed the fun

Is BYOND down for anyone else?

yeah.

>>shoot out between cops and a gang start to happens nearby my home

The fuck kind of shithole do you line in pal.

I'm just offering up new playlists with an actual theme behind them, unlike the current Rock playlist which is just a mix of anything and everything. Some people have spoke about wanting a re-organisation of the video game music playlists because they don't make sense. I like the jukebox and so do a lot of people, but the playlists are jumbled and pretty garbage, I just want something nice for everyone, which is why I'm trying to get input from others. In the end, the jukebox is controlled by pomf, and I'll ship the playlists to him once I feel they're 'finished' and he can decide what to do with them. I don't want to touch stuff like the Shuttle, Apocalypse, and e-magged playlists. But, people have said the Jazz playlist sucks, so I'd like people to come together and make something better out of it. I just want more music in the game for bar gimmicks you know? If anything, we can just throw all the music that didn't make it into the new Rock playlist into the bar playlist, it's not like they're concurrently different in type of content.

It was for the best anyway, otherwise it probably would have just been extended with a friendly wizard gimmick.

>not getting your irl valids
Fucking scrub

it was a pretty good neighborhood until niggers moved in

but where

does anyone have a list of the lobby songs?

>tfw starting out mentally retarded

Admin PM: What are you doing nigger?
You have been banned from silicons. Reason: harmbatonned an assistant under asimov. This ban has no expiration date, you may appeal it on the forums after a month.

>implying not subverted

Trialmins amiright.

Do you play as one in game too?

only ironically ironically

nanopaper webm support.
videos a chicken jumping over a football

Prog Rock playlist when?
youtube.com/watch?v=OS0o4nD3QFs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDwotNLyz10
youtube.com/watch?v=Vm0VBWnUhvU
youtube.com/watch?v=DKftiJS30Cs
youtube.com/watch?v=UWNhTSiDS3w
youtube.com/watch?v=AZm1_jtY1SQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wlNrQGmj6oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WKNOlDtZluU

After the eurobeat playlist

I wanted to add all my favourite prog-rock songs to the rock playlist, but I can't justify adding 15-20 minute songs to the playlist without some sort of skip function. That's why in my suggestion the only prog-rock songs are the shorter ones. I would add Moonchild, 2112, wish you were here, etc, if they didn't have such long runtimes.

>tfw you think you like the drone music playing but then you realize it's just the maintenance ambience

youtube.com/watch?v=MFYYhtBpX_0
most good vidya songs that you'd like to hear somewhere in ss13

It sucks, but you could always use the singles edits of the songs
youtube.com/watch?v=RtdKhwhAcd4

youtube.com/watch?v=yZy9ziutmaA

youtube.com/watch?v=XfvU3P9x7RU

youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM

youtube.com/watch?v=E8WPr5gA5TU

youtube.com/watch?v=l0VjuphCiYs
Roboic augments for pets when?

If your neighborhood went to shit because niggers then you already lived in a shitty area.

Niggers can't afford homes in good areas. Face it, you were always a poor faggot in a bad area.

>Niggers can't afford homes in good areas
>HUD’s Mandatory Minority Relocation Program

>implying HUD does anything for anyone

They don't force people to sell their homes to allow others to move in and they barely build houses. Your area was shit, deal with it.

Even knowing what HUD is

You're both actually niggers, aren't you?

>They don't force people to sell homes
>If any one sells a home in your area its shit!
>50 billion USD buget
>Supports 5 million households
>The din du nuffin!

How do bluespace tomatoes work?

Ew... retracts from the experience of the entire track too much. Maybe I'll draft up a playlist of some prog-rock tracks, but there would only be a few songs, like 10-20.

thanks for the hours wasted, Mustard

how do i git gud at viro?
what else can i use besides the virus food since there's a toxins meter

>get memed by the vampire early on
>become a crab
>autism away
anything worse than a antag that muderbornes in the middle of a bus?

when the potencys up there, you throw em and they teleport what they hit like an unlinked hand tele, minus the portals.

how do you become a crab?

>Its another Admin Meme round
>It's always essentially an extended round with the admins trying really hard to meme

When will the admins learn, that they're not funny and their rounds are shit?

pray for the RNG god

beg the admin to make a bus round be fun while you're dead

I miss Elim too, user.

You guys should really display a warning when the round has this kind of bus. I have no intentions to join in as a security officer and find the station completely destroyed

>it's another episode of morena's greatest hits

new jukebox songs are needed though

theeeen
don't? you join, you find out it's bus, you commit suicide in the middle of a hallway

That's what I did and I felt bad for wasting a slot that way.
Some kind of warning like -You will spawn at the mining/research outpost- when joining up would be good

I've been bwoinked for insta-suiciding because I didn't want to play a "changeling killing everyone and turning off power" round after joining.

did I miss another dorf fort round?

