/wowg/ guilds:

US:
@ Illidan (Horde)
@ Sargeras (Alliance)

UK:
N/A

/wowg/ battletag friends list:
pastebin.com/tkyh3F4C
(Rarely used or updated, use at your own risk)

General Resources:
wowhead.com
mmo-champion.com
battle.net/wow/en/game/
wow.gamepedia.com/Portal:Main
warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/index/

Anti-Shitposting Filters To Make WoW General Great Again:
pastebin.com/ARqF49Mp
pastebin.com/pUhvV9kC
pastebin.com/dqN6XhVp

WoW Token Price:
wowtoken.info

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745744692#18
i.imgur.com/BN5ANz6.png
i.imgur.com/DLeHviB.png
i.imgur.com/IsUJaAq.png
i.imgur.com/gqDHr7E.png
youtube.com/watch?v=btGI4M44xKM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_view#Humans_and_animals
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gnomes

Blizzard is literally removing our ability to zoom out our camera in Legion.
us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20745744692#18

Personally I've always felt that even the maximum zoom-out distance wasn't far enough, so this is a god damn nightmare for me.

Right now, today, you can type this command in and zoom out to the maximum.
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 3.6

This maximum in Legion will be capped at 1.9 with no way to change it.

Test it yourself.
Use the above command and zoom all the way out, then type this one in.
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 1.9
Look at how much closer it zooms you in now imagine that being FORCED. That's Legion. That's a $50 expansion to one of the largest MMOs in the year 2016.

This change could be acceptable only if they allow us to increase our FoV to compensate.

Here are some examples.

3.6 Zoom
i.imgur.com/BN5ANz6.png
1.9 Zoom (Legion)
i.imgur.com/DLeHviB.png

Now with edited FOV.
1.9 Zoom
i.imgur.com/IsUJaAq.png
3.6 Zoom
i.imgur.com/gqDHr7E.png

We really don't need to be able to zoom out so far, but what we do need is the ability to see our surroundings. The crappy fix for this is simply zooming out far enough as a means to brute force it. In Legion Blizzard is not giving us the ability to change FOV, they're simply nerfing the zoom distance. This is a bad change.

If you disagree, please raise awareness. Call Blizzard and express your concerns if you must. This is just terrible.
If you actually support this change, as is, for whatever reason, you are cancer.

I'll give you the logic behind this in TL;DR fashion.
When we all started playing, we used the default settings.
After we finally find out the best way we enjoy playing the game, we change from the default settings.
Blizzard feels this new way of playing isn't what we all fell in love with, so if they force us all back to what we saw upon launching the game for the first time, they'll make us love the game again.

Yes they pretty much ruined it.

Xth for male pandaren pvp :3

xth for paladin bubble butt

>mfw killing Mingus Diggs with .5 seconds left before execution

I want to sheathe my sword inside her.

literally.

Which nude mod is this?

honestly ive always played with close-ish zoom so it doesnt bother me however it essentially "treads" on everyone else, especially tanks and people to play a fuck tonne of rbgs

my guild is banging on about it right now. as great as the tears are (they are top 50 world or some shit), i do feel sympathetic towards them since they dedicate so much of their time raiding and forming strats (they are currently raiding frequently in beta)

Shut the fuck up retard. Their reasoning on cutting the view distance is sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=btGI4M44xKM

I want to breed her

Retard

>people are playing the way we didn't design and finding it better than the way we did design while not impacting anyone else's gameplay
>we're going to Make The Game More Fun by not letting them do this any more

don't care desu, I only unlock fully in outdoor instances anyway, any indoor instance and the camera is forced closer than default max distance. Shit change like all their interface pruning that do nothing but remove choice, but ultimately not a huge deal..

There's nothing inherently wrong with a big view distance. Do you really play mmos to zoom in on your slutmogged characters ass? Well, maybe a few degenerates do, having a sprawling landscape that you can is what makes a great mmo, makes it more beautiful and immersive. Blizzard has no good reasons for saying they were going to increase camera distance, getting people hyped up about it, then decided it's "against fantasy. This is utter shit, it's also a bad sign they're cutting things, see WoD.

So my server feels completely dead and I can't find any guilds that aren't full of idiots.

