/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #486 - Dead as Fuck Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments
SEGA Confirms New Sonic Project Coming 2017
sonicstadium.org/2016/06/sega-confirms-new-sonic-project-is-coming-in-2017/

Sonic Humble Bundles
humblebundle.com/sonic-25th-anniversary-bundle
humblebundle.com/books/sonic-comics-bundle

Tons of Unseen Sonic Concept Art Revealed
sonicstadium.org/2016/06/lots-of-unseen-concept-art-of-sonic-and-company/

Sonic: Mega Drive First Look, Sequel Revealed
sonicstadium.org/2016/06/first-look-at-sonic-mega-drive-1-reveals-sequel/

Sonic Boom Fire & Ice E3 Trailer
sonicstadium.org/2016/06/sonic-boom-fire-ice-e3-trailer/

Runners is Dead.
sonicstadium.org/2016/05/sonic-runners-shutting-down-next-month/

Sonic is joining the cast of LEGO Dimensions!
siliconera.com/2016/06/09/sonic-hedgehog-joins-lego-dimensions/

>Recent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-uxTyBIaBVo
nintendoeverything.com/sega-on-sonic-being-linked-to-nintendo-and-collaborating-with-the-company/
sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/comic/25th/20160624_001047/
youtube.com/watch?v=bd_PVoDCvd8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Y'all need Bump.

this is what happens when you let shitposters roam free

What the hell europoors? You're suppose to keep this alive while we sleep.

Oceania too. We failed :/

Sonic 2017 will be a good game.

It HAS to be a good game.

The EU peeps need the brits to lead them, but they're own their own now.

>Implying the Brits wouldn't be preoccupied with Muslim dick up their ass anyway.

What is THE worst thing that could happen to this franchise?

/sthg/

I was going to say if there was going to be a movie like people said, there's the high chance it's ruined by the "whole video games don't work with movies" thing, but then I saw this

Do you think Eggman knew Maria when he was younger? What do you think he thought of her, when he wasn't as evil? And what would he think of her now?

Bump
youtube.com/watch?v=-uxTyBIaBVo

just let it die

If you want this thread to die then don't post. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

>Implying my posts matter

Then why haven't you left yet? Honestly, if you wanted this place dead, you would've been gone ages ago.

Me? Well it's more or less out of obligation. Sitting in my tabs in the hopes of something decent popping up now and then

if the next game isn't Adventure 3 or something in the same fashion then the franchise is fucked. You idiots do realize that Sonic's been ass recently because he's taken a shitty comedic route to please those meme spewing pieces of shits right?

> Be genius scientist kid Ivo
> Want nothing more in the world than to go live with your famous grandfather on the awesome space station
> He takes your useless sickly know-nothing cousin instead
> The two of them pose in photographs from his lab and send them to you
> [Resentment Intensifies]

She's the reason he fucking turned evil

So be it. Maybe it's time to move on from this series anyway.

being a cuck about it isn't helping.

Big deal. Our actions don't matter for shit.

>the random Sonic Adventure concert that happened.
>crush 40 slip of being involved this year, "might be writing new songs for the anniversary game... stay tuned"
>People cheered when they Mentons Chao Garden at SXSW
>Sonic and Eggman reminded about going to the Party when referencing about City Escape.
>Sega uses Madeon's music for an upcoming trailer. which is based on Sonic Adventure.
>Rumors about the Sonic playset in Lego Dimensions being based on Sonic's Story from Adventure 1.
>Another Rumor about an Anniversary collection featuring all of the sonic games up to Adventure 2
>Crush 40 having a Performance with Music from mostly Adventure 1 AND 2

>he still thinks it's happening

Because I can

Is Sonic CD really free on mobile right now? I cant find it on the google play store

nintendoeverything.com/sega-on-sonic-being-linked-to-nintendo-and-collaborating-with-the-company/

>“When SEGA stopped making hardware and just started doing software, the first platform that we released Sonic on was a Nintendo console. We felt from the very beginning, that the Nintendo platforms were where the passionate Sonic fans were. Historically that is where our relationship started with Nintendo. Unfortunately, the Wii U didn’t manage to get as many gamers on the hardware as we would have liked. That was unfortunate for Sonic because we didn’t get the mass of people to enjoy the content. But Nintendo has always been a great partner, we have Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Sonic in Super Smash Bros… we really appreciate the work that they do.”

