/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Retinal Cancer Edition

We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

defeatedcrow.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/IronChain2
youtube.com/watch?v=AeZ3LkVpZHA
the-grimoire-of-gaia.wikia.com/wiki/Ender_Girl
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/enhanced-inventories
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any word on /int/craft coming back soon? The server says that "/int/craft: Yugoslav Wars" are next up

now that's a nice metallic look..

What is it from?

defeatedcrow.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/IronChain2

oh, and link to the last thread

that's some nice metal, but on the left is some of the ugliest ore i've seen in a while

GT6 small ores never looked especially good, I'm afraid
it isn't helped by the broken light-up on the NWSE faces..

>spend ages making a comfy aesthetic TC infusion room
>server eats a dick
>save reverted to just before i started

Press F

Anyone knows good jap mods that are not the same like bamboo amt or mobs and girls?

Since I have to redo the whole thing anyway, what's the most pedestals I should need? 8? 12? 16?

Any good servers on the list? I see 2b2t has a fucking queue now.

>looking for Minecraft heavy equipment mod/concept
>find this
everything turned out okay

I can't decide what to do with the stone, whether I should leave it or change it, or what I should change it to.

You talking about the stone in the background? I kinda like it like it is, but if you do decide to change it, the chiseled version of Cobblestone where it's bricks with darker lines, the first cobble brick in the list I believe, would match the Thaumic stuff well

Replace it with glass or preferably clear glass, then dump a shitton of lava behind it.

Or if you have Chisel installed, you can just find an alt smooth stone block you like and change the existing stone.

But srsly famalam, do the lava thing. You know you want to.

SHIT SON. FTB GOT WRECKED. THEY EVEN LOST TO ATLAUNCHER.

These bricks look so fucking good together. What I find works well is making a large solid shape of 1 kind of block then assigning one of the other kinds to the Chisel and making small tweaks here and there. Really helps things blend in, but still have enough variety to look interesting.

I like it. Looks nice.

>Created by... official Technic partner
>Technic at the top of everything
>FTB at the bottom
>No curse
>What ever the hell Voidswrath is

I'm sensing a little bias.

Curse doesn't make modpacks.

I have to wonder where all the "-kit" suffixes came from. First one I remember is Bukkit, but that was an administrative plugin / server plugin a looong time ago. Now it seems like 90% of the modpacks have the "-kit" suffix.

what happened? i know /mcg/ doesn't like FTB for some reason, but I kind of enjoy it
I played Attack of the B-Team a while ago but FTB is so familiar to me because of direwolf20

Do people still play Voltz? Huh. Neat.

They do host them through their launcher though, and at very least Agrarian Skies 2 is exclusive.

Why not? Voltz was great.

>i know /mcg/ doesn't like FTB for some reason, but I kind of enjoy it
>for some reason
Paid mods, general jewery, licensing bullshit.
Best not to say anything about it, there's a retard who thinks that paid mods could somehow work even though skyrim conclusively proved they don't.

tekkit is bukkit based modpacks. all of their modpacks have kit on the end or something.

>paid mods
I literally don't know what you're talking about, I just play Infinity 1.7.10 and their Unstable packs for recent iterations of the game

please explain what's going on? I only use FTB ebcause I started watching DW20 and joined in on their client

Agrarian Skies 2
Total Downloads 1,215,893

That's only better than Blightfall from Technic.

After last iteration's clusterfuck, I say fuck 'em until they get something that doesn't shit itself every 20 minutes.

What am I doing with my life.

I took some chances when doing the layout. I honestly wasn't sure if I would end up hating it.

But now I'm glad I did. I'm really digging how this looks from the ground. Can't wait to start running superfluous cables and wires everywhere!

Slowkike wants to commission modders or something, basically paid mods.
This, of course, would turn out disasterously, AS SKYRIM CONCLUSIVELY PROVED.
Also curse owns ftb basically or something. Not exactly sure, but some really fucking jewish shit has been going on.

