/owg/ Overwatch General

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1uOqymySz22QFhC6S19HPb8WKJBDNd3ILj679bW2Sk

>The Oversheet (Damage values and other numbers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Stats and Leaderboards (Unofficial)
masteroverwatch.com

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ap-RGMayeI
youtube.com/watch?v=N3kkNfH4yco
strawpoll.me/10592257
youtube.com/watch?v=yyAQbdmk2nk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone actually bought 250 Loot Boxes:
youtube.com/watch?v=4ap-RGMayeI

Can i get that webm of D.Va playing on consoles against shits, where her mech gets destroyed and 5 enemies simultaneously can't kill her and she calls her mech back, knocks roadhog off the cliff and goes away?

Why do I get matched with absolute retards today? Is it because I am also retarded?

Forced 50.

r8 m3 f4m

>Reaper on Gibraltr

Jesus fucking Christ playing him on defense here is literally easy mode.

Because Blizzard seem to have done what Dota 2 did which was to have largely imbalanced team so that the matchmaking proccess is greatly accelerated.

It'd be nice if there was an option for players to willingly have longer que times for more balanced games. The stomps either way are starting to get boring now.

My new hobby is baiting Torb players by implying they have no skill. They bite

every

fucking

time

The minimum requirement to play a game of Overwatch is a team of 6. Whatever you think you're doing playing solo queue, it's certainly not Overwatch.

Reminder that apparently it's perfectly okay for Symmetra to be statistically ridiculously overpowered because "dude thats all she does just kill le teleporter XD"

>getting 5 gold star with roadhog
I luv this hero.

>watch OW trailer about the museum
>hate how Tracer won't stop giggling
>get the game
>never play Tracer
>one of the first boxes has Tracer potg intro where she laughs
>few boxes later I get the laughing emote for Tracer

fucking zarya gutting when

i am so tired of this fucking whore getting fed charge by my useless team and suddenly she does more damage than a fucking point black reaper landing headshots

>Play Mercy
>Fuckstain Tracer spends all game behind my team harassing me
>Nobody turns around or even attempts to deal with her
>When I try to fight her if she takes damage she runs to the nearest health pack then re-engages me
What the fuck do I do? This is infuriating

>play alot of roadhog
>try to hook people as they move through door ways
>always miss even if over 50% of them are visible
>well guess it's just a luck thing and server side issue
>put another 50 hours into the game
>constantly watch enemy roadhogs hook me through walls and curved corners and other stupid shit

How do you get good with Hanzo without playing him?

Pharah

My problem with Zenyatta is that randoms usually don't even realise that i'm there and as a result never protects me, leaving me wide open for the enemy team to destroy.

switch to Lucio

not even kidding, if your team won't stop her then it's too much trouble to deal with

warn your team mates that a tracer will begin to molest them from behind because you're about to leave and find a better game

remember to heal your tanks, mercy players

>Torb is getting a 30% reduction in Turret damage on Consoles
>Not simply increasing their lock on time on consoles to account for shitty controller aiming.

Stop posting this ugly fucker

How is it even possible to be this autistic

>Open loot box
>three purples fly out
>game found

Why

>Mercy is 37
>Pharah is 32
>Tracer is 26

How come Pharah was the only one too young to join Overwatch? Would have made more sense if she were still in her 20s.

youtube.com/watch?v=N3kkNfH4yco

>Play Tech Support on Numbani defense
>Attackers push to last
>Say fuck it and keep playing Symettra
>Get tele, enemy gets wiped by a Zarya/Hanzo combo
>Put tele over in the right hand building stairwell so my team has an easy little flank
>Our Reaper takes the tele and IMMEDIATELY calls in all chat for me to be reported for "troll tele"
>Ask him exactly what the fuck he's talking about
>"The tele doesn't go to the cart"
>Why would it go to the cart when our spawn is right fucking there
>"If you take the tele and they're on the cart we lose cause no one's on the cart, it should go near the cart"
>You don't HAVE to take the tele
>"report for troll"
>Spend 5 minutes explaining how flanking works to our REAPER
>Our team is trying to awkwardly tell him they don't mind the tele location

I probably deserve it for playing Symmetra on last but Jesus tapdancing Christ.

