/fog/ - Fallout General

Please monsieur, Piper and I are more than adequate enough to have your child.

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/EEaEc6rW

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/FEV_research_notes
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Institute_terminal_entries#Progress_Reports
youtube.com/watch?v=RluZuxrIh7A
youtube.com/watch?v=XLlnVrqTZOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to fuck Dogmeat

>Curie
>capable of having a child

Cait pls

OP is a dumbass

Synths are Jews prove me wrong

>Implying she isn't
Deacon only said they were trying

>what is FEV?

Curie is a super mutant?

All synths are

Not him bu FEV was used in the creation of synths, hence their increased strength, speed, and immunity to radiation.

>Gen 3 synths are made with FEV
ok honestly, where did all of the recent idiots come from?

Summer

Post casual clothing.

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, Fallout 4 should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (survival mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
The most recent update (1.5) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (ID Software) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
Fallout 4 is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Bestheda, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /fog/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Fallout 4 does not deserve your money.

>tfw it slipped my mind

Not him but

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/FEV_research_notes
>Year 2178
>Uhh... This is Doctor Elliott, with the official report for the Directorate from BioScience. The date is, umm, August 2178. I'm pleased to report that, as has been the case during my tenure, crop yields exceed expectations.
In point of fact, everything down here is fine... with... one notable exception. Doctor Frederick has informed me that the Directorate has pre-approved research on samples of the FEV virus, which he already has in his possession.
Now, I'm not one to question the Directorate... you all know that. I don't even want to know where this came from. But... well, this is troubling. Dangerous, possibly. I will do my best to make sure risks are minimized, but I really do hope that the consequences are understood.

>Year 2224
>This is Doctor Elliott, reporting for the BioScience division. March 2224. We just received another batch of... subjects... but as my previous report stated, we're at an impasse here. More of the same won't help.
The two most promising strains of FEV have been adapted to an ideal state, but... we're still missing something. I am officially echoing the team's position: the most likely progress for our research on synthetic organics requires new avenues of exploration. Additional Commonwealth subjects will not help. It's the same problem across the board: exposure to too much radiation. We need something... someone new. There's a proposal we'll be putting forward... I am not entirely comfortable with it, but it seems the best course.

>2227
>Shaun is kidnapped from Vault 11 for his pure DNA

>2229
>Broken Mask Incident Occurs when a early prototype Gen 3 synth goes crazy in Diamond City

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Institute_terminal_entries#Progress_Reports
>2286.4.10
>Synthetic organics continue to perform well; the necessity of further tests is unexplained.

>2287.2.10
>.The organics project was spun off decades ago.

Sorry I didn't know about deep synth lore nigga.
Not really lel

>deathclaws were made with FEV
>can reproduce
3 was your first fallout wasn't it?

Hay Trainwiz, if you're here right now, the Mirelurk Gauntlet in Relays and Subways is just a renamed Deathclaw gauntlet. I'm assuming it's a bug. How fix?

No, they were enhanced by it

Those paintings annoy the crap out of me, they'd last maybe a week in the Massachusetts weather.

Wrongo friendo I have the pipboy edition ;^)

Not him but deathclaws were not made using FEV.

A. that idea comes from the Fallout 2 game guide, which contained numerous inconsistencies with in-game lore
B. The game guide only said the Master genetically manipulated them, it never mentions him using FEV.
C. IF the Master HAD done anyhting to them as the game guide suggests, why does he not mention it, and why does he not use them himself?

That still doesn't show that Gen.3 synths are made with FEV. Literally it just shows that they got as far as they could with FEV, and decided that
>the most likely progress for our research on synthetic organics requires new avenues of exploration

It's not a bug. The subway portion was an extra little part of the mod I made in a few days, it was never meant to have a unique model.

The same way humans are "enhanced" with it.

Here's some shit that i would like to see, mainly because you can cosplay as caleb in game already

>youtube.com/watch?v=RluZuxrIh7A

Trainwiz, can we have a badass Flare Gun Unique on the next update?

Read the final line

> We need something... someone new. There's a proposal we'll be putting forward... I am not entirely comfortable with it, but it seems the best course.
>someone new
As in, these radiation mutated Commonwealth people aren't getting us the results we need so we need to find someone with pure DNA.

The proposal was raiding the Vault to kidnap Shaun and get his pure DNA to complete the FEV tests since only pure human DNA allows FEV to nto fuck up.