>main chef
>round is hardly ever on hardcore mode
>your job only feels like something to get rid of an unsightly icon on someones screen instead of indirectly saving their life

same, where the fuck has he gone? did he ever post about leaving?

>Not cooking life-saving food
>Not countering any potential vampire or cult problems by cooking with garlic
>Not weeding out the weak borers by adding salt to every meal

We had a vampire accidentally ash himself after he had a mushroom and garlic pizza the other day

Hunger slows you down and stops natural healing.
A full stomach can be the difference between yakkety sax and two bullets in the skull.

As long as you make decent food everyone is happy. Chefs who make nothing but DUDELMAO food need to be valid.

considering how often vgstation just seems to lurch into multiple hours, it's actually a decent job.

Most other stations, round is over before anyone even gets hungry.

DUDELMAO food?

Food laced with epic drugs, ambrosia, weed, whatever. Essentially nothing but food that makes you more fucked up than if you were on low hunger.

Daily reminder that Kurfurst is trying to smuggle in Botany stuns in a content PR.
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/10601

>Goonlight is still generating a mass ton of runtimes and the guy who ported them fucked off to make another shitty SS13 remake
Couldn't have said it better myself

How do i steal peoples bank account information and all their money?

They can already make a vine that injects you with impedrezene, spiritbreaker and cyanide for daring to step near it, a stun isn't going to be much more useful, particularly since it stuns the user too.

telepathy.

But why would you bother? No one even uses funds for anything.

We should really have an ore vendor that shaft miners pump ore into and people can purchase sheets.

But no one will use them of course. Shaft miners aren't supposed to be delivering resource to RnD/Robotics. They're supposed to be getting them from cargo.

But cargo is busy requisitioning gun crates and autism forting to actually do their fucking job.

Get the mind reading genetic power, or just grab their PDA and empty their virtual wallet. Make sure you print cash instead of direct transfer for no paper trail.

chef is pretty much an RP job, less so than bartender, as a ``chef main'' (what the fuck) you should know to make your own fun and that not all rounds will turn out how you want them to

if there's no chef people eat ANYTHING they can find which can lead to stupid shit

As sec/head?

Some admin, I forget who (Whoever plays Nasir, maybe?), ahelped for hardcore mode when playing as a chef one or two days ago. As long as it's not a regular occurance (and it's done before people starve wince they'll almost instantly get put down if hardcore mode is enabled), I don't see anything wrong with it

>Hardcore mode

you what m8

On hardcore mode, starving kills.
Combine it with extreme ZAS settings for maximeme

bay is removing the shitty red fire alarm/emergency shuttle flash and replacing it with emergency lighting

mp3

Best key to bind rest to? I've tried / but it seems a bit too far away from my pinky and I always hit shift instead. Anyone have any better alternatives? Is there a way to replace the normal keybinds with your own macros?

I have it bound to num pad 1 but I'll probably remove it since I keep accidentally pressing it when I mean to holster with 0

>we have no dim blue-green lighting to signify backup lighting in times of emergency
>it's either full bright or blackness

How do you restrain somebody without handcuffs?

You can make shitty handcuffs out of cable.

IT'S NEW LIGHTING
GOD ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS ASK FOR MORE AND MOREDo youo even know how hard it was to port
but you keep gong "make it better" or "it lags my client" as if you even knew what you want
Be fucking happy with what you get no one else is making it for you

Threadly reminder

Harvey a cute. A CUTE!

who is this

detective should get the thermal eye patch for every map

GRAY PRIDE
STATION WIDE

Just get a borer or five

COLA GOOD

>"it lags my client" as if you even knew what you want
I know I don't want quadruple digit lag times.

How do you get numpad macros to work? Every time I tried using them they wouldn't work and I'd just get a windows DING sound when I pressed those keys

Removal of assistant when?

I had FOUR ARMS that round.
Thank you, based dragonbro.
also thank you the spanish inquisiton and beefslab

>find a shit load of guns
>even loot the cap laser for space adventures
>get back
>spider queen in maint
>go with sandy with the CE suit
>unload two guns in it, about to get the second one
>all this prioritizing not shooting a welder for accident
>the only shot sandy takes gets the fucking weldertank next to me
Fucking hell Sandy did you even knew the det revolver do jack shit damage?

Detective used to spawn with thermals way back when traitors could buy cloaks (which were defeated by thermals)