>mfw some fucking Hanzo gets the play of the game every fucking game

They're never even impressive plays

I told user to enjoy the game and he did it, the absolute madman

You have to play Tracer, user. It is your destiny

>potg
>it's the same potg you would have gotten as zarya but it's the guy that ulted on top of it

>which golds are you gonna buy, assuming we'll only be able to afford 1-2 per season?
You assume that they'll be available after the season is over. Blizzard will probably retire them and then release a whole new set of golds. Or silver. Or platinums. etc.

I really want to grind ranked for gold weapons but I don't really want to spend 300 e-peen creds per weapon if they're just going to retire their availability after the season's over.

And even if they're available indefinitely, there's nothing stopping Blizzard from releasing a new set of weapons every three months for 300+ wins each. Even if I win 100%, that's still 900-1500 rounds of games per weapon. Even if we're assuming 5 minute rounds, that's 75 hours to 250 hours of play time. Double if we're assuming 50% winrate. If I put my several years' worth of Dota into ranked (according to Steam), then I'd have...6-12 gold weapons.

Blizzard really fucked everyone in the ass with the 300 credit price tag, even if you're only meant to have one gold weapon at the most. I should've seen it coming when they unveiled the loot box system.

QUICK /OWG/

strawpoll.me/10592257

torb buffs when

"I have a main" fags are the ruin of this game.
And I don't mean playing one hero more than others - that's normal, I pick Symmetra very often, the issue is with the fucks that will always pick "that hero" no matter the team's composition.

It's so fucking EASY to win in this game, but people DON'T want to.
Today I've just had another one of these episodes:
Hollywood attack. Team is pretty okay-ish, except for a Widow (Widow in attack is fucking useless unless you're a quake pro or you already know the enemy team and want to shut down particular heroes. In pub matches it never works 99% of the time because this is never the case, widow pickers just want to be the sniper)

Then our support, Lucio, leaves. I just switch to Mercy then. Another guy joins. He instalocks Tracer - a SECOND Tracer. Guess what happens? Both tracers are shitters, Widow sits back, takes pot shots and dies, our only tank and me struggle to penetrate their defenses and whenever we do we can't hold the point because the two tracers can't hold shit and widow is somewhere else. so we're playing with 3 heroes less, pretty much.
I beg them to change. with 60 seconds left, Widow switches to D.Va, one of the Tracers picks Reaper to help our McCree. Guess what fucking happens? We capture 90% of the point but then we run out of time.

We would have fucking won easily, but nooo, let's pick like absolute shitters. 90% of the times, an attack team needs 2 tanks, 1 Mercy/Lucio, 2 attackers/flankers, 1 anything depending on situation, nobody seems to understand this, even after level 100. Why.
I hate life.

>increase lock on time
>peeking turrets with pharah/widow/whoever is now literally free
Retard

Stick with the main "Ball" of your group, i.e. the especially tanky fellows. Manage your positioning so they're usually always between you and the bad guys.

Zenyatta is usually always played best when your team has a Reinhardt and a Lucio or a Mercy, though. Hide behind Rein's shield and throw Discord on enemy tanks and high-priority targets, and introduce your balls to people's faces.

This game is odd, it's really fun at first but once you care a bit about it and winning it becomes incredibly frustrating since at the end of the day every character has some bullshit "lol i got a freekill" skill.

Best example is Mei, she is completely fucking worthless and probably the worst character in the game yet not a single person likes playing against her because she's frustration personified.

I wish Symmetra's teleport would show a location I'm getting teleported to instead of that blue fog. It's difficult to judge whether you should teleport or not when you don't know where it leads.

Blame mobas

Having a main you try to solo carry with is a common practice there

>team barely manages to win on attack or defense
>then gets completely shit on for the other side

why are so many people only barely competent at one side of this game?

I'm one of those and I will ruin your ranked games.
There's no system in place to stop me too.

>get matched against some washed up Quake pros

Feels good.

look at his ping in the corner, he's got 3ms of lag. Clearly that's the problem.

No they didn't. They're playing the same clip of them opening a box over and over.

Best skin
Best highlight

Zen Orbs for sure.

Not sure about the second. Depends on what Hero I end up playing the most by that time.

Is there a source to see which characters are getting new skins this summer?

I noticed her gun is perfect, it does good damage against armor and shields

likely her beam will get guttered for some kind of hitscan cannon shot

template?

>not the camera correction one

You get a "payout" of Comp Points at the end of every season too. They don't only come from wins.

