/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Thank you.

Can someone tell me how to get PJ64's audio to not stutter every 3 seconds?
Increasing buffer seemed to make it worse.

1. insert tampon in asshole

2. pray

Why are you using Azimer's 0.40 beta? That's an awful plugin. Even Jabo's should be better.

jabo's should require fewer tampons, anyway

It seemed to be the only one that would work. The wiki recommended it too. Maybe I'll just get the accuracy plugins. I tried using a newer Azimer's but that just crashes.

don't forget the maxipads

Any hints on emulating Metroid Prime for the first time? When does the shader cache get built up well enough to where the stuttering will finally cease?

Would you stop.

Why do people have audio stuttering so often but I never do?

no :^D

>It seemed to be the only one that would work. The wiki recommended it too. Maybe I'll just get the accuracy plugins. I tried using a newer Azimer's but that just crashes.
The problem is that you have the HLE checkbox enabled for audio. Jabo's audio is LLE only. It's not a perfect plugin, but it's vastly superior to azimer's.

Spotted the iGPU user

Until you've seen the entire game it won't stop. Switch to Ishiiruka for asynch. I wish it had some default shader that it used instead of invisibility while things load though. I'll take ugly unlit models over nothing.

you use a superior brand of period rag. you also pray to gary busey in stead of jeebus or that faggot allah, so that helps

>buffer
>tampons
I chuckled.

Alright. Until now I've been using Mupen64 through retroarch which seemed a lot easier but I'm hoping this will be more compatible with all them games.

Are the devs making any attempt to fix this?

Why does there even need to be a person inside those anymore, drag racing is fucking automatable.

>filename
>not AMD vs Nvidia

Then who gets the glory of victory if no human is in there?

AMD isn't that slow and they still have audio stutters

Ubershaders and multi-threaded generation.

The team that put together and maintain it? They are the ones doing everything that matters to drag racing.

Explain, please.

B-but muh classic Nvidia housefire and AMD no drivers.

>Star Ocean 2 PSP
>OpenGL causes crashes
>Direct3D prevents speed toggle

Guess I'm playing the PS1 version then.

Yup. PJ64 is more compatible. It also has better performance too. GOod news is that it's going to keep improving!

>Ubershaders
Make large general purpose shaders that covers most of what games use, so there's no need to generate shaders.
>Multi-threaded generation
Shader generation stutters because it takes longer than a frame to generate, so the rest of the emulator has to wait till it's done. This would make the generation happen faster by offloading the generation to multiple threads (or cores), making stuttering happen less.

N64 emulation, truly the best!

>intentionally going out of your way to try and make N64 emulation look bad
Nice attempt :) .

Has anyone ever gotten proper dumps from Romulation? I've tried a number of them, and they're all corrupted or something. Like, they're ostensibly scene releases, and the checksums should match but they don't.

Nom I've just been trying to set up PJ64 off and on all day and I can't find a mix of plugins that works.

Then I should think it's clear what's going on.

Honestly I would just say to try out the PJ64 build at 64dd.org which has a few plugins included and see if it works too. Who knows if EmuCR fucked up.

I'm betting he ran x64 version of PJ64. Maybe zilmar should make the interpreter default for x64..

Well the main problem is that sometimes I will change nothing and then it'll crash on launching the same game.

I've got x86 now. i started with x64 and it didn't work. x86 was working at one point but now doesn't want to. Plugins are bunk.

I don't know. It could be my connection, but it's hard to believe the download would fuck up in exactly the same way twice in a row.

Well at least it didn't crash this time.

How old is your PC? I feel like you have old OpenGL.

>PCSX2 will never not be shit in your lifetime

Made it earlier this year. It's a pretty good rig. I just don't think i can get the plugins right. I tried the ones the wiki suggests but they don't seem to mesh well.
Tell me which RSP I should be using and that might fix everything.

I doubt it's old, considering it looks like win 8 or win 10.

Bad dumps. Doubt it's your connection, unless you live in a shithole.

Really, "scene releases" are last-resort. No-Intro and Redump should be your two primary sources.

To be honest RSP plugins really don't matter here. It's just the graphics here. I'm wondering if you use Intel GPUs.

and this is why pj64 is still a joke compared to m64.

not having a native 64bit binary today means your project is dead and your users cant even use your program.

And how about you shut up? Not having 64bit doesn't mean shit about the quality of emulation.

Nope. Geforce 970.
Most of the time it crashes. The static interpreter which I think is Hatcat's will actually launch. I'm just using the version of glide that came with it at the moment.

It means nothing when 32bit m64p runs faster

>Tell me which RSP I should be using and that might fix everything.
Always use PJ64's RSP. No real reason to use another. Unless maybe you want to use a HLE RSP if you want HLE gfx + HLE audio.

Wait what. I guess Project64 really has a problem with Windows 8/10. Which is kind of weird.
Try some compatibility settings?

OK, now you're full of shit. Everybody has moved on from 32-bit.

EVERYBODY.

It came with 3 different ones and none of them are working.
I'm seriously tempted to say "fuck it" and just hope mupen gets better at some point. It's not like I'll actually be playing these games anyway.

Not making a difference.

Buying a real N64 is easier than dealing with N64 emulation.

I have a GTX0 and can still emulate N64 better than most people with real GPUs

I have one but I wouldn't be able to get the carts for all the games I want to play.

Sorry if I'm saying the truth lol. As far as I know we are still using 32-bit binaries of many emulators, not just Project64, so your point is really moot.

