Wage slavery

How do people manage to live a wage slave life?

Had my first day at office yesterday (intern), that really sucks. Literally making millions for someone else while he pays you as low as he can, wasting all your time and energy on a boring routine proccess. Please explain how the fuck one is supposed to survive this. I am 19, if you wanna know.

Bump

You get used to it.

How the fuck someone gets used to be a cuck?

>I am 19
In 5 years you'll get it

Yes, it sucks. That's why so many people on here are trying to get good at day trading or something else.

The best way to survive it, in my opinion: find something you're passionate about outside of work and pursue it. Have goals and achieve them. Night school, night work, whatever.

But to answer your question more directly: a lot of people are 100% okay with that because they want to put in the minimum effort in life. They trade success and difficulty for comfort and mediocrity.

That's not the definition of a cuckhold. There's no marriage or sex involved (usually). Stop browsing /b/ and /pol/ so much you underage idiot.

How the fuck someone gets used to waste his life? To get mortgage? To drink cheap beer on fridays? To wait for the holiday to take a little rest?

Only could do it for 1.5 years, then came a mental breakdown.
I'm sure there are a lot of jobs where you don't hate yourself everyday,
but my first job fucked me for good.

Having a goal for the money you'd be making or for advancement is how people are successful in the workplace. Thinking "This is what I'm going to do for this same amount of money for the rest of my life" will crush your soul.

>Not doing your routine on autopilot while building your side Veeky Forums
You'll never be Tyler Durden without corporate sponsorship

>making millions for someone else
Do you realize that he'd be making approximately the same amount if your useless ass wasn't there?

>Literally making millions for someone else
>a boring routine proccess
I don't think you understand business.
You probably make him about $100 more than you cost.

>How do people manage to live a wage slave life?

Because they have no other option?

It's just something you have to do, not everyone can be a successful businessman or live like a NEET.

The vast majority of society have to work a traditional job, or be a "cuck" as you call it in order for the economy to functional.

Who makes the added value than?

What?

Added value. That's the difference between production price and final price.

I started saving for my retirement asap. Starting my masters soon and, hopefully, will move from 61k to ~80k in two years. I'm then gonna get a second job, and only spend money from that second job while maxing out all my retirement accounts on an S&P fund that pays 4.5% dividends. Once I get 500k saved up, I'll make 25k off dividends which I could use to comfortably retire. I might, however, just take it easy and only work a relaxed job for 15-20 hours a week after I save up 500k.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Do you actually think the work of a single 19-year-old intern with no education is worth millions?

It was the only way I could see myself being able to live alone

I absolutely despise living with other people, so the cuckery is worthwhile

I'm not clever or normie enough to be successful outside of wageslavery, so it's my only choice.

I've been working the last 8 years of my life in fast food and manufacturing jobs.

You just sorta... give up. I realized that others are just better than me, and that I'm worthless.

It's just how it is ;-;

Yup. Any self respecting man will either start his own business or work as a freelancer. Only cuckolds work to make someone else rich.

>Literally making millions for someone
>intern

This is what coffee wranglers actually believe.

>It was the only way I could see myself being able to live alone
>I absolutely despise living with other people, so the cuckery is worthwhile

This is the case for most people.

Yeah yeah 99% of the world are cuckolds. Even the people making $200k/yr working for someone like a "cuck"

Only your brilliant $20k/yr freelancing "business" is genius right?

>99% of the world are cuckolds
Yep.

Ye the only non cuckolds are on Veeky Forums's world renowned business board

I Kek'd

First day at my second job. The worst part is interacting with other wagecucks for me. Really draining. How do others get by ?

They're cool but each ones weird in there own way. They all are horrible to be around because they drive you deeper into wagecuckism. Besides the owner, she gives really good advice.

if you don't have capital that's all you get from life if you have useful skills if not even that you can only be welfare nigger or a crack whore.

