/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Don't get it on steam, the launcher has issues, check this very post for better deals Edition.

Elder Thread: >Official news

Dark Brotherhood DLC is out!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/darkbrotherhood
youtu.be/xrIdDh7_TBw

One Tamriel announced:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

First DLC dungeon pack coming soon™:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/21/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-first-look

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>watching vid of a high champ point rank templar
>runs into groups of 8 and kills them all effortlessly
>meanwhile, in the same spot, on a 11 DK
>can't even take 3

So the game has no balance then?

>log in
>camera view is this

>I'm shit
>game must have no balance

> Bitching about only be able to take out two people when playing yourself against several others.
wew lad
It's like the post I saw on the official forums some days ago about nightblades bitching about how long time it took to kill sorcerers.

>if you're good then you can do anything
good meme

You just have to run into enough groups of 8 until you run into a group of 8 retards who let you get away with everything.

Because I find DC the most interesting Other than their first 2 zones.

Such an old map. I really hope ZOS fixes that Skyrim/Morrowind border. I could try to make a new map with the same design in mind.

>play the game in beta like 2 years ago
>finally get around to buying it for $12 today
>cant log in, reset my password
>successfully change my password
>still cant log in, getting "Incorrect UserID or password. Please try again."
>15 minutes later, still getting same error message
>have to log in before you can access the support pages

its like they literally don't want me to play their shit game. maybe they are trying to send me a message.

Maybe you're just retarded for forgetting a password hmmmmmmmmmmm?

>have to log in before you can access the support pages
that has happened to me as well, oh and I didn't have access to the forums either.
Use the "account compromised" option, it's literally your only way of getting support, and even there, you may end up getting a message like this:

Greetings,

We apologize that we have taken so long to get back to you in regards to your issue. Due to high ticket volumes, we will be unable to assist you further with this ticket. We understand this may be frustrating and we are disappointed that we are unable to deliver a Customer Service experience that is up to our desired standards. Below is all the troubleshooting we have available at this time.

Given that I had a similar issue, chances are it's ZOS' fault

this game is pretty shit, I regret resubbing a few days ago

still just a boring grindfest

>if you can't do something that someone else can, it's not your fault

even better meme

alts can wear it but I am pretty sure it only works when the two characters are together.

> Grindfest
How?

but you marry characters or accounts?

You marry the player

after you've done the quests once they're a grind and a chore the second time

pvp is a grind because its always the same, it's a glorified battleground not true open world pvp where the situations are always new

>pvp is a grind because its always the same, it's a glorified battleground not true open world pvp where the situations are always new

dude what
so you're bothered that you're replaying content you yourself chose to replay. And that PvP uses the same map.

There's a lot of shitty thing in ESO but this is just nonsense, I don't see why you'd enjoy any videogame if you don't mind those things.

there are more and more MMOs with a focus on open world PvP and sandbox elements

TESO is a themepark with the tawdry trappings of a sandbox

I have to replay this content because I went nightblade when I need to be templar if I wanted to have the cookie cutter build

epic reaction image /b/ro!!!

are you autistic or retarded?

autarded?

>if you criticize my perfect MMO you're autistic

> It would be slightly more interesting if Haj Mota gave major ward/resolve to your whole group.
I like the idea. It would also open up the amount of people who would be able to take advantage since it benefits the group as a whole, something I imagine would be a great first pickup for someone who just completed their first monster set, no matter if they're tank, healer or dps.

there is plenty to criticise, but your reasoning is idiotic

also, the fact that you're even here if you hate it so much is why I asked if you're autistic

>I have to replay this content because I went nightblade when I need to be templar if I wanted to have the cookie cutter build

Unless you're an endgame healer, every class can do almost everything, Nightblade especially. Anyone who talks about cookie cutter builds in this game is retarded, the only thing you ever -need- is a temp for healing trials, because there is no substitute for Practiced Incantation.

I just wanted to announce my leaving so someone like you would sperg out at the prospect of their general having 1 less person to prevent it from dying

there's some blind fanboys here

I hope you feel well, user

> I have to replay this content because I went nightblade when I need to be templar if I wanted to have the cookie cutter build
No, you could have picked another faction to play.

so how is this game for a PVP only player? that RvRvR thing working?

>RvRvR thing working

what RvRvR thing?

