/rlg/ - Roguelike General

/rlg/band when edition

Poschengband 5.0.0 released (breaks save compatibility!)
angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111423&postcount=233

Vanilla Angband Comp(until July 6)
Elf Warrior with a permacursed Deathwreaker:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: junethack.net/

DCSS Trunk Updates:
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-12-june-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ (embed)

Old thread:

PosChengband? More like PozChengband.

'cause the game is AIDS.

Play your best, /rlg/ I'm cheering for you!
Awooooo!

>fedora tipping is implemented as consuming a drug
Deepest lore
At least it's not opium for the masses

I was about to post asking when all the scary shit starts appearing in Sil, having only really faced a bunch of weak orcs and wolves so far, and one lone troll who was sorta-tough. Then I went down a level and two Trolls burst down one of the doors. At least they haven't noticed me yet...

>wolf suit+
What the hell kind of upgrades can you put on a fursuit?

Does it make one euphoric?

Built in dildo.

Kevlar

Additional fur, and leather.

HuFi plan on going Oka... what are my chances???

How hard would it be to mod Cata where instead of zombies it's dickgirls who chase you down and fuck you?

Depends on a lot of factors dude. what're your AC and weaponry like and what floor are you on

Enjoy an easy win

The first two trolls weren't so bad, but there were more lurking around. Then I got caught in a hall by one and half a dozen orcs lead by a captain appeared from nowhere and trapped me. Took out the troll and attempted to flee the orcs, but with 1 HP left I took my chances on the best-sounding mysterious "golden potion" and got poisoned and die.

My only comfort is that I didn't give the orcs the satisfaction of landing the killing blow.

I remember when /feg/ was cool
Then I left and it stopped being cool

modern feg is fucking cancer

Wait what the fuck am I doing with all that exp going unused.

God damn it I'm an idiot.

Wait what happened to fountains, can't you drink from them anymore?

In DCSS? Course not, that feature's been out for years now.

BLOAT
L
O
A
T

I've been gone for far FAR too long

>ovipositor
Please no /d/.

Jesus, they nerfed the FUCK out of turrets or something.
Didn't they used to fire a volley, instead of a single shot?

This is my first time having a dog.
I went to pillage a small settlement of six people, then this happened. He came unleashed automatically somehow when I engaged my first peasant, and sprinted North for some reason where he met this fate with a rookie hunter who beat his ass with an axe.
Anyway, so while I waited for him to be able to walk again, I went to kill the settlement's farm animals. And after I knocked one unconscious, Putrid spawned out of nowhere atop of its body, and I accidentally hit him in the head instead.
Now he does nothing but attempt to flee. I cannot speak to him anymore and he won't eat any food I give him.
Is he going to be this way forever? He hasn't attacked yet, but I assume he will once he heals.

Man, do I need to sleep.

It wouldn't be too hard, in my opinion, just time consuming. You would just need to change all the names and descriptions of monsters.

With Gozag's guidance the orb of zot in your hands, you and your new friends will create the most profitable company to ever exist in the world

Too bad my friends from the mines, shoals, depths, and the Realm of Zot couldn't come over.

Yes they did
You are no fun!

How about dying to killer bees on D6? Killed 4 on D5, go down to 6 and there are 3 more. No biggie I thought. Mistakes... idk what i coulda done. i drank all my cure, hasted, mighted. Bad rolls?

On that note, I think I'll be more wary of the bribing ability in future Gozag runs. Did that gold drain FAST in the later areas, and I'm still not exactly sure how I lost all my allies in the Vaults. I did know I lost several in the Depths by attacking an ally's summoned demon, and that was before the bribe was over (I got a juggernaut and a few demons afterwards). I'm not sure why it let me attack it, but in hindsight I could have at least paid better attention.

>started out as a yeek then cloned wyrms until he got the stone of chaos and level 50 then turned into a better race

It is certainly the most optimal gameplay choice.
But that's also a filthy exploit

please respond

Fucking bees. Gotta get lucky enough to not find them in the open pretty much. Or try and stair dance one or two up at a time

I'm sorry, I don't play unreal world

That's okay, he became friendly again shortly after posting that.
My blow to his head severely fractured his skull, I'm surprised he survived. Luckily the wikia says dogs heal all wounds in 3 days. Pretty bullshit considering that'd take my character 3 months. Odd balancing the devs have chosen.

Have I grown callous to child slaughter, or is it okay since it's in a school in America?

Polyrace isn't an exploit at all.

