Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3070

Smoking Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version: pastebin.com/weL41ehu (embed)
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq (embed)
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB (embed)
Writebin: pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE (embed)
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi (embed)
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink: writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/borderline-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20023204
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

paint is flammable. be careful with that cigarette

Nth for a Happy Hana!

Rin is such a fucking joke of a character.

We have images again, it's a best girl edition, all is right with the world.

I'm amazed this general is still a thing.

I always wanted to say something about this game: That's not how fucking sign language works. That's not how Japanese Sign Language works. It's not even how American Sign Language works. And those aren't the same thing and they'd be speaking one instead of the other because they live in fucking Japan.

You just don't "get" her man.

aww, you hurt Rin's feelings! Apologize!

They're all Lovely

There's nothing to get. She's just autistic. Not in the Veeky Forums way either, I'm talking legitimate autism.

You bastard! Delete this!

mind explaining how sign language actually works and what KS does wrong, then?

Autistic people are horrible at art or abstract concepts, sorry.

Now you're just being autistic in the Veeky Forums way. 2/10, apply yourself.

When will get a Lilly body hair edition?

My sister and I tried cosplaying as the Moe Sisters. We haven't made our uniforms yet, but what do you think about the homemade hats?

No

at least make em pink or somethin man

But this is what you claimed. If Rin was legitimately autistic, she would not have the capacity to paint surrealist art or make extensive metaphors. She is certainly suffering a form of Bipolar or Borderline personality disorder but I wouldn't go so far to call her autistic.

People put high expectations on her by denying the reality of her mental conditions and writing them off as quirkiness.

If you pretend she's a normal person, yes, she comes across as an absolute joke. If you pick up a textbook on borderline personality disorder, then you're like "Oh, she's fine, it's just a personality disorder"

... but people refuse that. So she will always be a joke.

KSG, do you have experience with lucid dreaming?

Borderline Personality Disorder.

An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
Ongoing feelings of emptiness
Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/borderline-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20023204

It's all bullshit. If people knew how to lucid dream they'd never be awake.

Her hair's not naturally pink, friend, so black brows are not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm sorry, I'll stop.

This seems to describe me worryingly well
Maybe I should get myself checked out or something

The writers treat it like it's all about fingerspelling, which is the only way what's-his-name could have learned it so fast. In reality, all the core vocabulary involves broader movements of your hands, arms, or face, and deaf people have to get pretty literate with the written form of English (or Japanese or whatever else) before they can communicate with fingerspelling alone. And because a lot of signs involve exaggerated facial expressions, deaf people tend to come across like they're overacting, or at least wearing their emotions on their sleeves.

It's just a thing that bugs me. I notice this shit but I know nobody cares. I'm complaining anyway.

You aren't a special snowflake. There's nothing wrong with you. You're just a lonely nerd that doesn't have normal friends.

her hair isn't naturally black either, not to mention that her eyebrows would probably be thin enough to not be prominent anyway. and who's to say that she wouldn't dye her eyebrows with the rest of her hair anyway?

It's not bullshit, I could do it before, but this last night it was... different.

It's actually brown.

why isn't shizune wearing glasses? i mean, she's deaf and all

>what is meganekko

I can only assume that dying eyebrows is a tough venture, what with how coarse the hair is and the nature of its location, but I don't have much knowledge in the matter so maybe she would.

But I like a Frau with Brow, so that's just me.

I can't force myself to lucid dream, but there have been times where I realize I'm in a dream and get some minor form of control. Usually immediately wake up when that happens, though.

I agree, it's probably nothing.

I dated a girl with BPD on and off for a couple of years. It went exactly like Hisao and Rin which is how I spotted it instantly. The biggest problem in our relationship (the real life one) was trust. She would not answer a question directly. About her friends, her family, her plans for the night, the time she gets off work, her favorite color, where her fucking car is parked, ... nothing. It's like she got off on mystery. Like any information that anyone finds out about her was a weapon that could be used against her. Like it took power away from her.

When I bought a book on BPD, she broke up with me. It was THAT big of an offense to her. Because it was her instruction manual, and me knowing that much about her made her feel powerless.

