/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Ashigaru edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15.

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

v.qq.com/boke/page/v/v/j/v0301rofpvj.html
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMyNTQ3ODE1Ng==.html
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU4NjA1OTc5Ng==.html?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c
moddb.com/mods/12th1
bbs.mountblade.com.cn/thread-1884705-1-1.html
bbs.mountblade.com.cn/forum.php
youtu.be/ZaDaqr5tAv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lumpy body eww

First for BETTER THAN WARSWORD

Any fags ups for meme invasion?

The normal host is gone for a few months

I-I can still do it ;_;

Host CoMM 0.41 instead.

An overhead map view is always going to be stronger unless its unusable, like in warwolf how there is no topographical information displayed, so you dont know where a hill is to put your archers on or set your cavalry atop of. In warwolf i dont use it at all for this reason, it screws up optimal placement.

You could make it a skill you have to spend points on.

Ideally, the way i would do things, is i would have a sort of initial formation planner, where you can select where your units stand and save formations, and then you can call those formations out in battle. It makes sense since the implication is that they are well practiced formations the men all know.

Then any on the fly maneuvering has to be done by shouting and pointing from your horse, not some satellite view with point and click ease.

These fucking female face models in ACOCK, holy shit what was Cuckzur thinking? They all look chubby and fat.

LONG MAY HE REIGN

Fly-by tactical command placement is something mount&blade needs imo

The fuck is with these early 2000's style gifs

>start playing M&B for the first time today
>come across a huge cliff with my enemies at the bottom
>sit there pondering how i'm going to reach them since surely a drop from that height will kill me
>my swadian men at arms approach the cliff
>start panicking in an attempt to keep them from offing themselves
>they start slowly sliding down a fucking vertical cliff
>follow after them
>mfw

does height in VC effect things like hitbox or weapon reach? Speed on foot?

It scales your hitbox and gives you +1 strength

Think thats it

this mod seems to have a lot of focus on RP aspects, featuring zithers, hunting, fishing, cooking, etc

By the time its released and even possibly has a translation we'll probably have bonerlord so who cares

yeah true, the warband version has been developed for years without a release so far
supposedly it should be coming along soon though

The warwolf minimap is completely useless for efficient orders, yeah.
I think if it had topo info it still wouldn't be perfect/outright better, because it's not as exact as third/first person ordering due to scale and 2D view.

What's the difference between a right click and an F1? Does making the F1 slightly more powerful really ruin any sense of you personally leading? I think that's the main stick here. I don't think it'd ruin anything to be able to issue orders in a manner similar to total war (don't get too triggered by a TW comparison - I mean right click move, rclick drag to set rank/file, right click an enemy unit to have that unit charge that one), it just changes the button that is used (F1 to right click) and makes that one button multipurpose (Which is good! It makes ordering quicker and easier in general, because IRL you can issue an order with a few words)

Overall, you're still standing pretty close, you're still telling people to stand in a spot - just with rclick, not F1. I'm not saying Supreme Commander tier zoom, or even StarCraft zoom or angle - it's not a satellite.

Formations would be cool in general.

Also if you're sitting in the back ordering your men around such that the zoomed out matters much, you're not on the field fighting, so it's not inherently better. A player fighter is a helluva monster.

Sorry if this is slightly rambly. I edited it several times and then I got lazy

personally I've been waiting a long time for a historically accurate and well-researched china mod so I'm pretty excited
I can tell from all their blog and forum posts that they spent a shit ton of time researching to make things historically accurate, down to geographical features. Their entire team is full of re-enactors and shit, and the mod looks pretty well done. I hope I'll get to play it before warband becomes irrelevant...

desu once butterlord comes out I'm never looking back

No shit. Unless it's unplayable or they're hiding some godawful changes, it seems completely superior so far, same as original -> warband.

