/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general - Drinking Brexit tears edition

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise game exploits, like OoT or Freakyforms Deluxe)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5
3DS piracy 101: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 may get released soon. Make sure to block updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4p3ycq/aurora_wrights_arm9loaderhax_fork_updated_merges/
3dsdb.com/
twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/746750201579208704
store.aksysgames.com/products/nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never going to play ZTD, downloading it anyway.

Same here, want to see what the fuss is about, have not seen /v/vg/ go this crazy for a game since SoulsBorne

I've been out of touch for like two weeks, was the "hurr emunand is getting perma fucked for good next update" just a le epic trollz0r or does it have any ground to stand on?

A9LH or bust.

Looks like you didn't understand my post. Allow me to repeat myself:

I've been out of touch for like two weeks, was the "hurr emunand is getting perma fucked for good next update" just a le epic trollz0r or does it have any ground to stand on?

he answered you, dumbass. no one is recommended to use emunand any more. i don't think it's permafucked yet though.

Newfag here, so I got a homebrew and my cias never get fully installed to become playable after using NASA/FBI do I need to go through the Sys&EmuNAND steps for them to show up on the home menu?

No he didn't, his opinion on emunand vs alh9 was completely uncalled for. I just want to know if there's any actual substance behind the bullshit that was in the OP two threads ago.

Which update is required to play ZTD?

emuNAND is safe, don't listen to the memers

I've never messed with this kinda stuff before. Every Wii U game seems to come in the form of multiple .rar files. Am I supposed to be able to unpack any of these or do I just load them all into my SD card?

Did the 12 hour maintenance actually scan for uses of freeshop?

SUN AND MOON LEAK WHEN?

ZTD QR

Download all the parts in a folder. Click any of the parts and inside it should be the whole ISO. Extract that ISO to anywhere you want and boom you're done

You still need to unpack the ISO to make it Loadiine ready, no?

What's the best allocation size for Wii U Games? Apparently lowest is best and im going 8kb but most forums comments i've read are going with 32-64 kbs.

Anyone knows what's best?

Shouldn't really matter. I go with the highest available because it supposedly loads faster. Others go with the smallest as it uses less space on the SD card.

Highest is best according to the guide in the OP. I use 64KB.

CTR-P-BZEE
??

What?

That's the title id for whatever that's downloading

64k cluster.
Loadiine isn't perfect. Some games like the new Zelda HD take forever anyway.

That's the file name

I'm clicking on the parts, but it just says that it can't load the file as an archive.

How exactly is A9LH better than Menuxhax+rxTools?
And how can I play GBA titles on my o3ds?

picture for reference and so maybe someone can point out something i'm missing here

Forgot to blot out my name whoops. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

Bit surprised no one is talking about this

We don't need microsds to be on CFW any more guise. This is what I thought the a9lh was leading up to for a while.

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4p3ycq/aurora_wrights_arm9loaderhax_fork_updated_merges/

read op

or go back in time 3 months where I would explain it to you, sucks you're late

Hi Devon

It's probably RAR5, update 7zip or get WinRAR.

DEVON
ONE OF ELEVEN

It's only a "mini" CFW with minimal features so probably shouldn't be used for normal use. Still, it's good progress.

How to decrypt ZTD for Citra without 3DS?
Decrypt9's guides are saying that I need 3DS for decryption.

Sure enough. 7zip was outdated. Thanks, user.

It's always the super hyped games that turn out to be total shit

How do I delete a cia file if the product ID doesn't coincide with the one on gamefags? Like how do I find out which of the ones I got installed is the correct game

3dsdb.com/

game isn't on there for some reason
it's 7th dragon

Ya can't

We can't decrypt without the 3DS itself yet.

nvm I found it by exclusion

Shit.
Thank you.
Is anyone planning to decrypt and share decrypted version?

trying to downgrade a 9.9 o3ds and doing the EmuNAND9 step in part 2 and the bottom screen flashes red twice before going back to homebrew channel instead of EMUNAND9

What gives?

I really liked the Zettai Hero Project for the PsP.

I don't know what genre that game is, or what games would be relatively similar. Are there any 3ds games that are close to Z.H.P?

Also, same question but with Cladun: This is an RPG.

Both of those games were great for playing in short bursts on the way to and from work and I'd like something to fill the gap.

Back when the 5.5.1 kernal exploit leaked, I decided to completely ignore it for a while until everything calmed down and got a bit more easy/stable to use. Now I find out it's as easy as downloading two zip files, putting them on your SD card, and going to a website in the browser.

What else have I been missing out on? Or is it basically only just loadiine?

You should be able to find something on 3dsiso or any fishy mexican site
Or just make a request

>IOSU for Wii U
Is it finally time to get a Wii U?
Emulators when?

