/rsg/ - Runescape General

/rsg/ - Runescape General

party time edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>Official runescape 2017 survey time
services.runescape.com/m=news/a=579/runescape-2017-survey--now-live?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/gower-quest--get-ready-for-telos?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,434,65804375

>Money Making Guide
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mmg

>Gear Guide
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/gear_guide

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/OIJUY
youtube.com/watch?v=I-NtoI4dgmI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbIARdsAbDU
youtube.com/watch?v=VS1lCWkluUo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7faRubyT_k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish there was a way to farm protean items again

Construction money sink forever

>latest update not changed
>latest patch notes not changed
Nope, make another one

You do it then, no one else would so I just ctrl + c the last one.

first for trimbabb tears

6th for badonko

ok i'm bored of telos now

quest cape pics

imgur.com/a/OIJUY

absolutelydisgusting.jpg

>tfw someone with a 'danger game at work' poster on their door and a handmade quest cape has a gf to take their picture and u never will
send help friends

>you can't reach that!
>you can't reach that!
>you can't reach that!
>you can't reach that!
>you can't reach that!
MAYBE DONT MAKE A BOSS WITH PRECISE POSITIONING MECHANICS IF THE GAME WONT LET YOU DO DAMAGE WHILE YOU'RE "UNDER" HIM AND BOUND
FUCK

almost as good as my crozier

friendly reminder that if you attack any of the adds in p3 you are doing the phase wrong

This new boss is total garbage

>positioning mechanics
>can walk you
>can set you up to not hit him while he heals
>if you dont freedom a full tick after he stuns you freedom goes on cooldown and the stun remains
>instakill mechanic
>shitty drops

A patch note week would have been better

>elite slayer monsters special drops are 1/10k
Did jagex try to make these monsters completely worthless on purpose or what?

wew

>positioning mechanics
either play a different game or don't complain about things like this
>can walk you
annoying but not a huge deal and you get used to it
>can set you up to not hit him while he heals
???
>if you dont freedom a full tick after he stuns you freedom goes on cooldown and the stun remains
never had this happen in 20 kills
>instakill mechanic
if you get instakilled fighting telos you have brain damage and deserved to die
>shitty drops
i'll give you this one for now but it depends on drop rates for weapon pieces at 100% enrage, the common drops are pretty bad though

but this is a patch note week

see If you're mid walk while you get rooted you cant attack and he heals until the effect wears off

happened to me at least once a fight my first 5 kills

>either play a different game or don't complain about things like this
Other than telos what bosses require you to stand on a specific square (or row of squares)?

I can't think of any

Vorago

Araxxor

Helwyr

Of those only one has the new anti-walk bullshit that can move your player even if you placed them properly, and it's one of the least popular bosses

I can see why people find it frustrating

Also Vorago and Araxxor give you way more than a single square

Yaka too

Does Nomad count

Is the outfit of seasons worth buying or are prices retarded now?

Summer Beach Party soon, famlia.

ded

Anyone got any tips for phase 3 telos? I'm at 58% enraged and barely make it through with usually 3 rock tails or sara brews with full perked malevolent and scythe and res'd all gelinor hits. But that phase 3 absolutely wrecks my shit. Once those minions appear, I immediately focus on killing them, then another appears on the other side of the beam and the boss gets into the beam and starts bombing 3ks nearly every tick. Panic and eat food while trying to simultaneously get rid of the other minions that are constantly charging his meter and keeping him out of the beam while watching out for his gelin or attack and bringing his health with maybe 1 attack if I'm lucky. And if I stand in beam, I can do more damage, but if he starts his stand still attack, it's basically a guaranteed 7k hit.

This fight is a clusterfuck. Any tips for phase three. Litreally every other phase is fine, I can't get past 58% enraged, got him to 74% but ran out of food at the beggining of phase 4 due to phase 3. What do?

BIG

FAT

CRYSTAL

TITTIES

>tfw you will never fug seren

Fuck off weeb, I was looking forward to an actual crossover of FE and SMT but instead they give us idolshit.

zaros wouldn't allow it

dps as hard as you can. onslaught on the first red beam if you can. outside of that, all you can do is kill the minions. if there are no minions telos cant use his explosions.

>implying zaros isn't too busy with his "MUH ELDER GODS" nonsense to care about who fucks his sister

he was kind of created to care about her so yeah, I think he would

>implying he should be worried about her being in a relationship

I'm sorry but I don't see Zaros as the "Overprotective Brother" type of guy. Unless fucking Seren has ramifications, he wouldn't truly care. I mean, do you even know what his opinion on love is?

iirc Zaros was created first, then Mah created Seren to force him to stay

dubs names my bird

So what exactly does strength do nowadays? Does it boost ability damage or something? Please show me a damage formula, I wanna know what a few extra strength levels would do for me.

next to nothing

It adds about 2.5 points of damage to your base attack every level if I remember things correctly.

That sounds useless.

Why does that sound useless? I figured it would have been something like a small percentage boost to ability damage per level. I'd still like some citation though, maybe a damage formula or anything really. With that being said, how exactly does Attack function? Numbers would be nice. Is it true that Attack is a thousand times better than Strength these days?

yes but that's because most weapons have an attack requirement instead of strength

either way he is totally WHIPPED

If anything Zaros would only be upset over who Seren was fucking is if she wasn't plowing the chadist of chads.

