/w*g/ Wildstar General

SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER EDITION

PREVIOUSLY ON /w*g/ - >What is WildStar?
A Free-to-Play space-fantasy MMO with a focus on combat with aiming and dodging, an extensive player housing system, 20-man raids, platforming, warplots(>.>;) and more.

>Iso's in-depth Wildstar Review/Guide
steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/0/357288572116851778/

>Official Links
wildstar-online.com/en/
store.steampowered.com/app/376570
twitter.com/WildStar
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

>What server should I play on?
There are only two mega-servers depending on region. Entity for NA and Jabbit for EU.

>Server Status
twitter.com/WildStarOps

>/w*g/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/wildstargeneral

>Discord Server - Veeky Forums
discord.gg/014FGXMcRuqZfJlv9

>Discord servers (non-Veeky Forums affiliated)
General Server - discordapp.com/invite/0TrMr9NtcKuxgDn3
EU Server - discordapp.com/invite/0XxxgVSJaRtLDKkc

>News, Announcements, and Updates
Starfall event is currently active through June.
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/forum/197-information/

>Useful links
Trailers & WS Flicks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E
Gameplay footage & DevSpeaks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l
WS Livestreams: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvlIWUCT2QRhyu76qOvf_R-C
Extended OST: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYI9EPUJIJn-hHtogLyY4ecvW80Xx-_7M (Vol. 1 now on sale)
Class builds : ws-base.com/ , forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4

>Active /w*g/ Circles
Ask for invites in thread or in steam chat
Entity -
Dominion : DROPKIX (Whisper Ijio Nano, Kezan Nano)
Exiles : Space Dandys (whisper Bird Eye, Sly One, Rock Bro)

>Addons
mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar

>FAQ
pastebin.com/5BcsgXtz

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_taxonomy_of_player_types
youtu.be/xdkLZNyEMVU
youtube.com/watch?v=sJ1TCBsnIlk
youtube.com/watch?v=OFH7CLJQauY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for squirg

GLORY TO THE DOMINION

Ded thread edition

That's not an edition, that's the status quo

thanks to the people in the circle for helping me with the last of my dungeon bronzes

maybe I'm going to make it after all

Is bronze the lowest rank, or is it possible to fuck up so badly you don't get any medal at all?

If you wipe and your party ragequits, yes.

Yes.

Does enabling circles still cost money?

you can complete things with no medal

>New avatarfags

GET
THE
FUCK
OUT

As long as you get all the objectives, you will get bronze. You can wipe as much as you want and take as long as you want, as long as you get the things in the quest traker with the bronze medals next to them, you'll get it.
If you miss even one and take too long, you'll get no medal.

sorry...

If they're not chain/chai posting, it's fine.

Remember when chua had no underwear?

So if I'm starting out (NA) is there an interest in getting new players involved? And no I'm not looking for someone to power level me.

How definite and soon is cross-faction LFGing? I've got a Dom tank near max but I hear their numbers aren't great on NA.

IIRC, though, Dom tended to be more interested in endgame content and better organized than Ex.

Solo leveling is easy and usually faster than grouping. Grouping in zones is really only necessary for taking on BAMs or steamrolling mobs to farm.

>is there an interest in getting new players involved?
What do you mean? Beyond desperately wanting as many new people as possible so the game doesn't shut down?

They already said they're starting out, I think they meant getting involved with guilds and circles. Sometimes MMO recruiters specify that you have to be above a certain level or max.

How's the population lately? Wanting to come back to this game but if it's going to be shutdown soon then nah.

which is more populated by Veeky Forums, exile or dominion?
I'm new and don't know which to side with, unless I only have to worry about aesthetics

Steam gave it a big boost, seems almost near launch population, beyond that idk

You know, I really can't tell. Exile maybe, but you should lorefag it up and pick the faction you like better

That's great to hear that it's doing better now. Going have to come back now!

warrior or stalker?

No I don't, please remind me with pictures

So I found someone that was using meat as armor.

>Does enabling circles still cost money?

New guy here. What Faction/Race/Class/Path are the best or essential in contribution to the community? Or did I waste time installing this game today?

Warrior famalam

>Faction
Go Exile for more people, Dominion for gay rats
>Race
Taster's choice
>Class
Anything really, Warrior for easiest melee, Slinger for easiest ranged
>Path
Scientist or Settler

>essential in contribution to the community
Dominion, because we need as many as we can get

Show me your ongoing house projects, senpai

>tfw I'm so uncreative that I just shove all the max buff items under the stairs and leave

Exiles because Aurins. Dominion players tend to be more srs bsns types except diapERPing Chuafags, tho.

Once they add cross-faction matchmaking for instances faction population won't be such an issue.

Another new player checking it out. Can someone explain the paths thing to me? I mean, the website talks about how great they are, but, I also want to know about the cons.

Unrelated, but what are the most common to least common races, would you say?

Well, I can confirm it's possible to beat a dungeon and get no medal...

Cons? There's no cons, they're purely extra content. I guess Explorer is the least useful in group content?
Most common is definitely chua and aurin. Least might be...draken? Purely because it can only be 3 classes

Cons: Settler will trigger both your OCD and your epilepsy with all the flashing collectibles

>Can someone explain the paths thing to me?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_taxonomy_of_player_types

I mean like, for example, "this path is fun but it's annoying because ___", kind of stuff. Like, I hate jumping puzzles, so I'm guessing explorer isn't for me.

Also, at what level do you abandon questing to play with your house maker?

You get your house at level 14.

