Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5cab4hgmoE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>le action theory meme
>le free will meme
>le decisions exist and aren't predetermined meme
we lad

Is that an argument?

Is your argument that actions do not exist because they are predetermined?

youtube.com/watch?v=c5cab4hgmoE

Explaining how our brains functions does not necessarily answer the questions mentioned above, interesting video nonetheless

1) Movement
2) Thinking
3) No

>Is all action ultimately spontaneous?
What is Evolution?

>Movement
I agree that actions cause movement to happen

>Thinking
Thinking is an action in and of itself, does not explain how you made the decision to think

>No
ok

>>Is all action ultimately spontaneous?
>What is Evolution?
don't know what you mean by that, sorry

>Thinking
>Thinking is an action in and of itself, does not explain how you made the decision to think

You're going to end up in an infinite regress

How does I make a decision to wake up after anesthesia? Before I'm woken up - "I" wasn't exist . Who is make decision?

Are we actually dead right now? Not yet being able to perceive it?

>You're going to end up in an infinite regress
regression can only happen until there is nothing left, all that exist will eventually regress into nothingness, where the big bang started. Maybe all actions, as the big bang was an action, comes from nothing, in which case I am the nothingness if the one performing the actions is me. Really makes one think...

>How does I make a decision to wake up after anesthesia? Before I'm woken up - "I" wasn't exist . Who is make decision?
I would argue that all decisions are ultimately spontaneous, just as life itself is, which means that the one who is making the decision is the spontaneous happening or action itself

Death and life are the two sides of the same coin, maybe when you die you'll wake up and find out

read Aristotle kid

I thought monkeyposting is a Veeky Forums thing?

>I would argue that all decisions are ultimately spontaneous, just as life itself is, which means that the one who is making the decision is the spontaneous happening or action itself
Again. What is evolution?

It also happens on Veeky Forums

Here's an answer.

>What is evolution?
you tell me

>> 1468793
Not so much of spontaneous phenomena is known. And not one of them wasn't detected in the brain, in the neuron.
Also
>spontaneous
What it's mean for you?

If these things are not innate to you you're probably an idiot and shouldn't be discussing philosophy

answer his questions then

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name

shit translation

see

woah dude o_0

>calls me an idiot for not being innate in "these things" and therefore should not be discussing philosophy
>asked to answer "these thing"
>quotes some ancient chinese scripture instead of giving an actual philosophical answer

>quotes a philosophical answer instead of giving an actual philosophical answer
ftfy

>What it's mean for you?
that which happens of itself
so give an actual answer of your own then without quoting someone else?

good argument

All three questions are only answerable by understanding action as a principle of causality. However, causality is multidimensional, and we often mistake it for being a concrete and linear function. All things exist in a state of superposition and uncertainty. The framework of teleology, wherein we imagine ourselves to be choosing a path toward a goal, is a useful metaphor for the truth - but not the entire truth. Do trees choose the action of growth and photosynthesis? Do ants choose the action of building nests? If you strike my patellar tendon, do I choose the reflex of jerking my leg? Are you choosing to breathe right now? At what point does the reflex end, and the choice begin? It is impossible to determine, so we must seek a more holistic framework: we are everybody at once, but we are limited to the dimension of the self. Every moment is the culmination of all action that has led to that moment, but the degree to which we act in that moment is constructed by the expectations we have acquired. At the same time, every moment is also independent of any other moment, and our experience of that moment is informed by the raw data of empiricism. This roughly translates to a mind/body duality problem, but is resolved when we transcend the binary. This also translates to the paradox of quantum acausality coexisting with Newtonian causality, but is resolved when we understand that we are the unified field. The unified field and the bridge between mind and body is consciousness itself. We simultaneously live in our own universe and a universe co-created by every point of observation therein. The boundary of time that we draw in discerning a moment is the extent to which we are capable of acting, and when we extend our perception far/long enough (for space and time are one), we find that there is but one moment that has ever been being. Thus, spontaneity is an expression of our ignorance of the pattern that drives all action.

Not him, but they are actually relevant:

>The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
Attempting to describe the "nature" of anything through language is an exercise in futility, for it presumes an essence that transcends linguistic description.

>The name that can be named is not the eternal name
Any limitation of "action" through explanation will, by definition, not reflect an objective understanding of action (which is implied by the acontextuality of OP's question).

But if he also wrote , then he is being an elitist prick, because claiming that anyone "shouldn't be discussing philosophy" implies that one needs special training to understand life, when in fact they only require self-awareness.

>Is your argument that actions do not exist because they are predetermined?
dat reading comprehension
ty i was putting a lot of thought into it

I didn't actually wrote , I'm just the Tao guy. Would be kinda stupid saying you shouldn't discuss philosophy while actually quoting philosophy, wouldn't it?

Also, your grasp of the Tao is quite exemplary.

why are you even commenting in this thread? you're clearly stupid

entire argument is just a greentext reply, wew or some fucking other dumb shit, fuck off

>why are you even commenting in this thread?
to piss of people like you obviously
try to stop me faggot

if you actually lurked more and if you weren't a fucking retard you would get my argument
and the fact that there is no actual discussion going on ITT about the questions that OP asked just proves it

>"h-ha guys i was trolling i-imm not retarded"

nice meme