/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

Coincidences Edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
zeldaclassic.com/

>News/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldawiki.org/images/7/7c/Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg
pastebin.com/aDhkvC1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Sheik is MALE

Second for Thread #6.

Second for the Triforce is hidden in OoT.

That's not how Zelda works. They don't make games to fill the gaps. You can say that SS was trying to fill something but it was not, it's way back in the timeline and in the beginning to fill anything.
Zelda is not about an overarching plot with everything detailed down to it's most minuscule particle. You have to deal with its vagueness and that's it. And Nintendo will never make a Zelda game where the ending is link being defeated.

Yeah, it is the sixth thread, seventh if you count the prototype BotW general.
But someone asked to stop numering OPs so I did.

Number them. Why the hell not? It's easier to look for them in the archives.

>zelda game with link able to travel between timelines (hyrule in disrepair, classic hyrule, and the ocean)
would you buy?

Listen up, dipshit. An user asked "what gaps would you like to see filled?". It's a what if, a hypotetical, something unlikely but that you still desire.
We know what you just said, we are just talking for the sake of it, holy shit. No need to act like you are the king of Zelda lore and kill off an interesting discussion.
Yes, I'd love to see a WW prequel. No, I don't give a fuck about how Zelda games are no plot hole covers.

I posted that specifically to bug the guy asking to not number them. Not that I hate him or anything, I just don't see the point in not. This is a board for generals, it's not us flaunting cancer in the face of other board-goers.

Tell that to the other anons who were justifying the need to have a game in between them.

I'm going to fuck Fi

Why is she so delicious?

Sounds pretty damn dumb to me.

His last point still stands, they'd never make a game where Link gets defeated in the end (part of why the "Link is Defeated" timeline bugs so many people).
Also, calm the Hell down. He pointed out a few facts about game creation and you're sperging out right now. Take some breaths, listen to your favorite calm music.

Let's number them, then. Assuming I'll made the next OP too, it's not always me.

Is his dick his left-hand middle-finger? That's why it is bandaged? To hide it?

I am one of them. I wasn't justifying jack shit, I said it is an interesting topic AND I also pointed out how the WW intro doesn't "explain" stuff, it simply says what happened in a very simplicistic way. You know, discussing for the sake of discussion?
As I said, we perfectly know he has a point. We were just answering to the answer of another user. That's it. Is that so bad?
The one in needs of chills is not me. A guy that jumps on a discussion without even knowing what it is about is not chill at all. Just an asshole.

Would that be considered space-travel or time-travel?
Anyway, BotW seems to include already things from different timelines.

Blue is a sexy color, I'll give you that.

Yeah. I'm being aggressive in my responses huh? Go gack to leddit, summerfag.

It doesn't go in detail, but it does explain things. If it was not to your liking then well boohoo. Shit went down, no one saved them the goddesses intervened. If that is not an explanation i don't know what it is, there is even a nice drawing in that scene.

spacetime-travel

>Something went wrong.

Yeah, Link died of old age because Ganondorf was sealed. He is then resurrected and because there was no hero to stop him Hyrule was flooded.

Well it took very little to complete retards that can't even read to jump in this general.
What part of "Guy asked an obviously hypotetic question and people answered to it" didn't you grasp? Does your mental handicap force you to take all posts in a litteral way? And then I am the one supposed to be a summerfag.
Do whatever you want, I'll go to "chill" as you said. Thanks god that discussion died with the last thread.

Old age? There is no Link after the Hero of Time defeats Ganon in the Adult timeline.
If i'm wrong, correct me please.

It's an explanation that allows expanding. I get it that you don't like an expansion, but why do you keep trying to shut down the other people who do?

This isn't the first time I see people in this general lash out at other who discuss things they do not want to be discussed.

Do you understand what you're doing here? Surely it's not your intention to bitch at people just because you can?

SOMEONE GAVE ME A REPLY THAT I DID NOT WANT! MOMMY CALL MOOT PLEASE I CAN'T COPE WITH THIS!

You could've just ignored it, but you gave a response. Who's at fault here?

>Who's at fault here?
(you)

Who said i don't want it to be discussed? If i did want it to stop i would not be discussing it, would i?

If you want THIS discussion to continue, please keep up what you're doing.

zeldawiki.org/images/7/7c/Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg

OoT's Link is like DBZ's Trunks. Each timeline that he existed in is separate. There's a timeline where he went back to being a kid and a timeline where he stayed an adult.

I have HH right here, it's even open in some random page. But i thought that in the Adult Timeline the Adult Link "disappeared" as is stated in WW's opening cutscene, as he went back to the other timeline and became a kid.

You are correct. It specifically says this in WW.

Next time you make a question, please consider the sensibility of some people in this general. We don't want lore experts to be triggered.

