github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x
monogame.net/
youtu.be/DY6yVnyquxg?t=537
store.steampowered.com/app/428550
youtube.com/watch?v=gyfKdI6zi9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for waifus

the fuck is xenko

3rd for doing your own bug fixing instead of making aggy daggy do it.

this dude is right
That function is pretty much worthless.

good

ALLEGRO 5

>more engines
Appreciate it user.
Nominating
springrts.com/
urho3d.github.io/
github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x
and
monogame.net/
^this one especially. It should be there above LÖVE and haxe certainly

nth for creating a custom engine

tfw no qtlizardgrillwiththickthigh game

Do you have skype or steam to chat? l may be able to help you

It's not worthless, my game would be fucked in fullscreen without calling it.

It just messes up the mouse coordinates.

If an engine isn't made with assembly it shouldn't be in the OP.

Don't know what to work on next desu lads.

Just like rescale them

>If an engine isn't made with assembly it shouldn't be in the OP.
With assembly _in it_ or entirely written in assembly?
You sound like a nodev-kid who just wants to sound extreme and ends up sounding very sane.

To add a feeling of growth and achievement, I made the walls turn bronze, silver and gold once they reach certain heights.

A bit of info about the jihad plane in the next post.

If you want to allow different screen sizes.
You should manually do the adjusting, instead of letting a lib that you dont understand do the scaling for you.

Did you try this. If that is not the answer, its probalby on the right track. So try fixing your own problem.
Output the click the game thinks you do.
And output the click you want.
Then find the relation.
Thats called bug fixing.

Java

no

"fuck you"

Yes ;_;

If the wolf guy from the last thread is still around, I found the posture a bit awkward and tried to fix it.

Im no artist so it might still be a bit fucked.

>not making your own language
I've decided against linear types but I will use regions.

Have a way of accessing screen width/height and during your input function you divide the mouse coordinates by that number.
You do have a single input function which translates the platform input into whatever you want for your game right?

>Java

how do we fix idea guys?

The jihad planes spawn far away, in line with the sun's location. They come faster and faster towards their destination (a random spot of land or a random brick segment) and will explode once it reaches it destroying about 3 layers of walls no matter their height, forcing the player to not concentrate their efforts throughout the whole wall and not just a part of it or else they could lose it all.

Still looking for a way to "kill" mexicans without actually killing them. The FBI van is always an option I guess but I'm not sure I'm in love with it.

I also want to add a new kind of faster mexicans and a sjw that yells "LITERALLY HITLER" from the US border and throws a molotov at the wall. If you shoot him with a brick he explodes into a fine mist.

does it have to be realistic? or is it ok to just "look" realistic?
what are you changing orbit of? spaceship or planet?

Give them a place to write down their thoughts.

Continued..

this isn't what i had in mind

it just has to look right, really, exactness isn't so important, but even with that relaxed constraint I can't think of how to do it properly

this is what I have so far

Is the Mexico sticker supposed to be like Made In Mexico?

>Game Over
thank god, my eyes

yea it's pretty fucked

Progress! I spent my aftetrnoon optimizing the terrain generation and it's way faster now. It's still pretty empty, though.

Does this look neat or just frustrating?

Is there a bare-bones/lightweight engine/framework worth using for 3d? I don't want a million features that I won't end up using, any too much bloat, etc. but I also am not insane enough to think I'll make my own engine any time soon.

How do you save your terrain, is it a height map?

i want to try vim but can't be fucked modding it for 10 hours.
I wish there was a pre-config'd c++ version.

What key aspects need to be hit when telling a fictional story about fraudulent game key resellers?

both honestly

>in the middle of a desert
>the plants are in pots of soil

???

lwjgl

it looks great but it's going to play out extremely frustrating due to >mouse

drawing runes to spellcast rarely wokrs.
That one DS game was pretty fun though.

How are you doing that?
IMO drawing with the mouse sucks

You don't want to try vim.

The Eragon DS game was worlds better than the shit movie and the ripoff books.

>Java

It's a set in the right direction atleast. I can probably look for similar things, being that it sounds like what I'm looking for.