>work to make someone else rich
where is this meme coming from?
a healthy corporation is beneficial to all involved. people can achieve things together they couldn't alone and the investors take huge risks with their money and that is why they get more of the profit. you don't risk shit when you apply for work at a company in fact it's the safest move for you to do. but for an investor to invest in something is a huge huge risk that can push him back years or decades in the game.
how could the two even compare?

what this guy said

You can escape if you have a middle class salary and save enough. Still takes about a decade or more. At least for the most passive route of saving 50-80% and investing into index funds. That's what I'm pursuing.

No idea. I did it for 1 year and fucking hated it. Like soul crushing depression and anxiety. I would rather do manual labor for $12/hr than work in an office, making $25+/hr.

I quit and started my own business.

I have been thinking about this for months. I recently got babby's first job programming and I thought I'd be happy. Money, secure job, out into the real world, etc.

But when I think that this will be the rest of my life...doing the same thing day after day, not really having time for anything... I get crazy depressed. I can't imagine how people are satisfied like this.

I don't know what to do. Fuck

I just want to save enough to buy some acres and become a farmer. Gotta have an end game or your life as a wagecuck will crush your soul.

>boss is so cucked he has no life outside of work, work is his entire existence
>and he can't see past it
>will probably pass away in 10-20 years and his tombstone will say
>"hard worker, showed up to the same job for 30 years, we already found a replacement"

he didn't say he was important, the point here is the work he is doing is amounting to much more than what he gains, even if he is not actually important per se

But he's ignoring the risk factor, when his boss opened the business he took a very large risk, and he might also still be under risk, many business owners risk losing everything in a bad tide

>be me
>be 23
>habe 9-5 mon-fri job i got from mechE degree
>make close to 75k/yr from that
>have old job at grocery store from years ago (since ive been there so long my raises have me making 14/hr)
>work there friday evenings and saturdays, extra ~7k yr also i get discount on groceries

it helps when you like your jobs OP. I honestly like working more than freetime, but to be fair my freetime usually goes to hanging out with coworkers from either jobs or sleeping/working out

it does suck being a young man and working 2 jobs (i just love the money, no debts or rent since i live with parents). but to be fair you need to take time off, even if you dont have a big vacation coming up. some of my coworkers at my mechE job like to take one friday off a month, i might start doing that to break up the pace.

>work a retail job for awhile, this teaches you the importance of getting a degree and not being stuck in retail your whole life
>work job that requires degree for awhile, this teaches you the importance of making millions/billions with some idea so you dont have to be stuck working in the office your whole life

im hoping theres still a lot of money to be made in app development

>>boss is so cucked he has no life outside of work, work is his entire existence
I am worried that I might become this when I am working an actually decent job because I don't have a social life or hobbies. All I do now is go to my classes and piddle around at home.

>>work a retail job for awhile, this teaches you the importance of getting a degree and not being stuck in retail your whole life

This is good in other ways too. I thought going into college that I would not want to pursue an education that would lead to a career where much of the work is done on a computer. After working a factory job over the summer I am completely satisfied with being in an engineering program now.

>get paid 30 grand a year
>make 70 grand for the company
>???only collecting 40% of the value you create is fair
gb2reddit, this board is for business owners and investors

not cuckolds.

>like working more than having free time
Jesus user get a hobby. I don't exactly make anywhere near what you make but I'm content with what I'm doing now until I figure out something better. That said I value my free time over overtime any day.

what are your hobbies?

i like to play vidya, lots of old games from over the years i can play. but those get boring.

I tried picking up a few instruments. other hobbies are a little expensive. maybe ill try cooking

>index funds
You'll never get rich with grandpa tier investments.
Go all in on Bitcoin and pray to satoshi that it goes to 100k as it should. Or keep being a low risk low reward FAGGOT.

I enjoy vidia too but I do content creation in that. I have a small following that gets me money to fund better equipment for my stream, even though I make plenty enough from work to buy stuff.

If you insist on working, find a hobby you can effectively monetize. I also build PC's for coworkers and I really enjoy doing it.

Things like woodworking Come to mind. You can make your own furniture or simple devices like cup holders.

>pays you as low as he can
He pays you as much as your job is worth, do you really think you are worth much when you do something nearly everybody else can do?

