/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

>Summary from the latest Live Letter:
pastebin.com/x3petsBx (embed)

>Current Event - Summer DLC Campaign (June 14—27)
ffxivredeem.com/

>Patch Notes:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/197e9c8b2f04efdecffe26bebe43b40551d1e3e8

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL (embed)

>Previously on /xivg/

xth for i love lizard boys

I approve immensely of the op image.

naka bp

video games bp
anyone

xth for Godspeed

2nd for this game will never be better than it was during 2.4-2.55

what the fuck dude

>doing MSQ duty finder
>miss out on every cutscene due to party rushing through everything

I guess I'll Youtube it. Not really mad, just don't know why I was surprised.

xth for RIP moonies

You can rewatch cutscenes at inn rooms

7 people aint gonna wait for you to spend 30-60 minutes watching cutscenes

You can go to the inn and go to the "Never Ending Journey" and you can watch the cutscene there. You can also wear silly outfits to make it even better.

xth 4 xth

Oh shit, you're right. I forgot about that.

Thanks user

I know. That's why I'm surprised I expected anything but

I want to pet his hair

Hope you're all having quite an enjoyable morning / day.

I really enjoyed the game then. CT was a fun diversion and Shiva / pony farming was still a little fresh. Finally downing T13 was wondrous.

There's a book in an inn room you can use to rewatch any cutscene.

The best advice is to get the Halloween costume for 5 usd from the MogStation and just have a good time with it.

xth for summoner

Five

Five

Five

Five

hey

You piece of shit. You even got the exact color too.

> tfw you're new to ERP and your partner tells you they have "finished" 5 times.

maybe i'm a natural at this

xth for no male ra eb

nth for mid and highlanders

So I'm about to attack Ultima Weapon, assuming this queue pops before I lose interest tonight.

How many more MSQs do I have

{Yes, please.}

lalafell stronk

It's the way of the arcanist, friend. Embrace it.

>tfw ERPing a good scene
>net cuts out
>come back later; apologize
>partner thought I finished and cut

Felt bad. There's also the classic

>partner goes silent and dc's
>never returns

I'm literally level 1, I ain't no fucking healer.

like 5

If you want we could get a group of 3 or 4 people together and go through it with you to get the real experience

whos this cute fat tail

I'm a SMN.

That's fair.

>Tfw I will never be a mentor since I have no healing class at 60
feels good though.

Xth for zonking out.

Quite a bit.
Hopefully it goes smoothly for ya.

Lalafell wife

sounds like they're really horny because people's skill doesn't relate to how many times i cum

A mostly lurker on a dead server...

Bring you and your friend to Balmung. We will all form a welcoming train for the both of you.

What job has the biggest cool factor?

>Can't even enjoy the character cause they share this /xivg/ faggot's name

Why do healers not like it when I pop PLD cooldowns when my health is dropping below say 20%?
It seems to make them really angry and say I lack "trust" but I am just covering my own ass and I thought at the same time making the healers job easier?

SMN

only once a minute though

such a qt p2t~

Yeowch. I've yet to run in to people that "finish and cut". I'd probably instantly blacklisted those people had you not mentioned they could just be having internet issues.

But isn't it what you say do that effects someone elses hornyness?

>being triggered this much over 2 words

>decide to make a character that looks like Squall
>come across this scene
>can't help but see that crystal as the ice shard that went through Squall's chest

Squall is dead.

xth for my nigga ozma

SUMMONER!

z

Lalafell husbando

warrior
{fell cleave}
{decimate}

Xth for early morning indecisiveness.
Finishing relic and waiting on shit to sell has left me with nothing to do.

I wish we got more than 2 spells that use that casting animation, it's really cool looking.

>Allagan Tank Chest

Don't know what people love about this.

Intriguing

>went lala again
>fug

Yeah it's really nice
Same for the crossed arms ruin 1 pose

>Craftsmanship V in the 5th slot
what kind of madman would do this

I'll just stick with this forever
until tanks can glamour cloth armor

DRK's abilities look sweet.

>ywn have a lala waifu/husbando to pet you while standing on a stool

gil buyers or CraftV's are dirt cheap

Can I rub your tummy

>destroy Ultima Weapon
>make Gaius cry
>place explodes

I'm really not looking forward to doing the rest of these MSQs just to get to Heavensward.

I'm going to be trying that when I get more Gil. You HAVE to in order to even get somewaht close to getting near cap.

Craft V's are 700-800k each on my server
5th slot with V materia is what, a 2.6% chance?

7% according to Ariyala

Is that just flakes from the frost in shiva's arena or am I seeing stars/outer space inside the DRK LB?

7%

How's everyone's Tank designs coming along? Deadline is soon!

ty

Personally I think there needs to be more stylish coats for tanks.
Or more plate that doesn't look overdesigned and completely non-functional.

