/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 26th:
1409 – Western Schism: The Roman Catholic Church is led into a double schism as Petros Philargos is crowned Pope Alexander V after the Council of Pisa, joining Pope Gregory XII in Rome and Pope Benedict XII in Avignon.
1522 – Ottomans begin the second Siege of Rhodes.
1541 – Francisco Pizarro is assassinated in Lima by the son of his former companion and later antagonist, Diego de Almagro the younger. Almagro is later caught and executed.
1843 – Treaty of Nanking comes into effect, Hong Kong Island is ceded to the British "in perpetuity".

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707765792
youtube.com/watch?v=woq2oj7mwkc
youtube.com/watch?v=qAkKmcFAOjk
inside-man.co.uk/2015/05/17/manchester-police-admit-they-dont-prosecute-women-who-make-false-rape-allegations/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Nicky

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting

>protestant """"church""""

Reminder to ignore and report shitposting

Reminder that this is Veeky Forums and that if you don't like shitposting you probably shouldn't be here.

Faggot.

I want childfuckers and orthomemes to leave

t. /b/tard

>s-stop hating my ebin memes and circlejerks!!

CK2fags what are your favorite cunts? I just started playing this (just started playing grand strategy period, for that matter) and I don't really know shit. Norway seems cool so far.

>thinking there's a difference between reddit and /b/
x--------------D

>hating on memers
You have to go back.

Statistically public school officials are more likely to molest children than men of the church are

>literally every country that had the misfortune of being infected with protestantism is overwhelmingly atheist now

pottery

Okay, I'm like halfway through the Vicky 2 tutorial. I haven't really *played* one of these games before, but before I make myself finish this, and watch six hours of videos on how to play the game that the tutorial doesn't tell me:

Is this shit actually fun? Do you enjoy this? Or is it just a trap where you spend so long learning the game that you pretend to like it to validate that investment?

talex

Kinda depressing that baby rapers are common enough that these things can be statistically measured like that desu senpai.

Daily reminder that

reminder to all vicky autists this is what normal people think of Liquoria 2

>Is this shit actually fun?

"no"

There's literally nothing wrong with child fucking, though.

I've found a mod that attempts to fix paradoxs peace conference system for HOI4
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707765792

>There's literally nothing wrong with child fucking, though.
t. average catholic/ muslim

When will paradox add playable theocracies?

>Is this shit actually fun?
For a while until you realise you basically do the same shit every game with minor variation.

>Do you enjoy this?
No

Also, you shouldn't bother with Paradox tutorials. They're widely known to be crap.

Is there one of these that's actually fun if not Vicky 2? I like the 1800s and shit and I want to fix all the things I hate about the world today, but if one of the EU games is actually fun....

If you get pleasure in watching dutch pops migrating to South Africa and outbreeding the natives, or watching the culture map of the US becoming more and more yankee each year, or the culture map of Russia showing Siberia being assimilated then go ahead. If you don't the game is not for you

There's like 7 billion people in the world, and only a few small populations are unrecorded. 0.1% of 7 billion is like 7 million people, which is by no means common but still a lot.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not that common, and because it's uncommon is actually how people are able to pick out the cases and get statistical measurements.

>UK
>not the european capital of nonces

just fuck off already, nigel

Reposting this question from the previous thread:

Made a mini-mod to CK2plus. Added extra Nestorian holy sites in India because St. Thomas. Tried playing some count tier test games. One of two things usually happened:

1) Vassal lord would sieze my titles, even with good relations
2) I would be bored shitless on the Maldives for centuries

So now I'm considering starting as a duke or king, which I very rarely do in CK2, and using them for my Nestorian fun run in India. But which one?

sup reddit

Well my friends enjoy Civ even though that's just playing the same shit every game with no variation

>church of england
>not catholic
They're just in denial

Fact: Liquoria 2 is the most posted game on /r/paradoxplaza

Why do bongs call child molesters nonces? What's the origin of that term? Anyone know?

Fact: This doesn't mean ledditors can appreciate the game critically

Normal people:
>wtf are these charts and colors and shit? why the fuck do you play this autistic game?

Liquoria 2 player:
>holy shit look at those fuggin POPs man hella fuckin epic OMG

>Also, you shouldn't bother with Paradox tutorials. They're widely known to be crap.
Fucking this. It sucks, too, because these games could really use a decent tutorial. They're not exactly the easiest shit to figure out on your own. I have absolutely zero idea what I'm looking at on EU4's trade map even though the tutorial "explained" it.

Hey Veeky Forums.

fuck off your prod, when the world inevitably grows completely apathetic to religion there will be nothing left of your pathetic little heresy, at least we'll have some imposing buildings if nothing else.

Reminder to report and ignore liquorposting.

>implying I enjoy any paradox game

I just keep playing them because I'm empty inside.

buy eu4

>weallknowthatfeel.jpg

>They're not exactly the easiest shit to figure out on your own
> I have absolutely zero idea what I'm looking at on EU4's trade map even though the tutorial "explained" it.

