Dota 2 General - /d2g/

What starts with an "R" and ends with a "T"?, Edition.

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Latest patch: store.steampowered.com/news/22385/
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: d2armory.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
DOTA 2 analysis: dotametrics.wordpress.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: yasp.co
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
livestreamer GUI: github.com/bastimeyer/livestreamer-twitch-gui

>BETTING
Cosmetic Items:
www.dota2lounge.com
dota2.vpgame.com/
gosugamers.net/dota2/gosubet
dota2.vpgame.com/

First for Rylai!

shitty fucking thread you nigger.

Shitty.

Fucking.

Thread.

>Pick Terrorblade
>Win game

IM BORED PLS HELP

I mean the battle pass is great and all, but its a different feel- like a website it's cool but kind of impersonal while having that magical book made it truly feel like yours.
Sure it could use some navigating improvement, but the overall feel wasn't like someone just threw together a new web page with a bunch of panels and rewards and quests (all great). I feel there was just something more exciting about it.

SAVAGE SLACKS

FEAR WHAT YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND

I'm glad Iron Talon exist because it allowed more heroes into the meta.

Before Iron Talon, several heroes were never picked because the teams would say it was not possible to lane the hero.
Iron Talon alone brought several hero back in the meta, specially melee ones which would just be food in the laning phase.

Thank you Mr. Lizard.

pick him into elder titan

SLACKS WITH THE INDUSTRIAL LEVEL BURN

zyori on suicide watch

Threadly reminder
Redd*t, not even once

I know slacks gets a lot of shit for his casting, which can be pretty terrible, but the constant banter and random comments are great. After watching games all day it's some much welcomed entertainment!

SOMEONE GET THIS MOTHERFUCKER OUT OF HERE IM DYING

better than Naga/PL cancer shit, at least this nigga just pushes your shit in instead of ricing for 60 minutes then losing

I miss the compendium book.
I mean the battle pass is great and all, but its a different feel- like a website it's cool but kind of impersonal while having that magical book made it truly feel like yours.

Sure it could use some navigating improvement, but the overall feel wasn't like someone just threw together a new web page with a bunch of panels and rewards and quests (all great). I feel there was just something more exciting about it.

What did slacks do? FUCK

Games starting in the same time, you just can't switch one game to another and pick your predictions. It feels like hell when you've got a weak PC. I think it needs a separate block where you can see game picks and make your choices, not in-game ones. So uncomfortable.

Predictions are the best thing to happen to dotatv in a long while!

For a good time now, the community kept asking why you would want to watch ingame instead of on twitch. I don't know if this new addition of predictions shifts it back in favor of dotatv, but it sure is a nice step. It makes the games more compelling and gives a raison d'être to the chat. Well done Valve.

will midone play like ass

cheeky

MADMAN level burn

>jeyo storm
rofl

I would have no idea there are new predictions if it wasn't for this sub.

I'm talking about both the open qualifiers predictions and the new game by game predictions.
If I hadn't read this sub this week I would have probably missed out on both. I'm really not sure how many people missed this round of the qualifier prediction but if I had to guess, I would say a lot

I really wish Valve implemented a better system for notifying us about the new features within the Battle pass.
It would be nice if we got a notification saying "New features available in the Battle pass." And then the buttons that lead to the new features would glow red until we click on them, or something like that.

>numblars
>erff
the casters are literally losing their minds

Can i get a tldr? I was afk

Slacks is flying too close to the sun

I fear he might meet the same fate as James

In-game predictions are so uncomfortable.
Games starting in the same time, you just can't switch one game to another and pick your predictions. It feels like hell when you've got a weak PC. I think it needs a separate block where you can see game picks and make your choices, not in-game ones. So uncomfortable.

slacks is going off rn

He's not targeting players directly, got a bit more leeway i expect.

LD or OD EITHER ONE JUST GIVE SLACKS MORE D. Amazing Casting duos ODpixel +SLACKS or LD + SLACKS

LD and SLacks is such a powerhouse cast and entertaining as all hell. SLacks and ODpixel is always fun as well. This high energy / semi serious casting is so great to watch. whichever one Slacks casts with it is definitely something of beauty. Personally I like slacks and LD it reminds me of Shrek and the Donkeys relationship from the first movie. Very Entertaining. Bravo guys!

Why is that storm naked?

Can People stop the hatred against Vultur and DrinkingBoys? Is not their fault

Valve invited them to this shitshow, and still those teams are being blamed by a lot of people, even today i heard casters making fun about "how bad they play", and is not fair at all.

Hes not making fun of the chinese government on a valve paycheck
hes fine

How is the stream quality on BTS so much worse than the slavs?

every single day

Petition for Slacks to cast in TI!

I really enjoyed his cast with LD , so much fun watching those two! I really hope valve will invite slacks because he worked hard and he deserves an invite to cast in TI6

Valve please make it happen!

is the audio fucked for anyone else on livestreamer?

no pity for being shit

Madara will destroy those dumb slavs.

New and Closing Predictions Warnings System.
I have just noticed that there were predictions for the qualifiers. This is my fault I missed them. However, I would love to see popups appearing (a little like the new items messages) that say when:

1.There are new predictions available
2.There are predictions that are closing in the next 24 hours that you have not completed

so that we don't miss them in the future.
pretty please

A huge mistake I noticed from many newbies: treating heroes in the early game as if their full potential has already been reached

This goes both ways. For example, teammates will be afraid to gank Sniper because they know how fearsome he can be if you let him get fed - but shit, this is still the laning phase! This motherfucker is squishy as hell. He's useless. Kill him a few times and shut him down.
On the opposite side of the coin, some people have no items yet remember that last game where they were a badass Sven and think they can take on a 1 v 3 fight - only to die faster than they can sneeze.
I think if people kept these two things in mind, they'd win a lot more games.

