/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 25th:
1530 – At the Diet of Augsburg the Augsburg Confession is presented to the Holy Roman Emperor by the Lutheran princes and Electors of Germany.
1876 – Battle of the Little Bighorn and the death of Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer.
1940 – World War II: France officially surrenders to Germany at 01:35.
1943 – The Holocaust: Jews in the Częstochowa Ghetto in Poland stage an uprising against the Nazis.
1947 – The Diary of a Young Girl (better known as The Diary of Anne Frank) is published.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707136443
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

every time

Nicky

reminder to shitpost and meme on leftypol raiders

Posted in last thread right before it died, anyone up for a game of Advanced Tactics Gold?

>6 posts but 5 IPs

really makes me think...

He did it again, the absolute madman

OP = r&i

>1 minute late
Step up your game lad

reminder to become fascist and cleanse all the non-accepted pops and ideologies

ahhhhhhhhh my willy feels so good

mosley would be proud

>know the R&I autist always makes threads early to get first post early
>always forget to check the catolougue to steal away his first post

I don't care about beating R&I autist, but if it happens I won't complain. Besides, he's taken to making the post before he links the thread.

I want /cuckpol/ OUT

Reposting from dead thread. Where is the modifier folder in HoI4? It isn't in the commons file like it should be.

By god Italy blobbing is unaesthetic.

R8 my Yurop

what the fug is this?

Can a lad post this shit here?

If you bought the game you wouldn't need to beg.

Already done, lad

its going gross lads

Is my scanner being too sensitive or is the update folder for HOI IV in the mega pack infected?

I genuinely became giddy after reading that twitter post.

dat speed

based HPM

>unironically downloading HOI4

We planted a russian boot virus for retards like you.

>unironically HPM
lad........

You're not making any sense, retard.

Try to think through really hard what you've wanted to say and try again.

>unironicaly willy
lad..........

If I want to wage holy war against infidels do I play CK2 or EU4?

It's not bad if you know when to quit.

Stellaris

Victoria 2

Who owns that bottom part of Dalmatia? Croatia?

>Souuth Tirol and Istria
Out. OUT. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>shitposting
>not pooposting
helllo reddito!

hello friends, is hoi4 shit/good?

yes

Alright, can we put the memes aside for a moment and all agree that, for what it set out to do, HoI4 is a success? It gave us a WWII grandstrat free from all the archaic bullshit of Darkest Hour, and also much easier to get into then HoI3. Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy wasting an hour to fix their OoB every time they start a game of HoI3? Not to mention that, rather than needing to tediously micromanage industry like in other HoI games, HoI4's industry is both streamlined as well as more intuitive than the previous games. Yeah, it's true that HoI4 leads to more "ahistorical" scenarios, but isn't that the point? Why even bother playing the game if the outcome is predetermined form the start? Moreover, from a pure gameplay perspective, giving the player more options, whether they be historical or ahistorical, is a total success. Sure, Mosley ruling Britain never could have happened in reality, but it's fun to have the ability to easily do so in video game form.

Overall, I feel that HoI4 is getting a lot of undeserved hate simply because it isn't a total copy of HoI3 with slightly better graphics. Of COURSE the game is different - HoI3 already exists, there would be no point to making the same game again! HoI4 may be different, but that's by design, not by some unforeseen flaw, and it should be celebrated for the changes it made, not hated on.

It's great. Buy it

>1.77 MB .png

Stellaris worth buying? Bored of Distant Worlds

Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
Is it any good? I have never played any Koei grand strategy game so I have no idea what to expect from it.

I already conquered infidels in Vicky2, I need something else

no

Dalmatia is my puppet. Interestingly enough, the Baltic Provinces on that map is a Swedish satellite that got formed when they sphered Russia as a GP.

>Nobunaga
I always think of an African Kang when I hear this name

CK2 as a sunni

It's the best game I've ever played, please buy.

>is himself a cuck
get out chinese faggot

pls buy

"いいえ"

A great strategy game.

