/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Back when this game was (more) trash edition.

>Summary from the latest Live Letter:
pastebin.com/x3petsBx

>Current Event - Summer DLC Campaign (June 14—July 4th)
ffxivredeem.com/

>Patch Notes:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/197e9c8b2f04efdecffe26bebe43b40551d1e3e8

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/p88PqskL

>Previously on /xivg/

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/12356192/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>didnt have male miqote
>more trash

Debatable.

in wow i used to only use healing spells in 15-20 dungeons. is that the right thing to do

>no male miqo'te
>no femroes
>garleans were best race

1.0 was great

This is my catgirl. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My catgirl is my sexy slut. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my catgirl is useless. Without my catgirl, I am useless. I must fuck my catgirl true. I must fuck harder than my enemy who is trying to cuck me. I must cuck him before he cucks me. I will...
My catgirl and I know that what counts in sex is not the loads we fire, the noise of our moaning, nor the mess we make. We know that it is the splurts that count. We will nutt...

>tfw never going to get the butler outfit because too lazy/poor

naka bp

>tfw cant gw2 post now cuz the thread ended
fug

>preorder
>get codes
>cancel preorder

>chaika going to fanfest
>cant wait to go crazy on dat sweet sweet bp

>TFW in 4.0 they'll add dream within a dream within a dream that hits four times instead of three times and THUG MUG which hits twice as hard as mug and both of these are separate skills from DWD and MUG

>no male miqo'te
>no femroes
>no female highlanders
>better graphics
>better storytelling
>better cinematics
>better music
>they cared about gear (visible belts, good details in gear, tail doesn't clip on clothes)

>talk to rocklizard
>says he's done shitposting6
>ask if he's ok
>he says he woke up from the dream
>ask what he means
>he says he woke up
>tells me he's picturing a different ending altogether
>"a clearer vision of the true ending"
>logs off from everything I have him added on
>haven't seen him since
What did he mean by this...?

Are my eyes just bad or did 1.0 look better graphics wise?

>Visible belts
Hopefully those will return with 4.0 getting rid of the PS3

>TFW in 4.0 they'll enochian II which is only usable while in ley lines and after casting fire IV, and allows you to cast fire V but only for all of your remaining mp

CONFESS

TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL RIGHT NOW

>tfw casting hallowed ground doesn't leave a ground aoe that deals 300 potency over 10 seconds but requires the PLD to stand in it to gain the invincibility effects.

>Tornado
we already have Aeroga and Stonega, let's get some real water shit those enemies in Lost City of Amdapoor Hard use Waterga and it looks really great before we give WHM even more Earth and Wind.

that being said i'm a complete hypocrite who would love to get a massive AoE Quake spell.

uh unless by 'worked like wildfire' you mean to give overheal in the form of shield HP that sounds like utter shit

sounds like it's time for Graviga or maybe Gravira, but typically they go straight to -ga with Gravity spells. would be nice if Gravity gained the ability to proc Graviga in a similar manner to a mashup of Firestarter and Thundercloud...

I play DRK/WHM but I'm really looking forward to what RDM and SAM bring to the table. I don't really dig the melee DPS we have now and I'd not mind taking on Samurai.

As far as things I want to see, I'd like to see PLD get something along the lines of Greased Lightning and another cooldown or other defensive ace in the hole to call their own.

For DRK, they need to just give it up and give Delirium the Blunt Resistance Down it always deserved and then a few fourth hits to their combos could be fun. They should definitely play more with how much MP they burn through (which is to say, more things to use Dark Arts on) and replenish in a given period so that there's more serious fluctuation going on, I think. While I'm not super big on throwing back to FFXI's DRK, I think access to both a single target Osmose/Aspir and an AoE Osmoga/Aspiga would be pretty sick.

Already mentioned WHM prior, so.

xth for mischief

Trash character from a garbage anime.

The dumb faggot who named himself after he is even worse.

THEY'RE OUT OF TIME

True
That's photoshopped but yes, 1.0 was far better graphics wise.

SMN or NIN? Yes I know they're completely different but I can't choose which one to main

>wanting visible belts

I guess since this game has the invisible items to glamour to hide things it's okay, but jesus christ trying to match belts for WoW transmog was such a pain in the ass, i hope this never comes back.

>Aendyr: I love you.
>DocBandam: i love you too

I told them but I got shut down because theyre not into that stuff.

Why? Like you said, they can just make an Emperor's New Belt kind of item if people didn't want it.

They may start making all new sets with the belt 'in mind' so that without it, it looks kind of weird.

Some pants/boots already kind of do this and don't look right unless you have both.

he's acheived CHIM

Aren't the cures--well, just Raise, considered the water spells already because of their casting animation? Other than that, yeah. I'd love more water spells.

>use on tank
>heal them normally with cures, regens, ect
>let them dip as timer gets close to 0 or time it to where the timer goes off after a tank buster
>essentially a cheaper benediction with proper use
>utter shit
Yeah, no. WHM would be a lot more fun playing around with that.

aqua rake when

I feel like unless you had manual control over when Curaja 'pops' and gives the accumulated heals it would be pretty unreliable and easy to waste.