I might even try my hand at modding it.

v.qq.com/boke/page/v/v/j/v0301rofpvj.html
this is the minimap and formation system in the latest video of 《戎马丹心-汉匈决战》 Rongma Danxin: Han Xiong Jue Zhan, i.e: Han-Hun Total War

the formation system and UI is pretty detailed, and it has free camera overhead formation placement and such, so you can play total war without having to play total war

One formation this mod seems to have that I haven't seen in any other mods are cantabrian circles, which are pretty neat
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTMyNTQ3ODE1Ng==.html

some of the formation commands: four directional movement, formation rotation, etc

some more formation options, including what appears to be the ability to split a battle group into two groups on the fly mid-battle

Pretty neat. The flying around camera might be too big of a change, given the original's style. I say this because RTS and whatnot tend towards "you" not being physically present, so there's generally no reason for a PoV limitation....but in M&B you're an obvious entity in the battle, so generally "should" have some limitations.
I don't particularly mind it's so free, but not quite what I personally was visualizing.

Other than that, it's yanking all the F-menus&sub-menus out and getting more use of the mouse we have, which is appreciated.
Hopefully the F menus are still functional, though.

never played that mod
pics?

In native nord infantry are just cheating. A group of equal warriors can beat anything in the game. Even in sieges, because one you are on the all the strength of the infantry is all that matters. Getting Vetrean is just a matter of having 7+ training and having 100 warriors in your party, you can get 5 vets a night.

Knights are better for cheesing field battles and Sharpshooters for breaking siege assaults

CLEAR

Maybe, but for 1 unit type battle, say you have 250 people because your renown is sky high and they hvent fixed the first unit gets shitloads in the battle thing, nord infantry is a head above anything else for an all purpose army. Knights are ok during sieges, but are expensive and nothing compared to vets or huscarls. And sharp shooters get the same way during field battle of over 2 waves. If your looking to just run around with an army instead of heading back and swapping for every situation, there is nothing better then pure nord infantry.

When will we finally see the Khuzait faction?

>wanting to fuck a horse

v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU4NjA1OTc5Ng==.html?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

new 24 min vid by the 12th century mod team

>every time you shoot a horse from under them, you are really shooting their centaur wife that morphed
>This is why they break so easy and suck at sieges, they are nothing without their wives
Also
>that last use

once held off a 2100 man khergit army with 250 nord infantry and 200 rhodok sharpshooters. Felt great

Was this a joke post? This is just footage of Anno

>new vid
>from 1257 mod team
>its just footage from anno

1257 is 13th century m8

Yea but hes a moron, cant fix stupid

the 1257 team isn't Chinese though

Dr.Tomas is Lithuanian.
And that is literally just footage from Anno 1404 on a dodgy slant-eye chink site.
Are you literally some Xi Xing Xei motherfucker shilling your shitty product on /mbg/?

ya ur retarded, it's not 1257 AD, it's 12th century mod and has China, Western Liao, Jurchens and shit

>v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU4NjA1OTc5Ng==.html?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c
>total war music

I love china's complete disregard for copyright and all that shit.

no you have to go past it, there are a minute of ads, then footage, trust me I spent the time. Click into the 8 mintue range. Im just saying there it really is footage of people getting shot over and over again by arrows like it was a machine gun.

they prefer copywhite

>/mbg/ caring about copyright
it's music for the trailer, the actual mod isn't going to have it

my ass
>new 24 min vid
>oh but there's like 5 mins of ads and footage that's definitely not a UBISOFT GAME
fuck off you dog-eating lemon

Why are you being defensive

don't misunderstand me, I wasn't even mad about it. It's fine desu.

CHINKS LEAVE

you reave

this

>cao cao poster was a chinaman all along

The chinkmod has been in the pastebin forever
moddb.com/mods/12th1

>chinese cartoon poster hates chinese
woah

it's going to get a big update soon

>it's going to get a big update soon

nigga it's been stuck on .3 for 4 years straight, that shit is deader than an int character in PoP

>6. The age of all characters in the game grows older when the time moves forward.

nah, there's been update posts and shit on the chinese forums and stuff

as long as he knows kung fu and is somewhat attractive it's cool

i can't wait to see how mad people will be when they see no battlemap option in bannerlord

I for one am going to have tons of fun wondering where the last 3 guys in the enemy battle force are as they run, routing, across the map.

the 25km^2 map*

Gimme a mod to play

>not control f4ing after they rout and just leaving them behind like they were dead
Its like you enjoy wasting time.