I think I'm going to be a huge faggot and start playing genji in literally every match until I'm good at him.

Anyone got the clip of lucio moving extremely hihg speed very fast against this guy?

>support
>ruining anything
As long as you don't go to KotH, you're fine.

mei is so utterly cancer holy shit

she is so fucking terrible and always ends up losing the game but god damn there isn't a more annoying sack of shit in the entire fucking game

No you won't because I'm not in the shitter tier MMR

Not Vishkar, i can agree on the highlight though

How do black people feel about Lucio

Are there any nigras who play overwatch

Do they want to fuck white overwatch girls or brown ones

Anyone got some tips for getting good with Tracer? She's my waifu but I only have a 42% win rate with her

>wah I don't want a hard counter
oh his turret is already shit against armor heroes.

well I guess

lel, then you should see mei when they realize that you can place walls on the payload

Absolutely unstoppable.

I'll catch up to your MMR one day and ruin your games too.

Was interested about this as well

Which characters are going to get new skins?

She was 27 when they disbanded and maybe her mom wanted her to go through the military first? Tracer is probably stuck at that age because of time shenanigans but her bio also makes it a point of how she was the youngest ever to be accepted into Overwatch's experimental flight program.

Blinks are for mad jukes

Shoot people at point blank because Tracer's damage has some really drastic fall-off at a surprisingly short range

Always try to headshot

Play with her lots and lots and lots and lots and also play with her a bunch.

>this even being a question

Gold pepe lucio is shit. The silver frog one at least has some sort of aesthetic balance.

youtube.com/watch?v=yyAQbdmk2nk

you know that doesnt stop the payload right?

you know I'm talking about attack right

post cute comics please!!

If you exclusively play one hero, even if it is Mercy, you will not catch up.

I want to play with tracer if you know what I mean

No. There's nothing about which characters will get new ones or even when new skins will show up other than "this summer".

>it's a your team wins first round of koth then gets slaughtered the next two because everyone but you apparently doesn't know you're allowed to switch heroes episode

Unless you're shit at Mercy, you can't fuck up too badly by permalocking mercy. It means someone else in the team will switch.

With anything else, maybe not Lucio? Good fucking luck. I want to play Tracer, I haven't been able to in 50 hours of gameplay because there isn't a single match where people don't instalock her or too many attackers to be useful. Sometimes I manage to when I play with friends.

We'll see!

Considering I have a 70% winrate and I literally do nothing. I'm pretty sure I have a method to just automatically get there.

Junkrat is FUN FUN FUN

I'm trying to become effective with D.VA, but I can't get a handle on what does and does not get blocked by Defense Matrix.

Anyone here good with her and have some tips?

how is that possible

I can't think of a game that the teammates would just allow a hard counter to their professional main heal jobber

>imb4 5 hanzo 1 mercy

Well I have 86 hours on her so yeah I've been playing her a fair bit

Also
>Tracer

Junkrat is the only guy I can play and have fun 100% of the time even when losing

I used to feel that way about Tracer but man she just gets instagibbed by so many things nowadays.

Why would black people care about Brazilians?

At least they would be preoccupied with peeking.

Now they can just walk in and deal with it while being fired upon because 30% is a fucking huge reduction.

Tanks can flat out ignore the turrets if they want.

i just dont want to change
if i have decided to play hanzo this game, im playing hanzo this game

yeah what game would EVER put in turrets that have a lock time kappa xd :PP

"I spent tons of cash just for you guys, couldn't have done it without you, now watch this video so I can recoup my money spent!
"

>Junkrat is the only guy I can play and have fun 100% of the time even when losing

my nigga

>hanzo is a sniper
???

Ok guys, I need help. It always takes more than five minutes to find a match as a solo player when the average is like 20 seconds. I've disabled skirmishes and I'm still a low enough rank so finding matches shouldn't be an issue.

Region is Europe. I've been looking around but nobody seems to share the same problem. It's fucking annoying as hell.

>tfw solo queue players are trying hard in my game

Nigga I have a 6-stack for when I want to strategize and try hard and win the objective. If I'm solo queueing with your retarded ass I'm just here to practice shooting arrows, win or lose.

>so little Lucio time
do you hate fun?

Tracer is an outlier and shouldn't be counted when talking about the overwatch timeline.

Are Genji mains always like this?

>7 million players
>Can't find a match

BASED