Are we talking about the one where they RP'd ~400 AD? That was pretty stable iirc

>ftb can pay modders
>they still can't pay their own people
>those people don't quit

fucking cucks

It's kinda strange that despite how popular Blightfall became we haven't yet seen a single standalone mod that focuses on creating those Terraria-like hostile self-spreading biomes and fighting them off. That'd really help to expand on that style of play without glueing it to Thaumcraft

Whoops. Forgot to include the beanstalk.

You can see the prototype window sitting near the bottom there.

Building big shit is pretty satisfying.

So... what's the point of feeding hungry nodes again?

feed it huge and either taint it and energize it or load it into a room to charge your wand/scepter

Also science

The reason I didn't play Blightfall was because the map was set every time; no change from playthrough-to-playthrough. I think it would've been fun if it was a default MC world but with the Terraria-like biomes you mentioned occurring randomly.

Here's the inside. Still a lot more work to do here. Totally got distracted by the large windows. Not sure what I'm going to put in here to fill up space. Maybe a library. Or a trophy room for Twilight boss loot.

>never heard of blightfall
>interested, I look it up
>this is the posterchild of technic
>or blightfall idk
youtube.com/watch?v=AeZ3LkVpZHA
He sounds nice but god his videos, i don't know how to describe it, but clickbaity I guess?
>Overwatch in Minecraft?
>4 Simple but Cool Mods for Minecraft Pocket Edition

That's still within the top 10 of downloaded packs.

What the fuck are you talking about? You somehow managed to find the most cancer LP of one of the most popular modpacks right now. That little kid is just one of many fuckheads playing Blightfall.

The modpack itself focuses on cleaning up magical pollution. That's it.

Well then point me in the right direction, I watch Direwolf20 when I don't want to actually play, because besides Hynotizd, he's the poster child of FTB and has pretty informative spotlights I think

Have you tried lurking more?

If you want to know about Blightfall, how about you just download it and play it for 10 minutes, you fucking ingrate.

I don't want to learn about Blightfall, dummie
I want someone to watch play it, and other mods and modpacks that aren't in FTB since apparently FTB is the devil
I get it, blightfall is pollution and preventing it and biodome shit cool I got that in the first 2 mins of the video, but this kid is cancer, DW20 is cancer who isnt

replace some of the arcane blocks by (glowing) amber if you can?

>I don't want to learn about Blightfall
>I want someone to watch play it
why would you ever watch someone play minecraft if naught for the fact that some obscure mechanic isn't easily explained by autistic exploration

What? Because I like listening to peoples voices while watching a game that's familiar to me? It soothes me, why question it? I enjoy lets play channels

then why do you need to listen to someone playing the same modpack as you?
If anything, that'd be infuriating because chances are they're doing it retarded.

Oh that's where our confusion is stemming from, I led you on to believe I wanted to play Blightfall

no no no I don't like playing adventure maps, I just like watching them, it's just a fun little series to watch one or two vids a night maybe

I watch DW20 series for the same reason, but I don't know how AE2 works so at some point when I feel like I need to use it, I'll actually pay attention and learn how he does it

that's how I learned botania and blood magic and TiCon and Thermal Expansion etc etc

Quality Minecraft content on Youtube is lacking. Most of the LPers these days are pure cancer. The only people I see still playing Minecraft without being totally cringworthy are Yogscast, but they've never done a Blightfall playthrough.

Go out and find one. If it's any good, report back to the thread so your knowledge can be added to the collective.

Eurgh I don't like Yogscast, I hate their accents
I knew someone would bring em up eventually

>without being totally cringworthy are Yogscast
It's not a good idea to mention them, it starts massive autism.
Sips is fine though. Good to listen to.

I wish the ex compressum auto sieves weren't such a double edge sword.
It's nice they're easier on the game than the ex astris ones and they don't spill everywhere if they get backed up
Using enchanted books instead of yet another upgrade item is actually clever. I can even get past the whole needing to use actual food to speed it up.
But the fact that it uses up the enchanted books just really kills it for me.