>believing this lie
kek

>Spend ages trying to download and unpack #FE
>Turns out it's a rushjob and the cutscenes aren't even subbed
>Unpacked files don't even have an .iso anywhere
I guess I should learn to be a little more patient.

>Emulators when?
We've had emulators since launch, my dude

On vWii

Keep hold of it. There's a program being made to properly uncensor it that should work with any western version, hopefully butchered ones too.

>Unpacked files don't even have an .iso anywhere
>I guess I should learn to be a little more patient.
Or you could learn how to actually use loadiine in the meantime :^)

ZTD LEAK WHEN?

thoughts?

8 hours ago

5 hours ago

Following the a9lh guide on the last step of Section III - RedNAND Prep.

I'm trying to install PlaiSysUpdater.cia but the FIB is giving me this error message.
Any clue as to where I went wrong?

Yeah, i just want a reason to replace my Wii.

Also, did anyone already figured out how make the Wii U output a resolution smaller than 480p?

>Also, did anyone already figured out how make the Wii U output a resolution smaller than 480p?
Shit's impossible unless you get a scan converter that'll convert 480p to 240p. All hail the Wii

Doing step 4 of plailect's guide. I don't update Emunand because it takes me to 11.0 and I can't downgrade, right?

Currently at 10.7

Fix your dbs

Use the latest version of FBI

yooooo twitter.com/Aksys_Danny/status/746750201579208704

>Questioning the guide
Emunand is running CFW, so you can do whatever you want to it.

>special pirate game

I want to pirate it to see what it's about.

also, what's the fuss about ZTD again? Isn't it just some visual novel?

>he put the free games pastebin back in the OP
I love you user, hopefully less people will be asking retarded questions now.

It's the last game in a visual novel with an awesome story. Play 999 and Virtue's Last Reward if you want to see what the hype is about.

>NASA
restore from backup and redo the entire cfw, your system is tainted.

inb4 12hs maintenance was to fuck with the ZTD WHEN posters and now everyone that pirated it is screwed, lmao

>also, what's the fuss about ZTD again? Isn't it just some visual novel?
it's the third (and final) game of the Zero Escape series, which are pretty good VN's as well as being among the best games of the DS/3DS.

it's the third and final game in a series that got axed after the second game thanks to japan having absolute shit taste. it was only thanks to a huge push by western fans that it managed to get a release.
first game ended with a few open ends but mostly rounded up things, second had some huge cliffhangers.
If you're up for a visual novel with some neat puzzles give 999 and VLR a shot. avoid spoilers like the plague and don't look at a guide. get all the endings before moving on.

QUICKLY, THERE ARE CHINKS UN SUITS KNOCKING AT MY DOOR, WHAT DO

play some Wii tennis with them

find the chink in their armor

Eh, I'll try VLR. Do I need to play 999 to understand it? I don't have an R4 to play it and fuck emulators.

Can you transfer a system after jail breaking? I just got a New 3DS which surprisingly has 9.6.0-24E. I don't want to transfer my system, then attempt to jailbreak in the event that I somehow brick it. So can I transfer my old system after jailbreaking? If not I have no problem leaving it on the old one since it's still usable.

you don't need 999 to play VLR, it gives VLR more flavor though

>Do I need to play 999 to understand it
Take the word "Yes" and repeat it 1000 time in a row.
That's your answer.

>pushed a button
>all the 3DS' with pirated copies start beeping
HIT THE FUCKING DECK BROS

not really, the important references are explained within the game, but you'll probably enjoy it more, and I recommend it very much

Blow me.

Okey doke.

YOU'RE GONNA BE IN A WII COMMERCIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I had homebrew for the longest time. Do you think I could just send in my o3ds for repair and take out the SD card? The charger port is a bit wonk

Holy molly macaroni, elaborated ruse is elaborated.

They'll update you to the newest firmware if you send it in

Yes you do. Emulators will do fine just play the damn game

>ZTD leaks
>/hbg/ dies

I think I'm on 5.0.1 Wii U firmware. I guess Loadiine doesn't support that one, so I can update with a disc or all the way to 5.5.1 and run it? Should I bother with the disc to 5.3.2 or just go 5.5.1?

>not 77KB
>not a post ending in 7

>i can boot menuhax in 9.2 sysnand

Why? I thought it didn't run. I just change the boot files and it works. And I've been running Browserhax for sysnand stuff for so long.

>hans on 9.2 with the journal thing

this is so fucking creepy

I'm trying to use Luma, but when I do it just boots back to the homebrew menu. Help please. Do I just keep rebooting until it goes into emunand?

Actually, you can still buy the game directly from Aksys:
store.aksysgames.com/products/nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors

>github with no releases
why

to share source code. compile it yourself if you need it in its current form