Maybe it could be Zelda as Sheik or some descendant that would try to fight against Ganon. And she managed to call the god to flood Hyrule to stop him.

I suppose you can interpret that either way, I always figured that adult Link went off to other parts of the world or just retired.

Expanding on that, it would be an interesting spi-off to show the origins of Tetra.

Taking it literally and with the picture of him riding a horse, yes, it's like he travelled somwhere else. But as it is a legend, maybe Zelda just said to everyone that he went away and not that he went back in time.
That part where the intro says that the people called for me and he didn't came always struck me as if he was not even "there" at all.

The thing is, I always wanted a game where you played as Zelda that was not a CD-I one.

Yes, please. We here in the Legend of Tumblr General are a very diverse and strong group, with many experiences that could lead to replies to your posts inadvertently triggering us.

I wonder if it actually were the Golden Goddesses who flooded Hyrule. I also wonder why they went with that approach. Was it the king's suggestion and they simply went with it?

It's not exactly a good approach and as it turns out, highly ineffective too. Certainly not befitting near omnipotent beings. If it were "Goddesses", were it the "Golden Goddesses" or some other, lesser goddesses? With SS, Hyrule's divinity became much more complex.

To me, the Golden Goddesses are too powerful to even give a shit. Anyone who's capable of keeping the Triforce together can use it. That fact tells me that any "goodness" or good/bad principle cannot be linked to the Golden Goddesses. Any source telling it differently is rewritten history or horseshit. Of course Hylia looks out for her people, but do we know she's telling the truth? To her, the Hylians and their allies are the good guys. But anything in existence was created by the Golden Goddesses, monsters and demons too.

I think this is still my favorite puzzle out of every Zelda game

Can't watch, I'm playing Oracle games and I don't want to be spoiled.

Well the way I see it, if the people of Hyrule weren't just assuming that the Hero of Time could just jump to any time then Ganondorf must've returned within a reasonable length of time for young link to have grown up and kicked his ass again. Granted, the crux of this assumption is that the 7 years of age is what makes the difference between Link's life and death.

Of course, for all we know the BotW Link is the adult OoT Link put to sleep to fight a future Ganondorf and he just didn't wake up because his Sheikah slate was on vibrate.

Oracle of Ages>Oracle of Seasons

I think it was LA that has this kind of puzzle for the first time. Much smaller of course.

That looks like total bullshit

This puzzle is very nice and quite simple.

It's perfect, a simple and evident premise that still has a lot of space for experimentation.

What if a real flooding happened? Like, it started raining a lot or maybe a glacier melted and then all the Hyrule walley was flooded. Then many years passed and since legends like to warp reality, people started saying Godesses did it. But maybe it was just a real natural event.

Seeing how things happen in other games, a cataclysmic flood like that one wouldn't be so random.

Hello

Man, I feel like I don't remember anything about that game. Seasons I remember a ton of, but Ages? Time to replay it I guess. It's only been like, 2 years.

Well, it's magical to a degree. Hyrule castle and other areas are covered by a dome. Large parts of Hyrule are preserved and frozen in time.

Pol's voice, keese, stalfos.
That's the order.

The Zelda general in /v/ died.

The flood could be natural but godesses decide to shield the castle. Man, who knows. Some things are cool because of suspension of disbelief.

>Zelda general
>/v/
why

That might be because generals are not allowed on /v/. Or maybe BotW discussion is naturally slowing down due to no new infos.

If it's like other /v/ generals:
>Guy tries to shitpost and/or start a circlejerk here
>It doesn't work
>He goes to /v/ instead
>It always works

A degree of laziness in storytelling is nice. If it weren't for that there would be no room to discuss lore of anything.

>Triggered

They are allowed actually. No encouraged.

Vidya lore is for people too lazy to read books.

The degree of stupidity and dick sucking (sometimes literal dicksucking) on /v/ is getting out of hand.
Chink moot even made a sticky one day, asking for suggestion how to improve the board. Well, guess what, nothing changed.

What about vidya books?

Reading books is for people too weak to have their own adventure and prove their own skills.

having their own adventure and proving their own skills is for people who are too weak to be an omnipotent god.

I really don't see how a board can be improved if the medium that it discusses is generally shit. There are many generals here that have the same atmosphere of /v/, guess why

Are you talking about dirty visual novels with sexy animal girls? Because if so, the answer is yes.

>have their own adventure and prove their own skills
>via lore
>/v/ in charge of reading posts

>/v/
Where do you think you are?

Fuck it, I'm still awake so I'll post this thought I had recently. The Downfall Timeline has never sat right with me, and because BotW has such strong ties to the Adult Timeline but is almost definitely intended to be tied to the original LoZ as well, I suspect we'll be seeing some timeline shuffling on it's 2020 release. As such, I've been thinking a lot about the timelines recently.