>UK leaves EU yesterday
>decide to give HoI4 a spin on a whim, feeling patriotic
>play UK obviously
>non-historical mode eh? interesting
>empower fascism for the UK
>mfw I see the flag change and the new leader

AFFAIRS OF MEN STATUS: SANE

>UK leaves EU yesterday

t. retard

>UK leaves EU yesterday
>impying the eternal anglo won't cucked out of this little triumph

Well it's the beginning of the leaving process, we have officially chosen to leave. You get the point fagit.

Two years is a long time, lots of things can happen in the meantime.

You're not going anywhere du verdammte Britische Schweinehund

How is EU4? Should I buy it or stick with HoI3?

Few questions as I'm pretty new to these games.

Is it possible to play Victoria 2 without doing combat at all? I've been watching some playthroughs to learn how to play but it seems all of them go pretty much straight to combat and I'm not sure early on at least how interesting the game would be if you don't fight.

Also what's the craziest thing you've seen happen or done yourself in any of these games?

Are there any good grand strategy games not made by Paradox too? I see a lot of complaining about them due to their DLC amounts and other things but it seems they're pretty much the only devs making these kinds of games.

yes it's great pls buy

Yeah, I mean so far Cameron has already declared he's resigning and the next best candidate is Boris, a proud Leave voter. Kek yeah nah we out nigga peace.

>the next best candidate is Boris
You serious? Based BoJo as PM?

I think you misunderstood.

You're not going anywhere.

Play as switzerland, and you wont need to enter combat
You could try as belgium or sweden, with good diplomacy you can remain neutral
Neutral games are fun but tough sometimes
things are easier to get with the gun if you know what i mean, and the only other possible way is to prestige spam and sphere as much nations as possible

Almost certainly now. His speeches and statements since "The Great Debate" are starting to sound more and more like an attempt to gather support for himself becoming PM. He is "shaping up" so to speak, preparing himself in the public eye to go into the PM position.

It's all but confirmed already.

Fuckin hell Hans why are you so clingy, we can still talk but it's over between us in that way you know? Let it go.

I'LL FUCKING SINK YOUR PUTRID LITTLE ISLAND YOU CROOKED TEETH INBRED FUCK

How you want your Africa senpai?

kk no hard feelings it's w/e lol

czechoslovakian

>implying africa can have proper borders
lads......

Unfortunately we're stuck with a walking meme as our next prime minister.

Gove would be infinitely better but he's less popular because he doesn't rugby tackle polio victims like Boris

This isn't over.

DIE SCHLAGE

Genocide when

shit
anyone who says otherwise is trying to meme

soon

I've been plotting to kill Sancho for forever and the plot power is 120%, how do I actually kill him?

You just wait and hope for an event.
Unfortunately even with above 100% plot power it can take ages.

I bought CK2 on Steam last night but the amount of DLC is insane. Can anyone tell me how to pirate all that shit?

Rate my Europe.

And what should I do for the remaining 20 years ?

/radicalpol/ when

Dismantle Yugoslavia, Spain, Britain, Romania, Belgium and Italy.

Get Libya and get Catalonia/free them from Spain.

Why isn't your border on the left bank of the Rhine? If the green land is your pupper just changeowner it

does no one read OP? the archive

Just buy it.

Shit, I'm a faggot. Thanks though.

Is there a way to change the templates of units en masse or do I seriously have to click each individual unit to open the template window, select the new template, and hit OK? Surely there must be a better way.

Where do I have to unzip this shit to?

wew

Green Rhineland is my puppet. Belgium, and Netherland my spherelings. I don't want to go full Napoleon on the north. Rhineland is definitively german-speaking, I prefer them as puppet. I might try to arrange their border though, it's a bit silly.

I might do that. I had Spain in my sphere the whole game but Italy just took them while I was fighting a world war. This might be the opportunity I was waiting for. Catalonia will either be mine or a puppet, I'll see.

Yugo is my pal, I made him. I'll definitely dismantle Italy though, they pissed me off the entiere game on the sphering game when I helped them form and get their land from Austria.

to the main CK2 directory

Puppet Catalonia. Annexing them is retarded if you aren't going full Rhine on the north at the same time.