Oh, RSP != RDP.
RSP is more like something that does both graphics and audio. Graphics = RDP.

It's weird though because Glide64 for PJ64 is the one that's the most compatible. I don't know why this happens, you're a special case. Maybe the drivers are fucked up or something, I don't know.

Flashcart

With the advent of the internet and the relatively small size of the N64 library, I doubt that.

Everdrive-64

Hell, that too. As far as I know the Everdrive 3.0 now comes with 100% compatibility bog standard.

>It came with 3 different ones and none of them are working.
>I'm seriously tempted to say "fuck it" and just hope mupen gets better at some point. It's not like I'll actually be playing these games anyway.
Well, if mupen already plays the games you care about, at a satisfactory level,, then you're fine to use that. Your problem appears to be unique. Did you try getting a build from the site luigi suggested?

Wouldn't 64 bit help N64 a little for more accurate renderers by giving some speed ups?

We're good now. I managed to get hatcat working. Should all be good as long as I never touch the settings again.
Does the "Increase emulation speed" actually work? Is it like turbo in other emulators?

>Sorry if I'm saying the truth lol. As far as I know we are still using 32-bit binaries of many emulators, not just Project64, so your point is really moot.

Name 3 that aren't already on life support.

Kinda wanna try harvest moon which is fucked in mupen.

>Wouldn't 64 bit help N64 a little for more accurate renderers by giving some speed ups?
64bit would help with performance

>tfw we're emulating a 64 bit system with 32 bit binaries

Yep. Functionally retarded. To the max.

How do I make the red flash when I get hurt in OoT appear with Glide64?

I don't know if the RDP really uses 64-bit?
I know the CPU is 64-bit but then not much games are really using it... I'm not really good at N64 so I cannot say this much.

ePSXe, SSF, Project64 lol
Those aren't really on life support.

Well games doesn't use the 64-bit that much so it's not a big deal.

That looks rad as hell. I wish I could be bothered to install Windows 10.

We get that N64 emulation isn't great, but we don't need hyperbolic examples of you fucking with it.
Worse than "when" posters.

>Well games doesn't use the 64-bit that much so it's not a big deal.
So 64 bit was basically a marketing gimmick?

Okay nevermind about SSF, thought it was still kinda alive. But anyway try to tell people are not using Nestopia or FCE Ultra to emulate NES games. Those are still 32-bit, or how people are using 32-bit bins of PCSX2 on the stable releases. (I'm not sure if it has a 64-bit binary.)

ePSXe and Project64 are both defunct. SSF I will give you.

It was truly 64-bit but games are still programmed like it's 32-bit because they don't need much more precision than that. Maybe some are really using the 64-bit capabilities but then it might be nothing to emulate even on a 32-bit CPU.

>(I'm not sure if it has a 64-bit binary.)
It doesn't. That's part of why it's a failure.

Dude you just lost your credibility (it's not like you had any though).
ePSXe has a new release like yesterday and Project64's development is still active, so lol

I still maintain that 64-bit is not always needed and that you are dumb.

Yes.

They all act as if it were a 32-bit machine due to retarded databus width issues typical of Nintedo decision-making at the time.

He lost his credibility as soon as he praised mupen for having x64. The x64 dynarec is slower.

No, ePSXe is not active. ePSXe is _milked_. Not the same thing.

Project64 has been dead for years, and until someone can show me more than just random fucking about with the codebase (to little real effect), I still consider it discontinued.

>Everyone I talk to is the same person.

I don't know why Gaben bothered to port HL to Dreamcast, but I assume it will be lost and not preserved as all Dreamcast games

Umm, there's like an ISO available of this port. It's preserved.

Not preserved if the emulator to play it is shit ;)

>Project64 has been dead for years, and until someone can show me more than just random fucking about with the codebase (to little real effect), I still consider it discontinued.
So what N64 emulator isn't dead then?

No, in this instance, Luigiblood is right: provided all the relevant data is there in those disc images, they're preserved. Whether they can be read flawlessly is irrelevant.

As far as I can tell, none of them. No one with the expertise necessary is willing to do shit, people willing to do shit don't have the expertise, and it's all moot anyway because there is no consumer hardware powerful enough to run any particularly accurate resulting emulator.

Blame stagnating CPU power and lack of easy multi-threading solutions. All those extra cores don't mean dick-diddle-shit if emulation is only feasible single-core due to timing issues.

What game are you having trouble run at full speed?

I hope you hold other systems to high standards as well.

I always hold emulators to high standards. It's why until mednafen-PSX I refused to touch 3D emulation with a 10-foot pole.

>It's why until mednafen-PSX I refused to touch 3D emulation with a 10-foot pole.
Angrylion has less known bugs than mednafen.. The N64 is probably more resource intensive than PS1 which would explain why mednafen can get away with being sub-optimal.

Hunched, bespectacled old panda looks unimpressed by Christmas lights

Are you kidding? If you can't play it it's as good as lost

Nah. The game is information. Information that is accurately recorded is by definition not lost. Your ability to read that information does not affect that.

Angrylion is only part of an N64 emulator. mednafen-PSX is an entire PSX emulator.

The hardware was designed by SGI though.

>They all act as if it were a 32-bit machine
Some games use 64bit instructions..

PJ64 has speed unlocking, this is good. Unfortunately I can't seem to return the speed to normal once I've unlocked it.

What about any human's ability?