One theory I've thought of is "what if a third timeline was created by Zelda sending Link back?" There would be the Child Timeline: remains as we know it; the Adult Timeline: where Link disappears from the world (this messes with the reincarnation cycle); and then for lack of a better word there's the Elder Timeline: where Link does not disappear and lives out the rest of his days in the aftermath of the Adult Timeline. In the Adult Timeline, the Hero's Spirit is "lost," if you will. Link never died, it sort of, maybe didn't exist for a while because it disappeared with its vessel, but the end result is that Link could not be reincarnated when Ganon (not Ganondorf, as shown in the Wind Waker prologue) broke the seal, so "he never appeared." In the Elder Timeline, Link lived, he died, he reincarnated, and when Ganon broke the seal he was ready. Potentially, it was even A Link to the Past when Ganon broke the seal, when I heard that Ocarina of Time was apparently the prologue of ALttP elaborated upon, I assumed "The Sealing War" was a name given to the 7 years after Ganondorf took power or a more exaggerated recollection of it.

1/2

>Where do you think you are?

Veeky Forums, where some wandering /v/irgin didn't take the time to read a message string.

I know, I'm sad. I kind of liked it.

RIGHT HANDED

Can we please stop with the "link died xD so ganon won and downfall shit happened" meme?

It's clearly just a byproduct of fucking with timetravel and not because link died in OoT

I mean for fucks sake, the only way for him to get to the castle is after saving all sages, which requires time fuckery. There's no way he could get to ganon and lose

i hate you degenerates

Read Hyrule Historia.

I don't like the downfall timeline as well. Mainly because Nintendo didn't mean to make these games really connected at all, maybe 1 and 2 only, and only after OoT did they actually began to connect them. I would really like Nintendo to remake the pre-64 games and fix this shit.

No 2/2?

GRASPING

What would /lozg/ do if they had creative of the next Zelda game, assuming BotW didn't satisfy some of your mechanic-related must haves?
I'm a serious Majoras Mask fag so I'd definitely bring masks back. I even have an autistic paste on what I'd do specifically. pastebin.com/aDhkvC1E
Also the 3D zeldas could show a bit more love to past 2d titles. A 3D Zelda chock-full of 2DZ references (good ones) would be seriously comfy

He fell asleep right there on the keyboard.
RIP user.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

>ZELDA 2
OBVIOUSLY A SEQUEL
>LINK TO THE PAST
IT'S A PREQUEL IT SAYS IT IN THE TITLE
>LINK'S AWAKENING
OBVIOUS LTTP SEQUEL

But we love you.

>be the hero of time
>pass all trials
>defeat all bosses
>save all sages
>have all the weapons
>go through all the trials in the castle
>go through all the floors

>cause a lot of shit for literally the whole world because you never were good at volleyball

>if they had creative
Fuck
*creative control

Well shit, somehow I'd managed to miss that.

Maybe it's the Link from TP :^)

>The hero is defeated

And Ocarina of time was supposed to be the imprisoning war mentioned in Link to the past, and it's kinda true, because the imprisoning war happens if Link loses in OoT.
And Majora's mask was supposed to be a sequel to OoT.
And Wind Waker was always a sequel to Ocarina of Time.
By Twilight Princess they already had at least two timelines planned.

This turns me on only to the point that i remember that this is a dude. I need to think very hard that this is not Link.

Oh wow!!! Who would have thought? The games were always connected!

>>The hero is defeated
Just in concept, doesn't mean Link actually was defeated in a fight against ganon, or fucking drowned in the water temple, or burned to death in death mountain or got trapped in the spirit temple and starved to death

He just failed because of time fuckery

I like very original sidequests. I'd love a game with tons of them.

ZELDA 2 HIGH JUMPING RETURNS AS A RUNE
MAJORA'S MASK TIER SIDEQUESTS
OPEN WORLD LOFTWING RIDING
TSUNDERE GANONDORF INCARNATION BEFORE OOT (OR MAYBE EVEN SS) THAT IS RELUCTANTLY GOOD

Same. This is the main reason If such a MMfag. Trumps even having transformation masks in.a game.

You want to start some shit you little dick having, kid loving, butt plug up the ass, cunt. I'm going to find your mom and hold her hand. I'm going make you and your dad watch as our sweaty hands make contact for long periods of time, and you are helpless to do anything about it. You're going to regret saying those things about me.

MAKE ZELDA GREAT AGAIN

DO YOU KNOW WHAT DEFEATED EVEN MEANS

I'd be really uncomfortable with some strange person holding my mom's hand.

No need to be buttflustered.