Soldier: Annoying when missions require way too many weird weapon uses/"defend the point for 5 minutes!"
Scientist: Annoying when you have to scan stuff behind group content and you have no friends ._.
Explorer: The most fun I've had, but annoying when the map marker doesn't tell you where to go properly
Settler: Annoying in every possible way

I was wondering about that - settlers build buildings? Are they persistent? I have to assume that the game has been around long enough that everything's been made.

They don't build buildings, they build vending machines and buff/bonus granters at certain "outpost" beacons. They disappear after a set amount of time.

Settlers are arguably the most useful in group play and you get bro points for leaving things that strangers can use to get various buffs, but their gameplay mechanics are ass and a half. Wander around looking for glowing junk (literally) to pick up, build shit at a beacon, rinse, repeat.

are these stats good enuff for for a damage engi in vet dungeons?

>you get bro points for leaving things that strangers can use to get various buffs

I always say thanks in zone chat when I see a settler speed boost up in a leveling zone. And they last twice as long as the speed boosts at the stations in capitol cities.

Thanks guys, this was the kind of specific in-game info I was after.

What's the iLevel/Assault power? But yes.

>damage engi

I dont have a good shot of my hellhole merc bunker, but heres me, contemplating the mysteries of a taco

best line

its a mix of 70 oranges and 90-100ish purples.
Assault power is 2901 with a rating of 11,604

I wish the Protostar clones all looked as happy as Papa Phineas.

But I guess not being the original is suffering.

That's overgeared for vets, you're fine.

>Phineas probably built an innate depression into the very genetic code of every clone that they are forced to hide for fear of upsetting customers and reducing profits

>when you're on the final boss and suddenly get 2 seconds of lag

alright thanks

What's the difference between "accept" and "accept and add as friend"?

Accept just lets them add you as a friend, Accept and Add friends them back.

Oh I thought it was mutual automatically...so just "accept" is kind of being a dick...

Where did Phineas come from I wonder? Why have we never seen another of his species that wasn't one of his clones?

it doesn't tell them that you didn't add them

All will be revealed in the Protostar raid

Should we add a recommended mods list to the OP pasta?

I vote for PotatoUI, KuronaBags, Perspective, and TapThat.

I don't use any of those and still manage. I think it's better to just let people figure it out. There really aren't any truly essential addons for all players.

There's a link to the mod site at least
I don't use any and I think I've almost gotten used to this weird UI

So decided to download this today to give it a try since the mmo draught is real. Is game hampered by going f2p like Swtor was? Is the story any good/worth actually reading quests/lore etc?

I still prefer ForgeUI. TapThat is a lifesaver though.

swtor is the absolute worst f2p model, nothing should be compared to it
>pay to unlock running, hide helmet, display title, and action bars
Wildstar is almost too generous and probably hurts their sub doing it
I thought the story was cool my first time and now I just get mad at how slow the lore is drip-fed to us

God no, the f2p is very generous. The story is ehhh, okay.

Holy shit, this general still lives.
Do Medics still pump out stupid DPS? I really enjoyed blasting EDM at shit

Right obviously Swtor is the worst of the worst but you never know ive always heard nothing but negative things for wildstar so was possible. Do each side have different stories enough to make a character from each side? IF not or if you could only play one which side do you think is better?

kings of aoe and pretty damn good at single target, though not the best. in geared raids I've seen medics go over 200k dps on earth wing trash

Exactly what I wanted to hear
How about the Veeky Forums circle? Has it turned into your typical general nonsense or is it decent for a Veeky Forums chat room?

wildstar has gotten a lot of shit, but most of it was for 2 years ago at launch and it's better now. their f2p/steam launches really helped and were actually good
to be honest, the different factions start out separately but converge pretty fast...around level 20 I think? as far as zones go at least
on the bright side this means you can just roll an alt to see the other faction's content quickly. endgame stuff is again sort of split with different important characters so...ignore what I said and just level 1 on each side to cap to see it all, you're asking about story so clearly you care. roll scientist for even more lore tidbits
personally I enjoy dominion a lot more (but exile capitol has better music)

The circles are your typical memefests but they helped me out with attunement so I can't complain.

>those days where we all lived under the tyranny of our medically trained overlords and battlegrounds became disco dance clubs
I'm glad it's over.

The sides have totally different feels and perspective, imo. It's worth leveling both to cap. It's free so the only cost is your time.

What is the biggest meme race/class combo? You know what I mean.

As long as they're helpful and keep the erp talk on a minimum, I can handle your average memers.
Anyone online that can invite, Nevy Reeder

Probably either Aurin Esper, Chua Engineer or Human/Cassian Spellslinger.

aurin esper by far

I'll give it a shot, one of each. Any classes obviously worse or less useful than others?

>obviously
Nope

Engineer DPS is shit, don't listen to what these drones will tell you.

Maybe if you get into measuring raid logs, but that changes with every patch so not really, no

wew

Probably should have mentioned I'm Exile

what is some nice music to listen to while working on housing?

a nice, easy bombing run

youtu.be/xdkLZNyEMVU

If you're still around, I'm hopping on to invite.

Thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=sJ1TCBsnIlk

youtube.com/watch?v=OFH7CLJQauY

Perspective will highlight and draw a line to just about anything in the game and TapThat automatically does any of the F button minigames you enter, like the rhythm game. Potato/Forge and Kurona are personal preference, but you're just slicing your own gums if you don't use those two.

Does anyone actually use the loftite hoverboard?

Just listen to some Wildstar OST songs
It's good

>Loftite hoverboard
What?

I've never seen it, but I'm Dominion and it seems like a Granok thing

Store mount