WFAS

t. chink

>cheating
wow I would never do that.

Its not heating, I gt no benefit out of it, as a matter of fact I lose money from prisoners I leave behind. All that happens is that the game goes faster.

I hope that bannerlord will rejuvenate the modding community by attracting lots of new players with the slightly better graphics. Though on the other hand, bannerlord raises the bar for mods, since crappy assets will look severely out of place. This might limit the number of mods and scope of mods being made, since quality assets have a higher skill floor and take longer to make

>trying to justify cheating
>even having cheats enabled

Well I havent played it all since around launch, guess I could give it another go

>it's not cheating
>it's a cheat

It's a good thing a lot of the better mods don't necessarily need high-quality graphics (see: diplomacy, etc)

But yes, if it's harder to make graphics it might lower the amount of mods produced. Ah, well.

bbs.mountblade.com.cn/thread-1884705-1-1.html
bbs.mountblade.com.cn/forum.php
beloved mod "warwolf" took many cues and inspiration from chinese mods.
russians and chinese mutually inspire and innovate, while western mods are just reskins of floris
in the world of Mount and Blade, chinese and russians are innovators

is this worth downloading?

anyone that doesn't browse russian and chinese M&B forums is frankly missing out on pro mods

who?

bullshit quests that you can never find he people to kill, that last looter, the bandits you have to find before any other army gets them, you cant get enterprises before getting one quest done in each city.

Shariz

sarranids
make the world !muslim, and clad in gold.

NORDS

you realize you can just order a round of drinks in the tavern or win tournaments to build relations for enterprises right?
you actually never have to do a single guild master quest ever

I always bully the sand people when I play though. I dont want to be one of them

that's why you need to join them this time.

I thought it was 0 relations min for enterprise.
Maybe all the mods just change it, or I somehow always have positive relations?

Tulga
enjoy 7.5 map speed steppe bandits

Best way to find Jeremus?

from the makers of this nice gem

youtu.be/ZaDaqr5tAv0

comes this, a whole new adventure!

don't take my word for it, let the screenshots do the talking!

What am I looking at

>star trek theme plays in the distance

Why do russians make the most autistic mods

teleport everywhere, check the taverns.

Is...is this even warband

here the synopsis:
This sci-fi is a modification of the ideological and logical continuation of the fashion Dawn of a new era (of Dawn of a new ERA) . If the first part of the main character to become the legendary Chosen One, to find all the relics of the ancient emperors and unite Calradia under his rule, in the second part there is a need to do directly with the invasion of alien creatures in order to put an end to it. For this will have to select the satellite to go to them using one of the UFOs. Many people remember that during his travels found the crash site of the first UFO, over the years, abundantly overgrown with grass and bushes, where humanoids subsequently rebuilt a small base, which regularly fly in reinforcements from their world. It is clear that there is no middle ages long gone, for extraterrestrial civilizations already traveled abroad, both part of the culture, and on arms. The player can either support one of the two large corporations, leading endless war for resources and territory, as well as create their own. At the same time it is seen for what purpose made Calradia invasion. Initially several expeditions arriving to search for the missing team, drop ship which local illiterate peasants thought it had fallen from the sky stone, the next came with less than peaceful purposes. Probably will find like-minded companions, a vast arsenal of new weapons, the strange creatures and even driving the abandoned planet with valuable content. It is worth noting that the previous experience gained in the world, will not disappear, and in addition you will get new knowledge of other worlds. The medieval mind is not quite ready for such a shock, but the real hero quickly adapts by redistributing their skills.

Aight, thanks.

it's starlight for warband