Sisps is the fuckin main man, lil bro.

I just realized I'm a total Anglophile. Pardon me while I go watch Monty Python while listening to the Q.I. podcast.

>listening to podcasts while caving late last night
>horror podcast comes on
>it's about someone getting chased by something spoopy through an abandoned coal mine

someone asked me to make a modpack/server with a focus on the clayium mod, so I did
straight from japan, this mod adds a bunch of tools and machines all made out of clay, produce clay energy, and you can eventually use a clay reactor to turn clay into other resources
there are some other mods too.
available now, see the google doc for info

>Username is case sensitive to log into Minecraft account
>Doesn't let you know that
ffs I've been trying to get into my account for 15 mins now, even changed my password

Didn't know the username is case sensitive, AND it's not my username to log in, it's my email

|░█░

Village is coming along nicely. Made a house on a tower for the Ender Girl I got from a drop, and an empty dungeon to attract monsters.

Try the Fairy Faction mod. It was made by a Japanese guy and updated by someone else.
The latter decided to claim his creation for a Unity game. Fuck him.

Starminer mod. Walk on walls, fuck around with gravity.

>ender girl
m8 wut

bumping to save from the ded

the-grimoire-of-gaia.wikia.com/wiki/Ender_Girl

Post your builds, or suggest some.

I need to make a wintery wizard tower
what materials do i use?

Good times back on Infinity.

I'm still trying some things to try and make it look a little better.

chisel ice variants
marble
snow
packed ice
maybe some stuff from twilight forest if you've got that.
sapphire blocks/other blue ones

Blue/cyan stained clay
Blue/cyan stained glass (Bonus for Chisel/TiC Glass)
Quartz
Chisel clouds

Goodnight /mcg/.
Try not to die.

I'm very conflicted about this picture. It's got a shitton of time put into it, as well as a lot of effort and undoubtably years of experience from the artist.

And it has fucking pepe, feelsguy, and gondola.

Spurdo is in the attic as well it looks like.

Motherfucker! I didn't notice that.

This picture is ridiculously well done.

>page ten

Yeah, its better that way

>we died
What the fuck.

>built up a bullshit huge node in a mystcraft age
>energized it
>realize ae2 vis interfaces can only power devices on the network
>can't output that vis to external devices
FUCKFUCJDJNM<

I feel so dumb.

Mystcraft is fun. I wish Myst wasn't dead and didn't have such a shitty ending. Bought Uru on the GOG sale, should be fun.

The Gehn shard for MOULA might still be up and running. Not sure if anyone plays on it anymore, I haven't touched it in ages. Obduction next month, July 26 I believe.

I've seen a lot of shitposting about xycraft, but what did it actually do?

>tripwire

what about them?
i remember using some for a hidden passageway in a fountain a long time ago, it's cool how they can be used like a pressure plate in midair

Besides the garish decorative blocks, it had some nice custom multiblock tanks for storing liquids, a block that sped up plant growth, an infinite water source block, and one of the greatest, simplest autocrafters to date.

Also lag. Entirely too much lag.

I think 8 is a good enough number, I can only recall that KAMI shit needing 12 but I could be forgetting about something so leaving extra room should be useful.

What the fuck are you even doing.

No idea.

What is

I don't even

Why all that redstone? What are you automating?

>one of the greatest, simplest autocrafters to date

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/enhanced-inventories

You're welcome.

>This mod now requires: CoFHCore and YuutoLib
>adding a verity of inventories
>Chickenbones - Deploader

Just fucking murder my balls man

If you're going to get YuutoLib, be sure to get the Inventory Tools too.

mawpc

No sher, Shitlock.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>If you're going to get YuutoLib
No
>be sure to get the Inventory Tools too.
No

>nothing keeps it off page 10 anymore