Hmm, I see your point. Although I think some of the chest pieces having the belts already glued on them turns me off a bit, so I for one would like it.

>elk going to fanfest
>can't wait to go crazy on dat sweet sweet bp

Maybe when they considered adding BLU first

>water spells
>slipnslide.jpg

Could be useful for trash packs too if the pop time is longer than 20-30 seconds.
>pop it and spam cure or whatever while on your way to the next trash mob
>use sprint to make sure you don't fall behind the tank too much
>tank makes big pull
>you put on cleric stance and DPS
>massive heal pops right as he gets low

Maybe. I think it would separate the rookie WHMs from the experienced ones. Like with all WHM healing, it would require precasting but at a much higher level of play.

>The raids are only going to do good things for GW2.
>requiring roles and optimizing party composition
The game was sold to me on the premise that no matter who was in my party, content could be cleared. Is my greentext wrong?

>lancia going to fanfest
>can't wait to go crazy on dat sweet sweet fp

Removing trinity from MMOs is a mistake.

naka bp

>le skill dodj buttan

naka bp

>waiting half an hour to complete a dungeon because you're DPS
>the dungeon is required to progress the story
>which is the only way to unlock any content
>sniff the chocobo
Not all of us need our hands held.

>sniff the chocobo
wat

naka bp

2.0 doman questline

What's the point if you have no real identity? I'm not saying the jobs have identity in XIV either, but it is a dumbed down MMO.

Are paladins really considered that bad? Should I not bother trying to gear one up and just level warrior or dark knight insteaD?

Post-50/pre-Heavensward, there is a step in the main story quest that requires you "sniff the chocobo". You cannot get past this quest, it is required of you, the Warrior of Light, Hydaelyn's champion, to sniff a horsebird.

>myself going to fanfest
>can't wait for that sweet bp

i don't feel too great

the person i like is with someone else

hello

PLDs are only "bad" because they are the least impressive of the three tanks in a game that asks for two in major content.

depends entirely on what percentage of healing is 'absorbed' by it at any given time and how long the absorption duration is.

i still feel like manual activation would be pretty vital, otherwise the countdown duration could either be too long to predict the best time for it to pop or too short to really suck up enough heals to give you any real serious time to hurl rocks.

I hate the ocean.

naka bp

what are you doing to that poor au ra

speaking of domans what the fuck happened to the family of lalafell thieves and the doman kids

like they left a lot of threads hanging in heavensward quests but that is by far the weirdest one

>tell her how I feel
>all contact is cut off a few days later

baka np

They focused on le funnehz Hildebrand instead

we'll probably find out in 5.3

>no real identity
>roles being your identity
The armor customization is leaps and bounds better, on top of story customization as well as weapons and skills you use. Obviously there's metafags, but usually it's common to see two of the same profession and they won't function the same way. Melee-caster, healer-tank, caster-tank, et cetera.

That's fair. I just want to see something different is all.

Where is rock lizzard??

Honestly, I'd much rather have a heal that pops after x seconds and heals for a set potency than wildfire heals. Or make it so the tank can click off the wildfire heal buff and have it manually pop

i just got back from a wedding and i'm ANGRY
so i was jumping on their head

hopefully dead

Why are you angry? Short temper?

is SMN worth maining?

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/12356192/

What went wrong?

>i'm ANGRY
>angry about WEDDINGS

but you probably killed them

baka poynussy

the latter will never happen due to non keyboard/mouse players, which is a shame because it sounds great

>Yoshi and this game will NEVER stop spoon-feeding and handholding players, even though the players are still shit even when they're being babysitted
I miss FFXI so much. Even if it was pretty trash it was a true MMO. Not even 1.0 had this blatant hand-holding.
Everything's worth maining.

Yeah, it's fun.

I wish we could have at least stayed friends.

No PLD is essential for cross class that these shitters use
Though a PLD dosent need Cross class from any other tank really

quit playing

if you want to be a caster main, git gud at SMN and BLM both.

>5.3 questline
>ilberd finally climbs out of the well he fell into into after 3.0
>wol gains immunity to sleeping poison after drinking it 5 more times
>urianger still doing mysterious things, mysteriously
>someone else remembers that we showed up as a light ghost and gave cid his goggles that was fucking weird what was that about

good healers love paladins the most out of the three tank classas

Yeah, it doesnt have to be JUST like wildfire but i'd want a sort of complete heal that needs time to work its magic. Like the mechanics of a HoT with the result of a direct heal.

Cheeky

Fell for the Overwatch meme.

sugi bugi..

you forgot
>bahamut comes back because obviously the reason alexander failed was a lack of bahamut

why angry?

It could just be some sort of unintended advantage. PC players already have it with berserk since you can click it off early if you accidentally popped it before a phase change to make sure you don't have pacification when the boss becomes targetable again.

bugger off

god DAMN IT

no they are dancing with me right now

cause i just am

>Even XIV will have a shitty story with repetitive tropes at that point
Why even play

I actually prefer WARs if they are good, they just never are.

i'd assume there's a macro command to cancel buffs, but.