/indie/ - Indie Games general

le funny trumpet man edition

Last Thread: >What in the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Bastion, Machinarium, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Sonic Dreams Collection, Dorito Galaxy, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here. Remember to tell just some user and other namefags that use names when they're not needed to fuck off!

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. Besides that, don't forget to play our !!!!GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!* and other indie games to have lots of joy and to make more discussions to our general. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except for namefags
* - not a thing right now because we're on life support, also because that user is gone now

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

stardewmods.com/resources/bachelor-vincent.94/
stardewmods.com/resources/yandere-jas-a-bachelorette-mod.97/
stardewmods.com/resources/jas-marriage-mod-pink-violet-edition-custom-portraits-everywhere.86/
youtube.com/watch?v=S1zHOweY148
youtube.com/watch?v=_GoLDgZpPag
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't you dare go the route of /lite/, /indie/

Alright, so I'm working on my LISA the painful mod.
I've already made most of the shit characters usable in one way or another, but how do I give them the joy withdrawal thing?

>/indie/ dying

PERCHED AT THE VERY PRECIPICE OF OBLIVION

americans are sleeping

>DD

Speaking of, I sent a bunch of level 0 guys in a no torch run. It's pretty much better to just dismiss all of these guys rather than treat them right?

Is this a viable strategy for gaining gold, just sending level 0's with no torches into short dungeons?

Man they couldn't give this guy a different pose for when he's at a campfire? This is just his absolution pose and looks nothing like he's resting.

So, I just beat Fran Bow
Got some heavier than usual feels during it, but could someone give me a quick run-down of what actually happened?
Was it real or is it all some 2deep4u metaphor?

Fuck u

#%$& you

To the user from last thread, There was a glitch preventing you from getting the best ending.

I'm sending out an update in a few minutes which should fix that

2deep4u metaphor

>get the name of a indie game
>change one of the words for "Nigger"
LISA the Nigger

what if the game only has one word?

Mortis Ghost's Nigger

>Nigger planet

Hotline Miami 2: The Wrong Nigger

Niggertale
Yume Niggy
Risk of Niggers
FTR: Faster than Niggers
Nuclear Nigger
The life of a Nigger is often fraught with conflict
Niggerwell
NOT A NIGGER
Crypt of the NiggerDancer

Benis

>Niggertale

I could use those fucking noses to shave

Darkest Nigger

Nigger Story

Nigger Fate
Last Nigger
.nigger
The Binding of Nigger
Brothers: A Tale of Two Niggers
Cave Nigger
Nigger City Rampage
Super Nigger Boy

Hand of Nigger
La-Niggera
Mark of the Nigger
Psychonigger
Tyrone the suicidal Nigger
Don't Nigger
Dust: An Elysian Nigger
Battleblock Nigger
Nigger Game
Foul Nigger

uhhh, are we this desperate?

Yes

He doesn't rest
He seeks absolution
That's his thing

Holy fuck so despite being a conglomerate of dead generals we can't garner enough people to stay alive?
Fucking Japanese hentai games have enough people to maintain TWO generals on a pretty lively basis

Is there a lewd bottom half to this? Everyone in the lower row looks like theyre getting dicked

Post hidden gem mods

stardewmods.com/resources/bachelor-vincent.94/
stardewmods.com/resources/yandere-jas-a-bachelorette-mod.97/
stardewmods.com/resources/jas-marriage-mod-pink-violet-edition-custom-portraits-everywhere.86/

Is No Man's Sky indie?

That's...actually a good question.

Fug u midson

Nop
They look like fish with those triangle noses.

>the whitest one that's closest to a normal human being is the bad guy
subtle

Which one are you referring to

the edgelord proably

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

Does anyone have a torrent or download for Strawberry Cubes? Can't find one on kickass.

Downwell hard mode is silly.
Levitate style is overpowered.
Even when I purposely break my combos at 25 to maximize health pickups I somehow end up with a 94-hit combo by the end of Limbo 3.

Holy shit that's great.

Is Downwell a practice makes perfect kind of a game?
I haven't gotten to the third stage yet and every time I tried to play it, my controller ran out of batteries.

Never-mind, I'm a fucking idiot who doesn't know how to google.

>Is Downwell a practice makes perfect kind of a game?
Yeah, I'd say it is. I started about 2 days ago and I could barely string together a 10-hit combo on normal mode back then.

>every time I tried to play it, my controller ran out of batteries
Get a wired controller, then.

youtube.com/watch?v=S1zHOweY148

Arm spin style is better desu

Post indie big guys

hol up why is Frisk and Chara human?
Why is Asriel almost darker than his mom if his dad's a white cis gay trans

dead

DEAD!

nobody except the creator knows what it means, same with off.
in my opinion it's basically saying that what we as humans perceive is not always the only way to perceive something
or maybe just don't take drugs
or do, I don't know

Because tumblr.

Test

It's working, man.

Anyone working on a game?

No u

I've had a couple of ideas in my mind for almost a year but I doubt they will ever become real.

But I'm just half assing mine with crappy art.

tell us your ideas user

Have you done any concept art? I wanna see if you have if you don't mind.

