/twg/ - Total War General

stabbed edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

FIRST FOR BEST GENERAL

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

Brexit shitposting when?

So how bout that Battlefield 1? Lookin pretty good eh? I really like that they're showing how diverse everything was back then. It's very progressive which is what gamers today need.

Battlefield 1 shitposting when

>Get grimgor down to 1 settlement making 200 a turn
>He can still afford multiple stacks with no attrition
This is almost as bad as the top knotz running around a 4 unit army just out of reach resettling everything
Trying to raze the badlands was a mistake

Well, fuck.

Sounds pretty accurate according to lore too.

I'm not sold until they show some of the brave female regiments that fought in WWI.

Actually I'm curious, what is it about Battlefield 1 that makes people in this general want to argue about it so much? Is it just the historyfags getting their autism aroused?

maybe it's just the faggots using obvious baits

hey man, battlefield 1 shitposting happens in /4xg/, /gsg/, /d2g/, and even fucking /dsg/

Christ this general is boring. Start posting battle shots or something

Well it's your lucky day, because those boys want traps, not women.

So is the entire point of the Chaos campaign to see how frustrated and bored you can get before you quit and play something else?

I swear the AI is fucking passive as shit, they won't bother attacking you even if it's a 50/50 strength. They'll wait until they outnumber you 10-1 before attacking, or they'll sit in their capitols while you burn everything to the ground, and good luck taking out heavily garrisoned cities, you can't siege them with more than one stack because LOL INFIGHTING :^).

I don't think once I was attacked unless it was two or more stacks. Then you'll move on and some fucking faggot has moved in and reclaimed everything you just torched to the ground.

And holy fuck agent spam is ridiculous. I think the point I quit at was because I had fifteen agents harassing Archaon every turn.

Chaos needs a buff to how far they move in ruined territory, and in corrupted lands. These cocksuckers would just camp at the end of my movement range all the time.

Asking again: If I have several wizards/witch hunters with the +15% money skill in the same province does the effect stack?

It does not stack. Same with Public Order bonuses from Agents and other similar effects.

>it's another shitter complaining about how bad they are

1. git gud
2. git gud
3. oh wow the enemy isn't running in to their deaths 3.5. who fucking cares
4. try playing the game rather than idling in the corner of the map for 200 turns waiting for the ai to mass agents
5. pls buff the easiest, fastest campaign so it get's even more casual

It's pretty hard to declare war on a people that is long gone, game.

>I sit tight at the start of the game, waiting for an opportunity
>The Geats declare war on the Danes
>move literally all their units, land and sea, to try to take Hafn in a naval assault
>they fail to take it immediately
>I see my opportunity
>gallivant my army over the narrow sea and encircle their city in one turn
>hire some merc onagers
>assault immediately and BTFO the tiny garrison
>The Geats turn into a horde while all their units are still at sea
>they now have neither food nor income
>they suffer massive attrition and the Danes easily mop them up
That was pretty neat.

send help

>A severity of 116
Oh shit user, what are you doing?

That's definitely going in the book

SETTLE

>116
If this was dwarf fortress, every single hold in the Old World would be balls deep in a tantrum spiral.

SUMMON

> Ally with Top Knots because they look strong and I want to exterminate the Dwarfs and Greenskins
> Raze all of Zhufbar (Dwarf controlled), Karak Kadrin, and all of both the provinces neighboring Akendorf
> Mash One-finger staggers drunkenly around his territories with one army
> the Greenskins chew on his ass while the Dwarfs chew on theirs
> By the time I kill Chaos my allies will be dead and I'll have to do everything myself again.

I ABHOR THIS NOTION

DA

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

DEBTOR'S PRISON

ELECTRO

>when you build so many towers you don't have enough infantry to man them

MOUNTS

Disturbing lack of Quarrellers in that army my friend

gotta make sure all those chosen and chaos warriors don't blemish the finish on my wall

forgot this

>THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

Why does hearing this make me quiver in fear?
Is it because of his manly strong voice?

>dogs aren't the absolute menace they were in Rome 2

Why. They were niche but powerful in Rome 2, give them a flank and they would just rip and tear. In Attila they feel super lackluster against anything that's not archers, even in a flank.

you're a little bitch

I just killed a Queen Ant in my apartment and I feel horrible for it.

It's like I crushed thousands of ants.

Now that's what I call cost efficiency

Think I'll try a Dwarf or Vampire Count campaign next. What's the bread and butter of either faction? I know for Dwarves it's Quarrellers and Ironbreakers, but what are my armies gonna be made up of before then? What Artillery is good?

What about VC?