Frustrating
youtu.be/DY6yVnyquxg?t=537

Thanks for the feedback. Drawing with the mouse really does suck. Might revisit this idea when I get a vive.

>You don't want to try vim.
Why not?
feeling the IDE fatigue.

Some parts of the terrain will be procedural, so only the world seed will be saved, and chunks modified by the player (they will contain a 255*255 heightmap, I guess I can can compress that to a lossless format).

Imagine the sand texture to be a more advanced terrain shader, and the cactus pot to be various trees. It's the skeleton for now.

Oh i thought you were just trying to be charming with potted plants outdoors, im a bit let down. good luck with trees then.

anonymous are you here?

store.steampowered.com/app/428550

is this agdg/?

Thank you for that user.

I've applied some of the things, does it look better now? It's a gif with after and before to compare.

I've also been trying to make it look down like another user suggested but not having any luck with that looking good yet.

Are you intentionally ignoring the last byte of your heightmap? (256*256)
Since you only save the seed, will player changes be forgotten once they walk away?

nice vintage aggy
here's mine

I need a writer for demo day

I've been trying to come up with more unique game ideas. Would you play a game that looks like this?

also webmcam a shit

Do you need puns?

I can do puns

>Would you play a game that looks like this?
only if it's fun

Looking much better already

That's vintage now? Shit, mate...

It's from the time we had a dropbox

what's your game fampai

I'm hurting for you, this must have took a while to implement

fair point. I wonder if trails should be particle effects too or just a standard sprite effect

Yeah we used to have a really good dropbox and wiki. Both have since re-started and failed again multiple times I think.

another from around that time (2013?)

Its the hacking game, I need a short storyline to corral my dev into something cohesive

do you have anymore? I'm collecting.

I thought it was funny as a placeholder.

I'm ignoring the last byte because of some limitations with the mesh.
The player changes will be saved, but a chunk will be saved only if a change has been applied.Otherwise it will be procedural.

hmm hold on I think I have an idea

Not so much wallpapers, but shittons of other random /agdg/ files. But I don't want to shit up the thread too much.

the thread will be fine mate. we have shitposters for that.

Can you like apply a shader on absolutely every 3d object in Unity? Cause I can't seem to find a way to do so other than creating and applying a material with shaders to every separate object.

Has anyone here tried using the Visual Studio Code integration stuff with Unity?

I saw that there was a way to do it and I'm just curious if there's any major downsides to using it over Monodevelop or regular Visual Studio.

o. true

oh shit I remember that

you don't get the debugger and code can't into intellisense

I told you dog. I warned you the pixels would come back to haunt us.

youtube.com/watch?v=gyfKdI6zi9M
man I miss the dropbox

anyone looking to join an aspiring team ?

>if yes please put your interested field in the reply?

lol'd

I use it, no downside I can think of compare to regular VS. Maybe once a day it'll freeze when hooking into the unity process but debugging without it? come on.

OH SHIT you actually made a lot of progress.

Wasn't it like 2 days ago you were coming up with the idea?

It would be nice if you could make it quicker to cast... and fluid like I dont wanna open a book to do it.

I wanna jump around while casting it.

>ray sipe
no way
does anyone have the link to that TIME TO USE GAMEMAKER video?

what's an aspiring team?

a team of nodevs

Please keep working on this.

The idea is amazing.

Ideas guy

Maybe make it more tolerant. Your drawing was average for someone using a mouse.

That cake was tasty

>team
What does it mean? Does it mean what it supposed to? That there are more than one people? Or is it only you and you want to create a team now? It doesn't really matter, since my answer to both of those questions is another question: how organized are you? Do you have a Game Design Document? Not a sketch about the setting or some gun, but about actual analysis of the mechanics of the game? Or you don't have any ideas yet?

actually its a team of 2 people at the moment.
I am doing main system programming
We have a hard 3D modeller.

>looking for soft modeller / animator and Level Designer. Another Programmer would not hurt.

Aspiring just means we are directing our hopes and ambitions towards getting the team off the ground, We are a small team forming itself right now we are nearing alpha for our first game.