>Only thing missing for Frem boots 4 is agile top
250 laps can go fuck themselves.

Would Zaros get mad if the World Guardian fucked Seren?

So has anyone gotten honed 5? Did it take a lot of gizmos?

What are some good ways to make money?

I've got about 50m and decent skill levels

slayer

What gear do I need for Telos

everquest is better

Preferably t90 augmented armour+weps, but it has been done on low enrage naked by one guy and by some 1 defence guy.

I personally use t90 weps + t80 armour, both augmented, but on low enrage you can manage fine with t70 (still try to use t90 weps because he has high defence).

looks poorly made and pleb as fuck. this is how you bring runescape items into the real world

youtube.com/watch?v=I-NtoI4dgmI

>want to keybind the commands to wind up and release clockwork penguins to level agility faster
>have no idea what's going on in the control panel

I just want to keybind the "wind up" and "release" commands, which are the first and second that pop up when right-clicking respectively.

That screen is probably one of the most bloated things in RS and that's saying something

>Found out you need to put the actions in the combat bar

That's actually clever desu

bane?..

>Want to use keybinds
>Numbers just get typed in the chat and I can't seem to turn it off

bane?!..

Dr. Fenkenstrain, I'm H.A.M

he was trying to grab your fri's

Does releasing and catching clockwork penguins really grant 40k agility XP/hour?

P3 is by and large the worst part of the Telos fight. The first two phases are a breeze. P4 isn't really bad aside from the big damage you can't block from the fonts. Overall I think the fight would be cake of Resonance healed you off of the uppercut.

u said i was a big guy?!

I want /tv/ to stay

why the fuck does telos not drop charms and potions like arraxi

>rsof
not even once

stop using lelgacy you cuck
or turn off always on mode

is Runescape still worth playing even if I don't buy the membership ? I may be buying membership if I get hooked again/ if I grind enough cash in game

Why does Kerapac seem like a Dragonkin version of Kharshai?
>Both of a race that look down on humans
>Both would rather further their studies while the rest of their race is generally more concerned with power in some way
>Both would rather you not dead
Granted, Kerapac wouldn't care much if you did, but he seems to realize the player character is useful.

>even if I don't buy the membership

If you grind your skills to become a member yes.

You can also play f2p to pay for membership with cash now but it takes a while.

oh in that case ill just start grinding up now

>rsof
>mfw I for some reason decided to do tech support on the forums right when NXT came out
>every other post was "Check if your cache is loaded by pressing alt-~ and typing 'displayfps'"
>every post between that was explaining that an 8 year old laptop cannot run NXT on ultra

Kerapac stands out because he's the first dragonkin you can interact with that doesn't want to kill you but he seems to be pretty much just your average Dactyl, aside from being a notoriously smart one apparently and also being white for some reason

how long until people realize that the telos weapons have shit drop rates and are insanely pricey and start buying back nox

holy shit this is beautiful

>runescape burnout is setting in

it's been fun lads. i just don't know what to do anymore.

no im not maxed.

>no im not maxed.
why not? you're far from running out of things to do

I know that feel, desu.
Try
quests
dungeoneering
achievement diaries/tasks/whatever the fuck they're called now
getting comp/mqpc reqs
or take a break and play other autism sims.
Factorio's .13 update is out.

from 2004-2007 I played but not seriously. Biggest achievement was probably D Scimmy and then selling my entire bank for 1 whip multiple times.

Quit for good after Summoning/ Dungeoneering came out until New Years Eve of last year. Been playing ever since.

>tfw you get 63 dung and 77 summoning from lamps / xp rewards
>tfw you got bonecrusher + imp charmer from dung without even going into dungeons once.

Also, I just did the Myreque questline in a span of 2 days last month. Even the first one where you need to get steel weapons - that was way too much for me before g.e. existed back in 2004-2005.

Okay, that's what I'm struggling with. What do I do in phase 3 to avoid doing that?

Post good listenings
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbIARdsAbDU

youtube.com/watch?v=VS1lCWkluUo

FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

good post

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7faRubyT_k

You can reso the stun which is enough IMO

>for some reason pieces of bug chitin are much more powerful than the godsword
>the minions of the gods waste their time fighting over the godsword instead of trying to enslave araxxor, araxxi, or the kalphite king
I mean I know the godsword has some anti-god properties because of the way it was made, but still.

What combat style should I use for Telos?

He really should have a loot drop, potions/food drop, and. charms drop. I think he should have 2 loot drops too, gaining one each loot "rank" but giving less items than it does currently per loot. Like, instead of 77 staves you can roll 30 staves and 20 rune ore, etc. Closer to Raids bosses I suppose.

>This music
Fuck, I gotta go do this quest now.

The quest itself isn't all that good IIRC, but the music makes it worth it.

Pretty sure it's a case of lore =/= in game stats. Could also be any number of things like the bugs not being known about back during the god wars and now they're so obsessed with beating each other that they don't pay attention to the outside world.