Honest question.
How do you guys feel about the Warrior class?
As a somewhat new player who has less then 1000 hours, I have come to notice that WAR is capable of adequately fulfilling two out of the three holy trinity MMO roles in any content.
They have high enough health and defensive cooldowns to mitigate damage, combos that of course generate enmity, and DPS comparable to the worst designated DPS class in the game. The only other class I know of that is similar is SCH, which can heal and DPS sufficiently as well.

I can't help but feel it makes playing any other tanking class completely pointless. Sure, you can play DRK or PLD for fun, but as an autist, it always severely bothers me knowing I could be doing way more for my group by playing WAR.

The way I see it is you're offered a job, lets just say janitor.
Three different companies offer you this janitor position, but they all are willing to pay different salaries.
PLD is like $25K/yr, DRK $30K/yr , and WAR $40K/yr.
Why would you NOT chose Warrior? You do essentially the same thing across all three, but get way more out of it going with WAR.

It feels entirely imbalanced and discourages players from playing as the other two available tanks. Worst of all is the sad fucking state of PLD, with absolutely abysmal DPS compared to any other class besides healers.

I am interested in how you guys feel about this, and in general the supreme meta that seems to hover over this game: No matter the class, DPS.

Wish this was crafted so I could dye it. Love the armor design but hate the colors they picked for the Tank version.

You may be new but you're absolutely right. WAR is overpowered. Good DPS, acceptable tanking, good buffs/debuffs.. what more could you want?

PS: I wouldn't put PLD below DRK. They're either equal or PLD has the slight edge.

gib lala

you're kinda off about a couple things but as far as warrior and scholar go, most people are well aware that the two most flagrantly overpowered classes in the game are SCH and WAR

they're not replaceable at all and no other class actually vies for their spots either (AST competes with WHM [badly], DRK competes with PLD)

Paladin having the worst DPS would be fine if it was capable of pulling and sustaining enmity towards large groups of enemies more effectively.
It's mostly fine in trials and raids but in any old dungeon with a shit ton of adds they just get swarmed.

Yeah I'd super rather have it green
or just black

What top is this?

They call us MIB.

Men in Beep.

Drops from the 2 new dungeons

beep & neuralyze me pls

Can't let you do that.
That Lala is effectively my FC's mom.
Even though they're not in my FC.

people really overhype WAR's dps

yes, it does more damage than the other tanks
no, it doesn't do anywhere near as much damage as a dps even in OT stance
keep in mind the difference in dps between a WAR and the lowest dps tank (PLD) is not that big, WAR only pulls ahead dramatically in AoE situations but that's more of a PLD flaw than anything

there's a reason the meta is PLD/DRK - WAR rather than 2 WARs

>there's a reason the meta is PLD/DRK - WAR rather than 2 WARs
Who told you such blatant lies and why would you believe them

So it's not just me? Everyone says they can hold aggro well but I tried tank research facility with a BLM and a MNK and the moment I stopped mashing flash I'd lose enmity

If you don't mind me asking, what gives PLD the advantage over DRK? I've played PLD to 60 and got WAR to 50, but haven't touched DRK.

To you and the poster I quoted above, would you want to see a massive re-balancing of tank classes (healer too perahps?) to make the choice between which job to play less obvious and objective in 4.0?

I agree with what you said but the reason people don't bring 2 WARS (or 2 of any job for that matter) is LB building, not for any reason related to the job itself.

You do realize that the only reason why people don't take 2xWAR is because having more than 1 of the same job slows down limit break progress, right?

NOW I know

Better defensive cooldowns, better enmity generation.
It kind of depends on the fight though. Lots of physical damage = bring PLD. Lots of magical damage = bring DRK.
Having a DRK also lets you swap out your MNK for a NIN.

Not the user you quoted, but I play PLD and struggle with the Bioculture Nodes in the research facility. When they spawn in that massive amount of adds, I always have to panic and smash flash rotating between a bunch of enemies and one or two still manage to break away for a bit.
PLD feels pretty cucked desu, but I may be wrong.

Yes, please.

the classes don't need a massive rebalancing at all.

in my very not-game-designer opinion: Samurai needs to be the aggressive off tank to compete with Warrior's slot, and a healer needs to be introduced that directly competes with Scholar as well.

as far as rebalancing the tanks, they're pretty much fulfilling the right roles right now. DRK and PLD will trade blows based on what better suits the content, but they're as balanced as you can get currently without homogenizing further imo. the main tank balance issue is that warrior doesn't have another class competing for it's off-tank slot, so it's just guaranteed. the same thing goes for scholar.

that said, if they make Samurai in attempt to compete with warrior they have to be very careful if they don't want the meta to just become WAR + SAM. not saying it'd really be a problem but they've got a lot of balancing work to do if that's the plan

I've been ERPing for over 15 years. I can write paragraph upon paragraph and have partners who can do the same.

I don't actually get off to anything super detailed though. The people that make me cum the hardest and fastest are all pretty bad at RP and writing in a literary sense but they sure as fuck know what to say to turn me on.