Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
EU fags download the demo here: www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html

NA fags either pray Nintendo sends you a code or buy it for $4 in the e3 humble bundle. That or wait until June 30th for the public release

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LKZNMx1z4N0&feature=youtu.be&t=306
youtube.com/watch?v=TzFXNbm_K8M
youtu.be/LKZNMx1z4N0?t=305
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Seregios

2nd for waifu

Please do not slay a Seregios.

why would anyone make a kut-kut out of cancer?

MALE
A
L
E

I'd still fuck it.
In the ass, while rubbing it's twinky shaft.

That's hot

woops I didn't realize that image had exposed nipples.

What kind of ping are NA peeps getting for MHO?

DELETE THIS

It's China, you only get ping pong wong dong.

You gotta be kidding me, monster gijinka figures?

Cancer is not a joke, user, it's real.

She got butt arms

come get this virus 1v1 IRL fggt

This girl comes up to you in the gathering hall and whispers ハチミツください

What would you do?

Grab my knife and acquire nyctgems.

I loved those episodes
isnt there a super fanservice monster hunter anime as well?

>played the shit out of the demo
>try to play another game
>get bored after 10-15 min and quit

It's so close yet so far away.

Canæt fight aids with a bear-trap on a stick

woah

wow

>waifus are cancer
i think you are on the wrong website mate

haha

where so i get one?

how do Toukiden and God Eater hold up against MonHun? i'm assuming they're worth playing but ultimately don't hold up?

im super salty because i bought Toukiden for Steam but it doesnt work. there isnt even an english patch for Kiwami for PSP and the English patch that's there for vanilla is only partial, so im pretty pissed overall. its a shame because it looks like a good game otherwise. Toukiden being inferior to MonHun helps me feel like im not missing out, because i think im just going to wait to Toukiden 2...might play the partial English patch for vanilla but Kiwami has twice the demons....

still need to play God Eater.

thoughts on non-MonHun hunting games? Monster Hunter is king, i assume.

>fresh run solo only longsword isn't fun
>longsword just isn't fun with the long recovery of certain moves
tell me /mhg/ whats your favorite weapon that is FUN

From what I understand, Soul Sacrifice Delta is considered the best MonHun inspired game. It had some flaws in vanilla, but don't know about Delta.
God Eater is a fun enough game, but it's very anime. no iframes, clunky arenas and animation, but have some neat ideas as well.

hammer, lance or charge blade

HH, Lance, HBG

How?

Soul Sacrifice Delta only has a couple of similarities to MH but otherwise it's actually pretty good

Never played Kiwami, though regular Toukiden was kind of mediocre

Dunno about Freedom Wars

Cute

Cool, I'm assuming Soul Sacrifice Delta, although the best MonHun-inspired game, is still inferior to MonHun itself?

I'm just glad MonHun doesn't have the issues Toukiden does, can't wait to play them on my psp emulator on hamachi with bros

>can't wait to play them on my psp emulator on hamachi with bros
So only FU and p3rd? You don't have a 3ds?
Well, those are still good entry points and still good games.
But man, 3U and 4U have so many improvements I probably can't get back into FU if I would pick up my psp again.
Although i never really reached g-rank in FU. that shit was hard solo.

>tfw you save a dead team mate with a life powder while they're in mid air
Is there a greater feeling?

SSD is just different for the most part, you're still fighting big monsters but mostly in an arena-like map. Been a while since I last played it so I can't really get into the specifics.

I haven't played enough Freedom Wars, but I remember it started out really slowly, like Persona 4 slow. Toukiden I remember having competent partner AI but it was a lot more forgiving and safe overall.

>crossed of 2 apex monsters today
feels good man

Knot that I can think off

How easy is it to start as HBG and solo the game ( atleast caravan 4U )?