It was the weirdest fucking thing. So incredibly frustrating. You wouldn't believe it. On hindsight, I think it was the symptom of her just trying to keep me from getting too close. But who knows? I'm not a shrink.

How different? Did you fuck your cousin?

>nobody cares.

I care, and I find this interesting. Thank you for sharing. Isn't facial expression a necessary component, or is it more like reinforcement?

I mean, people talk with their hands a lot. Waving their arms around stupidly to sort of emphasize interjection. To punctuate what they're saying. Is that how facial expressions apply in sign language? To kind of "drive the point home" or "clarify" the signing being done, or is facial expression a key component and taught from books as such?

Okay, so, I'm not too familiar with the specifics of JSL, and I don't remember a whole lot of ASL, but you know how in English you can replace "here" with "where" to make a question, and there's a whole bunch of question words like that? In ASL, instead of changing the hand movements themselves, you have to make a confused face. It's an actual grammatical marker, like the "ka" particle in Japanese. And there are other signs (I think mostly describing emotions) where the same hand movements can just mean completely unrelated things depending on the facial expression you use with them.

Left out "/ksg/ in the title. It's what people CTRL+F the catalog for. Not complaining. I don't really care. At least the initiative was taken to make the damn thing. Just for future reference, you know.

that makes a lot of sense. Interesting. Thanks for answering. I know the question was a bit of wreck. I had a hard time finding the wording.

Hahaha, now I know who you are.

No, I've done similar things before, but not that.

Last night I dreamt that I was in some online forum, like ksg, but I went to sleep and I could control my dream, it was an adventure game but I decided on the spot what happened, I could create the levels.
Like, I had a dream within that dream AND I could control it. It was weird.

you monster

Good morning /ksg/

Good morning, man.

I've tried to get into lucid dreaming, but I've had some pretty nasty experiences with sleep paralysis while trying to transition into it and I just sort of gave up.

I don't mean to pry, friend, but when you were experiencing sleep paralysis what were the thoughts going through your head?

I had a nasty experience with it as well and just want to see if anyone went through a similar thing as I did thought wise.

Kill yourself.

Hey, that doesn't sound very nice.

Basically thoughts of, "This is how I die".

The point at which I quit trying was when I had 3 back to back episodes. Couldn't sleep for the rest of the night afterwards.

Morning, friend.

Ah, I've been lucky enough to only have one episode, but fuck all it was not enjoyable.

For me the line, "If I move it'll notice me" kept playing through my mind and it felt like something was standing just on the edge of my vision but all I could do was stare at the ceiling.

Yeah, that's usually how it is for me. At times they get rather vivid though. I'll see a bit of a shadow in the corner of my room, and I'll hear it start to whisper my name.

Not to long ago I woke up to a bunch of hands on either side of me pulling me into my bed and I could feel each individual finger...Shit was weird man.

Bedtime for me, goodnight KSG.

Really? I only "tried" once, but I discovered that once I have this desire to control my dreams on my mind, I end up being able to do it sometimes.

But this time it was unexpected and inside another dream.

Goodnight, bro, see you later!

Goodnight man

Goodnight, friend.

I hope you feel better. I suck at this game.

Night lad

ksg mansion when

If you could remove 1 main girl from KS, and replace her with another girl from the KS universe, how would do it?

I'd swap out Rin for Saki.

Shizune with Alpha Hanako. Then Hanako can be friends with Hanako.

can raita's hanako drawing join in too

The more the merrier, friend.

Please post in here so mods know this is the rightful /feg/. The other one is full of faggots who refuse ot accept #FE as a fire emblem game.

Help us cripple bros, we need your aid. We will reward you.

I've never played Fire Emblem, so I'll just wish you luck as I've nothing to offer to the general.

WELP! My attempt at reaching a better life out west was met with failure. I lost the one person I cared about most and Kenji, Misha, and Lilly are all lost within a fever dream. Think I'm just going to loose the oxen, maybe they'll have a better go at it.

Best of luck reaching the west, friends. I'm going to sit here in the snow and take a little nap. Goodnight.

>Then Hanako can be friends with Hanako.

