Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)

>EOV color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-rWgTtq1qk4
a.uguu.se/HwxmCqCDt8oc.webm
youtu.be/IwdRPQVZ75U?t=24s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

more gays

Breed with bushi for future generations.

If you could only choose one EO girl's navel to lick for all eternity, which one would it be?

NO MORE GAYS

youtube.com/watch?v=-rWgTtq1qk4

Literally impossible.

Literally just memorize her pattern and counter appropriately

git gud

Yeah, I've noticed that she sticks to a specific attack pattern very closely.
It's just that at the point when she casts lullaby for the second time I have one half-dead tentacle that binds my entire party.
Arianna is my only source of aoe damage, and she needs to use two turns to apply prevent order on the whole party.
Also sometimes Faf is unlucky and gets killed by the boss' physical attack, and Arianna can't link on her own, so that's basically a wipe as well.
I'll probably just write down the whole battle plan turn by turn.

don't die

Gotta do it better.
a.uguu.se/HwxmCqCDt8oc.webm

>hollow dodged the attack
>moth comes behind me and fucks me in the ass

fuck

Circles and Flame Wall are very helpful here.

yeah, I didn't know you had to use leg binds on them. I thought sleep would be enough

I'm pretty confident there's a way to fuck Scylla, user.

man, fuck that hollow queen fight
>random oneshotting attacks out of nowhere even when I'm not binded or panicked
seriously what the fuck

Good night, /ricky/.

Paralyze will do the trick too.

you know what to do lads

post teams, r8 and h8

Default Human is cestus

>Default Human is cestus
Every single time.

>Eve Online Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
>Eve Online V Information
>Eve Online color editor

Pshh, nothing personnel...kid.

Kimono a best

I'll miss her a lot.

How come we always see the generic vessels with bows but they can't use one in a fight? They can use rapiers, but not bows.

ded

Bunnies are okay. Furries are shitty.

Same reason why elves are often associated with archery but are always only good for magic in vidya.

Really? Tolkien has loads of arrow-shooting elves

>in vidya

>play EOU and EO2U story modes
>start playing EO4
>no pre-made party
>don't know what to do
>just end up using the five characters on the box art
Welp.

You really like these don't you?

I own 3 sets.

How long does it take for the Wyvern in 2U to respawn?

The same as every boss. 14 days

Awright. Thanks.

I beat EO4 and am now hungry for more. Should I get EO2U? I already played EO1 years ago.

What is this pairing?

What concrete connections between the games do we have? The QR code items from 4 mentioning Etria, High Lagaard and Armoroad don't cut it for me.

They were all released under the same name, just with different numbers and subtitles

That's pretty much just fanservice and serve no real purpose.

Would it be too autistic if I storyblogged about my team's adventures in the labyrinth?

No, do it

Autistic yes but not noteworthy excessive. You will most likely attract those other autists who get angry every time someone posts stuff they don't think belongs here though.

Regardless I'm always interested in other the adventures of other anons, pretty sure a lot others are too and we're always dead anyways.

Most obvious thing would be the different classes persisting through the games.

The fact that Hexers, Ronins, and such exist both in Etria and High Lagaard lends credence to the idea that the people of Etrian and High Lagaard live in the same world.

Following that logic, you could say that Armoroad exists far from Etria or High Lagaard, and as such, the classes, or disciplines, are almost completely different.

Of course, that could all just be chalked up to gameplay mechanics, but still, it's probably the strongest connection we've got in the main games. It really all boils down to why the first tree exists and how there could be other trees after, or at the same time as it. At best, you could make a decent argument that EO and EO2 exist in the same world as the events that take place and their history don't contradict each other too much, beyond the fact that High Lagaard also possesses a world tree.

As for concrete proof, we're pretty much out of luck. The overarching narrative of the Untold series seems to be linking the games together into one world, with the world trees being part of the Yggdrasil Project: a coalition of scientists that engineered the trees, and other various methods, to cleanse the earth. Visil, the Overlord, the Queen of High Lagaard, and Ricky, in some capacity, were all members of the Yggdrasil project and they will likely tie in Armoroad/Deep City officials into it if EOU3 ever happens.

>The fact that Hexers, Ronins, and such exist both in Etria and High Lagaard lends credence to the idea that the people of Etrian and High Lagaard live in the same world.
Also, you know, the fact that you can carry over your guild and the game will mention your past exploits in Etria if you do. There's also Wealh for a concrete connection between 1/2 and 3. It's 4 where the connection to the others isn't nearly as clear.

