>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/49023
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/49029
youtu.be/zQp-pLEuJok?t=197
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nth for the original "drake sword"

I'm about to start Bloodborne friends, anything I should know before getting my playthrough underway?

Wrong general, friendo

magic is good.

see

Guys, I have a question:

I've been playing a pirate version of DS for a while. I'll buy the game next week.

My saves are going to work on the original version?

see

see

noticed this after i booted the magic grill invader off the cliff
what do you think it is? seems to match my position since no matter where i stand i can never get a shot at a different angle

for fuck sake stop.

I don't think she drops anything.

i got stuck! i couldn't go further into the room for some reason
is it because my head is too big?

Dodge a lot
Vit is good
Saw cleaver can carry you through the game
LHB is overrated

It's a lightning artifact.
Every map has one, but they aren't visible because textures block your view. It's only visible in Untended Graves because they literally de-load every texture, giving you a clear view to the bottom of the map.

>start shitposting
>tell counter-shitposters to stop
You first, friend.

i know that, it looks nothing like an item drop

interesting to know

wan't even him.

Starting a new playthrough as a caster in DaS3.

What are some key spells and items I should be looking out for early. I only remember getting Orbit like nearly halfway into the game in my first playthrough.

>Orbit
What

>Orbit
u wot m8

Great Heavy Soul Arrow will be your main offensive spell for PvE.

>Orbit

Sage Ring in Crucifixion woods

What kind of caster? Sorcery?
If you decide to not start as sorcerer; the young dragon ring can be gotten from Orbeck; collect scrolls as fast as you can and buy GSA, GFD, and Flashsword from him

Hidden Body makes going through the ares very easy, especially if you wear Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring as well
this combination even works on some bosses too

>Orbit
do you mean Orbeck?

Happened to me once, I just rolled outside.

It's Cosmos.

>Orbit
m8 are you high

Why did the only god I liked die being devoured alive?

>Orbit

DLC sorcery. Casting it causes 2 balls of magic to spin around your body, that hit anyone that gets too close. Effectively gives you free trades with meleers.

Heretic Staff before encountering Orbeck and CS. You can use Raw ASS as close range weapon.

Any way to make this better?
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/49023

The guy from vinheim that was always talking about going to school with him or something. Idk I was a pure melee on my first character so i didn't read any of his faggot books or anything

Great Heavy Soul Arrow is basically your bread and butter ranged damage spell, but its slow as shot and will miss moving enemies so it can be a pain in the ass to use (especially against fast enemies with bad hitboxes and arbitrary iframes like thralls or dogs)

Farron Flashsword isn't very useful since it's essentially just a straightsword that costs FP to swing and does less damage, but it can stunlock the big skeletons in Carthus. Sometimes it will break them apart in 1 hit, too.

Soul Greatsword is solid because of its huge range. It's basically the only spell that can hit multiple enemies at once early on and does solid damage.

Avoid Farron Dart and similar shit for the most part. They do no damage until you have endgame spellbuff and aren't efficient damage/FP-wise so they're basically pvp-only.

You're essentially stuck with the super basic spells until lategame because all of the advanced scrolls are locked away in the 2nd half of the game. Be sure to do Irithyll Dungeon and Profaned Capital before Aldrich, as you'll unlock Logan's Scroll (homing soulmass and soul spear), the Court Sorcerer's Staff (strongest casting tool in the game) and Karla's dark spells.

Also, be sure to pick up the Izalith Pyromancy Tome because you can use Chaos Fireball without any requirements and it will deal more damage to Aldrich than any of your other spells. He's weak to fire but very resistant to sorcery and dark.

Dark spells being mostly zoning spells and being castable (and scaling) with any spell tool, making them a useful addition to all all 3 spell types.
They'd also still fill the pve use they have right now of allowing a different damage type to be done for especially resistant bosses to whatever spell type you're going with.

Dark CCS is pretty neat, also what the fuck was up with his abyssmal damage?

How can I improve this build? (Hornet is for invasions)

swap gotthards with carthus curved
wear a hat that doesn't obscure vertical vision

>99
why

go 125

how do you make Creighton spawn?
i killed him with Sirris and talked to her, i'm embered and Pontiff is alive, but he still doesn't appear

Barely any time is dark useful. Dancer is the only relevant enemy weak to it.
Dark is a PvP tool only.

Start by removing Prisoner's Chain and Havel's Ring, learn to swap between your two weapons directly from your inventory so you don't have to waste a gorillion points and a ring slot for it.

>buckler
huge sign that you're a bitch
you're going to get hornet backstabbed
don't

Hollow is a waste. It actually does less damage than 40/40 refined on most weapons.

Switching to refined gives you more damage on Estoc and Gotthards and more Vig/End, with only a 3-4 point loss in WP damage.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/49029

Are you on pc? I fought someone with a really similar fashion a while ago

Degenerate. I'm assuming you like traps.

Yeah, I am. Does the name Umbra ring any bell?

sl99 so that i don't get matched with 120s if i decide to place my red sign and i already have a sl125 build

The DLC adding a Black Witch's Staff is pretty much a forgone conclusion at this point, considering the non-dark casting types already got their crystal chime.

Aside from the lack of actual spell variety, a dark-focused build is basically impossible because you have to constantly juggle 3 casting tools to use all your spell options. Each casting tool literally only has 2-3 non-synergizing offensive spells each, which is just silly.

Red pill me on the Drang Hammers dsg. I've been having moderate success (only against retards who can't space desu) but I want to know if anyone else has experience with these things and has any tips on how to use them effectively.

99 still gets matched with 120, friend.