And i very much doubt YOU are making him millions, rather his company and a large chain of people and connections which he created from nothing and has to maintain, manage and pay for.
If you honestly think your labour is worth millions, quit tomorrow and start working for yourself so you can become a millionaire, hahahahaha.

>i am 19
I was smarter than this at 19.

99% of entrepeneurs end up being cucks of themselves

the only exception is internet passive income and business big enough that they "run themselves"

holy fuck this so much
It seems like everyone just has this one weird quality about them, out of everyone I interact with only 3 are actually enjoyable

Pretty much this.

Eventually OP will grow up and realize that his life is worth more and is more pleasant as a tiny cog in a big uncaring machine than as a free spirit starving in the street, that some companies/jobs/bosses are dicks and some are generous and the sweet spot of life is finding something you can tolerate that pays enough for you to be happy in your free time.

cope

adsense ad revenue or death

be an hero. there is no other way out

>he thinks his presence makes his boss millions

if your efforts are single handedly making millions, you should start your own business doing exactly the same thing for yourself

but it doesn't, so you can't

Welcome to talking to normal people, you stupid fucks. Everybody's weird and being surprised about that shows how sheltered or out of touch you are

>adsense ad revenue or death

then it'll probably be death because you aint making more than $20/month

>intern
>making millions for someone else while he pays you as low as he can

nigga how the hell did you manage to swing a PAID internship????

Wage life is as carefree as renting a home.

If you own a home, shit can go wrong. You have to pay for repairs, property tax, HoA's, insurance, renovations, plus all that equity in one object which can increase or decrease in value... if you rent, you pay each month and that's it. Anything wrong? Phone the office/landlord.

If you are self-employed or own your business, shit can go wrong. You can get sued, lose contracts, eat rising costs, fail, hire idiots, work 100 hour weeks... if you are a wage worker, you turn up, do your shit, then go home. You don't lose sleep thinking about catastrophes.

TLDR - wage worker is easy mode

Yeah I'd keep my foot in the door if I were you. Even 10 years from now if/when you reach your goal, $25k per year won't offer much comfort.

>if you are a wage worker, you turn up, do your shit, then go home

This. It's lower risk and lower reward. As a wagecuck you just show up, do what you need to to a satisfactory level and return home afterwards

>manager schedules me for just under 40 hours so no overtime
Wow I sure am glad $7.75 an hour is enough to live on, at least!!!!

maybe you should've studied in school, huh homie?

I could have studied a little harder, but I think I did okay.
I start school full time soon, and this was the only job I could find that would work around my weird schedule )':

Just think, if everyone studied hard in school then we could all be rich and all live in mansions.

This. He's a child on his first collegiate internship, probably still suckling from the family tit. The only bit that makes it at least marginally forgivable is that he is a child.

Work for the government.
You don't make anybody millions and most likely do absolutely nothing all day.

>only collecting 40% of the value you create is fair
Maybe you should work for a company that gives you 60%.
Or better yet, start your own company and pay everyone 160%.

>cucks of themselves
I don't understand what you mean.

I am starting my own company, and I'm going to pay my employees better than most (though still not anywhere near 100% of their value).

I'm starting at Burger King on Wednesday if I worked there for the rest of my life I would kill myself or, more likely rob people.

I do email marketing from home, use CPAGrip, basically sit around on my ass making $250/day average. Not the most ethical in some cases, but fuck why do I care? Most of it goes straight into my investment portfolio and collects on S&P.

exactly

what's email marketing exactly?

professional spammer

Cool, it's far better than scamming people(though it depends on your offers)
What mail tool you use? Aweber, mailchimp?
Do you send them to your landing page or just straight to the offer?
How do you get mail addresses?

Screw aall other advice dis the truth

cope

brb own 2 homes and parking spots
rent 1 home and parking spots
no need to wagecuck

ehh im 400$ already

That's incredibly sad my nigga, I hope things'll improve for ya.

The 19-year-old intern, no. Someone throws crayons at them and lets the intern think they're doing useful work.

