/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General #18

Previous thread: Angel Wiggums edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE (embed)
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD (embed)
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6 (embed)

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Video of the thread
[YouTube] Dead by Daylight Trapper/Hillbilly Play of the Game (embed)

>Latest Patch Notes (June 17 / v1.0.1)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206084790905/

>Update from the devs (June 21)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206100588165/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

Other urls found in this thread:

beta.deadbydaylight.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

post yfw when

Survivor nerf when? Killer hasn't been fun to play since the first few days. The game was honestly better in the beta, like most games. No overpowered perks, and nobody had dozens of toolboxes lying around.

This is the cutest thing ive ever seen

is there a better feeling than outplaying entity at bloodweb?

>tfw a cheater can't even beat a level 1 killer.
Hearty chuckle

Fuck barricades. It's not a problem being blocked off, but when they stand there motionless waiting for you to come near, switching sides constantly so you can't touch them. Barricades should be untraversable and only destroyable by toolboxes or the killer, that way survivors have to think about what they block off. Now they just use it as a way to juke back and forth.

No fun being a killer anymore, I miss the beta.

what does a 'red' mean

Very high rank.

I got one in my game, he just dc'd immediately and i had to 1v1 the killer eventually and lost

Does the bloodweb still need to be filled all the way or can you skip things now?

>wonder how truetalent gets all those rank 20 almost every time
>change my download region to london
>four r20 like 10 times in a row
what the fuck

Sounds about right.

After level 10 the entity takes things past 4 items so you have to try and pick and choose instead of getting it all.

The Entity is just going to teleport to the other section user. I would've went for the perk since there's a fair chance that it's going to show up next web.

>Gave up that many packs and stones.

Does Unrelenting and NOED stack?

Killers need to be informed of where the hatch is. It's much easier for a survivor to find it than the killer. Literally impossible to catch the last guy.

>traded 2 satchels for mystery box

>It's much easier for a survivor to find it than the killer.
The killer who gets to move around freely?
No, no it's not.

Let second to last survivor bleed out on the ground until you find the hatch.

what's juking?
what's BM?

why does everyone hate Dwight? I play as him a lot and do just fine.

Kids have trouble with winning if they arent playing the most broken characters, then they go and bitch about muh exploit abuse, muh mechanics abuse

Juking normally means dodging about, hopping over windows and back again to annoy the killer who can't do shit about it. Not sure what BM is, but people hate Dwight because it's become a meme that only idiots play Dwight, especially considering he gets worse perks and items compared to the other characters.

>what's juking
Dodging the killer with better movements
>What is BM
Bad manners
Smacking hanging survivors or Tea bagging in the exit for the for example
>What's wrong with Dwight
Shitty perks

That's not what juking is, thanks for your uninformed input dwight

The survivor has infinite time, the killer does not. The survivor has a third person perspective, the killer does not. The survivor, having time, can find the hatch long before it opens. The killer has no such time.

I've heard juking/duking used in two ways, the way I described and the way described.

>hatch doesnt spawn til 3 gennies have been turned on
>killer doesnt have to worry about a moving no go zone running around the map
>killer has no real objectives to complete, just patrol around until someone is found/gets caught

you know this game didnt invent the term juking right? you do know the definition isnt some random shit you gave it right?

How do you turn off this weird blur graphical effect on the game, it wasn't blurry in the beta.

I am well aware, which is why I pointed out that it doesn't mean annoying the other player
Dwight players are out of control tonight.

It takes five minutes or less to power the generators. You barely have time to kill anyone, let alone time to look for the hatch. The survivors have literally infinite time.

go to steam guides and look up hatch locations

learn them

camp them

grab those fuckers as they jump in

>be trapper
>2 peopel disconnect
>wound the other 2
>trap farm one and then killed him
>knock the other one over and drag him to the escape hatch
>he doesnt go in
>pick him up so he can run around
>he runs off
>knock him down 2 more times because he runs off again
>he finally gets the hint and escapes
>get a pip

im convinced youre posting from a hospital bed in a cancer ward at a childrens hospital

Again, you don't even have time to patrol all the generators or hook people. You don't have time to search for the hatch even when you know all the locations.

still worth trying

what is herding and why is it awesome? Oh, yeah, so you can lock down the last 3 gens and since only survivors can die...

>WhyCantIHoldAllTheseBloodPoints.jpg

In football, when you're a runningback with the ball and a fat fuck is barreling towards you (From in front or behind), to throw your weight into a step in towards them only to use that momentum to spin around in the opposite direction, forcing them to dive to the empty area where it looked like you were about to sprint.
That is what juking is.

Properly "Juking" a killer means, during a chase, you veer sharply out of their narrow 65 degree FOV, forcing them to turn that way as you rotate back the opposite direction, ending up behind them, free to sprint away the opposite direction.

It is NOT running in a circle and hoping you have higher mouse sensitivity
It is NOT running a little ways and then ducking behind a rock
And it sure as FUCK isn't jumping around like some kind of fairy faggot.

Learn to juke, it will save your life.

