/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: → #

Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Team Night Owl has won the latest NA Splatfest!
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July! The Squid Sisters amiibos are to let you watch them dance and perform music.
- The Squid Sisters will be performing at Japan Expo in France on July 8th! twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/737935306075185152

> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iwERpeBVJa8
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/112413610/#112413934
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>→ #
fucking octofags

Where is the proofs

first for waifufags are what keeps this general off pg10
first for of you want more game discussion you should do it yourself
first for nobody is forcing you to come here so stop complaining and go to fucking squidboards

?

>they write out responses for both scenarios ahead of time
the magic is RUINED

Hosting squads!

Any weapon/rank welcome.

NNID IAMUSORRY

nth for memories!

youtube.com/watch?v=iwERpeBVJa8

fuck off cheater

Go back to your containment Discord, hacker.

So is the game still a mess online? Still on the 2 map rotation? Still hard to find matches with Westerners outside of peak hours on Fri/Sat/Sun? How's the meta?

Should I get back into it?

Go fuck yourself. You've been cancer since day 1. Fucking waifuposting lolicon shitters. You don't create or contribute anything of value.

I still remember the Global Testfires and was one of the most active users in the first 6 months of /ink/

Yes. Yes. Yes. Distilled beyond belief.
No.

>You don't create or contribute anything of value
And I suppose you do?
Are only contentfags allowed to post here now?

This so much, post Octolings instead

Octofags are even worse. They can't even make an OP without fucking it up.

I sometimes get a little nostalgic when I play
>I will never experience the magic of first playing the game, ranking up, feeling myself improve, hearing the fantastic music for the first time
I loved it so much
>go fuck yourself
I'm not a waifufag. I just don't see why you get so angry about them. calm the fuck down, dude.
>So is the game still a mess online? Still on the 2 map rotation? Still hard to find matches with Westerners outside of peak hours on Fri/Sat/Sun? How's the meta?
the game is exactly the same. nothing has changed, but the "meta" is a lot better. much more weapon variety now.

Whatever happened to not responding?
Everyone might think there's some higher glory to be gained from /ink/, but I'll still happily look at any cute Callie's and Marie's posted.

>trusting a literal mexican with hacking a kid's game and bricking your console
build wall

>So is the game still a mess online?
Yep

Still on the 2 map rotation?
Yep

>Still hard to find matches with Westerners outside of peak hours on Fri/Sat/Sun?
Yep

>How's the meta?
Better now actually, less centralized around the gals and e liters aren't as good (though still good). Everything other then the brushes is viable even at S+

>Should I get back into it?
Probably

?

>And I suppose you do?
Yes. I created tons of OC and helpful infographics in my time here. Frequently discussing meta, playstyles and other thing
>Are only contentfags allowed to post here now?
Obviously not. But waifuposting is inherently empty. Every post is the same. It's just one step away from meme spamming. Nobody has ever had meaningful interactions because of Waifuposting. The deepest it ever gets is when people speculate about fanfiction scenarios and basically type out little short greentext fanfics.

> "MARIE IS THE BEST I WANT TO SUCK HER TOES LOL"
Wasn't interesting or dynamic discussion fodder last year and it's not dynamic or interesting discussion fodder 1000000 repetitions later.

>I just don't see why you get so angry about them.
See above
>calm the fuck down, dude.
No. I watched this thread go into the toilet thanks to Callie/Marie posters among other things.
> much more weapon variety now.
I played until Sloshers and Splatlings. Variety isn't the issue, it's how the players play. That's what I mean about meta.

>Everyone might think there's some higher glory to be gained from /ink/
It's not about higher glory or anything like that. It's just actively distasteful to have to wade through repetitive shitposting. Like it's just the same pictures and comments on repeat. Forever.

>less centralized around the gals and e liters aren't as good
Oh. I like the sound of that actually. Maybe I'll play a round and see how I feel.

>getting THIS mad about people taking the short route on the slot machine simulator

STOP REPLYING
YOU'RE WORSE THAN BABT
FUCK OFFFFF

the thread is what is it. all the gameplay has been discussed. if you don't like it, stay out. you were right to leave
>I made oc
>I was the most active player
you sure like to brag, huh?

>Yes. I created tons of OC and helpful infographics in my time here. Frequently discussing meta, playstyles and other thing
Haha. Prove it, then.

Marie is the best

I want to suck her toes

You're taking this way too seriously, it's just some people posting things about a game they like

Thank christ this wasn't made 7 posts later

callie and marie getting along!

