/BaBog/ - Bastard Bonds General

>What Does The New Patch Do? Edition

>What is Bastard Bonds?
An SRPG with base management, the ability to recruit any monster (besides bosses) in the game, several unique companions, and around 40 hours of content. You can also add your own custom sprites, apply them to essentially any creature, companion and your own MC. (Tutorial in the guide and ReadMe)

>Where can I get it?
The game is available on Steam for $18.

>Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1xD8-YRw6U5eHyb2l8egUajGoGjgmD5eXfqAuGp6dfYc

Transparency tool for editing sprites:
www191.lunapic.com/editor/?action=transparent

Download here:
mega.nz/#!T483iART!1kwNgLutLHdPRRp5S6CnTs0ogd8bjWaa2ity8HfByz8

Please remember to support the creator, Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

megafileupload.com/fqb0/BastardBonds_Patch_v1.2.9.zip
imgur.com/a/OBxsm
bastard-bonds-character-gallery.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous thread

>New patch "hard mode"
>Level 60+ like one third into the game
>Everyone has everything.
>All enemies with fleet, all party members with fleet, everyone invulnerable, all magic is aoe
>Everyone one-shotting or fully resisting everything

This is such a mess. I love it.

So, is this thing actually useful or did I just waste my gems?

If you equip it and hover a unit with it, it'll tell you if they are bonded or not.
Blue bonded, red not bonded, green close to bonding, black they hate you.

... So youuuu kinda wasted them but only slightly.

I haven't played on the new patch harmode yet? Is it really that fucked up?

It's probably not if you begin a fresh playthrough, I was already fairly leveled up before applying it to the particular playthrough to be fair.
Still, it's fucked up in a fun way, IMO.

Wow, enemies with disarm are fucking annoying.

Good luck actually noticing dropping your shit before exiting the map.

doesn't it change your magic alignment depending on the last person you hover over? at least thats what I've read I haven't gotten to craft it yet or mess around with magic

>Greening makes food out of fully warding a spell

When being a fatass gets to a whole new level.

>try out new level scaling
>enter endless mines
>fight the one encounter vs three mummies
>exit
>gain two levels
fuckin whoops
Maybe I'll turn it off when it goes a bit too crazy

Every single map starting from Knightwood Copse will give you mostly 2 levels with the new level scaling. You'll be 60 without even having half the mad completed

Yea ive lost few things like that.

Is the mega in OP the latest patch download?

Perfectly balanced outcomes.

Nah, I just copied the link in the previous OP.

Might have to look in the old thread to see if there is a new link.

Has anyone gotten part at briarwood, the bitch of a dryad is blocking my way

megafileupload.com/fqb0/BastardBonds_Patch_v1.2.9.zip

Posted it in the last thread.
Sorry to the last guy who tried to download it before, megafileupload put a password on it for some reason.
Should work now.

Mountain soul.

From what I'm reading seems like the new patch broke leveling. Should I patch it or is it better to wait to see if he is going to change anything else?

Thanks now all I need is to figure out which weapon to forge to get to that

If anybody's interested, I made some edits of a few of my favorite sprites in the game to give them giant dongs. Because I'm a huge fag.

imgur.com/a/OBxsm

Ifrit, Ashlord, Centaur archer, and a futa/demon version of the Witch.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily broken. But it might just need some touches to difficulty on the very end game. Once you get legendaries and any grand trait, literally nothing stands alive regardless of levels.
Might just be what he intended though.

My warrior going around criticalling for 600 however, I wonder.

Just play the standard it is much harder, also you switch back and forth if you want

Just like his art, which is mostly cute homo fatasses.

So I can patch it just to level up the party members who are behind and then switch back to the unpatched version?

I think he means turn on difficulty to Leader to level up and then back to normal when satisfied.

Can I replace my current MC sprite somehow without breaking anything?

Yes. There's instructions in the game's readme.txt

make sure your png is 80 pixels wide by 64 high

This ought to be good.

Actually I just found an easier way.

All you have to do is modify your character template from the main menu and it'll do the rest automatically.

Pretty handy.

Oh, sure, I thought you meant change your sprite into something completely custom.

Help on item location Found the captain, bleeding to death, try to give him Elixir Vitae wants to get Golden Philter...where could I get this prissy little bitch a rare golden potion?

Regarding camaraderie alignment bonus, does having 4 party members of the same alignment gives a lower chance of fumbling than when you have only two of that alignment? In other words is a party of 4 people of the same alignment better than a party that has two from one align and two from other?

Shake it for a key.

Then come back and read the diary again after recruiting Nazar.

Being insane in style is important.

Party starting to shape up after grinding for 40+ hours, can't expand yet because lack of man power

>turn_leader_scaling_on.gif

>turn on leader scaling
>power level from 12 to 22 in only a few maps
>ok that was enough back to band scaling
>band scaling drops average level back to 14
>have to wait forever for higher level maps to become unsafe again while surrounded by level 3-8 maps
>can't proceed with band scaling or no one levels
Well this is silly.
I'm thinking about throwing out anyone I'm not using to get the average band level back up. This would include unique characters who are currently stuck at level 8-10. Wasn't there some method to reset certain maps? I thought I read something about a console command, but I couldn't open it up. Using a german keyboard so the location of the tilde key is always a bit of a mystery.

