/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Not a waitfag edition

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/G62kmvSd
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki ++READ THIS++
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 may get released soon. Make sure to block updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272362-gd-mega-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-usa-eur-undub-updated-mod.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for hot anime babes

Just finished installing A9LH with Luma3DS. What are some must-have homebrew tools or modifications I should do?

Already used howling theme tool, playcoin setter, and infinite streetpass plaza tickets.

>infinite streetpass plaza tickets
whats that? like unli play?

Just finished Plailect's guide. I can access the eshop without worrying about anything, right?

yep everything works the same

You're supposed to get tickets by streetpassing and playing the games. Instead I just inserted a bunch but all you can get with them are hats I believe. I also installed the dlc streetpass games

Great! Thanks.

>order 2 FE special edition N3DS' for my girlfriend and me
>both have TN screens
Oh well, I honestly cba returning them

What steps do I need to take to get FE Fates, the Japanese version, with an english translation? Just finished the guide.

Get jksm to manage and back up saves, some sort of ftp program to easily send files to and from your 3ds without taking out your SD card

Maybe you could install NTR if you wanna fuck around with any of its features but like 90% of them are already in Luma3ds i think so unless you want shitty experimental video streaming

most likely a patched cia for that

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272362-gd-mega-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-usa-eur-undub-updated-mod.html

Thanks.

Does that exclude the skinship?

I guess so. You have a few versions to choose from there, there's a clean cia, a cia with only UNDUB, a cia with gay marriage patch, a cia with swimsuit restoration patch and combinations of those.
I only played with the undub and swimsuit restoration and kinships were working like normal.

That sucks mate. I had an TN screen in the regular 3DS so when I didn't really care when I also received a N3DS with a tn screen.

It's really fucking pathetic that nintendo does this kind of shit. Either make all the screens ips or tn, not this lottery fuckery.

I've tried 2 different .cia updates for sm4sh, and it still gives me an install error.
I even uninstalled and deleted all the data from the system and tried re-installing everything, and it's still the same result. Can anyone help me pleeease?

Also, I can't help but mention that I installed everything using cias first, and when 1.1.6 came, I tried using the official update method to no avail.

How do you even know which is TN and IPS anyway?

Are you using the newest FBI version?

after doing the hax just for uncensorship of TMS why hasn't it been patched yet? how long has it been this simple to do?

i dont actually own a pii u myself so i never followed the scene

how do you get the infinite tickets?

"TN" and "IPS" are just some random letters /hbg/ shitposters put together to make everyone worry about it. They don't even have a meaning, you're just getting trolled.

You just check the view angles. IPS has much, much better view angles and better colors, but TN has better blacks (and response time, but it's irrelevant on 3ds)

what error, what firmware, what version of fbi etc
can't help when you're vague as fuck

I'm guessing I'm not, I haven't been here since 'smegma' was every other word.

I'm googling the latest version now, gonna install that soon.

sorry nigger. I tried to be as specific as I could without my 3ds at hand.
I guess I can tell you my emuNAND is 10.7
or 10.6
I forgot, fuck you.

ty

Uh, no.

Alright, thanks. I'm buying a new 3DS soon but I think that if I get a TN panel I'll just keep it. Too much of a hassle to return it.

FBI version 1.4.17
EmuNAND 10.7

part of Error Message (after reaching 99%):
Install failed!
SUMMARY INVALID ARGUMENT (0x7)
DESCRIPTION INVALID SIGNATURE (0x6a)

Yeah, it's really important to some people and others don't care. The fact is that the angles don't really matter for me because I play with 3ds in front of me anyway.
Not worth for me returning 2 special editions that are out of stock already anyway

is there any trick to make browser hack work faster? I've been trying for like 20 minutes and I get errors all the time
I cleared the data, changed date/time and stuff

yeah try with the latest fbi, if you're using an injected fbi you can use that to install the new one
what error? what color does it freeze on?

Either on yellow or before any color comes on the screen.

It just says that an error has occurred and to restart the 3ds and try again.
I'm on N3DS if it matters.

Thanks, I'm doing that now

I just homebrewed my Wii U and all I have to say is the Homebrew Launcher has a very catchy tune.
I could listen to this all day.

it werked, thnx broheim

Am I correct to assume that I have to delete (not unlink) my NNID to enter a region-changed eShop because it might/does store my CID?

I have to say I dislike the glossy finish on my N3ds XL. I liked matte on O3ds xl much better

Can I just copy/paste any installed games (with cia) between SD cards and consoles, or will I need to reinstall them?

I'm just holding out for a DSi2. That thing was so sucking comfy, even if it didn't have the GBA slot, it was the best damn handheld I ever owned.
All you needed on that thing was Sudoku and Flipnote, and the brightness hotkey was fucking neato; a feature I sorely miss.

Does anyone have a Pokémon Fire Red Backwards .cia?

>Buying a DSi
>When o3DS and n3DS exist
For what purpose except maybe nostalgia
You mean Der Erif?
I don't think there's an inject for that yet.