What are the good medium/high pop servers I should consider transferring to?

I've been using that command for the past 8 years, this is going to be hell for me.

Tell all of your friends.
Spread and raise awareness, get people to complain.

It's possible we can change their minds, but once it actually hits live, it'll be way harder and less likely to get touched again.

Meh i dont care much about the view distance, the maximum one in legion seems good enough.

You dont need the camera to be on the sky.

It's not about what we need. It's about wanting a feature that's been in the game for a long ass time and that there's no reason to remove it

they gave you a reason They have a reason for removing it, you have no reason other than "i dont want it to change".

Which isnt a reason.

>"Humans have an almost 180-degree forward-facing horizontal diameter of their visual field"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_view#Humans_and_animals

The field of view in World of Warcraft is like 60-90.
See the screenshots I posted with th edited FoV.

With an edited field of view, the camera doesn't need to be so far out anymore, making this change an acceptable one. But since the FOV is so narrow, it's unacceptable.

Shut up retard

"we don't want you to like that view distance more than the one we like"

is not a reason

tried using both of those console commands neither did anything

They literally said that it makes your character and the world feel smaller while offering a massive advantage in larger scale conflicts.

>wahhhhh but i play like this 4 year
fuck off and die

There is no reason for you to have the camera that high.

So they are removing the option. If you cant handle change, then leave.

There's no reason for you to be playing warlock when other DPS options exist. Why would anyone be angry if they removed warlocks?

You're a moron. You leave

>They literally said that it makes your character and the world feel smaller while offering a massive advantage in larger scale conflicts.

So they don't like the feel of it? Ok? And I happen to like the feel of it?

what you just said is literally "we don't want you to like that view distance more than the one we like"

LOOOL

There is no reason for you not to have it that high either.

>defending removing functionality for literally no reason

blizzdrones are starting to get really pathetic

>You type in the first command, then scroll out until it doesn't let you scroll out anymore.
>Then you type in the second command and try to scroll out, it locks you in further, preventing you from scrolling back out again.

Did that, the max view distance was the same with both.

You type in the first command, then scroll out until it doesn't let you scroll out anymore.

Then you type in the second command and try to scroll out, it locks you in further, preventing you from scrolling back out again.

>If you can't handle change, then leave.
Kill yourself. Literally.
Jump off a building or something. I don't care if you die a slow painful death due to broken ribs and internal bleeding but just do it somehow. Please.

This is with the camera zoomed out.
i.imgur.com/DLeHviB.png

This is with the console command.
i.imgur.com/BN5ANz6.png

This is with the camera at the same zoom level as Legion, but with a higher field of view.
i.imgur.com/IsUJaAq.png

It gives us the same visibility as being zoomed out further without being so far away. With a higher FOV this change would be totally fine. We don't all want to zoom out so far, we just want to be able to see things.

Change isn't the problem.
Horrible changes are.

Just saw the warcraft movie. Honestly I loved it. I was fine with the changes to the lore because it's an alternate continuity.

this thread is autism

dude.... the change isn't view distance, it's how far you can zoom out your own camera
view distance is still being increased.

>Momy i dont like change
this is how you look like. Blizzard has their reasons, you are simply attached to your camera view and cant handle change.

Go back to /pol/

Shut up retard

>Momy i dont like change
this is how you look like. Blizzard has their reasons, you are simply attached to your camera view and cant handle change.

Go back to /a/

shit-posting is against the rules user, watch out

>oh god i look so retarded right now
>i guess i should start pretending like that i was trolling the entire time hopefully they won't catch on!

They aren't going to change their minds you can see in Watcher's post he already recognized it as being hugely unpopular, but their rationale will not change. No point expending any more effort on this.

I want to level a druid for the first time ever

is this a good idea?

y/n

anyone else miss Jocelyn?

everyday

Just tried the PTR slowpoke.jpg and Fury is literally perfect in Legion. How do you think they're going to fuck it up before it goes live goys?

please user dont post that

I miss her so much...

By letting it go live with enrage duration reduced by haste to the point where we'll get 2sec enrages during bloodlust in the final tier.

