/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Team Night Owl has won the latest NA Splatfest!
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July! The Squid Sisters amiibos are to let you watch them dance and perform music.
- The Squid Sisters will be performing at Japan Expo in France on July 8th! twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/737935306075185152

> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Callie vs Marie splatfest confirmed?

For EU who can't see them

I'm okay with this. Hooray for the power of both.

Hoot's the number one now?

People really thought Marie wouldn't win? It felt like 90% of my matches were mirrors this time around.

That said, I really hope the next Splatfest isn't the last...

I'm fucking SALTY

why??

Happy Squid Sisters are over. Only salt now.

I once thought it was a good idea, but now I hope it doesn't happen. Keep their perks mutual, not with any absolute decider.

this

They'll rig it to be the first tied Splatfest.

To be fair Marie has a pretty sour attitude there.

>soulless marie eyes

what?

Now that the dust has settled what are you rolling for /ink/?

filename accurate

Please Callie was a sore winner during the christmas splatfess desu.

I want Marie vs. Callie just to fuck with people.

You will never love Callie or Marie as much as Callie and Marie love Callie and Marie

>rolling

I'd accept this. it'd be a great twist.
>implying the majority doesn't just hack all their gear now.

I just save my snails up now since I scummed all the gear I wanted ages ago desu.

do you think the wind were 50/50 and they flipped a coin to decide who would win?
OH SHIT
>splatfests are completely decided by two people
this is what splatoon has become. are you proud?

Congrats team Night Owls!

It was a long road, but we made it!

So... Marie renounces the relevance of most of her previous topics?
The only fests she cared about were Dogs, Decepticons, Sandcastles, Patrick Star and fucking Pokémon Blue?

According to the game's lore they have no control over what subjects come out of the fax machine, so I'm gonna assume this is hot air.

WHAT
IS
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit getting real

>Next Splatfest
>No fax machine
>Callie vs Marie

IDS HEBENIG!

Last

Oh shit

well, they don't have control, but that doesn't mean they can't be competitive about it. they could also break the fucking fax machine and make their own rules, but the devs can't even be asked to change the splatfest titles, so that would be asking WAY too much

A hard battle fighting my own team almost ever match.

Do they even say "Stay Fresh" at the end?

after they announce the stages that happens.

it's the fights against the enemy that you won that are most important.

great job!

Nope.

Was Callie's salt justified?
It seems a little out of character for her...

Angry sex! Angry sex!

after than they go through the maps. yes, they say stay fresh

Callie is pissed.
I surprised marie wasn't the one to snap...

What the fuck, I got something of a chill down my spine watching that after splatfest banter.

Oh my god. Will it finally be Callie vs Marie?

or... worse yet.. the last splatfest?

She probably would have if she had lost.

Normally Marie just makes puns and quips, but she was directly and personally patronizing this time. Besides, tease a lesbian about wanting worms and they'll get pissed.

SQUID SISTER ENDGAME

nice meme

I want to watch Callie and Marie rip each others clothes off while they're beating the fuck out of each other

the game is getting pretty dead... I kept playing the same people over and over again. I would also dc after almost every game, but it didn't matter since I got paired with the same teammates again (for better or for worse)

I miss when we still had someone hack the game to find out the alternate bants. Last time was I think with Past vs Future.

Same to you.

I just wish I wasn't having so many fucking connection issues.

Thanks.

Guys. Its.. holy shit that "banter"

1.) Callie vs Marie
2.) Cats vs Dogs rematch
3.) THE last Splatfest..
4.) Amiibo tie for splatfest (which might just be callie v marie)
5.) OCTOLING INVASION?!

Fucking shit I am all hyped up

I was pissed, too. I've never felt dissatisfied after a splatfest.

>the last splatfest will not be done warmly as companions bidding farewell to an excellent run, but instead done under bitter rivalry full of hate and remorse
>it will be more about winning than having fun at our last chance to do so
>it will make insults fly back and forth instead of making us remember what truly matters
why did you do this nintendo?
i didnt want this
i dont think anyone wanted this

Real Previous thread

Why in the fuck would it mean an Octoling invasion?

you're fucking gay, you know that?

