/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

On This Day for 27th June
1542 Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo claims California for Spain
1743 War of the Austrian Succession: Battle of Dettingen: in Bavaria, King George II of Britain personally leads troops into battle. The last time a British monarch would command troops in the field.
1929 1st color TV demo (NYC)
1950 North Korean troops reach Seoul, UN asks members to aid South Korea, Harry Truman orders US Air Force & Navy into Korean conflict
1967 The world's first ATM is installed in Enfield, London

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76 (embed)

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk (embed)

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr (embed)

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV (embed)

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Willy

Codreanu

>1950 North Korean troops reach Seoul, UN asks members to aid South Korea, Harry Truman orders US Air Force & Navy into Korean conflict
>tfw EvW is dead for fucking HoI4

pls buy

Reminder to buy and support the devs

WE DID IT LADS. BY CREATING TWO THREADS AT THE SAME TIME THE REMINDER GUY WAS BTFO

IT'S OVER

So glad I pirated that piece of shit. Now to wait for a year untill its playable to pirate it again.

They're not getting a cent from me.

Post obscure /gsg/ memes

pedos btfo

Why does the HoI4 map look so shit compared to their other games?

Because realism is not a valid argument

Lads the other thread is gaining on us

see

yeah it's bullshit cuz this one was first

We must feed the janny with /gsg/ memes or we'll be deleted

>I've been here before a few times
>and I'm quite aware we're dying

spot the real arumba

faggot

Alright, can we put the memes aside for a moment and all agree that, for what it set out to do, HoI4 is a success? It gave us a WWII grandstrat free from all the archaic bullshit of Darkest Hour, and also much easier to get into than HoI3. Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy wasting an hour to fix their OoB every time they start a game of HoI3? Not to mention that, rather than needing to tediously micromanage industry like in other HoI games, HoI4's industry is both streamlined as well as more intuitive than the previous games. Yeah, it's true that HoI4 leads to more "ahistorical" scenarios, but isn't that the point? Why even bother playing the game if the outcome is predetermined form the start? Moreover, from a pure gameplay perspective, giving the player more options, whether they be historical or ahistorical, is a total success. Sure, Mosley ruling Britain never could have happened in reality, but it's fun to have the ability to easily do so in video game form.

Overall, I feel that HoI4 is getting a lot of undeserved hate simply because it isn't a total copy of HoI3 with slightly better graphics. Of COURSE the game is different - HoI3 already exists, there would be no point to making the same game again! HoI4 may be different, but that's by design, not by some unforeseen flaw, and it should be celebrated for the changes it made, not hated on.

>someone took the time to make this

Wrong, real arumba is home, crying and having autism attacks

Why is Johan so based lads?

>Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy wasting an hour to fix their OoB every time they start a game of HoI3?
Copypasta, but yes

top kek

>Alright, can we put the memes aside for a moment and all agree that, for what it set out to do, HoI4 is a success?
No.

>It gave us a WWII grandstrat free from
Free from all the strategy. Build 7x inf and 2x artillery divisions as Poland and take over the world.

>Yeah, it's true that HoI4 leads to more "ahistorical" scenarios, but isn't that the point?
No, it's not.

>Why even bother playing the game if the outcome is predetermined form the start?
To shape history in your own way within world war 2. Not playing fantasy "world war 2" from the start of the game. But it's okay, they included a "historical focus" tick box-which does nothing

On thing is for the player to shape the history around him in a realistic and plausible world war two scenario another is 20 japanese divisions fighting in Norway in 1940 and 54 Romanian divisions crossing the Soviet Union (without asking for mil access because the Soviet Union is in war with the allies over some bullshit and this somehow means they let anyone cross their country as long as they're fighting the allies as well cause fuck realism) to fight in Burma.

>Moreover, from a pure gameplay perspective, giving the player more options, whether they be historical or ahistorical, is a total success.
What options are available to the player that were not available in previous iterations?

>Overall, I feel that HoI4 is getting a lot of undeserved hate simply because it isn't a total copy of HoI3 with slightly better graphics
No, it's shit, and so was HoI3.