>bored of splatoon
>don't know what to do with my freetime anymore
>just browse Veeky Forums for hours when I get home from work

I wasn't the most active PLAYER but I was almost certainly one of the most common posters.

I made WebMs of Charger ranges in various areas of the map and other things. I made a couple shitty MSpaint comics that got reposted. I was absolutely almost certainly the first skilled charger player to be a regular and active poster here and mentored dozens of posters who asked for charger advice. I made some splatfest images.

Shit. I think I can even claim ownership of the "Splatfest Resume" meme. I'm the guy who started that. But this is a new PC and I've lost all my old shit to a hardware failure, so the best I can do is tell you what I did and hope people remember some of the stuff I've posted or maybe "Splatfest Resume"

tired of regular old splatoon? no problem!
plug your laptop into one of the usb ports and edit the game and ruin the experience of others, but it's ok because you benefit!

Just order their gear and maybe you'll get it too. :3c

Nigger we have a Calliefag - the 'cancer killing the thread' - that does ten times as much contribution than that.

jump on that

holy fucking shit dude are you being serious right now?

If he's contributing, then he's not a waifuposting shitter you dumbass. You can't be a waifuposter and a contributor at once.

Tumblr is more predictable than I thought.

You're retarded

>started splatfest resume meme
I
I remember that
you were cancer
what is this epic meme I see

>you were cancer
I was cancer? Because I accidentally posted something that people latched onto? All I was doing was trying to join a squad to play in. I added my "Splatfest Resume" to it and people thought it was the funniest thing ever. Remember, this is when people were still talking about "DogCoasters" and stuff. Splatfests were a big deal back then.

oh, it's you. time has done nothing to deflate your grotesquely bloated ego, huh

>I answered people's questions
>I reposted some shitty comics I made
>I made a literally what meme
>I'm the most valuable poster
This can't be real

>I fired some weapons
>I made some shitty MSpaint comics
>I was the first skilled charger regular
>I think I even made a cancerous meme!
You're the cancer on /ink/, not the people discussing characters from the game.

dude people fucking trashed you.

>I was absolutely almost certainly the first skilled charger player to be a regular and active poster here and mentored dozens of posters who asked for charger advice.
Is that so? What's your NNID, big guy?

Go on Rainy, fuck him up

>I added my "Splatfest Resume" to it and people thought it was the funniest thing ever
And THAT makes you a valuable poster?

it's a tumblr meme

I'm taking off my filters for this, this is comedy gold

no
I am the most valuable poster

I am DA KING IN DA NORF

DA KING IN DA NORF

thanks for the heads up, this is fucking hilarious

No but seriously though is Callie Fag some autistic 30 year old faggot living with his parents? Or is he unironically pretending to be retarded? Like seriously why would you make a new Discord server other than wanting to be the owner of a sekrit circlejerk? This is even worse than the original /ink/ server.

>fireden search isn't working
aw I want to see this splatfest resume post

>146779212
>>I'm the most valuable poster
Never said that. Just said that I'm an actual contributor and therefore 100% more valuable than waifuposters.
>I reposted
That's not what I said.
>I answered people's questions
No. I mentored people over time. I remember atleast two guys who came back tot eh thread and asked after the guy who helped them last time. I gave those guys further advice and they started to do quite well.

>dude people fucking trashed you.
How? All it was was one of those situations where everybody responded to one post and posted stupid reaction pictures. There was hardly any mockery aside from the humorous or laughing reaction faces. Yes sure, they thought it was stupid. Big whoop. The meme happened. I left for months and came back later and found people STILL posting about it.

It's hard not to be an egomaniac when you're surrounded by people who behave like middle schoolers most of the time.

It's a better contribution than repetitive posting about waifus. I actually added something to /ink/ culture. Regardless of how small or meaningless it may have been.

>I fired some weapons
I made footage of which guns can hit when spots from which vantage points. Stuff like how far you can reach in various directions at Walleye Warehouse while standing on the middle boxes. They didn't see much reposting aside from when I did it, but I blame chargers being unpopular.

all he does is translate jap shit and make the occasional waifupost
why u mad?

>I'm an actual contributor
>I mentored people over time
>There was hardly any mockery aside from the humorous or laughing reaction faces
>I actually added something to /ink/ culture
>I blame chargers being unpopular
Is this the return of Le One Guy?