But PvP is doing good. But it's pretty much a must to be in a dedicated PvP guild for coordination. Going at it solo can be difficult.

what, are you talking a 11 level DK? PvP or PvE?
t. not understander

isnt it 3 teams fighting each other?

I'm not saying ESO is shit, it's the best themepark on the market right now. It's got just enough innovation to attract people and just enough grind/treadmill style gameplay to ensure the investors who gave this game a huge budget for CGI trailers etc were forthcoming with the funds.

Quests were fun the first time 2 years ago, but they're extremely repetitive. Changing zones is just changing the color palette and aesthetics. After you begin to view the pre-endgame PvE as a boring grind and the endgame as just another treadmill for gear and other unlocks all you have is PvP.

PvP fails for the same reason GW2's pvp fails. They know people want massive open world PvP fights, but instead of integrating PvP properly into their game world they just consign it to a single zone or area. They create a painfully symmetrical map for it and have the bulk of it revolving around castle siege and defense. Problem is players don't design these castles at all, can't contribute to their defenses, all players can do is garrison them and build siege weapons.

It's all so tiresome because there are so few sandbox elements. I can think of 10 MMOs with better PvE and PvP. ESO has succeeded only in being the jack of all trades wrapped up in a fashionable and profitable IP.

There's a reason these generals only live for a week or two before dying again

yes it is, I didn't recall what RvRvR stood for

good job repeating the same shit that's been said in these generals countless times

good job with the reflexively butthurt response

It's a constant 3-way war between the factions on the Cyrodiil mainland. You can in theory join the Alliance war at level 10 and not leave even thou you probably will since there's a lot of non-pvp quests that gives you skill points, points you use to learn new skills.

The battles varies. Sometimes there's something like 40 vs 40 people all battling it out over a single bridge, until the 3rd faction sets up siege weapons and gank squads to fuck over both factions at the same time. Sometimes you're doing quests in the PvP area or look for skyshards (3 of these grants you a skillpoint) that sends you to a cave, and you'll hear another player in front of you. You crouch, trying to avoid getting spotted, and see an enemy player trying to take down a boss. You patiently wait until they're both at fairly low health, then you drink a potion that boosts your damage and make short work of both of them,

But that's when it's at its best. Sometimes you just spend 30 mins dying, travelling from your respawn, only to die again because xxXDUNM3R-DKXxx killed you halfway to the battle.

>I can think of 10 MMOs with better PvE and PvP

I'm interested

>better PvE
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Wildstar
Vanilla WoW private servers

>better PvP
Darkfall
Dark Age of Camelot
Planetside 2
TERA
ArcheAge
Black Desert Online
EVE

don't forget to mention that 90% of the time you'll be fighting in the same exact spots with no variation

> don't forget to mention that 90% of the time you'll be fighting in the same exact spots with no variation
Sure, if all your PvP experience consist of logging in for 2 straight and never touch it again.

Every time you log off, the following day all your castle gains will have been retaken unless you play on a dead campaign.

90% of the time you're fighting for the same 6 or 7 forts. Zergs never really do anything other than fight along the direct route to and from these forts, or at the forts themselves.

Cyrodill is huge yet for 80% of the land, other players are a rarity, and you'll only find people looking for lorebooks, grind spots or shards.

>All these stupid nignogs liking something I don't
>Better go to their general to tell them how fucking RETARDED they are
>Fucking fangays disagreeing with me, I bet they're just shills

This thread right now is pretty top quality stuff.

Good job my lad.

>p-please don't criticize my perfect MMO

you realize you're just proving his point?

Did you know you can play and enjoy a game and be able to critize it?

This is bullshit. Get a few people and start a siege at a remote locations and enemies will pour in trying to stop you. If you have spent 90% of your PvP time attacking the same 6 or 7 forts you've join a zerg that's hell-bent on making sure their leader get crowned emperor and thus only focusing on 1/3 of the keeps then you only yourself to blame. Zergs focusing on getting the Elder Scrolls will focus on the other 2/3 of the keeps, join them instead. Or start a small group. Or wait until August when they've added the IC-style PvP to cities.

Hey guys, I enjoy ESO.

