/xsfg/ - XSEED and Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

Comfiest Edition

A general for talking about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1

XSeed have announced their E3 2016 lineup and it includes new titles to be localized in the west:
Corpse Party (3DS | Summer 2016)
Exile’s End (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Summer 2016)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (PS4, PS Vita | Winter)
Akiba’s Beat (PS4, PS Vita | Winter 2016)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Fall 2016)
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (Cherished Friends of Three Villages) (3DS | 2017)
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4 | Summer 2016)

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, currently out in Japan as of June 23 for 3DS systems.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall. Steam and the PS Store currently have sales for TitS and SC.

Ys VIII Vita is set for a June 21 release in Japan, PS4 version in 2017.

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/view
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/view
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tiST-5tCILs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Clorica doesn't look too comfy there somehow.

Someone woke her up.

Oh god there's a lot of dialog. I just checked and I only have about 0.05% translated so far.

Should I leave things like onii-chan alone or change it?

>Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS4, PS Vita, Wii U | Fall 2016)

why no 3DS

>reading fogu preview of TOT
>"there is no television set in the game"
I'm not complaining but it seems a little odd.. Maybe it was too much work to add shows and whatnot? I guess if you saw the Weather Channel you wouldn't have any reason to talk to Inari since he tells you the weather

Could of sworn that I read that there was a television set in the game.

I don't see any mention of a TV in the dialog files.

240x240 or whatever the 3DS resolution is is a touch too small for HD, methinks.

Well the TV in and of itself was a huge fucking chunk of the SoS dialogue, wasn't it? So much so they had to cut an entire channel out to squeeze the european release on the cart? Maybe they felt it would be better to devote that to character development and just do a weather-only deal like in the days of yore.

Well the text only takes up 15MB now, I feel like they had plenty of room.

>tfw waking up on a cold morning and you have to get out of bed.

Also the face when it's around the summer solstice and Jesus Christ is it morning already for fuck's sake let me sleep a bit more

When you start the game this man will be your best friend. He offers part time jobs around town and you'll need to do them to progress your town.

It's basically a request board. So far they're all simple tasks like deliver a package from one person to another or water someone's crops.
There's also ship X amount of Y by tomorrow in there.

So the market system from SoS is gone?

Vishnal says odd things at night ("training" or something).

Maybe she heard someone getting a ghost blowjob from the opposite end of the palace.

>meanwhile down the street in a certain house a certain knight is suddenly awoken with a start from strange noises coming all the way from the castle

That looks like the western area. Is this like twin towns where you can choose where you want to live?

Seems like it. Those are actually shops in the back of that pic and they're open every day. I'm sure every village has it's own specialty shops, but I think that's as far as unlocking them goes.

You live is a separate area from the three villages.
You don't actually have a farm in the village and you don't get to choose. Right outside your farm is a small area that has a path to each of the villages.

Only Wes is unlocked from the start. You have to unlock the others.
In this pic you'll see that the road to the other two is blocked by fallen gates. The road to Wes town is behind my character.

Have you met the twin brown waifus yet? What does their town look like?

Not yet. I'm almost at D rank for Wes town. I assume that's how you unlock the other towns.

Those buildings in the back from left to right are the restaurant, flower shop, and general store.
They're located in the far back of Wes town.

Are all the Harvest Moon games on the same world, just like RF games are all on the same RF world?

So you have to unlock the other towns? Lame.

Some of them have continuity, but I don't think HM is really concerned with that kind of thing.

Isn't there a globe in Mistel's shop in SoS that has the same layout as Earth?

maybe one day, someone's love for farming games and monster girls will bring forth a monster girl factory.

Maybe someday.

The one on the left is a monoeye/cyclops, but what about the one on the right?

sexy tentacles, of course.

Just finished Return to PopoloCrois, is there any post game stuff to do?

lucky guy

youtube.com/watch?v=tiST-5tCILs

1 Hour gameplay of Trio of Towns, with english translation.

NO!

At least there's some monstergirls in RF/HM. Mermaids, elves (if the latter counts), Amber, and whatever Dolce is at least.

What, Raven doesn't count?

That's why I said "at least."

>tfw the coming days will mark the 5th anniversary that RF4 was first announced in Famitsu

With Trio of Towns already out, one can cling to the dim hope that we'll be getting an RF5 announcement this summer if it's one of the games Hashimoto is working on this year.

>summer arrives
>new game announced
>it's popolowhatever 2 instead

Honestly, if shed a tear or two in grief.

This thread shouldn't be dead.

>implying it wont be a complete, enhanced and expanded Lord of Magna for the VITA with more events, more romance, more artwork, better gameplay just to flip off the people who bought the really short 3DS version

What's Natsume been up to anyway? I don't think they were at the e3.

I'll be taking more batches of screenshots today. Maybe I'll unlock the tropical village too.

If there's anything specific you want to see just let me know.

Cuet maido.

Tsun Bachelorette

Still far away from unlocking the eastern village. No meido or waitress today.

Which one is she?

Doesn't look like there is one. Kasumi is probably the closest but she's in eastern as well.

Skytree Village announced for the 3DS. It pretty much looks like a Bokumono bootleg, from the GUI to the models.

Speaking of which, anyone still got *that* one pic from the trailer from two threads ago? You know the one.

Slowly making my way through the first spring in 3V. It's pretty damn slow and there isn't much to do right now.

got the cia for the game waiting, just need to follow the hundreds of vague instructions to get the loader to work

Which one?

The one where the old black science dude is literally doing the face in that picture, and between that and the style it is so goddamn creepy and hilarious and about a half-dozen other adjectives' worth of "what the fuck" that it's impossible to forget it once you've seen it.

Oh boy, whats going on there I wonder

Cute!

The goddess without that dialog box in the way?

Made a lot of progress today. I've got a few pics of Dessie that I'll post in a bit.

Apart from the impossible pairing of Frest, Clorica x Frey is one of my favorite Frey pairings.

Cool.

>Dessie

Sounds like a cow's name.

Guys, I miss Rune Factory.

We all do.

Who was it that wanted this? I can rip any of the other faces from the game's files as well.

Yo.

Although I was thinking more ingame (you can hide the dialog box, right?), but still, cool.

Well unfortunately that would require me to play the game and take screenshots, which takes longer than just ripping straight from the game.

Also there are some interesting things in the games files.

>Although I was thinking more ingame
Those are still coming in a bit. Need to finish something irl first

So uh... why is she chewing on her shirt?

Nerves.

She's just covering her face, ya goof.

I'm not even sure what's going on here.

Anything lewd?

I guess it depends on your definition of lewd

I'll see if I can find anything.

I guess the American definition... meaning at least swimsuits.

Everyone talks about Woolies, but what about Schmoolies?

Shhh, they are too powerful. Do not attract their ire.