Oh my god, this is the best
Thread derailed so hard

>Le One Guy
who

Are you not going to post your NNID then?

they're talking about a different callie fag who apparently made a new discord or some shit

If you honestly think value is determined through how many people repost your shit, then Reddit is literally your home.

first off
wtf is /ink/ culture? nigga what????
second off, if this """"""""/ink/ culture"""""""""""" is real, how does waifu posting not contribute to it?
I'll be honest, I never understood this le one guy meme. was it the dude who hates splatlings and defended chargers? is it translator user?

do we actually know if they're different or

Anyone remember the original /ink/? The first /ink/ I mean. The /ink/ with rainy and his turf war lobbies. The /ink/ with Tim, Sonata, Scarth, CA, Lemon, Key. The /ink/ that actually had some good players. In my honest opinion everything went to shit the moment tia started showcasing herself cause "lmao im a girl irl xD".

>All it was was one of those situations where everybody responded to one post and posted stupid reaction pictures

so just like right now basically

as if the shamblog wasn't bad enough, now we have the fridayblog

le one guy isn't a person
it's a phenomenon

when someone says that multiple people who disagree with them are the same person, they're invoking le one guy
when someone pushes the translator = callieanon meme for the x thousandth fuckin time, they're invoking le one guy
when someone ever says that some other phenomenon in the thread is entirely being pushed by one person, they are invoking le one guy

I was just about to post that lmao. I'm alright with friday, though, since he gave us the bot room. I hate his guts, but I'm alright with him. jess, on the other hand... fuck him

I did not create any Discord
But I AM Callieanon and Translator

>If I post a laughing Inkling and greentext his arguments, they become invalid!
I see you're a veteran of Veeky Forums arguments.

Why the fuck would I? What fucking purpose would that serve?

Go play detective. I've posted it before and said enough today that you should be able to figure it. If you're lucky you can find it again. Oh wait.There's no more archives of Veeky Forums...Too bad!

>If you honestly think value is determined through how many people repost your shit
I don't. But it's on objective fact that people who contribute advice or actual discussions and or actual content and OC are more valuable than people who repost fanart that somebody else drew while posting inane "I wanna fug a woomy" comments.

>Anyone remember the original /ink/? The first /ink/ I mean.
Yup. I was there. I remember we were trying to make some guides on the good vantage points and wallclimbs spots at Saltspay Rig. This was the morning after Testfire #1.

Uh oh, you just insulted Tia! Now you gonna get kicked from the Discord because you hurt her feelings because ThatsSo is a little bitch who let her stay mod because he is trying to fuck her.

>original /ink/
>namedrops a bunch of discord colonials
is this bait

Ohhhh, so saying translator user ISN'T his alter egos is a meme, not that he actually is.

how big is your callie folder

no you're not you fuckin liar
go back to discord with this meme

No one's going to do work for you to prove you're not shit.
So at this point, everyone thinks (knows) that you're a shitter.

>Why the fuck would I? What fucking purpose would that serve?
Okay, mystery solved, this is just a random nobody shitposter. Everyone ignore the idiot and move on.

"translator = callieanon" is a big meme and a big lie pushed by discord fags

it invokes le one guy because it's essentially saying
"translator and callieanon are le one guy"

Oh by the way, if you're still looking to play some time, it'll have to wait another week I'm afraid. Going to Sydney.

1,295 images now

callieboy give me your nnid
damn

Are those with only Callie or with Marie and other chatacters included? I have 9000~ general unsorted Splatoon images

/ink/ is shit! SHIT! You guys will never be good at the game. You guys will never be as good as Team Chimera. You guys will forever be pathetic circlejerkers who can't hit their target even if they were standing still. Stay shit, /ink/. I'll now leave and hang out with my buddy ThatSRB2Dude. A person who, you know, is actually good at the game unlike you faggots.

I never understood what kind of person would get overly competitive and elitist about squid paint game.

is competitive splatoon really still a thing

children

The same people who would get overly competitive about about a cartoon shooter (also known as Overwatch) or a cartoon fighting game (also known as Street Fighter V) or a party game (also known as Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U).

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/112413610/#112413934
i gotchu family

>Bromosapiens
Haha, what? Literally who, as expected.

fuck Blue's Clues
fuck my ass

I am dead dead dead dead dead dead dead

dead dead dead dead dead dead dead

dead dead dead dead dead

dead dead dead dead dead dead dead

This guy must really have autism. Holy shit I'm dying of laughter.

People who aren't bad at the game.

Yes.

how is this relevant

Is Ran's profile a Yugioh monster

Just a prank brah xD

>People who aren't bad at the game.
That's why every competitive player is a joke, right?

i always wondered what that was

You can be good at a game and not act like it exhalts you.