Canadian Medicinal MJ stocks

I will answer any general questions about the Canadian side of marijuana regulations with simple answers. I have keeping up to date on company news and regulations for months. Other people are obviously encouraged to share their perspective to posted questions.

who has the biggest distribution network already set up?
which stocks should be looked out for?
what will store front look like for this product? shoppers drug mart? lcbo?

how will the legislation look? will it implement a government cartel for this product? or will it be free rain for any jo blow.

>Where should I invest; how are the companies different?
In my opinion there are two main tiers of company, ones that are sanctioned by Health Canada and ones that are waiting for their permit.

While investing in companies that have no licence may attract people (these are very cheap to hoard shares in) there is no guarantee that they will pass.
I focus on the companies that are producing marijuana and selling it to medicinal patients. These have a somewhat proven track record, and they are all generating cash.

which ones?

who has the biggest distribution network already set up?
>Since the only way to distribute the MJ is by mail at the time, almost every company has a distribution network equal to the size of either purolator courier, DHL, or canada post. One company does in House delivery (their own vans) and that company is Aurora (ACB), they have mentioned that is is more cost effective in their trial area of edmonton, calgary, and very soon, red deer.
which stocks should be looked out for?
>Producers selling the fuck out right now would include Aurora, mettrum, canopy, aphria, organigram, pharmacan holdings...
what will store front look like for this product? shoppers drug mart? lcbo?
>That will be answered soon, but mail courier is the only definitive answer for now.
how will the legislation look? will it implement a government cartel for this product? or will it be free rain for any jo blow.
>The sanctioning on these companies by health canada will ensure only big companies with big start up capital will survive. They will outcompete small companies in every aspect. It will take years to have more than 60 marijuana producing companies at this rate, and I have a feeling that health canada will eventually cap how many there can be. There is a chance that these companies will be grandfathered in and it will be too late for small start ups by the time full legalization rolls around.

>Aurora, mettrum, canopy, aphria, organigram, pharmacan holdings
out of all the MJ ocmpanies, only a few have a production licence and are openly traded on the canadian venture exchange, or the TSX. This is a short list from maybe 60 companies that meet criteria. These are the whey rising to the top of the cream if you are trying to make a somewhat de-risked investment.

user, you're doing gods work. thank you for some good leads. ill start looking into this shit and using my TFSA to invest provided further vetting.

What should people know that you know? what question isn't being asked that you view as the most important factor influencing the landscape of this coming phenomenon?

My concern is timing. it feels like this isn't going to be implemented until the next election. it could be used as a hostage platform piece to get the liberals elected again. no vote, no weed for example.

I'll be back on in half an hour... Just on the phone.

Nice, I really recommend starting some type of position. I invest from my tfsa as well. People should know that the risk is far less than many perceive. These companies are more than just a flimsy promise, because they are generating money. Just as companies providing medical marijuana, they are doing just fine! They are all working on expanding for the recreational boom.

A few companies have been very clever in putting offers in on greenhouses that they will only begin growing in once legalization occurs. An ace in the sleeve type move by aphria.

A mention on Canopy Growth Corp, you will notice that this company has the highest market cap of them all (445 million). Is is not well known that they own 15% of a sister company in Australia. This will be the first medical marijuana producing company in Australia. They (canopy) are also selling medicinal marijuana to germany. With plans on getting their fingers into foreign markets with a medical marijuana friendly environment. This also includes talks of having production in mexico, brazil, and jamaica. Other companies should start doing the same any time soon.

What brokerage will allow me to invest in these companies in America. I currently use TD, and don't have the option.

Every company I mention is listed on the canadian securities exchange (the CSE, canada's OTC market) with the exception of one company, which is CGC uplisted to TSX, the main canadian stock exchange.

I'd recommend calling the 1-800 number for your trading account company, and speaking with a broker to put the deal through. They can usually work magic that cannot be done on a basic traders platform. They should be able to if you ask them. Try this first before starting a new trading account somewhere else.

Also some reading that might help if your broker is actually powerless. thecse.*com/en/support/investors/how-to-trade-stocks-on-the-cse

www.wealthdaily.**com/resources/how-to-buy-canadian-stocks/29

Delete the *'s when you put this in your url.

Thanks I'll call First thing Monday morning. I like what I've heard of cgc, should be some easy gains

My mainstay is CGC, they definitely have the most going on, and is the gold standard for marijuana stocks in my mind.