Eggman confirmed for Smash 4 NX.

bouncing triggers Metal Sonic

>tfw waking up to find /sthg/ lying on the floor dead

/sthg/ - pessimism and whiny emo faggotry

I want to hug Sally.

Let me guess, you're supposed to be happy about whatever garbage this franchise shits out of it's ass and eat it up with no hesitation or else you're a thing from 2003?

How do we make Sonic great again?

>Rouge, this is Commander Tower.
>Infiltrate enemy fortress, Eggmanland.
>Destroy the final weapon, Omelette Gear.

>... Omelette Gear?!

Speaking of Metal Gear, are there any TECHNOLOGY moments in Sonic?

Kill it

It won't be. Don't don't get your hopes up, it'll only lead to disappointment

None that come to mind. I think there might be some Mode 7 in Sonic CD, but probably not.

Who are these OCs?

what type of bad pr have they had?

Sonic 25th Anniversary planning! Characters our Sonic series has emerged as a leading role in the turnover, one - shot series comics. It will deliver in conjunction with the character introduction column. Every week, scheduled to be updated on Friday!

sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/comic/25th/20160624_001047/

Next week is the Babysitter

Why do you guys come here when you clearly don't like sonic?

Why did you even make a new general?

I like Sonic when it's good. It hasn't been good in a while. I want it to be good again but it seems like it's not going to do that. A franchise that isn't good doesn't need to exist. Therefore Sonic should either die entirely or go the Pachinko route for guaranteed money

It's the kind of comedy I expect from Japan
nonexistent

Nonexistent? You mean the kind of quality to expect from Sonic nowadays

Cute.

>pessimistic emofags are still here

>Babysitter
SEGA NO

Fuck off.

Where were you when Little Planet was discovered for real?

They'll leave eventually to continue cutting themselves and cry some more.

I'm reminded of that unfinished Bump model every time I see this

>tfw hate emos
>tfw secretly love goth girls
They're cute!

Goth Sonic girls?

Gothic Amy

Emo and goth are two different things. Goth girls can be very cute.

Post more cute goth girls.

If Honey wore all black, she'd be wearing gothic lolita.

>general died while Burgers were asleep
You tea-suckers had ONE job

There needs to be more reptile mobian.
There's like 4.

They're too busy kicking white Europeans out of their country so they can fill it with more blacks and Muslims from the Commonwealth, give them a break.

>tfw the current generation of kids are being taught that sonic was tryhard and edgy
but he was cute!

Of what species?

But user, I stayed up until 6am and drew a Julian for you, it wasn't my fight to fight anymore.
Blame another country.

How is fast the hog : rio edition doing ?

Thoughts on Sonic Triple Trouble?

The only Yuros I know in this general are Bongcounters, unless there's anyone else I'm missing.

Best Game Gear game. Sunset Park Act 3 has one of the best boss themes of the series.

>Implying I don't want to see Sonic die with my own eyes

It's coffee you fuckwit

>The emofag is back
I won't let you win.

I want to fuck that 40 year old Enchilada.

report harder :^)

Nah not emo
Eggman is just much better
>implying I left

Okay, I get that Eggman's plan in 06 is to use the Flames of Disaster to take over the world.
... where does the time machine come in?

When you are trying to get rid of certain pets

>tfw i still want to make sonic great again

getting rid of pesky hedgehegs

youtube.com/watch?v=bd_PVoDCvd8

:^)

Sure, that's what he ended up using it for. But I can't believe he didn't have the machine built already for some purpose other than banishing his prisoners.

She a cutie, ain't she ?

Who's that OC?

Kill this meme

>Le emo meme
Ebin

Who's THAT OC?

>being an emo whining pessimist do-nothing sack of shit

When all you do is cry, whine, and act like a pessimistic faggot, we are going to assume you're an emo. You're the only one here who wants to have a pity party.

>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN XD
I bet you call anyone who doesn't lick up whatever shit Sega drops down your throat "emo". Enjoy having no standards whatsoever

gracias

>Look everyone, I'm projecting

That's all your argument has been. "I SWEAR SONIC CAN BE GOOD AGAIN. Y-you just watch!"
Pathetic. You think anyone who realizes how bad things really are is "emo"

>Le
>Curre-
>Ever

No shit sonic hasn't been doing so well lately, but you expect sonic to make a revolutionary game like Mario 64 or Ocarina of time to be considered good again which is incredibly retarded.