/xwg/ - Microsoft Xbox/Windows 10 General

This general is for the discussion of all Xbox consoles (past, present, and future), their games, as well as games available on the windows 10 store.

/×wg/ #1 - A Tale of Two Platforms Edition

>In the News
Microsoft Unveils Xbox One S: xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-s
Project Scorpio to be Most Powerful Console Ever: xbox.com/en-US/project-scorpio
Xbox One games will perform better on Xbox One S: mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-s-will-able-run-games-better-xbox-one/

>Details on the 'Play Anywhere Program'
mspoweruser.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-play-anywhere-program/
First games include Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, ReCore, Sea of Thieves, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, Killer Instinct Season 3, State of Decay 2, Ark: Survival Evolved, Cuphead, We Happy Few, Crackdown 3

>Spotlight: Gears of War 4
Game to be best one of the best looking games on 8th gen hardware. Will have crossplay between Xbox and Windows 10 in all modes except competitive multiplayer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st ever for Windows 10 is fucking cancer and you'd be better off spending money on 5 scorpios before you infect your PC with that shit

We're off to a great start

>Gears 4 Will have crossplay between Xbox and Windows 10 in all modes except competitive multiplayer.
So basically W10 version confirmed dead in less than a month. K.
Xbox Version it is then.

She's wearing makeup, but yeah, most 26 year olds look infinitely worse

How much more powerful is the Scorpio than the Neo?

>How much more powerful is the Scorpio than the Neo?

Much closer in power than fanboys are letting on. Most games will probably look virtually identical. Games that actually push for 4k will probably have steadier frame rates on the Neo, even.

Fuck off Rath.

Get out of this this thread, Rath

I played Rocket League on my friend's PS4 last weekend and liked it but I only have an xbone.

How does the Xbone version hold up in comparison?

It's literally the same game retard.

When's Phantom Dust?

>It's literally the same game retard.
Objectively false

>When's Phantom Dust?
Rumor has it were getting news at Gamescom

I own both consoles and yes, Rocket League is exactly the same on both. No visual or gameplay difference. I prefer the Xbone version for the controller.

>Xbox Version it is then.

If you buy it digitally, Play Anywhere means you don't have to choose one or the other.

I might play through the campaign on PC but stick with Xbone for MP.

>tfw installing windows 10 nearly bricked my PC

Welp guess no xbox games on my PC then

>install windows 10 on my gaming pc
>the version is somehow different from my laptop
>the pc version has no windows media player
>MGSV and Dragon's Dogma don't work because of that

are you retarded?

>digitally
It's tempting... but that goes against everything I believe.

>Rocket LEAGUE is exactly the same on both consoles.
Pic related.

Where is the big new Xbox franchise this generation?

Xbox introduced Halo.
360 introduced Gears of War.
X1 has nothing new, just more Halo and Gears.

>new general on front page
Damn. Didn't realize people here actually played Xbox.

I already have a bone.

Should I get the S?

>do you use kinect?
>are you holding off on Scorpio?
Get the S.

>Do you not use kinect?
>Do you plan on getting Scorpio?
Ignore the S. Just wait for Scorpio.

Yes, the S will run some games better. It's not worth the upgrade still if you're getting Scorpio anyway.

Fair enough though I believe the PS4 version has its own exclusive PS franchise cars too.

I've yet to unlock the Hog or Armadillo and never see anyone else using them, for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure they're mid Tier cars anyway

What games are you guys playing?

Dark souls 3

>you can't say anything to anyone on xbox one without receiving a ban
what the hell happend

why do you have a general for w10, jesus fuck

The only real benefit the S offers over the existing bone is 4k video output.

If you want more HDD space, just get a cheap USB drive.

No, it won't run games better as says, the slight extra power is only meant to allow for HDR if you have a TV that supports it. Games will still target the same resolutions and framerates.

If you're doing an Xbox general, might as well include Win10 since MS is pushing them as the same platform.

I want to play gears 4 on my windows 7 desktop and absolutely hate windows 10 and everything it stands for. Anyone know if it will be possible to make these windows 10 games work for windows 7?

Maybe emulate windows 10 store and play games normally assuming they don't have stupid lines of code checking that our computersare windows 10 when running the games.

Why not dual-boot?

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Reeee

What did he mean by this?

Nice reading comprehension

There is no convenient workaround so far

>>>/hg/

Fuck you

God Save the Queen

tbqh the Xbox/Win10 platform offers little to talk about besides Halo.

Forza and Quantum Break don't warrant much discussion, Gears could mayyyyybe get its own general but not until after Gears 4 is out.

Also, Scorpio is a long way out and there are few confirmed details.

kil this thread

Just sold my ps4

>Just sold my ps4
And?

What does /xwg/ think about brexit?

>What does /xwg/ think about brexit?
It supports it completely, but recognizes that Garage is an idiot and needs to be removed from the spotlight.

I'm a 'murrican with lots of family in the UK, and a devalued Pound means I'll be able to travel there for less, so I'm ok with it.

Did you vote brexit?

No, should have clarified that I'm US-born, no UK citizenship, so I couldn't/didn't vote either way.

I voted remain

Heeeeyaaa boi

Thread has no reason to exist

That's where you're wrong

Not an argument.

maybe Titanfall...
but we are sharing it now.

its a lot of fun

Do you like America throwing its military around?

Would you support the EU making its own U.S.E Military to put pressure on the 3rd world and Russia?

Do you like NeoCons and NeoLiberalism?

if you say yes to all of this, we simply disagree across the board.

Microsoft supposedly Microsoft dropped the price of the xbox in the UK. With their Currency taking a Hit, does that make them super cheap?

Thoughts on recore guys? It was love at first sight for me but the 39.99 price tag has got me skeptical.

Does anyone think it's because it's low quality/short, or do you believe them when they say it's only because it's a new IP

Is it just the method of purchase that is limited? For example if I buy gears 4 on windows 10, download it, and then copy it to an external hard drive could I play the game on windows 7?

ReCore has literally the cutest girl I've ever seen