And what are your early game conquests as either faction? I heard for VC heading into Border Prince, Tilea/Estalia is good early game. What about Dwarves?

I think the worst part of the game is the lack of alternate starting locations. When do they plan to add new factions like Brettonia, Kislev, and maybe even a Dogs of War one for the Southern Realms?

RIP AND TEAR
Really though, I expect the rear line of a sword infantry formation to be able to deal with dogs just fine.

>Heroic Victory

Before Ironbreakers its just standard xes + Quarrellers, they'll get you through over half the campaign honestly, if you play the fights defensively against Vampire Counts' larger units. Focusing things down with half stacks of Quarrellers is beyond over powered.

Well at least I bought a few turns to get my armies up north to settlements that actually matter

Dwarfs, a fuck ton of quarrelers, some dwarf warriors and a couple grudge throwers in the early game.
A fuck ton of quarrelers, some longbeards and a couple grudge throwers in the midgame.
A fuck ton of quarrelers, some iron breakers and a couple grudge throwers in the late game.

VC it depends. Abuse your heros early game, with vampires ability "the thirst" turning them into killing machines. Kemmler, throw stacks of zombies at everything, knowing that they'll die so you can weaken the enemies, and build up corpse counts so you can raise up hordes of graveguards and terrorgeists. Mannfred you might want to be a bit more refined, and use building chains to access army-construction and have higher-end armies instead of 10 stacks of zombies. Graveguards rip up infantry, and their big monsters like terrorgheists and varghulfs can be turned into sustained killing machines with proper lord/hero support. Vanguard dogs can tie up enemy ranged so the range advantage isn't as big of a deal. Fellbats can do the same, and varghulfs can actually kill the enemy ranged rather than just tie them up.

>2006 was a decade ago

Whither my youth? ;___;

Beastmen when?

>VC
Early game spam zombies as your anvil with skelies, wolves and crypt horrors as your hammer. Don't expect your zombies to do anything but soak hits, they truely are garbage.
Later switch to having your skelies be the anvil with GG and Black Knights being your shock troops and hammer respectively.

Be sure to build at least one corruption spreading building in every province capital and to pace yourself in your conquests. Personally I ignored the empire to let them deal with Chaos themselves while I ate the boarder princes, Estalia, Tilea and then all of Bretonia. By that point you'll have enough cash to get an army or two of pure Grave Guard with monster and lancer support.

Gamey tip: after a battle with large casulties you'll be able to revive high end troops from it. Get more of those delicious casualties by sending in a support army of trash troops to literally die. Then you can replenish the troops you actually care about.

I bet he had huge guts

Probably dwarven warriors and Quarrellers. Some people swear by Grudge Throwers but I find them to be pretty trash if you don't want to sit there and aim them yourself, I like cannons.

For VC most of your armies will just be full stacks of zombies because they're quite possibly the most cost effective units in the game once upgraded. For your actual shit-slapping stacks the bulk will be made up of Grave Guards with bats and Vargheists for arty/ranged/skirmishing shits, Vargulfs/Black Knights for cavalry, and maybe a couple Terrorgheists. Really play around with unit composition, VC has very few outright bad units outside of skeles and ghouls.

Also remember that VC is stronk as fuck on their home turf, you'll most likely win any defensive wars where the enemy has to march through a couple provinces of 100% corruption to even get to you.

What was she even doing in a place where you could reach her? You cleaned their gene pool. Thinking about it, it would have been better to let her live and spawn a new generation of stupid ants.

>spam zombies

I have no idea she was hobbling around on the ceiling of my bathroom and I noticed her while I was pissing.

She fucking fell and scared the shit out of me, pissed everywhere, I was conflicted if killing it or not but I didn't risk the possibility of having a colony in my home.

Now I feel loke I'll be going to hell.

Demigryph Halberds or Knights?

It's not easy being an hero.

>he doesn't believe in his practically free zombies

Nah dog. I usually let spiders and shit live, but the bathroom is a no-go zone. You did well.

>I noticed her while I was pissing
>She fucking fell and scared the shit out of me, pissed everywhere
>pissed everywhere
Now i have this mental image of a bathroom covered in piss with a dead queen ant infront of the toilet

>hating on zombie spam
It might be scrubby as fuck but you can't deny the efficacy. Zombies-only VC is the easiest legendary campaign in the game.

WTF I CAME BACK TO CHECK UNDER THE RUG ITS FUCKING GONE

>4800 per turn
>zombies

I like your toes.

