Did Tamerlane really build a tower of skulls?

Did Tamerlane really build a tower of skulls?

what were the logistics behind it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsIWskbXp04
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Timur invaded Baghdad in June 1401. After the capture of the city, 20,000 of its citizens were massacred. Timur ordered that every soldier should return with at least two severed human heads to show him. When they ran out of men to kill, many warriors killed prisoners captured earlier in the campaign, and when they ran out of prisoners to kill, many resorted to beheading their own wives

what was his fucking problem?

He was a barbarian.

Steppe-nigger.

It is almost comical how over-the-top brutal the conquests of Timur and the Mongols are.

He's in the top 5 of most brutal generals in history..

Steppe-niggers in general. The same could be said about the sycthians and the sarmatians.

Steppe peoples were fucked up.

>you will never be a steppe nomad pillaging in the daytime
>you will never spend the night with your qt wife in your yurt

What happens if i bring no heads?

It will be very painful

you brought the one on your neck

related:
youtube.com/watch?v=zsIWskbXp04

Timur was a palace dweller.

Is it true she fucked a horse? What were the logistics behind it?

my older brothers name is timur and my name is chingiz

greatest commander ever lived

People jumping into the river to escape the sack of Baghdad

Timur was fucking terrifying

being lame

>He didn't drown so good

Why? They were fellow muslims

Joke's on you, he was turko-mongol and they weren't.

Scythians did not mass murder people and neither did Sarmatians, you dong.

>if I tear those walls down, will you die?

Steppe niggers are literally sub humans who did nothing but mass murder, commit nigh acts of genocide and set humanity and civilization back centuries. Nothing can be any worse then them.

The others being?

He wanted to show Genghis who the real nigga was

He was a Turkic supremacist

I wonder why people always focus only on Hitler, Stalin or Mao when it comes to barbarism and mindless slaughter, meanwhile those steppe shitholes like Mongolia and Uzbekistan are building monuments devoted to Tamerlane and Genghis Khan and nobody gives a fuck. Imagine if Germans built a massive Hitler statue in the middle of Berlin today, everyone would go apeshit.

>Scythians did not mass murder people.
Lel
>Destroyed Urartu.
>Old Testament calls them "Locusts."
>Achaemenid Persians built a Great Wall to halt raids from Khorasan.
>Did scalping,

>Old Testament
No one cares.
>Achaemenid Persians built a Great Wall
No, under Darius they sent a strong military expedition into Eurasia and the Balkans and curbed their power. Comparing the Scythians to Timurlane is like comparing King George III with Hitler.

>Scythians in the Old Testament

Time to lay down the crackpipe

>scythians were jesus b4 jesus was even cool

Scythian king replied;

"This is my way, Persian. I never fear men or fly from them. I have not done so in times past, nor do I now fly from thee. There is nothing new or strange in what I do; I only follow my common mode of life in peaceful years. Now I will tell thee why I do not at once join battle with thee. We Scythians have neither towns nor cultivated lands, which might induce us, through fear of their being taken or ravaged, to be in a hurry to fight with you. If, however, you must needs to come to blows with us speedily, look, you now there are our fathers' tombs'[note 1] - seek them out, and attempt to meddle with them. Till ye do this, be sure we shall not join battle, unless it pleases us. This is my answer to the challenge to fight. As for lords, I acknowledge only Jove, my ancestor,[note 2] and Hestia, the Scythian queen. "Earth and water", the tribute thou askedst, I do not send, but thou shalt receive soon receive more suitable gifts. Last of all, in return for thy calling thyself my lord, I say to thee, "Go weep".

>Urartu
>genocided by Scythians

Urartu maintained its independence and power, going through a mere dynastic change, as a local Armenian dynasty (later to be called the Orontids) overthrew the ruling family with the help of the Median army. Ancient sources support the latter version: Xenophon, for example, states that Armenia, ruled by an Orontid king, was not conquered until the reign of Median king Astyages (585– 550 BC) – long after Median invasion of the late 7th century BC.

Scythians followed their proto-Zoroastrianism, which is the source of peacefurr disprays of buddhism, hunduism, sikhism

This was standard fare among Muslims, but this is unique due to the fact that Timur did it to fellow Muslims, the Mughals did the same thing in terms of piling up really huge mounds of enemy heads, but they only did that with non-Muslim, so if say a rebellious Rajah was defeated, they would do that with every captive, but if an Afghani or Persian or any other Muslim were, they wouldn't. Timur was a psychopath.

made me lol

Hitler, Stalin, and Mao represent the threat of subversion of modern national identity or political ideology and are thus living evils of our modern world. No one is really afraid of Mongolia and Uzbekistan or the Medieval khans and what they stood for as their world has already been destroyed and subjugated.

Loki > Hestia