Are you clinically retarded?

No.

What documentaries go good with GS?
youtube.com/watch?v=woq2oj7mwkc

Probably because most of the other games have their own subreddit and /r/victoria2 is dead you mong. Game has like 500 players on steam, that shit is dead among buyfags

500 redditors

youtube.com/watch?v=qAkKmcFAOjk

>He plays vicky2 through steam

What's wrong with that? Are you just laughing at him because he paid for it, or something else?

>calling it Liquoria
>not building steel factories
>implying ledditors play HPM and not PDM

>use your merchants to steer trade to your home node
>build a few lightships or make sure that you are the only one in your trade nodes

You have now mastered eu4's trade system

>implying that i ever look at the charts
I just encourage craftsmen and capitalists

Once upon a time games could be procured through means other than steam.

This. It's not like it's a very hard game

>implying anyone plays PDM
PDM is a dead mod, and posting anything other than alexmod on leddit will get you massive downboats

I might enjoy this? I think I want to start a German Empire, even if it's what everyone does, and just really fuck up England's shit because those brown-haired rain-farting shits have it coming. How hard would it be to ally with the US and have them fuck the shit out of Canada?

I still don't know what I'm looking at.

I'm implying his "only 500 on steam so its dead" point is worthless because vicky 2 doesn't necessarily have to be purchased on steam

You can even buy the steam version and bypass steam entirely through using the launcher separately.

In my current game of CK2 I'm Norway and I'm fucking up England's shit pretty nicely. William the Conqueror is fucking them from the south so they're basically getting a dick in the ass and another in the mouth. Sounds like something you'd dig if you don't like the bongs.

which one is alexmod? HPM?

Daily reminder apartheid worked

Why did Zimbabwe failed so horribly while Botswanna ended up so alright?

I fucking hate bongs, but I also don't want to crusade or deal with catholics or with allah, so CK2 maybe not for me. I would way rather use console commands to bankrupt the UK in victoria 2 and just let that play out as someone totally unimportant, probably

Botswana is a peaceful place but it's still full of AIDS.

Mineral wealth/Mining

Actual Crusading is optional depending on where you are. There's no kebab to remove anywhere near Norway, for example. The name of CK2 is a little bit misleading, come to think of it. Catholicism is definitely the dominant religion outside of kebab land though.

All of Africa has problems with AIDS though

Because Mugabe is in charge?

Diamonds, homogenous country, extremely few whites to begin with, semi-competent half-democracy (ruling party has been the same since foundation). Didn't outright reject western ideals on independence, my guess since black repression was minimal in the area. Accepted Western aid for uses other than enriching their own wallet. Least corrupt country on the continent, though that's not saying much.

I'd imagine it boils down to homogeneity in both political ideals and a culture that's not totally irredeemable.

Some countries are worse than others. I think Botswana is one of the worse ones.

>That feel when your super king dies at mid 40's
>That feel when your current kings heir is also great
>That feel when your shit current king is already 70 and shows no signs of stopping

>Is this shit actually fun? Do you enjoy this?
I do, for a while, never really finish the games though, shit is just too bloody long.

I play until I get bored and then I start over.

Why is BlackICE a meme?

Why the fuck were those 2 arguing anyways, if you can play as a merchant republic it invalidates the whole "play as a dynasty" thing

>not giving the AI a slight advantage

When you play as a merchant republic you play as the jewish dynasty.

I bet /pol/ loves that you can expel the jewry from your cunt in CK2.

How does playing as merchant republic invalidate playing as a dynasty.

There's also no evidence that the public school system covers up instances of child abuse, unlike the catholic church.

Not to say that any other branch is better. All abrahamic religions are equally shitty.

>the catholic church doesn't cover up for pedos

I misread that, never mind.

>being unable to read

Yeah, that's why you get instances where the fucking police covers up child abuse cases, but ya know, muh evil pedo priests.

I'm not saying it invalidates it, I'm saying that it invalidates the argument that "theocracies are bad because they don't fit in a game about dynasties" because playing as a merchant republic is NOT playing as a dynasty.
There are tons of other arguments you could've made against theocracies and yet you chose the worst one.
Please don't start this shit again.

I'm pretty sure most police are pedos themselves.

This.
You fucking play as dynasty as a merchant republic.

>playing as a merchant republic is NOT playing as a dynasty.
But IT IS.

You play as a dynasty competing against 5 others in a merchant republic

>Police
Last year in USA police chose not to pursue a false rape victim (she confessed she lied after 5 years of the guy in jail) because "it might deter real rape victims to report the real rapists"

Obviously, there's a reason they carry militarized dildos

But you are still playing as a dynasty even as a merchant republic, what you even on about.

That's so incredibly fucked up, man. Any bitch who falsely gets a dude sent to the booty house as a sex offender should be fucking hanged.

>All abrahamic religions are equally shitty.

You can't be fucking serious.

Indeed it is.
inside-man.co.uk/2015/05/17/manchester-police-admit-they-dont-prosecute-women-who-make-false-rape-allegations/