I made a new character after I finally after so many games tried HBG and loved it. It's not too hard, and I was expecting it to drain my zenny more, but I got to vilalge 6 before growing bored of 4. The most grueling battle was the story battle on the ship against Gore, but did it on the 2nd try.
Still considering going full hbg in the village quest in Gen, but haven't decided yet

Yeah man, FU and p3rd. It'll be a while though, maybe I'll get a 3DS someday or an emulator will come out. So much is going on in life and I have an xboxhueg backlog in everything (vidya, anime, tv, movies, books) so I'll be occupied for ages.

...Wait is Nintendo 2DS a thing? Is it just 3DS without the gimmick 3D bullshit?

...So it plays all the games 3DS plays, at a fraction of the price, it simply can't play it in epic 3D? Am I getting this right or am I missing something here?

>rathalos spins
>then instant backhop fireball
why would they give him such a thing

You can't use a ccp with it? It feels rather light and toy-ish?

Circle Pad Pro? Who gives a shit senpai.
Light and toyish? For 120 dollars less, that's pretty acceptable. I don't care at all about gimmicky 3D, as far as I know no games require it.

Hot damn. Should I still play through FU and p3rd or just start with 3U/4U then? I kind of want to play the older ones first. I guess it's up to me...

>SA named 'Kirin Thunderbolt'
>ice element
???

Is it really unplayable without ccp?

Also, is MH3U a "better" version of p3rd? To my understanding, it's a combination of and update to Tri and p3rd.

i play with a 2ds, it's not so bad as long as you use the target lock and the virtual d-pad on the bottom screen
MH3U has all the monsters from tri and p3rd (except bulldrome, amatsu, akantor, and ukanlos) as well as some new ones

It is perfectly playable without.

Is it worth playing p3rd if I were to play U3?

Should I just start with U4 after I play FU?

It's confusing how much of these are "updates" and full-on sequels, or somewhere between.

>not having a demo code
>ever needing a demo code

kys

BEST

Two days.

I'm pretty excited senpai

HUNTERS ARE ASLEEP

POST MONSTERS

i have now done 3 apex monster quests today when it would take me days to do feels fuckign good man.
what have you guys accomplished today?

Hunters are always around

I think that monsters are asleep, and we should post cute huntresses!

>Servers still on maintenance

No, dude, restart your game

This guy gets it

I'm going to play a slut in Generations. Tired of being a man inside of pseudo mech armor.

I usually play a female character in MH titles because of the armour designs. Usually I just prefer how they look over male designs. All other games are like 50/50 whether I'd go male or female, depending on look and character theme.

don't pick slut voice. you will regret it. the novelty wears off eventually.

I'm not sure if I want Generations when it comes out next week. The whole style changing systems seems to take the series in a direction I don't want it to take. Am I overblowing things?

Should i intend that as "i'm going to play as a female" or "i'm going to literally be a slut"?

>slut voice
what?

Yes. It's just another MH game with new quirks. Try it out. If you don't like it at least you tried it.

>No Rooms
40-5016-8231-6548
Get in here!

people will still play 3 and 4 when Generations hits, r-right?

youtube.com/watch?v=LKZNMx1z4N0&feature=youtu.be&t=306

youtube.com/watch?v=TzFXNbm_K8M
Probably referring to those.

So I can fap while I get stomped on by gammoth?

WHAT
GAME

4U

how? servers are down. or are they only down in europe?

They're up, please restart your game

I just started it for this.

What are the two dominant styles of Lance? Striker and guild? While fun, the adept block doesn't look like it bring much to the table. The old riposte seems better even

youtu.be/LKZNMx1z4N0?t=305
>yfw they'll remove this

One more for fun and games

what a qt

>search for mhg
>no ow thread comes up
Fucking finally.

They aren't treehouse.

>create room
>4 players
>weppon select screen
>me and 1 other guy are the only one

???

those last 30 seconds made me regret that I even thought about picking that voice.

is advanced monster hunter hard to solo?

>Number 10
My fucking dick, hello new voice

Don't die on me.