/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Doggo edition

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/G62kmvSd
>3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki ++ !! READ THIS !! ++
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint.
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 may get released soon. Make sure to block updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for memes

bumping again....pls help

3rd for killing myself.

Reminder that if you've ever bricked a console you're dumb.

5th for shark cards

At the end of the guide your restore from emunand_original which should be a backup of your emunand that you made in step 4 before formatting it.

Please help, Is this what I'm suppose to get when I try to boot RedNAND? I followed the guide as close as I could but I'm not seeing the EMU neaxt to the version number.

Anyone got a Loadiine-ready link for Terranigma?
Or a guide on how to convert SNES roms, atleast.

How long do you expect 11.0 to go before it gets recracked?

>select autoboot sysnand
>expect to get emunand
Nigga what do you think is gonna happen

It's called solderhax

I know if you turn off your 3ds while downgrading you are fucked, but what if my wifi connection goes down while upgrading? I am fucked too? I have a shit wifi

I know, I've just be fiddling with the settings. My main issue is that I don't see the EMU letters next to the version.

>being a waitfag

It just waits to resume and pings the server until it gets a proper connection again. The only worry you should have is actually shutting it off.

>tfw finally get to use Pictochat again

If I have two systems with a9lh installed on both, can I system transfer between them or nah? Wanting to move all my stuff to a new system, NNID and all.

You can, just make sure they're both on the highest firmware of course. Just remember that any illegitimate stuff won't be transferred(Though if I remember right the files themselves get moved, you just have to reinstall a single .cia again and it should bring them back? I can't remember how it works completely.)

Make sure you bakup any illegitimate save files before you do it though, and I'd do a NAND backup of both as well if I were you, though on the old machine you can't touch online again if you restore that NAND backup since you'll have two different systems with the same data.

the 3ds doesn't auto-suspend or auto-shutdown if it's not being used, right?

If I get a MHGen 3DS console and get CFW on it, what do you think I could sell it for

Slightly less than what you paid you fucking jew

Can anyone here help me? I took down my firewall and antivirus software but didn't help anything. Why won't it connect to the internet? I just want to get OoThax.

uninstall
reinstall

>Liking the inferior meme card
>Not preferring smug monkey card

Wasn't there rumors that MHGen 3ds was going to be on the latest firmware?

I've been out of the MHGen hype train since it's been about a good couple months from the announcement.

Even if that were true it wouldn't stop me

Tried that like 5 times. Didn't work.

>get new internet
>faster downloading games
>sunshine.png
>cant use FTP, wont connect anywhere
>cant watch youtube on phone, infinit circling circle
>cant update or download apps from google store

This fucking shit aint worth it. Holy fuck. Send all help

recommend me games for the 3DS.

I recommend you look at the pastebins

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

Can loadiine brick my console?

>homebrew and hacking general

Garfield Kart

Crab Nicholson Extreme Sleepover 2

>not being a faggot and kicking me to somewhere else where it should belong

but is easy to redirect to /v/, huh?

is eshop still broken? ciangel still fails to finish downloading shit

Yeah, I know, but didn't work for me, that's why I'm asking if should I use another backup.

>failed to install CDN title HTTP server returned response code 404

I've been trying to install Senran Kagura but I keep getting this error message. I've got more than enough room on my SD card. I've tried on multiple wifi connections. I've tried downloading other games (Steamworld Heist and Azure Striker Gunvolt) and they worked just fine.

Ninty servers are on maintenance

Any of you guys use PHBank?
How stable is it?

I've used it a little. no complaints, but that's only transferring a handful of pokemon between games.

I did some reading up on it and it's mostly safe as long as you don't get early versions, and the latest version was only giving a bug to some guy who moved a Pokemon and it turned the thing's sprite into a Shiny Snivy when it was in the box but in-game it was normal. The GB one is kind of buggy though, I remember people getting Pokemon with ?????????? transferred into the box and then when they took them out it was crashing their game.

So once your Wii-U is prevent your Wii-U from being updated and shit, It's no longer possible to play online?

Any help? I still am unsure of what to do.