FEV also explains why synths are stronger, faster, and immune to radiation.

And the "idealized" form of FEV talked about would explain synths other bizarre properties such as not needing to eat or sleep despite being organic.

It was a fun bit of questing. I got a Warhammer 40k vibe from the ACRONYM fight.
How's progress on Maxwells? I read the rollercoaster is punchable, but will we get to suplex it?

>As in, these radiation mutated Commonwealth people aren't getting us the results we need so we need to find someone with pure DNA.
That is all the final line says:
>The proposal was raiding the Vault to kidnap Shaun and get his pure DNA
Correct.
>to complete the FEV
Speculation.
>FEV also explains why synths are stronger, faster, and immune to radiation
Circumstantial evidence. Not to mention we don't have a reliable source on:
>immune to radiation
>not needing to eat or sleep
and in fact we havea reliable character who directly contradicts the last part.

Enhanced Camera when...

The intelligent deathclaws were definitely exposed to FEV and they retained their fertility.

So what new weapons do you think we'll see in nuka world?
I can dream can't i

>Speculation.
Its only speculation in so far as its speculation that the sky is blue in Fallout for the same reason it is in real life.

>Not to mention we don't have a reliable source on
Actually its explicitly stated synths are immune to radiation several times in the game.

>and in fact we havea reliable character who directly contradicts the last part.
Except we don't, no synth is shown NEEDING to eat or sleep

You mean the same deathclaws Avellone wrote out of canon for how mind numbingly retarded they were?

Also, one could easily say they were slike the Wannmingos, they were made using FEV and retained fertility for years before eventually going sterile.

I'm hoping for the CAR, but I would be happy with just a few that introduce more ammo types/animations so that modding has _something_ more to work with.
Why the hell could not even _one_ of the vapid workshop DLCs have been a GRA-type instead?

I want my Ching Chong AR and .32 pistol, rechambered for .38

>>Goris
>>Retarded

Yeah... No.

You mean in the fallout bible which Avellone has said is not canon?

A bunch of shitty raider guns and at least three Nuka-Cola themed weapons.

The same Fallout Bible both Emil and Todd said they used when making Fallout 3?

>A bunch
You mean one.

Not unless you're able to suplex a mirelurk queen

Post settlement wall messages

And you think this means everything in it is canon?

>its explicitly stated synths are immune to radiation several times in the game
Gen.3 =\= Gen.1/Gen.2 - where does the game make it explicit that Gen.3 synths are immune to radiation?

>no synth is shown NEEDING to eat or sleep
You're quibbling over semantics when you just went on about
>Its only speculation in so far as its speculation that the sky is blue in Fallout for the same reason it is in real life
in the same breath? If you want to be literal about it, no regular people are shown needing to eat or sleep either. The closest you get is the player suddenly taking damage when fatigue and hunger get too high.

>Actually its explicitly stated synths are immune to radiation several times in the game.

Why did the super mutant doctor hide out in the glowing sea? Did he not say because syths couldn't follow him?

Well yeah i mean in the end the only thing that matters is what Animations they add

Of course I can. player.setscale 10

>Workbench where a settler will take items from workshop inventory and deposit them in a chute
>terminal selects what items

>Why the hell could not even _one_ of the vapid workshop DLCs have been a GRA-type instead?
Because GRA was a massive waste of time that did nothing but add more bloat to a game so already over bloated with weapons that most of them were worthless and there were 2-3 other guns that played basically the exact same way, and only pushed the game further from an RPG into a barbie doll dress up sim where the only difference between weapons was skins and not stats

They also used the wikis when making 4. Guess what.

Because of all the deathclaws and shit out their. And so Corn Flakes couldn't follow him.

Because Kellogg couldn't follow him.

Also there is plenty in the Glowing Sea that deters chace aside from the radiation.

>Why did the super mutant doctor hide out in the glowing sea? Did he not say because syths couldn't follow him?
He hid there because he didn't think anyone would follow him there,not because they COULDN'T follow him there, but because the area was so dangerous everyone would just expect him to be dead.

No one knew he had turned himself into a super mutant

You could literally replace GRA with Workshop DLC, and weapons with settlements, and the exact same thing would be true about Fo4. Fo4 is not
>already over bloated with weapons that most of them were worthless
and so it makes sense. Just because it might not have been great content for FNV doesn't mean the same for Fo4 (and I think most people would be more than happy to get more weapons and less settlement trash).