Me too

Anyone have a Reshade preset to recommend?

i want to make a 2h warrior type guy in heavy armor. am i limited only to tanking or is it possible to dps?

it's possible to do whatever, but you won't be competitive in veteran endgame

2h is for dps, heavy armor is for tank

you can see how that combo isn't really optimal

so what would be optimal? 2h and medium armor? i've never played before and i'm trying to figure out what's up while it's installing.

I do, however the PvE content is poorly balanced, so are the classes, and I suspect that both the devs and their costumer support is severely understaffed. If it wasn't because the dungeons being fun, the dynamics and excellent controller support when you've the right addons I would probably look at other mmo's.

It's possible but not optimal. I would say it's very doable to do end-game dungeons with it but you're forced to work harder than someone with 2h and medium armour for the same result. 2h and medium armour will turn you into a dps beast, no matter what class you pick.

2h and medium would work

basically it goes like this

light armor - magicka build
medium armor - stamina build
heavy armor - health build (tank)

of course, that doesn't mean that all of your gear needs to be one type. depending on how you build, it could end up as a mix of all

good to know, thanks.

>queue for a dungeon with randoms
>say hello
>nobody answers
>sweep through dungeon without a challenge
>say thank you
>nobody answers

do i exist anymore? am i playing with other human beings? was it always like this?

>transcription errors

Gaem is, was, and will be shit

I like ice cream.

>tfw fighting against your own alliance because you wanted to play a stam dk
>that awkard moment when you kill someone on your friends list
FORGIVE ME MOTHERLAND

if I have an active 60 day eso+, can I add another one while the old one still hasn't expired?

I want a wolf mount, but don't want to buy crowns seperately

Couldn't agree more, and I'm sure you agree with me when I say that Morrowind is shit for pulling the same and even worse stuff.

>have ESO+
>don't care about costumes or mounts
What do I spend these crowns on?

>85 gig download

god damn it i just want to play

I'm saving them for the day when I for one reason or another won't be subscribing so I can buy the DLC's I want.

give it to me nigger

Best part about the last episode pf ESO live was probably jewelry-crafting and battlegrounds being worked on.

Anyone else make an alt for each different profession's material storage?

Stamplar or magplar?

No we just use craft bags. I swear it's the only reason to sub for this game, it changes everything.

Oh man. That sounds super useful. Do you get to keep them after sub ends?

I think you can still access the bag but you can't put anything in to it if you don't have plus.

Sort of. You keep em, but you can only take stuff out of em, not in em.

>em

I know you know the answer

chat might be hidden for them user

if i pug a dungeon the only thing i will say is tyfg.

Ask for forgot account name - it might not be what you think it is.

stamplars only use 2 class skills
the best have only pulled 30-35k

magplars can hit 40k with the right buffs
and use mostly class skills

poke sticks are fun either stam or mag though

>It's got just enough innovation...

wew lad.

I cannot think of anything innovative they have that other games don't do better.

> Patchnotes for update 11 will be released next week
> Racial passives are getting changed
> Probably a lot of other stuff as well considering it's 20 pages long if ESO live is to believed

>Racial passives are getting changed
*removed, as they're selling race changes now

but from PvP perspective?
desu I'm tempted to roll an Altmer Magplar

You're full of shit. they said it on ESO live they would change the racial passives, not remove them.

Remove any meaningful passive, stupid fuck

>remove meaningful passives, making race an issue simply of cosmetics
Yeah, that'll sell more race changes than having some races be better at magicka, stam or health builds.

bump

Can't wait for more argonians buffs. Would be really cool if they introduced racial morphs so you could customize your chars even further.

Argonian racials are the fucking worst.

>resto staff
>potions

Just like they've always been portrayed in lore, amirite?

>argonian nb tank
>30 second warhorns and every trash pot is a tripot

worst race

Is there any reason to hold off on doing any of the DLC until level cap? Like, are there unique items that will scale down that would otherwise be really strong at cap and viable end game?

Not really. Do whatever you feel like doing.

the only thing I fear is if they make the wrong racials changes, fuckkk

Nice source faggot.

I do that sometimes because I'm a misanthrope and it's faster to just run through dungeons I've done fifty times.

>The Fading Tree
This is the dumbest quest.
Why are all these quests in greenshade basically "Wood elves are really really fucking dumb"

I just want my gotta go fast orc to stay the same