Oh yeah, I was the guy with Alva Helm and Thorn armor and Profaned UGS iirc

>prisoners chain
your better off having 27 vig it's not worth the huge extra damage

Carthus Curved has no combo with lefstoc.
youtu.be/zQp-pLEuJok?t=197

Why not 142?

Jesus Christ.

>FUGS
Worthless
Use BKUGS
>prisoner's chain
Do not wear this above SL50, it makes you take 1000 damage from carthus curved sword r1 combo
Use chloranthy
>buckler
Swap with a blessed elkhorn shield, recovery time is too long and it's a sign that you're going to spam parries
>lothric knight sword
No, it's not worth it if you're not 40/40, the damage is just shit, use a heavy broadsword or dark sword instead

I got way better bang for my FP with dark fireball over cgfb on my pyro build on a considerable amount of bosses.

Vordt, Old Demon King, Yhorm (if you aren't using Storm Ruler) and Soul of Cinder all come to mind.
I think it was also more useful against NK's drake and still did pretty well against NK himself.

but if i remove them then how am i going to fast roll? lotrhic knight sword isn't that heavy and i could only save 3 or 4 points

WA has hyperarmor.
Use a +9 simple offhand with the farron ring and basically spam the WA. Running and rolling L1s are alright because they're kinda fast but they do shit damage and are easy as piss to parry

Standing L1s and standing R1 are fucking worthless. Slower than Greatswords with less damage and no hyperarmor. You can't even punish spacing errors reliably with them because they're so fucking slow.

WA is both faster than the R1, higher damage than L1s, unparryable and covered by HA. It's literally the move that makes the weapon usable. If you run out of FP, you lose the fight.

so? you're 27 STR, why wouldn't you be two-handing
you don't get two-hand STR scaling bonus with paired weapons, anyway

css 2hr1 2hr1 beats l1 r1 damage anyway
lefstoc is overrated

you're wrong lad
mugenmonkey doesn't display +5 luck from +10 hollow weapons

a 40/40 washing pole 2h has 433 AR
a 27/40/30(+10) washing pole 2h has 450 AR

>27 vig
user please, I would still get killed in 2 hits, at least with prisoner chain I have more vit and endurance

try with weapon art shield (preferably bks)

nig you asked how to improve it then straight up rejected my advice

Here you go, shaved 9 levels off of that worthless VIT stat while still maining your build.

also a 27/40 refined washing pole 2h has 413 AR

15% more damage taken from every attack isn't worth being able to swing 0.3 more times

I like FUGS more, if i wanted more damage i can simply use Yhorm's, I need prisoner's chain to fast roll and I do have a dark sword, lothric knight is only for guarbreaking really (I forget broadsword even exists).

Also why specifically round elkhorn?

Stylish looks and good stats for a light small shield, acquirable early.

Always liked the looks of Benhart's gear.

Alright... I might just replace life ring +3 for chloranthy +2

Oh yeah, I remember those ripostes. Wanna have another go?

I turned off the game a while ago, perhaps you can add me so we can fight some other time? I will place my sign at the high wall so that you can see my profile and add me.

Pass is dsg

Sure thing, I'm waiting

I will mostly be spamming running R1s, right, but when I need to play reactive, I will be one handing. I guess CSS is just ridiculous but I want to try this combo shit. It does look more suited for a 40/40 build, I guess.

Does ds3 take part in the same universe as ds1? I'd it before or after? Ive just started ds3 and I have no idea whats going on desu

So like Darkstorm in DS2?

The games are likely in chronological order but it's not like it matters much.

Is CSS good for PvE?

You are right

HUMAN DO NOT PRODUCE LIGHT

it takes place in the last era of the same world as in ds1
ds2 happened in bumblefuck nowhere and is irrelevant

If you think the damage output to FP ratio is worth it then sure, but many believe it's incredibly inefficient.

>need vertebrae shackles

>invade in Anor Londo
>ganksquads galore
>fight Club faggotry
>11 shackles in 5 hours

>invade in Smouldering Lake
>everyone is solo and, if they have a phantom, it's always Tsurig
>enemies deal ridiculous damage
>6 shackles in 30 minutes

No, it's not. Even a fucking sunlight spear is more useful thanks to melee distance damage bonus.

>reds invading smouldering lake when i'm going on another ng cycle with my sl85 estoc turtle

Then I'll leave it just for PvP. Thanks fampais

Can someone explain to me how miracle casting works in this game? What's the difference between chimes and talismans?

I'm turtling with a rapier too :^)

WA, primarily. Talismans are better for offensive ones due to free hyperarmor and chimes are largely useless.

chimes are basically good for weapon buffs only

you use the talisman weapon art to cast while having armor meaning your shit wont be interrupted

Talismans are offensive-oriented tools.
Chimes have the most fp efficient healing ability in the game as a WA.

>open chest
>see this
what do?

So they're basically the same thing when it comes to casting miracles? You don't need different ones for different miracles like in DS2, right?

*equips flame butterfly*

Take new staff.
Close lid on the rest of the junk.

HOLY SHIT
i can't find the words to convey what kind of retarderd clusterfuck that was
this run is the dumbest shit ever, i didn't even think i could make it that far
it's really fun though

also, can anyone help me?

>You don't need different ones for different miracles like in DS2, right?
what

back to nasushit threads with you

I'm talking about hexes, which seem to be split between the different magic types in this game. For some you needed a chime and for others a staff.

Should I get Demon's Souls or DS2:SotFS on PS3?

Which one has more replay value?

There are no hexes. There's only dark sorceries, miracles and pyromancies