/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=pYk_zkA19Nw

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last Thread Died

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417527204
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687226658
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

first for ded game

dead FUCKING game

rise of nations classic

it's a shit game

I just saw that patch asimov was released.
So did it really improve a lot also are there more events and stuff in the game now because mid-late game became boring pretty fast.

Is it full released, or just beta?

>Play Civ V
>random map
>find yourself to be alone on some island
>have no contact with any other civ
>NO contact whatsoever
>Pop demands marble even though they don't even know it fucking exists.

Every time. I'm sure europeans in the middle age really wanted sweet potatoes or whatever is endemic from another fucking continent they didn't know about.

>random map
you did this to yourself

I always go for random map and random civ, with one reroll allowed if I'm really not in the mood.

>one reroll allowed
i suppose you don't reload when you realize you've lost either

Of course not, losing is part of the game !

And I suppose your wife sleeping with other men is part of the marriage?

>Le cuck xD

I just think you have a cute little sissy way of playing Civ is all :3
Cuk

I also usually go for random civ, but I swear 90% of the time it's Hiawatha, so I tend to reroll a lot

So you select every settings yourself, the map, the civ, all of this while being a savescum. Truly a great player, I'm sure you'll manage to beat emperor one day.

Same, but with Catherine.

Here is my "mental justification for it". It's not that your pops know they want marble, it just be more a desire amongst the populace for high quality sculpture/building material. Or they might have experience with marble, just that the one known deposit is too tiny for any real practical use. "Geez, it would be neat if we had a shittonne of this here "bucket of marble"

Vaguely related, my browser's dictionary doesn't know shittonne and suggests I correct it to rhinestone

Realism Invictus any day.

No, random civ and pangaea and hope the game doesn't fuck me over hardcore with a "pangaea" map that is actually just 2 continents late game space race against an AI like it usually does

I've beaten diety - i was just trying to have a laugh but you've taken it personally. toodles.

What's the best civ5 mod?

Vanilla

> implying that is 11 years old
Fucking hell, that's some "But I really did think she was 18" grade jailbait right there

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417527204

Is there a list of Civ VI leaders somewhere?

Ones we know of are
>Teddy Roosevelt for America
>Cleopatra VII for Egypt
>Qin Shi Huang for China
>Some Rando for Japan

I'm hoping for
>Louis XIV for France
>Frederick II for Germany
>Olga of Kiev for Russia
>Cyrus for Persia
>Hammurabi for Babylon (and Babylon is not DLC this time fuck you firaxis)
>Maybe Henry VIII or Queen Anne for England

Why Hammurabi? They're going for "strongest" personality, right? I thought Neb would fit it more

I guess, but Hammurabi was overall a cooler ruler because of his law code a and what not.

Took a look at civ's wiki and also saw Gandhi there. Though it's hardly surprising

I wasn't following the news about this game, it looks like religion is in the base game already, and it looks less casualized than Civ 5. This is actually quite interesting

I like the looks of Civ 6 but I'm worried that I'll still be fucked some how.

There's a blurry as fuck list with all the civs and leaders on it. No idea if it's legit or not, but it does mention Catherine and our old doge friend from Venice.

>One victory type has been removed compared to Civilization V, but one brand new type has been added as well.
Does anyone know what is this? I assume they removed diplomatic victory, it was the most half assed one. I wonder what they used as replacement

Also it feels like this game is influenced a lot by Endless

Something to do with religion maybe?

How is Stellaris?

I've wanted to get into a gsg in space, but I don't know how well it started off, or if I should wait.

I think that it's on sale for the Steam Summer Sale?

>other empire is inferior to mine in every way
>can't vassalise them because they're too large apparently even though they stand no chance against me
Warfare just becomes retarded the further you get into the game and that's without mentioning how alliances are tedious to fight because their total size/strength is added up to make getting warscore a pain in the arse

It's a 4X

buy Distant Worlds

Just te beta but I couldn't find anytorrent links for it yet.

I edited the user_empire_designs and gave myself more traits but I can not see them in the empire selection screen. Did it not work or does empire selection screen just can't show that many traits? It only shows two

nevermind, turns out I was retarded, fixed it

How would you go about making Necromongers in Stellaris?

I'm thinking fanatic militant and xenophile, since they convert captives from conquered peoples.

Not sure about traits.

When will these bastards finally step in line with my fanatic materialism+collectivism

What is your recommended plan for building defense stations?

Do you wait until mid-game when your weapons are at like level 4 or higher?

Do you spam them all in your core systems, or spread them out?

Just curious because I haven't been attacked yet, and I don't want to get steamrolled.

Negligible until mid-endgame.

There's been a Religious Victory added, yes.

Is the Asimov patch fully released?

Did they fix the errors that were in the beta?

I make two fortress designs:
1. Four Tachyon Lances+sentinel point defense with that boost that lowers shields and lengthens FTL timer+slows movement speed
2. Eight Advanced Strike Craft modules with that boost that lowers shield and attack speed.

I put #1 near important installations or space ports of important systems (like my main shipyard), then I put #2 as close by as it will let me. I make a ring of these with #2 on the outside.

Unless you have an insane energy surplus, I suggest putting them on systems on borders shared with your enemy. Then just decommission and rebuild accordingly as your borders move.

