/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 28th:
1360 – Muhammed VI becomes the tenth Nasrid king of Granada after killing his brother-in-law Ismail II.
1360 – Muhammed VI becomes the tenth Nasrid king of Granada after killing his brother-in-law Ismail II.
1846 – Adolphe Sax patents the saxophone
1881 – The Austro–Serbian Alliance of 1881 is secretly signed.
1914 – Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife Sophie are assassinated in Sarajevo by Bosnia Serb nationalist Gavrilo Princip, the casus belli of World War I.
1919 – The Treaty of Versailles is signed, ending the state of war between Germany and the Allies of World War I.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8&feature=youtu.be
dictionary.com/browse/placate
youtu.be/Q13jHMcPDfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>forty fucking posts early
xDxD

Good hoi4 when

New thread

why is it so fucking difficult to defeat Japan's navy as USA in HOI4?

I have a navy that is almost 3 times bigger, but I can't send all my ships to attack the Japanese navy at the same time because there is not a single fucking base that could house all those ships.

So I send then in separate groups and then the Japas come and attack them and destroy most of my ships, and since my naval bases are crap they have to go back all the way to Hawaii to get repaired.

Shit it looks like building naval bases in the middle of nowhere is ridiculously important if you are playing as USA. Maybe I'll have to start all over and build those bases in the early games before the war starts.

That's the 4x thread silly and it's quite old.

Because the game isn't balanced

>does't build naval bases

So my Marshal just died randomly, and I have 2 commanders that are capable of filling in. However, I cannot select either of them to "appoint councillor". When I mouse over it, it says "Requirements: (red X)We have any honorary titles to give to Daniel".

What the fuck does that mean? Do I need to strip the guy of his commander title before making him the marshal?

still wondering how to win the warlord era as heavenly kingdom in vickymod for 3.04
well i do get a pay reparations CB, it's quite strange. i cannot do anything outside of using the war decisions.

HOY HOY HOY HOY GOY

Yes you need

Robmod is broken shit, don't play it.
Or you know, go look for the author in his cuck site.

Yes finally the prophesied day hath come

The jew shall die and /gsg/ shall be made clean in death

Based is the Cobra who cameth and will come again

Based is the Kojak who cometh and hath come again

Based is the meme which drives us all

Death to /gsg/

finally I can live my life

Is he landed?

why is today so important?

Never

HPM was stabbed to death by a muslim in Britain.

BLESSED BE THIS RAMADAN

Nah, my marshal wasn't. I basically just started the game. I'm a count in Ireland. I had the marshal and two commanders. The marshal died, but it won't let me appoint either of the commanders. Just wondering if I need to remove their commander title first or if it's just not possible to promote one?

New HPM version when

He's dead faggot

He went to UK for work and got stabbed by a muslim.

Yes you do

Prove it

I stabbed HPM

inshallah

Kill yourself R&I

Is this a good way of not getting diseases?

I'm leading the army btw.

Who

Yes if you aren't in the county.

gsg based on google earth when?

GSG based on alien worlds when?
GSG based on non-spherical worlds when?
GSG based in space when?

>GSG based in space when?
Distant Worlds

the whole 4x genre is really fucking terrible

Imagine a GSG based on something similar to the planetary annhilation engine, where you can just zoom out and look at different worlds, travel around, blow shit up, etc

spore

spore is better than stellaris

Don't remind me that the space level was disappointing

honestly my favorite space 4x was spore :/

100% agreed

It's called Stellaris, and it's grand strat but the liquor lads and history autists REEEEEEEE'd until it went to it's own general.
Which is partly why /gsg/ was so dead lately, even with HoI 4 just releasing
>inb4 some shut in tries to pretend Stellaris isnt gs cuz muh willys

Will the new ck2 dlc bring ANY meaning/lful mechanic?

zombi dlc pls buy $29.99 we did some shit haha we made some event chains and a couple images x--------------------------------------D

The disease stuff seems like it might be interesting. Hopefully that and the apocalypse stuff aren't the only things in it though.

Do I later get an event or decision to rename all these provinces? Having native names on a purely dutch/boer South Africa really annoys me desu.

CK2 needs an alien visitor DLC desu
And a demon invasion from hell DLC

I think you get them when you go south Africa
check the decision

niggers never played master of orion

What year do you think this is?

>playing CK2 in 2020
>everything going fine
>suddenly zombie horde takes over russia and starts blobbing towards me
>alien invasion event starts and they land in Jerusalem where they begin subjugating everyone around them with their doomstacks
>the antichrist is spawned in China and become Emperor of China, he opens the gates to hell and uses his demonic hordes to subjugate asia
>get a pop-up that a new DLC featuring otherkin and genderfluids is being released soon
>The HRE (lead by a ashkenazi woman) that exists in South America since its lands in Europe were overtaken by Aztecs enters an alliance with the Umayyds (who exist only in North America)
>get a notification that my heir married a male horse
>one of my duchies on the moon is overtaken by athiest rebels and becomes independent
>suddenly my game crashes because not enough RAM even though I have 64GB

The organize South Africa decision only gives SA cores on the land I conquer.