Comradery doesn't stack with more than 2 people. So there isn't an advantage with 4 people with the same alignment over 2 pairs of 2 alignments.

Although it does stack with the rank 6 Thwart skill, Luck of the Devil.

Press the "Tilde" key in a dungeon and type the command (forgetmap mapname). Just make sure you aren't in the map you are resetting

enter the command "forgetmap mapname" all in lowercase

There are no Tilde key in german keyboard morons

Yeah, I figured it'd be there. Didn't work on world map, nor in a stronghold. Will try inside a dungeon, though I've started wondering whether it might have been because console commands must be activated somewhere first.

I'll see if I can get my average band level around 30-ish. Landsharks and yetis are already getting fleetfoot, and that shit can really fuck you up. Level 15+ lawful laborers are pretty amazing though.

Found this on a Oblivion forum
By testing every key I found that it is 'ö' on a German keyboard, hopefully that will spare others some time in the future.

Don't know what 'ö' is but try pressing 'ö'

Does anyone have a list of debug commands?

Someguy said try pressing 'ö'

WTF is 'ö'

I'll give that a try. Ö is an Umlaut, like Ä and Ü, pronounced vaguely like oe, ae, and ue, though that might also sound a little different in english than it would in german.

Correction again

That's interesting... "Ö" in German and Swedish keyboards and "ò" in Italian keyboards (which works instead of tilde for me) are in the same location (right of the "L" key, I mean). I wonder why that particular key gets mapped as equivalent to the US tilde.
The Swedish "§" would correspond to the US tilde key location though...

so "o" thing is Italian while a bigger "O" is in german?

which is the best lilim/succubus version? naked, boots only, or boots and gloves?

Hey whatever turns you on man, I prefer the saggy boobs grandma with the greenhat and a walking cane, very hot XD

>bow-legged stance
this has always been such a massive turn-off to me somehow.

Why are vampires so lewd? They just can't stay off your dick.

You mean this ho?

Too late, bought it to get the new patch already.

Yeah thats the one

is right an improvement over left? I want to edit the face too, but I suck at this shit.

If you turn down the nips a bit but like that you drawn bigger breast.

Side note: At least we have the same wave length , don't why people get turn on my nasty old grannies

>Silent Town

Or should I call it, Silent Hill

what does Devil Adonis do?

Thanks

It's used to complete Fastad's Archive

How much damage does fight 1 give? I'm trying to make an archer character, but unless I crit I barely do any damage.

Then supplement your fight with weapons, Forge a the highest bow possibleneed 8 makeshift bows

Getting Grimoire Halex was a bitch to get. Mobbed by enemies with regeneration plus the boss spamming the hell out of that godamn book, finally got it though thanks to all the potions I collected

Has anyone here even completed the map, how low is the gameplay?

attempt 2 at making a giant girl

Whoah she's huge, also nice detail on that sword. Did you make it from scratch?

no I've been editing a standard character. this version is like 80% redrawn though.

Drawing with paint is a hassle, how did you change the arm. Used magic tool or just patiently draw it?

I went through part by part making everything bigger. for the arm I just kind of winged it. the hardest part was trying to get the shading to look ok.

May I use the body archtype? gonna fix a bit with the head

I'm trying to give her a pony tail but fucking up the color pretty badly, any tips

yeah I don't know how people make a decent face that's only 12 pixels

So whadya think?

Greave, you shaved your beard!

Zantanak, delivering your burn.

Anyone got a hard dicked man1?

This one? I'm not that user but i saw him somewhere, if it's that sprite i could search through my history to find it.

bastard-bonds-character-gallery.tumblr.com/

How do I know if something is a boss?

The boss music will play when you fight it.

The Port Town, where you fight the blue dragon

The Port Town, where you fight the blue dragon

You get different battle music.

Is there any other indicator for that? I usually have music off and listen to my playlist while playing.

It not dying in 1-2 hits is about it.

I remember i was fighting some fire boss, forgot his name. I wanted to recruit him so i applied poison and just tanked him and waited and waited.

Probably the fire Hexarch in the Fiery Void. We've all been there mate... we've all been there.

It's bullshit though. There should be an indication whether or not you can recruit a particular NPC.

Do I have a chance to recruit this particular Baelor, or this just another boss NPC?

If there's no music it should be recruitable.

Well, it's the usual combat theme.

>got Greening his "special bond scene"
>now he's going around throwing strawberry cakes at people and shit

It says something when you manage to be the gayest thing in a game full of cocks and dudes having sex with each other.

No, not that one. man1 as in the big fat guy in the character creation.

ok how about this one? does left look better than right?

I like the one with sword. You could give her bigger one too.

My new golem.