Design #1 actually help up to one scourge fleet with a rating of 10k (station just had 4.7k)

>upgrading your fleet doesn't take longer than building a completely new one any more
I am become death

OBJECTIVELY 100% true civ 5 UU tier list

>S tier
Keshik, Camel Archer, Longbow, Ship of the Line

>A tier:
Winged Hussar, Sea Beggar, Chu-Ko-Nu, Janissary, Jaguar, Legion, Pathfinder, Impi.

>B tier:
Sipahi, Horse Archer, Battering Ram, War Chariot, Ballista, Cossack, Immortal, Hussar, Zero, B17.

>C tier:
Musketeer, Tercio, Minuteman, Conquistador, Bowman, Nau, Carolean, Samurai, Panzer, Great Galleass, Berber Cavalry, Siege Tower, Mandekalu Cavalry, Mehal Safari, Mohawk Warrior, Maori Warrior, Atlatlist, Slinger, Pracinha, Comanche Riders, Naresuan Elephant, H'Wacha, TURTLE Ship, Catapracht, Dromon

>D tier:
Quinqereme, African Desert Elephant, Kris Swordsman, Peace Elephant.

>F tier:
Hakkepelitta.

>Norwegian Ski Infantry is so shit it's not even on the list

>SSS Tier
Quinqereme on an Island map

the queermeme is a joke even on archipelago tbhfam

Was it changed? I thought it just me not making giant leaps.

wot
you can flaten any coastal city within a few turns and it's piss cheap to build, and extremely early, if you pull it off well, you can get rid of a few competitors

First time playing this game, is this fucker actually asking me to give him money?

Why the fuck would I give him money when I can crush him and all his friends single handedly

Or is he giving me money?

he wants your monies

I like yours better. Mine was that just because you don't actually see people coming and going doesn't mean they don't. And rumors of whatever luxury from a far off land come and go with them.

Looks like shit.

The worst part is that it's always the asshole with the highest score that asks for shit. I do wish there was an interface during that exchange that showed you their country stats so you could see if they were actually suffering or just taking you for a ride.

Someone explain to me how in a fuckhuge galaxy, I still get atleast 3 chucklefucks RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO ME hogging all my space. Is Stellaris specifically designed to fuck with the human player?

Yes.
Nations always start in clusters.

That is beyond retarded.

>tfw still no empire borders for mac
Literally unplayable beyond the first 50 years

Welcome to Paradicks world of games.
Also nations in player cluster ussualy start with opposite ethics.

So essentially, you either get to expand aggressively but have shit bonuses, or you don't get to expand at all but atleast have decent bonuses. Nice.

>forces you to use sector AI

>Sector AI is functionally retarded, doesn't really do anything, so you have to micromanage everything yourself.

>Patches game. Now sector AI is functionally retarded, but does tons of stuff, it's just really dumb fucking stuff. You now have to spend twice as much time re-doing all the dumb shit the sector AI does.

Fucking broke as fuck game, wake me up in a year when it's semi-functional.

Basically this. It's a game about expansion, but you get huge penalties for doing it. Of course, the AI is allowed to expand as much as it wants.

Get the no clustered start mod
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687226658

Pic related, the mods I play with.

>battering ram that low

Breh

So the 1.2 beta is up for pirates.
Worth trying it out?

Diplomacy's fucked up

What did they ruin this time?

Diplomacy

How?
Is it the "trust system"?
Only read about it in the patch notes, haven't tried it yet.

Do you actually not know Dandolo? Of course he's asking for money, he would never give anyone money

Not him, but the changes to diplomacy are:
>Migration treaty is now always 2-way
>The trust you mentioned
>Non-agression pacts are now a thing
>Defensive pacts are a thing (cost influence to upkeep)
>Borders opened by default
>Guarantee independence costs influence to maintain
>Alliances harder to get in to/maintain

Will I have an easier time as a warmongering fagget?

Do emperors not level up? My emperor is 45 years old and still has only one star

Do they get butthurt if you close their borders?

So I recently got Endless Legends from summer sale and was excited as fuck to play it.
After a few hours i got an in game error message which didnt really make sense but it let me continue. After another hour or so the game completely froze, except the sound. Now it keeps freezing after a few hours and I can't do shit with it.
Specs are good enough to run Rise of the Tomb Raider on almost max with 60 so that cant be the problem.

Why does military republic have to be so god damn awful?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure rulers don't have anything to level up about.

You should probably report it.

>pop details
more like poop details am i right?

Is it just me or Civ VI really looks like shit

HERESY.
Its best game ever.
For a mobile.

Because fascism is wrong user.

t. Sweden

>nerf venerable
>also nerf it's cost because why the fuck not
What the hell?

Ikr? That fucking click&drag policy screen

Not to mention the art style is FUCKING HORRIBLE how can you go so wrong after a magnificent looking game like V was

>fascism
>military republic

>people complain about sector ai
>every time it works fine for me
I don't know what you guys are doing wrong desu.

Any form of military-focused government is fascism in the 21st century grandpa.

Dear /4xg/.

Civ: BE with expansion or Pandora with expanson?

Couldnt get any opinions from /v/, as they only played BE without expansion, which was lacking. I heard that it actually improved with this addon. Absolutely no opinions on Pandora, tho.

Any other 4x you could recommend from this sale? Stellaris cost too much.

>Any form of military-focused government is fascism in the 21st century grandpa.
Alright.

But what do we call a form of government that is under de-facto control by the military-industrial complex?

Rising Tide added some mechanics, but it's still lacking. Lots of ideas are cool, but undercooked, unbalanced, or slided too much into irrelevance to enjoy.

Did mods fixed something?

Land of the Free

Junta

why