>splatfest starts
>4v4
>last minute music kicks in
OUR HERO HAS ENTERED THE BATTLEFIELD!
>Squid Sisters show up for their respective teams as Comps

Because it's hilarious. I love how they reference old stuff over the past year instead of acting like it never happened.

>3-4 weeks from now
>Splatfest announcement
>Everyone is losing their shit
>Corn Chips vs Potato Chips!
Let's not get hasty, I doubt they'll pull the plug on this note. Or at least I hope not.

hoot hoot birdfags

>2.) Cats vs Dogs rematch

hoot hoot zoopals
zoopals make eating

why did you delete this

Because why the fuck not in a post apoc game about kids spraying paint against one another for coins
>entire city gets amped up and drops their defenses because this is the biggest splatfest to date
>Octolings see it as a chance to invade
>in the middle of a match NPC Octos burst in to fuck shit up having a 3 way battle
>at the end of splatfest have some slowmo shots of team marie, team callie and octolings all to a climactic ending scene where they announce splat2n for the NX

>had the game since last november
>apparently there's still a jacket I haven't bought

This is ridiculous. Does it just cycle through, or is it just pure luck what clothes will randomly come in stock?

That would be fucking stupid.

random chance, also you can probably find someone wearing it in the plaza to order it for a higher price

Yeah, no.

Fuck off nigger, I already had my moment and you are just an afterthought

You can fuck right off as well.

But in all seriousness, kinda sad if this ends up being the last splatfest. What was the JP and EU splatfest banter like?

Funny enough I though I bought all the gear ages ago. Going into the shop to get the coro coro jacket here's this random red hoodie I never seen before in the shop I didn't know existed.

It won't be. They may close Splatfests in the west due to the lack of players, but Japan could still go on.

I didn't get replies

ok before we went bananas over this possible "last splatfest"
did the EU or Jap banter said something similar? maybe the salt only was real here

Whoa... SHOTS FIRED. Did not expect the results banter to end that way.

I have a feeling this was only to address people's concerns that Splatfests would be ending.

the jap banter is literally the same for every splatfest, check the wiki and you'll see
absolutely zero freshness on that island

I've found quite a few shirts on other players that I'd missed in the stores. It's random.

>splatoon is the only game where people prefer to get censored and from kindness no less

/ink/ is retarded.

What?

I want an option to make it impossible to super jump to me. People are way too retarded to use it

I can't decipher what your even talking about. this is making me really nervous for some reason. maybe I should just go to sleep.

I feel like the salt may have just come from the massively skewed popularity vote. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't write these things in advance but rather reflected the results.

>Decide to play some turf war in Splatoon after not playing Splatoon for a long time
>lolwut splatfest going on with one hour left
>Choose Team Night owls because I'm Marie fantic and always picked her team when was Splatfest going on
>Win Splatfest which people said Callie was guaranteed the easy win
>mfw

Reasoning won't make a difference, this place will be nothing but "last splatfest hype aaaaah" for the next three weeks.

I'm gonna miss night time mahi. the glow of the fire on the white platforms and the beautiful water reflection is so damn nice.

You know what's cool? Not reposting your posts everywhere.

Thanks for the (you)

If it was something like that, we would of heard about it. Honestly, it might be a Cats v Dogs rematch. The mechanics and such got changed so much and I bet a few of the super salty ones who were on Team Cat might still be around.

The way both of them broke character was a shock. I mean holy shit.

>moray towers

Well, time to go to sleep I guess. Game is unplayable for like 5 hours

There's no way anyone would have thought Callie's win was guaranteed. They should know that Night Owl's would have get the land slide popularity win and then the curse decides whether or not they lose too many battles.

Nobody saw his last one, he was late to the thread.

>white cum creates a perfect contrast on callie's black tentacles
this can't be a coincidence

I want to walk Marie down the aisle