Post the rest of your foot

>being that jewish

>cant skip intro
>deployment is fucking atrocious
worst quest battle by far

You should cut that toe nail on the right foot

>Finally start getting into multiplayer
>It's actually mostly easier than singleplayer, except for Spirit Leech/Fate of Bjuna cheese

I never realized how much having to try and out-micro the computer was a pain.

I was surprised to find out that I was actually quite good at the game when I first played MP too.

Apparently it turns out most people play on medium with radious mod.

Just started today and I'm rank 1200-ish after something like 15 games.

Not amazing, but I'm surprised how quickly it shot up.

Also developed something of a counter for the cheese. Balthasar + Witch Hunter.

But even so, seeing a unit of Demigryphs get reduced to 25% HP by a single spell is fucking retarded. That shit needs to be gutted.

n-no homo

I was told not to do that because I've had problems in the past with my toe and cutting it too short there's a risk it might overgrow inside the flesh.

The problem with Balthasar is that he lacks basic shit that wizards need.

Like the power recharge spell that almost every other wizard has.

He's not bad, but he needs buffs.

>56 a turn
>You can literally field 1000 stacks of zombies with a fully developed economy

Balanced.

Is there any way to encourage characters to develop the Burgomeister/Merchant Councillor trait?

Trying to turn Marienburg into the land of infinite cash, but without that trait, the efficiency on hiring wizards and witch hunters to make money isn't that great.

>more of you
>You're dwarves
>that was a siege battle

How did you lose?

Dwarves basically never rout at the best of times. In siege battles, they have nerves like steel.

Take general, park him in Marienburg. That's literally it.

You say that, but then you shove your fucking crotch in my face you flaming fruit basket.

I can park wizards and witch hunter's in Marienburg, though.

They need to be outside the city to deploy and get the +15% bonus,

If you miss them, try them in WArhammer.

I've seen Chaos Hounds rip through front line troops.

>bought Attila at release
>didn't play
>bought at release TW Warhammer
>didn't play
>recently installed Attila on new ssd.
You know, this game is pretty good

GW chosen spam
the dwarves won't break but they melt anyways
since it was only T2 walls no ironbreakers, so eventually the 6 chaos knights got in

Realized this playing wargame, most players are very bad. The AI doesn't look so bad after you see what some come up to.

Oh well. Chaos is retarded at troop replen, so your next army should finish them off easily enough.

>Nagash faction

>You start with Arkhan the Black, who's not faction leader
>Quest Battles unlock Arkhan's gear
>Once you've beaten all of them and gotten your capital to level 5, you can build a tower in your capital
>Upon completion, you can recruit your actual faction leader, Nagash, who's by far the most powerful character in the game

Yay or nay?

I'm having a lot of fun with warhammer but Attila is still the best to me. I can only play warhammer for a few hours at a time before I go back to do some shit in Attila.

help

Nay. Nagash is dead and is a myth, just like Sigmar. He shouldn't be brought back and he shouldn't be playable. That's just Age of Sigmar bullshit.

Sounds like a great idea for a mod, not like it'll actually happen. If we can get custom voices and units from scratch it would be doable.

>nagash is dead and a myth

Except he isn't, and never has been. Even if really early editions, Nagash was coming back to life, his essence pooling in his sarcophagus in the Black Pyramid. Hell, he was even a playable character, twenty odd years ago.

The End Times bullshit was there being a need for a huge ritual with lots of rare components, when all he probably needed to speed up the process in earlier edition was a shitload of dark magic.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

never ever

Hey, what's the Rome Total War Houses of Rome power ranking

Not same user. It seems like this first "phase" of Warhams is kind of a beta in sorts. I have around 200 hrs and I have had fun but there are a lot of things needing ironing out but its a decent start and it was a competent release.

Need some more campaign mechanics and factions but hopefully more content leads to more of both. Magic is new but needs some hard shoves over soft touch ups (as I expected).

Attila is a better game simply that its finished and had its years of updates. I think Hams will be better when it gets its content and for a first patch I can't complain except for not doing Shogun 2 MP into TWW, no excuse on that.

Also I understand wanting to make walls more prominent in sieges and there are some good things about it but I would like more of the city to push into/ defend. Also burning down villages would be fun.

true romans tier:
Brutii

POWER GAP

prostitute tier:
Julii

trash tier:
Scipii

t. Sulla

I really wonder who could ever be behind this post

Is the Brutii intro the best in the game or Carthages?

I think with the feedback they've gotten and with how well Warhammer did in sales, there's a chance they'll reintroduce avatar conquest in a later expansion.
They've got the RPG mechanics already, just need the actual multiplayer part

Bellatorius victorialiiis

Are there must have mods for Age of Charlemagne ? I just got it during the sale. Played Attila a lot before but I guess the mods are different here.