I imagine a very awkward 2 minute stuttering introduction before the anxiety reaches the boiling point and they just tear off their clothes and start going at it because they have no other outlet for the built up stress.

How is fates?
I've only played Fire Emblem gba & Awakening for reference.
The cripples are here to help friend

Yeah, this guy is gonna get banned for spamming. He's hit at least 6 other generals that I visit.

Shizune for Suzu. They already look alike, it would be easy peasy.

Also, how dare you remove Rin? She's cute!

>This edition.

G'morning, dood!
I'm not late.

>how dare you remove Rin? She's cute!

The most insane ones usually are.

Is she cute because she's insane or is she insane because she's cute?

Am I cute or insane for thinking this?

>Am I cute
user is cute.

Yes you are. LAAAAATE

She's neither all that cute nor insane though...

Well I'm here now.
How's it going?

>page 9

You can wake yourself up if you realize you're dreaming. I've done it many times.

Night, bros.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on around me, sort of.
Plus I just had a customer of mixed feelings. Cute girl, really my type, rather short, glasses, long hair. Walked right past me as I was locking the door to stay open, threw me a 'good morning' with kind of a deep, teasy voice (as deep as female voice could be of course). Where's the mixed feelings you might ask? Her voice sounded mature, but I could not tell the age if my life depended on it.

And I blogpost again. Welp.

How bout you? Why so late?

Haven't been here in forever but I started messing with photoshop so take this OC Rin

That's bullshit, how does she put the hat on anway

with her feet

G'night dood.

Fascinating. Would it be the end of the world if she was a bit older?
>I blogpost again
Excellent!

>How bout you? Why so late?
I'm fine. I took a nap.

Is she Samus? Seriously, with that much flexibility, Rin would be beast in bed.

>Would it be the end of the world if she was a bit older
I might have to clarify here
She sounded mature and looked more or less around my age, but was rather tiny and dressed like a teen. I wouldn't mind a year or two difference, but she might've been around 16 as well

>played KS over four years ago and it still dictates my fetishes and preferences in women to this day

Is this a common thing over there? Women being almost indistinguishable by age?

Also what makes her sound 'mature'?

>dictates my fetishes
This isn't really a bad thing. As far as fetishes go, KS is pretty vanilla

>As far as fetishes go, KS is pretty vanilla
Apart from all the girls being crippled and simultaneously so perfect that real women could never live up to them.

besides Hanako's route

>the girls being crippled and simultaneously so perfect that real women could never live up to them.
That's not a fetish.

Oi, stop it.

Happens sometimes, teens look 20+ and 20+ girls look tiny and teen-like

>what makes her sound 'mature'?
Vocal somewhere between Lorde an Adelle if I had to put it this way. Not a squeaky teenage girl's voice, deeper, more mature sounding. The kind of voice that would tell you to bend over and you wouldn't even mind, honestly. Take it from a guy who would not allow such stuff

Crippled girls is definitely a fetish, and there's no way I could land an ara ara~ ojou girl like Lilly, that's unattainable perfection.

I think I get what you mean.
>spoiler
Give iiiiiiiin.

>Fetishising a girl for her disability
For shame, user.

It's not my fault that blind girls are cute.

She's many things, user.

She's Beautiful, Kind, Caring, Charming, Lewd and whole lot of other things I can't think of. But she's not these things because she's blind and I think you missed the point of KS if you think that.

You're daft if you think that's what I'm trying to say.

Then what are you trying to say?

Just because I think blind girls are cute doesn't mean I think Lilly is only cute or desirable because she's blind. That's stupid.

>Give iiiiiiiin
She was short, looked a little bit nerdy, but rather neat at the same time. No make up but still pretty, even though she had a funny nose, a little bit on the bigger side. Would give in if she really turned out to be round my age

Buuuuuuut I will probably never see her again so we're all good. It's fun to fantasize.

She's not cute because she's blind, she's cute despite being blind. I guess?

>despite
No. Her blindness is not something separate from her. She's not blind but cute, she's blind AND cute. It's the same with all the other girls, their disabilities may not define them but they are certainly part of them.