>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

>SMT If... Tips & Tricks:
pastebin.com/KiwVr9Vy

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Hassohappa
twitter.com/KevinFrane/status/743119754861248512
gamefaqs.com/boards/997806-shin-megami-tensei-devil-survivor-overclocked/61603601
dijeh.tumblr.com/post/113286556493/a-splitting-headache-for-me-just-an-excuse-for
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is Matador supposed to be a hard fight or is he just a casual filter? I just beat him and it honestly didn't seem that bad with the right demons.

He's closer to a casual filter.
Matador will fuck up anyone who just spams attack, but if you pay attention to elements and buffs he's easy.

How in the fuck do you beat the Kourakuen Arena? I have tried making so many demons and they all fall flat because they do not attack enough. I remember it being easier too, I've made it to the final demon before but failed to it, and now I cannot even get to the 3rd/4th demon without failing, and I have better demons fighting this time. This is the last Pillar I need too. Is there a list of demon combinations to make better demons or something? I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Personally, I've always found his fight to come down to luck after he gets into the second stage with Taunt and Andalucia spam. Most of the time he will kill all of my party in the first turn of that. I would assume he is much more manageable on Normal mode, of course. I think it's the only fight in the game I ever had trouble, too.

QDS vol. 2 when?

I think I used the demon some guide recommended. Maybe Cerberus.

Shinkyaku Megami Tensei when?

Cerberus is key. The GameFAQs guide is pretty spot-on.

But for the whole tourney? No way. Cerberus is good but not that good. These enemies are tearing me apart. Just made Avatar Sphinx, gonna see how that goes.

It takes some luck even with Cerberus.

Yeah, you need some other decent demons, but Cerberus is the saving grace.

hey /smtg/, is there an undub patch for DDS?

But the english dub is good.

Made it to Bael's Castle. I also beat the game that requires the metal cards to play since I really like that one, got a cool little accessory.

Ao how strong would a Part-Fiend Samurai Kuzunoha who is also the King of Bel and can summon his Persona in the real world with the Wild Card be?

Why is he so cute?

Dumb hoyposter

Just finished Devil Survivor Overclocked with the Gin & Haru ending. Should I bother getting the other endings, or move on to another game?

The gin and haru ending doesn't even have an eighth day. Play amane's ending. Its unambiguously the best one.

Alright, I'll go for that one next. Any other ones I should go for, or should I stop after Amane?

Also, just to be sure, you unlock endings just by talking to people whenever they're available, right?

Naoya's good ending is fun.
You have to do certain things on some routes.

Not that user buy also about to beat overclocked for the first time (amane's route). Please tell me record breaker's plot is just as good

Mediocre and not as good.
The gameplay is better though.

Playing DeSu 2 right now. The plot is kinda interesting but the story and writing itself is pure shit.

I agree with this desu. And I'm a chaosfag.
>inb4 8th day
You can say whatever you want about the 8th day but going around working as an agent of YHVH fucking up all the unruly was fun as fuck.

What does Hassohappa even mean?

megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Hassohappa

>EIGHT DIRECTIONS EXPLOSIVE BLAST
>traditional basic move
>basic
Holy shit. I wonder how the more expert moves are called?

Obviously Omnidirectional Atomic Blast. What kind of pleb doesn't have that on all of his demons?

You, my friend, have some patrician taste right there.
>Best SMT Girl
>Best SMT Law Ending
>Best SMT Protag that isn't Hero

Hoy.

Hoy

>not posting Hoy pics while hoyposting
Also, threadly reminder that Garu is just a meme Zan.

Why is Hoy-man so shit? He ruined the whole game.

Hoy.

>But the english dub is good.
delusional EOP

It was decent at the very least though.

What the fuck is 'frog' status?

twitter.com/KevinFrane/status/743119754861248512

>Also, just to be sure, you unlock endings just by talking to people whenever they're available, right?
gamefaqs.com/boards/997806-shin-megami-tensei-devil-survivor-overclocked/61603601

But it was good. Stop being a weaboo.

delusional EOP

A broken piece of shit.

How the fuck do you beat her? I can't do it.

What level are you?

Attack her until she dies

If you don't mind a little grinding to get to 61 you'll be able to fuse Erlkonig and a Cherub. They're both law aligned and have powerful gun skills so between them and Doom guy she should go down pretty easily.