I'll check the NET decisions txt anyway.

Ah yes, the game that all the 4x games he hates emulated is REALLY going to change his opinion.

> Fall Gelb successful
> Operation Sealion successful
> Barbarossa successful
> build a grand navy and airforce
> invade US
> US capitulates
> peace conference
> all of France goes to Vichy France
> can't take Alsace Lorraine

fucking paradox...

Most of them are more mockery than anything else.

Whatever grognard.

holy shit, my liege is a cunt

What mod is this? Isn't the dwarf modifier supposed to be -30?

I abdicated, but my bitch wife still managed to find a way to kill my epic dwarf dad.

ck2+

is this a dating sim mod?

check these dubs

>attraction to Dwarf

>mod

>seductress negates the modifier

Is napoleon's legacy dead?

at least my wife likes me now.

Napoopan died like years ago

>Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife Sophie are assassinated in Sarajevo by Bosnia Serb nationalist Gavrilo Princip, the casus belli of World War I.

Best day of my fucking life

>the war that started the slow death of Europe
>the war that toppled so many monarchs
>good thing

>bretons ruling castille
why does this happen every game I play, modded or not?

seriously, I've had this happen in vanilla, ck2+, and even HIP.

It's historical

youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8&feature=youtu.be
Holy shit sieges look good as fuck.

Only complaints is how slow body falls and how he couldn't open the door from inside, but that's easy to fix. Also hope you can hit people through the cracks in the door.

I hope walls can be completely destroyed with enough damage and that sieging affects cities, killing people and damaging buildings.

With that and a little mod support Bannerlord will be a way better medieval game than Medieval 2 or CK2.
I hope they really develop the politics part of the game more.

Do you think your line is afflicted with Achondroplasia or Pseudoachondroplasia

wew, my wife just ratted out some chick who wants my dick.

Don't know desu lad, the kid I had with my wife is the first one I've had in a while without dwarfism.

It's not a big deal (or wouldn't be historically), it's just a problem with the game not converting the monarch to the culture of the people they're governing. The way cultures are handled is just wrong on every level.

I don't mind the culture thing, I was just noting that in like every game I've played, the duke of brittany somehow manages to get a shitton of spanish land out of nowhere.

wew, my qt duchess kinswoman just got excommunicated.

>Be GB
>Form PU with France
>Use them as a buffer zone and free army to expand
>HRE unites against me but I manage to placate them over about 20 years
>Meanwhile colonising the Native Americans with peace and war
>France sends their entire 50k stack over to help me placate them
>Er thanks France..
>Aragon has colonised Italy
>Austraia/Aragonese war
>Decide to take advantage and push into Aragon take half of spain for myself
>War going well, Castille is on my side, Aragon seems to have unlimited manpower but I'm still winning
>Wait where's France I could really use their 50k right now
>...they're still in the USA
>Walking around aimlessly hunting for the 7 cities
>Never transported them home
>Aragon has allied with Poland
>Aragon has allied with Russia
>Castille has accepted white peace
>1k gold and my manpower pool later
>Aragon keeps spamming white peace at me
>FUCKING FRENCH FROGS CUNTED ME OUT OF MY GLORIOUS SPANISH BRITISH EMPIRE

didn't read this

dictionary.com/browse/placate

Please post in here so mods know this is the rightful /feg/. The other one is full of faggots who refuse ot accept #FE as a fire emblem game.

Help us grand strategists. We need your guidance.

>/gsg/ autism
dw user I used it correctly.

youtu.be/Q13jHMcPDfM

If I liposuction out his belly fat and drink it through a straw will I gain his powers?

no you didn't, you probably wanted to use "pacify" or, you wanted to use it ironically, but it doesn't really work within this context

Asthmatics are my fetish

Please buy

Let me just edit my post to fix that accidental use of the second placate ;^)

what song?

google the lyrics u fucking reetad

>tfw you'll never save Johan

wew, the count of constantinople is hella rich.

it makes me wonder why the greek ai didn't choose it as the capital when it revolted against the muslims.

Why doesn't the ck2 dlc activator work?

Wew lads, about to start a new HOI4 run. Want to run a smaller nation. Which country do I turn to glorious nationalism?

siam

How do you get 5-day war justifications?

HPM, are you able to reshape the provinces between California and Oregon for großcascadiums (columbia) to not look liney?

my wife must hate aesthetic borders.

Hoi is fucking garbage I wasted my fucking money. Either Im missing lije half the game or it is literaly plan drawing simulator: air support edition. Never even go lower than speed 3 except pauses for research choosing.

Your wife is based

When you are no longer 15 years old you may be worth having a conversation with. You've got a lot of maturing to do yet. Your head is still filled with childishness, cognitive dissonance, and an unavoidable contrarian nature. Your arguments aren't your own, they are instead the opposite of whatever mine are. You haven't experienced enough of the world yet to have a worthwhile opinion. Go on being edgy for now. Develop emotionally so you can tame your intellect. It comes with age and education. Your frustration and inability to communicate effectively is still evident.