No shitposting, just laffing at the babies who cant handle change and try to excuse their emotions as "arguments".

which class is cutest?

druids

Picking an alt has never been harder, with the advent of Transmogs I can't choose a class that looks good.
What is your favourite class to play and what is your favourite class in appearance?

Just have a level 100 of every class.

Or two level 100s of every class.

I never really played a Rogue or Hunter.
Any of those Fun ?

female troll models are top tier

i wish i could feel good about myself playing a female character though.

She's coming back ... right?

since when pizzacat got fat?

Holy shit the beta PvP is terrible.

All people do is blow every cooldown and the fight is over in 10 seconds.

3's or do you mean dueling and 2's, 3's last plenty long and any team that does that loses pretty quickly.

Rogue can be fun. Hunter is pretty face roll.

If you have played neither, roll one and level it and see how it feels. I suggest Hunter first.

>keeps eating the shit blizzard feeds you.

>blizzard deposits 5 shekels into your account

Beta testers - what is a good solo class? One that you can do PvE things like old dungeons and such?

I work as an EMT and sometimes I have time to kill and then things get really busy. So I won't be doing any group things. So I want a class that I can level up and then do a bunch of solo things.

>pays money for an MMO to play by himself

Blood DK, Druid, Monk, Paladin

demon hunter tank.

The lore/world is always fun to go through at least once

Can anyone donate to my battlenet cash fund? I am poor student and need to get off my shit server

Sure. Post timestamped feet or dick and I will send you money.

can i wear socks? my feet are sweaty because its hot as dicks here

Hey guys I'm about to make a dating profile what do you think of my name so far?

>hit level 90
>2 hours of railroaded roleplaying quests
>mandatory to get ilvl for dungeons, garrisons, and access the main city

who tf thought this was fun lmao who even fucking quests when you can just queue dungeons and pvp for exp

I hope you find a qt trap that also plays WoW

Anything with self healing g.

Is the NA Horde guild actually worth joining if i want to raid in Legion?

its fucking dead lad

what about the ally one?

What do you think they'll say about this? I'm sure mummy and daddy would be shocked to hear about the type of shit I say because I think I'm so funny!

should i spend 200k on the m bh mount?
or save it for something better in legion?

temporarily dead, elitist as fuck despite being absolutely shit, got halfway through mythic prog a year after release overgeared as balls and then bailed. Not sure what's happening to it in Legion

speaking of mounts, someone posted a mottled drake on dalaran ah.

how do i die in icc plz i need to wipe

bubble hearth

I really can't understand the reason why they increase WoW's system requirements with every expansion, the game looks exactly the same with the old ones, the areas have no difference at all, the people with good PCs will obviously not touch an old subscription game, they'll spend all their money on Steam games, Overwatch and the newer things. Also it's almost impossible for a new player to start playing wow and remain to the game now no matter how many changes you make, i have seen it myself it's like us trying to play a different mmo than wow and stay with it which can't happen. The only thing you achieve by increasing system requirements is losing the older players that play wow. Isn't this the point of WoW anyway? One of the reasons that its' played a lot is because it runs on older PCs too, why take this away. If i ever buy a pc that handles the newer stuff i am obviously not going to keep paying subscription.

is there any way to auto-mill herbs?

even with the wod macro this takes forever

/console renderScale .5

holy fuck this thred is ded

Join any group then leave, it'll boot you out of the instance in a minute. WoTK and earlier raids are pretty damn hard to wipe on, and it takes forever

Save my 300k for legion or spend it all now on wod mounts?

How do you get a cross-faction fuckbuddy?

I want a gnome girl to sit in my lap and explain complicated concepts to me.

Anyone willing to buy a wow beta account? i got accepted but dont play anymore, thinking around $75 contact me at [email protected]

Damn, soloing Blood Infusion is hard.

Just sold a 15k item for 15g in AH on accident. How likely is it blizzard will give me back the item?

you mean literally impossible, right?

No, I'm soloing with 2 accounts but this damn trinket won't proc.

The game looks amazing...

Plenty of people build beefy PCs for WoW

Like me. I have 970 and I plan on getting a 1080 for WoW. I play other games too, but WoW is my forever game, until they ruin it too much that is...

>1080 for WoW
That's funny user.