Are there any neutral demons around that level with decent gun skills, since my spess muhreen is neutral?

In SMT I, do Jin Dan's just stop working at a certain stage?

No.

They have not worked for me at all in the last 10 hours.

Kresnik, I think. Other than that nothing really comes to mind unfortunately. Either way you should be fine with those two demons and someone to buff/heal like usual. I don't think my alignment matched theirs when I first fought her either.

Is Devil Summoner on PSP any good

I stopped playing P3 because the environments were shit, characters were boring and everything went slow.

Yeah, they seem to work better out of battle but they still rarely worked for me.

From what I've heard it's amazing. I have a copy but I'm not playing it until after EP.

It's pretty good. I mean, if you don't speak Jap you won't get any of the story but it's Soul Hackers without all the running back and forth for dialogue.

What does the treatment of mainline Megaten remind me how West treats SaGa games?

Hoy.

Yo

Praise my Hoys.

Alberto Barbosa fix that emulator

Looks like a Devil Children demon.

Oh crap, I didn't even notice that.

What did they mean by that?

As long as there are humans who wish to turn the hope of others into despair to stisfy themselves The Goddess of the Night will descend to fuck shit up.

So P3 was a rehash?

>Kagutsuchi in Nocturne is actually YHVH himself.
>You kill YHVH before you actually prove yourself worthy of being able to kill the Great Will or being Lucifer's general.

Yes with some slight difference. P3 Nyx was original a space thing that became death itself.

P1 Nyx was the Greek Goddess.

>Kagutsuchi in Nocturne is actually YHVH himself

The fuck.

This ain't true at all.

The Great Will is heavily implied to be YHVH in Nocturne.

>comfy death
>To a bunch of YHVH slaves who are looking down and laughing at you.

It's some Japanese only info that mentions Kagutsuchi is the Nippon version of YHVH. It's as stupid as it sounds.

In the Persona series, Nyx stands as the representation of death and as the "Shadow" in humanity's Collective Unconscious. If people live in fear of death, then Nyx stays sealed inside de sea os souls, but when they begin to give into despair, she will come to bring Death to the world. That is what Eternal Night means.

The Nyx fought in P1 is an representation of the real thing as a mother goddess created by peoples minds, like the many other demons and gods. In P3 we see her come back in her actual form, as an alien star-killer with unfathomable power.

So, Persona 3 continues the themes of the Snow Queen quest, where as Persona 2 continues the SEBEC quest.

guys what the fuck i went into the cathedral of shadows and a papa jack frost gave me demons

how the fuck
who

What.

That is stupid.

That's how you get Zeus, Apollo, etc.

dijeh.tumblr.com/post/113286556493/a-splitting-headache-for-me-just-an-excuse-for

From Kaneko himself no less. It does fit with his mention in the Nocturne interview that all mythologies originate from Abrahamic Lore and YHVH.

>mythologies originate from Abrahamic Lore and YHVH

Huh, i rather like that idea.

It reinforces that YHVH IS the the big man himself.

Kagutsuchi is just an avatar for the Great Will, he's the same as YHVH but it's not him.

Well something to also remember is that before that point he was once part of a pantheon of different gods worshiped at one time by different tribes alongside Baal and Asherah.

That's where the whole him usurping the old gods and defeating Bel comes from in the series.

Unfortunately that's very likely not the case for Nocturne due to the fact that absolute monotheism doesn't exist in that game. So him and Kagutsuchi likely are the same things since the Great Will created two absolute beings to embody Light and Darkness. Lucifer is darkness by the way.

Not only does the lady in black bring up how the dark and light have been in eternal combat, it's also mentioned that God is the light of the world to Lucy's dark. Which is consistent with Kagutsuchi and his role.

Let's create a general made of bumps

Hoy.

I just found the Counter-Demon base in Tokyo

What the fuck are alignments? I just read the pastebin and there's some shit about Chaos, Law and Neutral

Whether you will side with the angels,lucifer or masakado

what

what the fuck is masakado

and why would I care? If you're talking about the prologue I obviously want to side with Walter

You know nothing, just keep playing.

It's used in FF7, but I still don't know.

SMTXMad Maz

Shit I meant this for Finally got my internet working again.

There's a short Water/Jon route. Even if you disagree with Walt when it happens, it's the more enjoyable of the two.

So is 4A harder or easier than 4?

Imagine: Fusing demons to your car/bike and then fighting guys in the desert.