Dem glitches

youtube.com/watch?v=XLlnVrqTZOU

and theres still some obsidiot assholes who still defend this fucking DLC along with the pre-order packs

I don't think he wrote them out of canon when he provided creative input for Season 2 of Nuka Break and Goris the Talking fucking Deathclaw made a guest appearance.

I personally wouldn't.

I would, any day of the week, prefer a Vault building DLC over barbie doll the DLC.

It's complete fanon that 3rd generation synths are immune to radiation

Hell, robots shouldn't be immune to radiation

Radiation in Fallout doesn't work the same way as it does irl either.

Nuka Break never was canon, and willingly and knowingly broke canon to make itself more interesting.

Been a long time since I played that through that part but I think he said all the radiation made him hard to find.

>'tute teleports kellog to the entrance
>flakes uses a stealthboy and blows his brains out
>'tute teleports flakes back to wherever he's needed

you are a retard

this games biggest issues were related to performance and stability on non-nvidia hardware. its writing and gameplay were clear steps forward from FO3. even the buggy features and crashes occur much, much less

improving over a widely well received and multi "GOTY" title isn't enough for you? stop shitting up the thread

>(and I think most people would be more than happy to get more weapons and less settlement trash).

I would definitely. Something to pad out shitty pipeguns and make melee not so boring.

So you lose the argument and reframe it to something else

GGNORE

Whenever I load up FNV4GB I get this. Send help.

not even the dude you were talking to

go cry to someone who cares faggot

Are we talking about NV? Because NV was often criticized for being FAR more bug ridden and crash prone then Fo3 was.

Indeed, the sheer instability of NV on ANY hardware was the single biggest reason it got the ever infamous
>84
metascore

I'm not going to argue the canonicity of a fanfilm, I'm just saying I doubt Avellone would have told them to go ahead on Goris if he'd removed talking deathclaws from canon entirely.

Avellone and Tim Cain both had speaking cameos in it besides. Again, that doesn't make it canon, but it doesn't seem to suggest they'd show their face in anything they actively don't approve of.

>run vanilla launcher via the normal launcher with steam open, not the steam launcher
>get your settings where they need to be
>exit
>load up the 4gb enabler
>???
>Profit???

no, talking beth titles

QQ more you big baby
You lost, git gone

ohh well, yeah.

Fallout 4 is a bug ridden mess, but its far more stable then even Skyrim was, and skyrim was noted for being very stable for a Beth game.

To this day I have only had 2 CTDs in Fallout 4 that I couldn't trace back to a mod.

OFC, the Bethesda roulette means everyone's experience may vary

Canon: Fallout Shelter, Brotherhood of Steel
Semi-Canon: Fallout 3, Fallout 4
Non-Canon: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout Tactics

>shelter more canon than tactics

i'll fite u m8

Why is it saying it's running?

i like this OP image

>about to make fun of you for your shitty games
>M&B warband

carry on commandernoob11

open your task manager and close it...

Nice bait

>using custom urls as insults

where did big waifu guy go? I need a pick me up

>>open your task manager
>alt-tab

what

delet this

FUCK

alright so I'm having issues.
no matter what I try, the Motoko (GiTS) Hair mod doesn't seem to work and instead appears bald.
what am I supposed to do?

also I have uninstalled/reinstalled CBBE and Glorious Female Nude mod manually/in NMM so many times it driving me insane, because it still won't work properly.

I feel like a complete retard, am I just not installing mods right or what? I'm using a pirated version of the game, by the way..

>tfw its time to delete all of your saves and start a new character

>pirated version
theres your problem
ba2 mods need to be ripped and the data manually placed in the data folder for them to show up

>tfw I have to reinstall all the DLC and all my addons

>ba2 mods need to be ripped
explain pls

I got all my mods off of the nexus

I have manually added them to the plugins.txt as well with the asterisk to turn them on

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know how to get keywords to work in gun descriptions in game? As far as i can tell, my new keywords have everything the renamed 'change to .50cal or .308' keywords have, and the actual receivers have the keywords properly included, but all i can get to show up in the gun names in game is 'converted'. There must be some other part I'm missing, but i don't know where to look.

as in if the mod comes with models/materials/meshes in a .ba2 package, like bsa

they need to be opened and he contents extracted to your data folder

if that doesn't work you're fucked

l-lewd

why