SD to SD drag and drop works with a9lh, between consoles both have to be a9lh'd and you can system transfer normally but have to reinstall the games

So I can't just copy/paste the game folders even wehn I reinstall a9lh?

I got my dsi in '11
I said I'm holding out for a DSi2, a spiritual successor to the first one.

How the fuck do I get dosbox retroarch working on my 3ds?
I've tried looking through guides online and I'm helplessly lost. Regular dosbox worked fine out of the box on my wii, why the hell can't it get ported to the 3ds?

Are what they are saying accurate?
Basically R4i GOLD 3DS vs R4i SDHC 3DS
>the former has its website up, the latter does not
>they are the same price

holy shit. /hbg/ is so dead because of ZTD huh.

also, is there a play order for phoenix wright games? i want to know because i want to get to it.

dunno, last part is bullshit though
yes they are in order from 1 2 and 3

oh, some are DS games.

main series is all on 3ds with PW trilogy and dual destinies

>holy shit. /hbg/ is so dead because of ZTD huh.
it's dead because it's /hbg/, as it should be
this isn't /flavour of the month general/

Which Flashcarts were supported from Homemenu launch?

Just get the trilogy version for 3ds, and play left to right.
Then Apollo justice.
Then DD.

>Then Apollo justice
>making him play that
not nice

Sure, have no idea what's going on in large parts of DD. Sounds like a great idea.

worth

ok thanks. im downloading it now. glad the trilogy is just 500mb. prof layton vs phoenix wright, is it a game of it's own? or should i play the others before it?

Is there any real reason to switch to Luma from Rxtools if I never intend to play online and am getting what I want from what I currently have?

PW Layton happens sometime after T&T

Aurora Wright was a mistake. rxTools sucked but at least its devs weren't grade A cancer.

Time to stop the gatehate anons

Gatebait

>caring about the creator of a product at all
I literally couldn't care less if he is a serial murderer or not.
Luma3DS is a robust piece of software, with a lack of documentation on how things work.
And I don't mean the end-user features but the software in general.

paying to pirate is shit. therefore gatewait is shit

>not caring about the creator
By using it, you implicitly give influence and credibility to the creator, and with that comes power that can be abused.

what happened?

A friend of mine who got its N3DS updated by me wants a CFW now. He didn't want before, that's why it git updated.

Should I wait or just open his console? It doesn't look like we will get anything soon.

Could someone recommend me a good 32 GB micro sd brand to go with a new 3ds ? because i see some people recommend sandisk ultra card but i want to be sure

shark

>tfw no sky3ds master race hate
feels good

This: It's bretty gud.

Anything Class 10 from any brand that you know it actually exists. SanDisk, Kingston, Samsung.

You two are way too funny guys xD epic meme, upvoted.

there is literally nothing wrong with sharks

>Sharks
>Not Monkeys

So I'm looking at the guide for updating from rxtools to Luma3DS and I'm a bit confused. How the fuck do I know which way my cfw is being booted? I haven't touched my 3ds in months. All I can remember is that I would open up the browser and go to some rxtools site and boot up emunand from there.

That's the way your CFW boots

So is that CTR Boot Manager or Menuhax? I'm positive it isn't homebrew launcher

Get A9LH user

Do this

Alrighty, thanks~

Read the guide in the OP.
I was in the same boat as you not too long ago. Migrated to a9lh successfully on the first try (not counting one time I had to boot without SD card).

there's no apollo justice cia.

its a DS game retard

buy it or pirate it. its essentially to play

Rythm Heaven Megamix is legit fun

my n3ds just came from the mail but my charger didn't, does the battery come already charged? would I damage the battery if I use it before charging it full first?

Lithium batteries don't need that "24hs charge before first use" meme, that's for old acid batteries.

feels bad. i'll worry about that later.

emulate it. the ds emulator works well even on toasters

JUST PINGO

Got a PSP with I think 6.2 on it. I remember back in the day having some nice CFW that did fancy shit like plugin menus and lots of hidden extras like always-USB-charging and changing USB target to UMD (for iso copying) or different parts of the flash.

Is there a CFW out there that enables this kind of stuff?

This kind of stuff ro 6.2?

We /arrested by Ninty/ yet?
Any news on the Maintenance?
Any updates to Freeshit and CIAngel?
Was that ZTD leak real?

1. Who cares
2. No
3. No, but they still work
4. Yes

no
no
no
yes

no no no yea

Is there a Cryptofixed ztd yet?

About to A9LH a fresh 9.2 n3ds with a 64 gigabyte SD card for a friend, what program does /hbg/ recommend for formatting the SD for fat 32?

>looking to buy R4i Gold 3DS in europe
>find a cheap one (€16)
>site expects me to enter my credit card info on a non-secure page
Yeah no, I'm not falling for that.
What's a good legit flashcart seller with reasonable prices? In europe preferably for fast shipping and less shenanigans.

Anyone tried the new a9lh thing where you don't need a microsd any more because it's all on the system memory?