But in finance, say you're 22 and setting up deals, analyzing stocks or managing a credit portfolio. *IF* you're good at it, you could easily be pulling in millions for your company. Or maybe you're a business analyst just looking to skim millions of pennies here and there for your company. If you're fucking amazing, you can pull in millions (or at least hundreds of thousands) more than your competition/coworkers.

And there is the value-add. Not what your work generates, but how much more it generates compared to your competition.

kek true dat. makes things even worse

>Work standard 8.5 hr workday
>On manager track so even though my job is simply my higher ups treat me like a peer instead of an underling
>Make modest wages but good benefits and plenty of room for movement (just started)
>Have plenty of time in the evenings to jerk off or hang out with people.
>Weekends, holidays, PTO to do things I really want to do

Honestly senpai this "wageslavery" thing is really comfy. I lived the NEET life for a few months until they wanted me to start the job, and it turns out that psychologically if you shitpost on Veeky Forums 3 hours a day or if you shitpost on Veeky Forums 10 hours a day, it doesn't make a difference. Why not get paid to live a low-stress lifestyle?

hahahaha thanks for the laugh user, fellow internet marketing oldfag here

>the work he is doing is amounting to much more than what he gains
Not necessarily. For the start of the career, employers tend to invest more in new hires than they get out of them. There's a reason why they want people to be with the firm for a long time. In the long-term, sure. They expect a positive return.

As for OP specifically, it depends on the program. If the intern program is about vetting new hires, it probably operates at a loss. If it's just about getting cheap help, then yeah, he's not getting what he's giving.

>Please explain how the fuck one is supposed to survive this. I am 19, if you wanna know

First of all, working like this is unnatural, we did not evolve for this.

Our biology is not adapted to this shit, but to work outside and have (at least moderate) physical activity daily, so your instincts are ok, modern work, the so called "wageslavery" is completely unnatural and dehumanizing and whoever states otherwise is a fucking rat.
Second, this You just get used to it, it's unnatural and every single cell of your body is repulsed by the idea of being in an office without the wind in your face and giving away your life for some smelly oportunistic son of a bitch, but you adapt because you need the money to eat and have a shelter, as simple as that.

"Do it for her"

Relatively easily. I keep my costs low and live a relatively modest life.

If I ever get lucky or successful, I plan to keep my costs low so my life stays easy

Office jobs are literally makework. Just work that does nothing, in order to keep the middle classes occupied and tell them how to think.
I'm pretty sure that the monitors have subliminal messages on, too.

put tinfoil around them and you should be protected from this freemason-judaist-nato-chinese-reptilian conspiracy ;D

You are in the process of finding things you like to do, by finding all the things you hate to do. I have a job that I like doing. I am still a wage slave though.

Its a meme word like "faggot" the definition has changed to mean "coward" or "someone taken advantage of"

wage slaving is not the way to go. it will lead to a miserable life

i respek u but with compounding interest and IRA's low costindex funds are not grandpa investments. Do you playboy, I'll be invested a lil bit in crypto, index funds + real estate and actually pass along wealth to my offspring and not stress about how shitcoins are doing every day.

Who cares about offspring, its about getting rich during your lifetime, ideally before you are too old.

At least you have something? I'm still in the confusing messy job finding hell.

I dunno , I kind of feel like I'd rather make less and still have whats left of my small amount of sanity and be relatively happy vs being incredibly miserable but earning more basically making all that money pointless because it will never fill that hole.

Muh side biz litterally involves making soap.

#operationdickfarm

>I am 19

I don't see why I should write a well-thought out response to this thread

Mfw i own 2 houses and am STILL wagecuck..

>3 affiliate / adsense websites
>totaling on average 2.5k-3k€ month

Daamn, you're good, that's my goal.
How did you find your niches?

Highest earner is a health / fitness authority site. I'm personally interested in that so I figured to go down that road, even though the competition is real.
To get deeper into the niches, basically lots of creeping around forums, Q&A boards (E.G. Yahoo), Amazon.

I think you're taking him literally. He was exagerating.