So I started playing Sil and I really like the default font, but want it bigger. I tried increasing the width/height from 10 and 20 to 20 and 40 in the ini file but it looks super fucked when I do that. Is there any way to just scale it up?

please do not lewd the awoo

regards

>rapier
>short blades
as far as I know RAPEiers tend to be long, superior to anything in thrusting and generally one of the most effective weapons 1v1

>tfw no rape mods

short blades = stabbing swords
rapier = stabbing sword
rapier = short blades

light blades

Is there a way to use a custom sprite on webtiles without being a dev and pushing the commit? I don't wanna play offline.

I mean the yeek coming that was removed in 4.0.2 when he's playing 4.0.1

Lewd?

I mean it's only natural for wolves to not wear clothes

do NOT

Your posts are bad and you should feel bad.

fair enough
is there a roguelike where rapeiers are fucking strong?

Brogue

MaidenSnowEve

>Have I grown callous to child slaughter, or is it okay since it's in a school in America?
Once you go full American, you realize the tree of Liberty and Freedom has to be litterd with blood of the children and stop caring.

I don't know what you're talking about.

There will eventually be a time where all these distinguishing features are thrown out because of bloat and none of this will matter

DDA rapiers have the highest damage per turn out of all non sci-fi weapons.

sounds like a reason to finally get into this game

>sexualizing the awoo
That's no good
>sexualizing the awoo by giving her disgusting cow tits and the usual animu body
OVER THE FUCKING LINE

You're mistaking rapiers for nintedo-ryo-cheo diamond katanas.

>hating big tits

Diamond katanas are sci-fi, like monofilament blades.

Oppai is the worst kind of non-fetish.

oppai loli though

She can't even penetrate that cow's armor. Easy victory for DCT.

>not liking all tits
>roguelikes

Item browser claims that ordinary broadswords are better.

Disgusting cow tits mean less dexterity
Cow will fall as the loli will wear her down with repeated attacks. Cow won't be able to retaliate due to her low speed and even lower accuracy.

>Ogre vs MuMo

I dunno, artificial diamond isn't exactly that unlikely.
And still, regular katana beats rapier with nintendo-rio-cheetos

A single hit from the cow will end her though, and the cow won't take any damage as that gif illustrates.

Broadswords don't have rapid attack, which increases effective dps by ~33% for non-crit attacks. Item browser doesn't show that.
Also, rapier has piercing damage which has slightly better skill scaling and much better crit damage scaling.

Cow tits get damage shaving.

bad game

>A single hit from the cow will end her though
it's just a matter of time while the DFC stairdances her and whittles her HP one punch at a time.
And then the cow will fall.

True, I forgot about that.
But I think the real reason why people always use katanas and shit is because you need them to use Ultimate Weeaboo Style, which is fucking insane.

Big tits give like 15 GDR though. Good luck getting through that with those tiny punches.

Big tits has literally 0 AC, no regen and hits for 1.5 while moving slowly.
I don't even need a shield for that.
Picture is the DCT being put in her place by the son of ra.

I feel like you're being biased

yeah, I meant 0 EV.

enough weeb stuff

You're forgetting the arousal effects of the constant manipulation of the tits, like berserkertits, but a pink mist instead of a red one.

I have to kill a shocker brute for reasons.
I have a combat shotgun, some molotovs, some flashbangs, an SMG, and a vehicle with a top speed of 200kmph.
How should I go about killing it?

Vs is most fun race in crawl.

He has to make up for his complete lack of test somehow.

Molotovs + pits, shotgun if it gets too close.
You can outrun it if you have Quick.

Scratch the outrunning bit, they're a bit faster than I remember.
Dig more pits.

Exactly. Tits are strong.

I agree.
>complete lack of test
my testosterone levels are not your business

Is there anything of value in the Netherworld lab ending or is it just a "close the door and leave" sort of thing?

Yeeee

Go home estroboy

I am home
how do you think I'm writing this

jokes on you im actually a weeb myself
but this is too much, it's video games roguelikes after all mate
i love memes

It contains:

Locked up netherworld enemies (Bad for you)
A portal generator (Bad for you)
A resonance cascade generator (Do I really need to say it)

It basically exists to kill the curious while being completely useless for everyone else.

is nethack and its forks grindy? I really want to get into it, I'm even into not being spoiled and discovering shit on my own (and dying a million times in the process)

>A resonance cascade generator
which does nothing
>Locked up netherworld enemies
that can't break the reinforced glass they're behind
>A portal generator
which, again, does nothing

It's utterly pointless and can't even kill you.

Not really. The enemies spawn for the most part according to your level so sometimes it's best to intentionally not kill enemies so you can stay at a lower level. Even if you do want to kill everything there's only a finite number of floors.

It's far less grindy than a *band

>>A resonance cascade generator
>which does nothing
Except give you telesickness.