My next favorite is Aurora. Have a bias for Albertan companies and this is the only Albertan producer. They just announced that they will be going from 55,000 square feet of growspace to an additional 600,000 square feet, three phase project. They recently went up by 15% on that announcement but I really think there will be more catching up to do. Consider some ratio of CGC and another, or several other companies.

Like I said CGC is fantastic, but they are proportionally overweight in share price. Not a bad thing. Other companies have some time catch up and you may make a slightly better multiple by diversifying a bit.

Since you are talking about a hostage situation if this timeline is delayed significantly, I could happen, but we are pretty far in. Framework for all possible questions will be answered next april 20th. If it is all late for whatever reason, who's to say any platform will use this position to get votes. I am fiscally and socially conservative but I still see this going through.

About diversifying, a quick and dirty tip i'll give you is the largest wildcard of them all. A fairly obscure company is Pharmacan (MJN), it is a holding company of several marijuana companies. Some are producing marijuana and some are not producing. This company has some deals where they will buy a certain % of a company once it becomes viable, and they own between 2% and 33% of several legitimatized companies. This in my opinion is a fairly safe way to diversify and invest in some of the more obscure companies. This is the only way to invest in Whistler Marijuana, Peace naturals, and the Hydropothecary. The other companies might produce in the next year but I cannot predict the future. pharmacancapital.**com/investment-portfolio/ (Delete the *'s)
This holdings company gets the least coverage out of all the legit companies and is the most obscure.

I know my portfolio isn't super impressive, but I am continuously working on increasing it. Don't mind the other stocks on it because I pulled out and bought back in (so the numbers don't actually reflect my gains, I am up 200% on SPHS for example lol)

The marijuana stocks however are only bought in and had some cash added to them when I could. There are many catalysts to come in the coming days, weeks and months. This is a new sector, if you can take anything away from my ramblings, that would be the main point.

how is trudoo going to get past the international treaties?

>Canada could still find a way to adhere to the treaties, but will have to show that legalizing marijuana helps reduce illicit drug use.

"There's no international treaty where you cannot make reservations," he said.

"The problem is the government having to explain why it's doing it, why it feels it has to do it, given the conviction (with which) Prime Minister Trudeau has said it's a failure in terms of enforcement in almost every respect and is driving up the crime rate in some parts of Canada."

The Liberals plan to remove marijuana consumption and incidental possession from the Criminal Code, while creating new laws with heavy penalties to those who give it to minors or operate a motor vehicle under its influence.

Trudeau has promised to set up a task force comprising federal, provincial and municipal governments, while seeking input from experts in public health, substance abuse and the police, to design a new system of marijuana sales and distribution.

There are 100,000 people who use marijuana legally through health Canada, and that doesn't seem to be a problem, all while the police are closing the unregulated marijuana dispensaries. It is solving a criminal problem.

It is not just a case of Canada saying "Fuck you" and doing what it wants.

Through a largest fascist apparatus obviously. I think it's going to be a very sad reflection on society if the power to simply grow your own "weed" is made illegal and the entire biz handed over to basically big pharma. Unlike alcohol and tobacco, manufacturing the product isn't rocket science so I would be really leery of investing in licensed grow ops but I guess it flies in Cali and Colorado or whatever? Are unlicensed growers punished severely or something? I would have a moral problem even investing in such an apparatus myself.

Some might see amending a treaty as being fascist. Medical patients can actually grow their own marijuana now, five indoor or two outdoor due to the recent access to medicinal marijuana ruling. Perhaps it will happen with the general populous in a few years, but I doubt it because there would be too much unregulated marijuana, People can make their own cola or beer but rarely, because the factories do it better.

Is this really overtly handing it over big pharma, or is it just the start of a new business sector? I would argue that we actually can grow tobacco, and make our own beer but Moleson and Phillip Morris continue to generate money hand over fist.

Yes, unlicensed growers are punished as hard as ever. Whoever is growing illegally should quit while they're ahead because they are shutting down grow-ops and dispensaries with diligence. The goal is to end street marijuana trade, and two-bit pistol wielding drug dealers and actually making it as hard to acquire for minors as alcohol is (Marijuana is easier to get than liquor for middle schoolers in Canada) With the points I bring up in contrast to yours do you still have any moral qualms? I just feel like I am fairly addressing them, but tell me if I am not.

Yes it is messy, but we must accept the world is not perfect and this is the best way to control the situation.