>HoI4 may be different, but that's by design, not by some unforeseen flaw, and it should be celebrated for the changes it made, not hated on.
Wonderful changes such as Italy sending 100 divisons trough the English channel to reinforce Ethiopia while Italy itself is being invaded by the UK. Celebrate it.

Yes, I'm replying to pasta go fuck yourself.

Still, that was some fine linguini he delivered to us.

the fuck is this

Wild herd of ex-businessmen in their new habitat, probably during migration. Their population is growing very fast in current Britain

10/10

What the fuck? Are these newly fired people?

thanks doc

jesus

I assume this is the real thread and the other is a discord raid?

No, unfortunately this is the dead (fake) thread even thought it was made first.

i did it, lads
i made germany great again

nice

Shot in the dark but how do I fix the god damn flickering of battle plans/arrows/whatever in hoi 4? Pic related.

I tried by fucking with everything I could in the ingame options, including resolution changes.

Buy the game

>giving money to parajew for a broken game

What are some good military ideas for sweden in eu4?

>Swedish Military
LOL

no fuck off

I'm trying to play Canada in the new HPM but it's not really going anywhere. Should I restart and release all the countries around Canada this time?

Is there some mod or some other way to stop the disgusting amount of border gore in CK2 after the latest patches and packs? I swear to fucking god everytime I look at Poland it's owned by Denmark and France somehow skips over the Pyrenees and conquers land in south Spain. And if I start pre-1066, it's like someone vomited on the map.

Quality, offensive, innovative
Enjoy you are space marines

Why didn't he just take finasteride? That shit has been available for over 20 years.

Khan of khans before 1300 (on 2.4.beta patch). It is indeed a good idea to give almost all the counties to 3 regular republic vassals plus the tengri church. They are over vassal limit and can't threaten you much.

>british normandy
>british tangiers
>that poland
>slovenoatia
>serbosnia
>belgian rhineland
>russian dobruja

this is seriously awful, fucking kill me let me fucking die

Guess it didn't do you a whole lot of good to ban Stellaris from your threads, eh? 56 posts and already about to drop off the board.

Upboat.

It's the game with the worst tutorial ever, though. Took me a few tries to notice how the options in the battleplan worked.

arumba bump

when you try to imprison a vassal and fail,
and everyone joins the revolt, even vassals that are in your prison already,
and then you realize winning only imprisons the enemy leader

sometimes this game is just an exercise in frustration.

+25 Crushed a Major Rebellion is nice

The moral of the story is of course to keep most of your vassals satiated so that you will never face a mass uprising

I'm not one of those anti-blob fags but late game Ck2 is just tedious to me

Honestly I wish they would let you go on autopilot and let your generals lead the armies

give_equipment 10000 SOV_light_tank_artillery_equipment_2
PLEASE ASSIST
Why does this console command not work?

+++ IMPORTANT POLL +++

poal.me/2kmm7w
poal.me/2kmm7w
poal.me/2kmm7w

I just dropped by to troll you guys for being on page 10, but now I'm curious. Who is this guy? Is he the equivalent of /kspg/'s Manley?

>Have had to spend years single-handedly securing the entire Pacific, Africa, and North America by myself (Japan doesn't do jack shit to advance in the Pacific apparently)
>Allies haven't surrendered
>Sweden is the only remaining power
>Check to see why Germany hasn't just invaded through Norway
>See this

Would you support a HOI4 UI patch and/or mod which adds little icons to the National Focus trees which indicate which Foci give you war justifications, political power, buildings, etc? Like a little colored circle below each one, something subtle but informative.

Rate my Hellenic Greece and the Papal breakaway state in Italy

anyone know how to play multiplayer with 2 cracked copies?

no

Try using the model name instead of SOV_light_armor

yeah, that worked. Guess I'll invade germany with off-brand tanks.

Why can`t I justify or declare war anymore ?

Even when I get war justifications through events they don't register and I can't declare.

I thought it was because I had a anti-military govt at first but I switched to Fascist to see if it changed and it's not that. Am I missing something ?