There is no connection between 1-2 and 3

All the post game characters are references to the first and second games, and since we weren't counting the QR codes that give you trinkets from the first three games in 4, I didn't count the password for 2.

How do you explain Wealh?

Genderbender fanservice

Guess I'll start a new adventure in EO3 since I know what I'm doing and won't embarrass myself. I'll probably end up embarrassing myself. Prepare for incoming autism.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Disregarding the post game characters, there is another NPC that might have some connection to the 2nd game.

In the Sea Quest "For a Mutated Girl" the NPC WIldling Glaukos hires the adventurers to help him slay a particular monster since he can't do it alone. That monster in question turns out to be Scylla, or a Scylla. You defeat her alongside Glaukos and he tells you his story afterwards. Apparently, he was part of a guild that has since disbanded, but that one of the women of his guild had been turned into that Scylla, and he had since tracked her down to put her out of her misery. It's possible Artelindes sister was not the only woman the Overlord turned into a Scylla, and that Glaukos's guildmate met a similar fate and ended up leaving High Lagaard by sea.

Wasn't Scylla in EO3 the maiden of the island?

Also, the fact that Glaukos uses only a Tiger to attack as a Wildling hints that he is not actually a "wildling" but instead some other class and a Beast class traveling together.

The locals called her the Maiden of the Island since she was disrupting trade routes to and from the island. When you get there, the guard is surprised you managed to elude her.

That's the mythology behind Scylla. EO2 and EO3 both draw from it, and that doesn't make that part of EO3 a reference to EO2 in any way.

>Having journeyed far from your homeland in search of - ah, what were you after again? Well, that doesn't matter right now. With no ental to your name, and no duties to uphold, the promises of the Senatus were difficult to refuse.

>You disembark from your ship, taking your first good look at the view before you.
>Your eyes are met with a splendid sight: the sunny seaside city of Armoroad, in all its glory.
>Though the city's beauty is captivating, your quickly remember that you will have to pay for your meals. You decide to make your way to your destination immediately.

>You spy a burly man, passing through the docks, carrying with him a colossal blade. You ask for directions.
>"Excuse me, how do I get to the Explorer's Guild?"
>The man directs your attention to one of the many bustling streets, which seem packed with all manner of exotic foreigner.

>It would seem that you are not the only new arrival.

>EO3
>Ocean theme
>Scylla
>No Charybdis

Fuck off.

Eh, that's way too similar to what happens in EO2 to just be a coincidence.

The fact that it's called "For a Mutated Girl" and that Glaukos specifically went out of his way to track her down suggest more than just a flight of fancy.

The full description for the quest is:

Glaukos, an old soldier, seems to have a connection to the monster threatening Aeaea. To cut his ties to the past, he stands up with his partner, a Tiger."

After you defeat Scylla, he mentions that a "burden" has been lifted, as if he believes it's his fault that she ended up that way, perhaps because of a lack of vigilance or strength.

No you.

That's still her mythology. Try looking up Glaukos.

What did I do to offend you, Teachfag?

>"Hello, newcomers. You're standing in the one and only explorers guild in the ocean city of Armoroad..."
>You lose interest as the guildmaster lectures you, handing you papers that you don't bother looking over.
>You are caught off guard when he suddenly tells you to write the name of your guild on the certificate.

What is the guild name?

I did. And there's nothing about our Glaukos eating herbs and turning into a fishman, or an alternate explanation on how the woman he was tracking became a Scylla.

However, we already know of one other woman, who was mutated and turned into a Scylla, and that her peers also blamed themselves for the state she ended up in and had similar qualms about putting her out of her misery.

The Etrian Odyssey series as a whole borrows heavily from many methologies, have the bosses are just gods and creatures from different lore. To say that Scylla in particular is just copy pasted into EO when we already have an in game explanation for how someone might end up a "Scylla" would be foolish.

Why is she called Teach?

>And there's nothing about our Glaukos eating herbs and turning into a fishman
Might want to read more carefully. Neither one does that.
>or an alternate explanation on how the woman he was tracking became a Scylla
Are you sure you found the right Glaukos? Try a little harder.

Are you picking your teams based on looks alone, or how useful each class is going to be in combat?

The only Glaukos relating to Scylla that I can find is the one that tries to get with the nymph Scylla, but is repulsed by his "fish-like features" and ran away from him. He goes to Circe to get a love potion but she ends up turning Scylla into a monster since she wants Glaukos for herself.

If there's another Glaukos, you're going to have to point me in the right direction.

Both.
First, I choose with classes I want to use, and from there choose the portraits.