>I can't think of any meaningful counter argument
>I better just insult him and hope that I win

>Juking normally means dodging about
>That's not what juking is
Hmm...

this is the third time youve said literally this exact thing, its also the third time it had literally no meaning. this is how i know youre currently in a hospital bed, in a cancer ward, at a childrens hospital. and you have and will not have any visitors

>Report hackers
The general was originally teaching people how to hack in the first place and now you all are snitching on them?
Enjoy your dead game once half the community is banned and you're left with 10yo jump scare shitters.

thanks overwatch faggot, go hop back to your shitty tf2 remake with waifus shitpost general. thanks

You're just jealous Meg doesn't have thighs as sweet as mercy

oh my bad, i forgot to add kill yourself to my other post, kill yourself

That's a nice strategy when there's only one or two guys left, but it's rather hard when there are four of them. And the time it takes to hook people and plant traps if you're a trapper means they can easily sneak those, especially in the early game.

I guess I better do it then, a stranger on the internet told me to after all.
It's ok though because an heroes never die

>Its a wraith who relentlessly chases one person across the entire map while gens are constantly repaired and finally exit just so he can get that singular 1k sac points from one play
Man... wraith players are so fucking trash.

>Play in the afternoon early evening
>Mostly trappers and hillbillies
>Play in the late evening
>Only wraiths
kek.

>getting mad cuz wraith raped you instead of going for other people

t. guy who got left behind by everyone

show me where he ding donged you

you did take it like a man and let him have his way with you right?

I think I'm done with this game. It's not fun winning 95% of the time as a survivor and it's not fun losing 95% of the time as a killer unless I nuke the lobby until I get rank 20s.

Yes. He was the one who chased me.
And no, I juked him until the exit was open and ran out.

You understand "winning" in this game is only getting 10k points right?

Getting 10k points as a killer requires you to kill the majority of the players or abuse the fuck out of the bell.

Getting 10k points as a survivor requires you power up a few easy generators and then escape, or help someone off a hook or two and die for it.

I actually lose 95% of the time as survivor

>Getting 10k points as a killer requires you to kill the majority of the players or abuse the fuck out of the bell.
You can get 10k easily and only kill 2 people. It's really not that hard.

Then you're just bad, or really low level and inexperienced.

Comments like that might get you killed

You would have to hit them dozens of times and chase them dozens of times. This does not happen. When I get 3/4 kills I never rank up, and that's after letting them unhook them so I can hook them again.

i'm all of those. I don't bring any items because I'm sure to die every round

I don't do that either, though not out of any fear. I have 100+ medkits sitting around as a result.

Once you get to level 30 or so, have some good perks and know the basics of each map you'll win almost every time or you're just retarded or a Dwight player.

speaking of items, who else /hoarding/? i think ive burned 3 offerings in my 100 hours of play time

The fuck do skeleton keys even do?

i dont know but they are rare so i will literally never use one

Let you open the hatch prematurely, I think. And the addons you attach to them have their own effects like showing the killer's aura, that drain the key's energy.

>hit rank 11
>suddenly matched only with people below rank 10

its time to take a break and wait for the patch mates

Just whiny faggot babies

Playing Killer is giving me cancer. every other person I hook and leave a trap under, they just DC, can't you assholes just let yourselfs die so i can get some god damn points too? And llisten here you fagots I'll give the last person 2 chances to farm points, after that i'll troll you with traps then hook you in the god damned rape basement. Otherwise I'll drop you off at the escape hatch..... why do i feel like im running a shitty day care?

why do shitters with fucking third world tier connection play the killer? its literally impossible to win when youre teleporting all over the place but the killer seems to hit you just fine...

I like it when the connection is beyond horrible so even if you get found you can just rubber band yourself away from the killer. also some animations while lagging are funny as fuck

>Working on the gen
>Stops on the mark
>Explodes.
No longer playing this game past midnight 12 am, it's only laggy wraiths

They open SKELETONS

i dunno why wont they just struggle and dont resist the entity, shit takes like 10s

>why do i feel like im running a shitty day care?

Laughed out loud.
This is EXACTLY what being killer feels like, oh my god.

DAMN IT JAKE! dont break my traps i need them for work... dwight, why would you run there your going to get one upside the head for the meg!

is there a better feeling of still reaching your point quota when faggots disconnect?

>high rank faggots disconnects

big surprise

Jake literally broke all my hooks. I finally dragged that cunt across the map and got him. Had to leave some dude on the ground for death.

I brought the retard to come generators to fix for some sick points but he'd just run every time I let him escape.

I want to face fuck meg and cum in her big round ass

Yeah, that's the stuff

>Carrying bitch to basement to be with other bitch
>Realize I'm a little short on points due to DC
>Stand there and let her wiggle free and step away
>Let them heal each other
>All these free points
This is like discovering red twine all over again. Gonna do this every game.

>1. Wait for 6pm local time (no that's not a fictional thing, wait until it's 6 in the evening wherever you live)
>2. go to beta.deadbydaylight.com/
>3. Wait until you hear music.
>4. claim beta code

This obviously is no longer a thing? Like, it's properly released now isn't it?

Enjoy your vacation, dude.

>Autohaven
>Beat juke windows with trapper
>Rank 1 disconnects

Seriously, faggots?

yea boi

>Insidious
>With trapper
Faggot.

I play Meg

Iron grip + Agitation master race

Why do people especially hate insidious trappers?

Because they think they only have to worry about my trap cards

to anyone that complains about reaching the 10k mark as the killer, this is what happens if you don't camp hooks for even a second.

I forgot, it's the weekend.

But Trappers never actually leave the area where they hook people, since they're the slowest of the killers.