>sea monkeys

wait what did slacks do

What has happened to this general.
This is a mockery of what /d2g/ was even months ago.
Fuck all of you fucking memers trying to make yourself so fucking edgy and not even playing the fucking game.
fuck you modern /d2g/ FUCK YOU.

kill yourself

Bring Dota 2 to front when Banning starts

please implement this option similar to the "Bring Dota 2 to front when match found" option, I often find myself alt tabbed after accepting a match, only to tab in to the pick phase already started

don't really care for watching people load into the game or seeing other peoples profiles; in 4k, everyones a shitstain

EDIT: Apparently I'm a shitstain for not owning a second monitor in 2016

dude are u just pasting reddit posts

you actually play this shit game?
why?

He is.

One of our resident starcrumps from 2013.

Echo Stomp misconception

I've heard casters say that echo stomp is bugged numerous times.

Casters claim: Echo stomp is bugged at level 1, does more damage

Truth: Echo stomp is not bugged. Elder Titan does physical damage, the spirit does magical damage. When the spirit is not present/skilled, Elder Titan deals BOTH instances.

tl;dr: Echo stomp is not bugged.

Why are China qualifiers a LAN event while the rest are just online? Are all teams based on the same city or is this just some PW money laundering scheme considering there's no prizepool per se and just some sponsors maybe, this looks like pretty decent production
Or maybe LAN qualifiers could be financed just by sponsors but studios don't want to do it?

As if the Gulag wasn't shit enough already. I can't wait for all le epic memes on d2g :)

tandings

Round Robin preview lrthread
1. Execration Execration 6-2
2. Fnatic/Fnatic Fnatic 5-2
3. WarriorsGaming.Unity WarriorsGaming.Unity 5-3
4. TNC Gaming TNC Gaming 4-2
5. White Fries Gaming White Fries Gaming 4-3
6. Mineski Mineski 3-4
6. Rave Rave 3-4
8. Orange.Taring Orange.Taring 2-5
9. The Mongolz The Mongolz 2-5

uhm explain this fnaticucks

>Are all teams based on the same city
pretty much this

Nah...

Whatever gave you that impression?

>lesnar poster was right

which city?

M-MUH TOP 6 MAJOR WAHH

kunka first ban by VG.R

Why is Tidehunter going to jail?

He used a Torrent on KunkkaBay

"This is autistic" -Fatboy Slacks 2016

so whoever gets the highest point in this qualifiers gets an invite for TI and the rest go playoffs for the other TI spot?

Its the same sc2 subhuman every time. He copy pastes reddit posts because he doesn't know enough about the game to make coherent shitposts, hopes for a bait about talking about the game then starts the subhuman "streamcuckoldry is superior to playing the game" garbage
Literally every damn time at this time of day.

is slacks trying to get fired

June 24th update FPS drop?

I am using an asus g750jm laptop with i7 4700hq and gtx860m, my FPS was used to be around 87 at max setting and never went under 60. For some reason after the update that introduce those immortal 2 my FPS always stuck at 32-38, anyone know what is wrong?

shithai

>NA dota is shit 90% of the tiem
>10% EG wins a lans and d2g is full of USA shitposters

lmao

what the fuck is happening in this thread

Get your stats and stuff together BTS please...

Like seriously you guys are broadcasting a lot of the games you should be really up to date with standings etc, it shouldn't be hard for you guys to at least stay on par with liquipedia.

For example on the multicast channel everyone thought only a couple of games of the china qualifer had been played when the qualifiers is almost a quarter way through...

Edit: Overall it's just very misleading in general, even worse when they are arguing between each other and production, i.e godz saying WG.Unity is 4-3, Zyori agreeing with him, production says 5-2 and it ended up being 5-3.

>they are just ignoring Slacks autistical remarks

looks like someone got triggered by his reddit threads getting deleted countless times so he decided to make a non-reddit OP and spam reddit posts instead

Correct

Wait is slacks a cuck

>when you realize one of the dudes talking is Sheever

slacks has to be high right now

don#t blame BTS

blame Valve for going full retard with 9 games at a time

ribbit raid with slacks posting and ribbit threads

What's this "reddit" stuff? There's no "reddit" here.

This is the le epic gulag!

Only us gulaguites here with the le fresh mems!

Fuck slacks

Fire him already

>doublehelldemon
>balanced

>>>>reddit

this is the best we're going to get
enjoy it while you can before llama casts again

I unironically enjoy slacks antics especially the bits about his first wife

I wish I thought I was cool

You're cool in my heart, dude.

Le cuqué

if only you were a real qt ;-;

>twitch con
have you ever seen a place with more disgusting neck beard degenerates?

Jokes on you, she's already casting [A]-Vega

no shit hes the only entertaining one

well i am in d2g

>have you ever seen a place with more disgusting neck beard degenerates?

I'm not really interested in checking out your house, so I think I'll pass.

I'ma just slip in here to say, can we have better item options in general? Why did I do a bunch of quests to get a dank WR set with a great theme, then grind even more quests to unlock a style for it, only to now have to choose between the (IMO better looking and) more thematically congruent bow for my set, and the immortal with its awesome powershot animation?

Blizzcon

CAN HE RECOVER

brony con

BTS Casting Hub

I don't think this kind of casting should be happening, nahaz and fluff were the only ones that were watchable last night. Felt like nahaz was trying really hard to not rage the others of the camera. I assume the others wont get invited to many valve events if they keep up this weird flame/think there better than all the players culture.

good god just shut up

nobody cares about professionalism in a fucking video game tournament

did our guys (EG) make it