I can't decide with Dragoon I want to use, though. They all look pretty great.

And then I'm not sure if I want to use Necromancer or Warlock.

>He goes to Circe to get a love potion but she ends up turning Scylla into a monster since she wants Glaukos for herself.
This and the explicit mention of Aeaea are the parts you want to pay more attention to.

I'm lost and you're going to have to spell it out for me.

I'm not saying there aren't parallels to the actual Glaucus and Scylla, and our Glaukos and Scyllas, but we've got an old guard and his Tiger, from a far away land, chasing down a woman he knew before she was mutated into monster. The fact that the setting for this battle and the names of the characters are similar is just as much an homage to the mythology as it is to the previous game.

Whether that actually connects the 2 games in any meaningful way beyond just a neat little aside is debatable.

No one cared who she was until she put on the swimsuit.

Wait not even then.

And do we know what were the names of the cities/characters/monsters in the Japanese version?

Because this may be just things the localization team just made up.

No seriously, why is she called Teach? Is there a 4koma or something?

Literally yes.

But that's Shiitake user

Don't compare that old hag with the cute offspring of a cute, canon pair.

???

I mean the protector from EO1. Why is she called Teach?

Yes, there's a official comic where the medic from EO1 refers to the protector from EO1 as "Teach".

Because You replied the OP, but the character there is not Teach, but female Highlander (Shiitake)

This?

Yes.

>"T-Teacher, you sound like the Elitists".

Scylla is called スキュレー in both EO2 and EO3 and Glaukos is called グラウコス which is literally Glaucus, and Aeaea is アイエイア which is pretty much the same, so I think it's safe to assume that the localization team stuck pretty close the original.

All of the info can be seen here, if there's someone actually proficient in Japanese.

youtu.be/IwdRPQVZ75U?t=24s

I'm saying everything fits well with the mythology, and anything that also happens to fit with EO2 is only because they're referencing the same mythology. Mysterious guy fits, woman he knew that was turned into Scylla fits, guilt about the transformation due to his implied involvement in it fits, Aeaea fits. Both his feeling guilty about the woman being turned into Scylla and the mention of Aeaea are explained by the mythology but not by EO2. And yes, the names and story are all mostly the same in Japanese.

>Glaukos is called グラウコス which is literally Glaucus
It's Glaukos, actually.

Oh, well I misunderstood. I was never arguing the ties to mythology, I thought you were seriously implying that the fact that he was an old guard traveling with his tiger, from a far away land in search of a woman that had been mutated into a monster and his guilt revolving that drew no similarities between the Esbat guild, that resided in a land where tigers could be domesticated, who also knew a woman that had been mutated into the exact same monster by a madman known for kidnapping multiple people and turning them into monsters before setting them loose in the labyrinth, who also harbored guilt for what happened to their friend.

Just put it in a wordpress or Pastebin or something. That's how everyone does these EO storyblogs anyway.

Do these games take place in different universes or do Yggdrasil trees just grow in multiple different places of the same world?

EO1 and 2 are probably the most connected, but never really anything other than you have the same classes and there's references to Etria in 2, and EOU2 tried to tie them even more. Though we don't really don't know how 3 fits in to this(the Yggdrasil in 4 fits into EOU's Yggdrasil project), so if there ever was a EOU3, they would have to rercon shit to get it to fit with EOU.

That's the big question.

The only thing we know for sure is that in the Untold series, at the very least, Etria, High Lagaard, and Armoroad all exist in the same world.

For the main games, there isn't so much that contradicts the possibility that the stories take place in the same world as there is a serious drought of information that is missing that might connect them.

There's no explanation for why High Lagaard has a world tree, and Visil doesn't mention that there were multiple trees, but he also doesn't say there aren't multiple trees.

In 3, the events are pretty much self contained and they could essentially take place at any time in the EO or EO2 worlds.

In 4, the tree is created in a similar fashion as in EO, but the method is far more advanced; the "ancient" humans of EO4 were thousands of years more technologically advanced than the humans that created the tree in EO.

The origin of Yggdrasil in EO3 is entirely different to what the other games have implied (and what EOU solidified), but EOU2 directly references EOU, and teases at an EOU3, so maybe the devs have a story of sorts figured out for it.
Maybe the developed Yggdrasils were made from what researchers learnt of the original, spacefaring Yggdrasil.

Or maybe they aren't related at all since all they have in common is being big trees.

Big trees all called "Yggdrasil" with a labyrinth inside them where each stratum is exactly five floors deep