Acrual spoilers inbound
I don't know, the ending just seemed really shitty and rushed
The whole game there were all these cryptic messages and shit, and the constant question of whether or not it's real and what's actually happening hanging over my mind and at the end when Mr. Midnight stops talking and the aunt kills him and Fran gets shot it seemed like it was all coming to a head, and then suddenly hey, Fran's buddies come save the day and skellington guy and the cat aren't dead and they went away to live in Ithersta and they all lived happily ever after, the end, and nothing really got answered
Who attacked the fluffy dragon guy in the first place? How is the skellington guy not dead? Did Fran actually kill her parents? Why did goat skull guy even want the stones? Was the cat in the grave the real Mr. Midnight?
I could keep going on, but when the ending came I was expecting some answers and loose ends to be tied up and for it all to finally come together but that didn't happen, it's like there's a whole chapter of the game missing

Mother fucker the Brigands in Darkest Dungeon are the toughest shits in the game, slice and dice crits on at least one person half the time.

So I thought of some pointers that might help you in case you're still struggling.
(Disclaimer: I've only been playing this game for a couple of days, so if I say anything blatantly wrong someone else please correct me.)

First of all, at the bare minimum, you need to be able to consistently string together combos of at least 25 hits. If you can't do this, you'll never get anywhere in Downwell. Practice comboing in the Caverns WITHOUT TAKING DAMAGE as much as you can. Get used to intentionally whiffing shots for extra air time as you line up your next hit. (This would be a good opportunity to aim for the 100-hit combo achievement.) And if you're not aware yet, landing in a time void will not break your combo as long as you jump out of it.

Once you're good enough to do this, there are a few different ways to play Downwell:
>survival run (just get to the end)
>max gems run
>max combo run (that is, maintain your combo for the entire run)
>speed run

Since your main priority right now is just surviving to the end, you want to intentionally break your combos after 25 as much as possible. This is because a 25-hit combo heals you for one HP, but combo rewards do not scale after 25. So a 250-hit combo actually gives the exact same amount of health as a 25-hit combo (1 HP).
In fact, if your priority is survival, you'd be better off doing ten 25-hit combos than one 250-hit combo, since you'd gain 10 HP total.

Also, ammo reload on gem pickup is a god-tier upgrade. Pick this and you will never run out of ammo mid-combo. Ever.

>I don't know, the ending just seemed really shitty and rushed
I completely agree
I didn't play it recently so I don't remember all the details that much, but I think the ending implied that Fran actually died and had a never-ending dream with her friends.
That or she was dead all along and got out of a nightmare.

The Hamlet is pretty comfy when the suns out.

I hear that some have interpreted the ending with the friends as symbolism of Fran being taken to the hospital in an ambulance or something along those lines.

Whats that one indie game that never came out

Omori

The one I made.

Loli with hats
the game is lookinf pretty fucking good tho

How the fuck do I get up here

Also Super House of the Dead Ninjas is like a dollar and it's pretty gud

was he gay?

CUUUUTE

That one strategy RPG that was going to have Yasumi Matsuno

>dancing with a girl
>"was he gay?"

maybe he is a girl

Do we know the character's gender?

plague knight is a guy, Mona refers to him as such

awww, but it would be cuter if PK was a girl

Oh wel.....

His name is literally "Starfucker"

youtube.com/watch?v=_GoLDgZpPag

I like Turing's voice. It has the Brave Little Toaster androgyny. It's cool to see Jim Sterling and Dan Ryckert part of the voice cast as well. Also, the voice actor for the narrator looks like he belongs in 2064.

But I don't think I'd want ROM to have voices. I read faster than an actor says lines. There are very few occasions where I prefer voice acting.

There will be an option to turn off the voice acting

>play Darkest Dungeon
>Crusader has Gambler and Known Cheat
>Not enough money for the sanitarium because of a previous failed quest and because this was my first run and I was very bad at spending

Is he afflicted? If not you can take a Jester on a camping trip and reduce his stress by 30, and the Crusader has another ability that reduces his stress by 45. I think with encouragement from another party member+food you can get his stress pretty low if not to zero

I wonder why those new knight campaigns are taking so long. It's not like they're making totally new levels, just redesigning old ones.

Well Plague Knight had new sprites, music, new bosses, new areas, nevermind designing and balancing the character, coming up with a campaign that fits in line with the existing story of Shovel Knight...lot more than just redesigning old levels. Even just making a character with as much variety as plague knight probably takes a while especially with how much more complex he his than Shovel Knight.

>Rain World's release date got pushed to 2017
Nooooo. It's gonna go into never ever territory at this rate.

I actually started over since too many of my party members were afflicted, including 2 of them who were selfish
My new run though I've rather well off, money and stress wise.

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.

Looks pretty neat. Shame it's not going to be out for awhile.

It's going to come out at least.

Lamulana 2

>Zoe Quinn
ReeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeshe's sort of an okay voice actress surprisinglyEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Fair enough, I havent played it in a while and my memory is a bit hazy but I'll take your word on it.

Yup, the setting and premise is what really sold me out on it. I just find it fascinating seeing nature adapting to circumstances like that.

It also helps that it looks real pretty desu