You can play online until Nintendo pushes an update, then you're fucked.
Unless you're launching games from Loadiine in which case you cannot play online no matter your console version

Asking again in here, never saw an answer in the last thread. Just purchased a WiiU and looked at the pastebins but didn't see an answer.

If I have a game on my SD card and there is an update out for it, how does one go about updating the game software, since we can't receive updates from Nintendo do to blocking the update DNS.

So I can't play smash online? Fuck.

>not getting the superior moai cards

If you own a legit copy of Smash you can.

I've also been told you can install updates via SD card with homebrew so that might be able to get around it.

I heard the 2ds is poor for hackig, is this true?

Can anyone hook me up with a guide/link to a guide on how to upgrade to a bigger sd card? I'm on a fully updated luma3ds o3ds 11.0 US.

Is it as simple as drag and drop previous sd files? I imagine it's not.

Is JK's Save Manager the best one?

Its just a regular ass 3ds but with no 3d or hinge.
The one i hacked was yhe exact same process beyond starting at 8.1 and having to update to 9.2.

Ok cool.

Another question; I'm guessing you can't use the eshop without the latest firmware update?

I've never seen a bigger recommendation list comprised of 99% shovelware in my life.

Do sharks and monkeys even magnetically?

You can with homebrew iirc.
But you might as well just go all the way and a9lh.
100% boot rate is worth it on its own.

X R A Y R E S I S T A N C E

its like 2 people forcing this shit, stop.

>s-s-s-s-stop having f-f-fun! your just t-two people!!!!!

its cool to joke about it but when you unironically recommend those cards to someone when they ask what a good SD card for their 3DS and Wii U is, you've gone too far

I agree, but they should be able to realize it's a joke.

Bruh please, I was mocking them for their Engrish. They're a meme.

Bought me a 64GB Sony card yesterday, it managed to be a reasonable price at half off.

So I switched to Luma3DS like everyone and their mother has been saying to do.

Now what?

How do I get back to this screen? Whenever I hold L to boot into EmuNand it just skips ctrbootmanager and this and goes into it.

Yes, it's pretty fast and pretty stable overall. It is also very convenient if you like to save editor.

Now you resume playing free games, at an increased fps if you have an n3ds.

im aware that there is two methods in doing the wii u exploit
using loadiine and the smash method
anyone have a link in doing the smash method?

I have an old 3ds though.

Thanks, user. I was using svdt but I don't really like it that much.

Now you have a better CFW.

I went through that palatect or w/e guide and my o3DS XL is now on the (almost) latest version of Luma3DS (i haven't updated luma itself after i finished the setup a few weeks ago because I can't figure out how to update it)

My question: How in the blazes do I take screenshots that are saved to the SD card and easily extractable? Preferably uncompressed PNG of both or one screen or the other

Can I take screenshots in game now? Because I'm not seeing any immediate difference. Also, not this user but I'd like to know as well for when I get off my lazy ass and try this a9lh thing.

So out of curiosity, what's the difference between the 5.5.1 kernel exploit and the IOSU exploit we're waiting for?

>Can I take screenshots in game now?
You always could with NTR.

Is there any way to move my pirated copy's savefile to the Wii U?

No one knows how to take screenshots? Really?

I haven't been here in about a year, what have I missed?

NTR

>Literally two posts up

I don't want to change from luma3ds to another cfw when i don't even know how

is there a guide

So after switching to Luma3DS because its "just that easy, user!" I cant launch homebrew launcher through the regular cia I was using.

How do I fix this? Also do I still need to go back and downgrade again for this a9lh shit?

I heard a rumour that the Zelda demo was leaked. Is this false?

Thanks for the (You), gets me real hard.

I finally got it to show "Emu". So all I have to do is update my 3ds through System Update? Is that correct?

No because you can't update emu directly, leave the options and go back into options to prime the emunand over your sysnand then update

wont this update his sysnand and brick his system? lol

no because emunand was loaded before hand, it just needs the pointers for the update

Yes. Remember leaving System Settings at all will kick you back to sysnand.

Anyone?

You're fucking with me.

Don't ask for help and then question it

So you are then.

no

I've been using rxTools since day 1.

Anyone wanna tell me how to install al9h for a retard? I don't know how to do shit

Anyone?

you answered your own question