/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General #7

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

Best duo Edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
zeldaclassic.com/

>News/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

zeldawiki.org/Link's_Partners
zeldainformer.com/news/aonuma-answers-more-majoras-mask-questions-explains-whose-soul-is-inside-th
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting with changes as per user's advice last thread.

What would /lozg/ do if they had creative of the next Zelda game, assuming BotW didn't satisfy some of your mechanic-related must haves? Also the 3D zeldas could show a bit more love to past 2d titles. A 3D Zelda chock-full of 2DZ references (good ones) would be seriously comfy.

I'm a serious Majoras Mask fag so I'd definitely bring masks back. I even have an autistic paste on what I'd do specifically. Don't take this as necessarily made with BotW in mind. I like BotW, don't get me wrong, but if the game after would do a somewhat return-to-formula (MM isn't exactly the formula but still) with of course a small smattering of the good ideas BotW introduces, then I'd be happy.
Or, go ahead and assume my pasta intended for this gen and alter accordingly:

A simplistic idea but I would have an increase in the total mask number from what it was in MM..
The cool part however; is that I would also introduce the "Face Sword". This guy would also double as the classic companion character. A sword that has a blank face on its guard that the various masks in the game could be equipped to, giving it various powers and puzzle solving utilities. The game would be gloriously difficult in places where you had to nimbly switch between masks both on Link and the sword in a very short span of time to use the very subtle effects each variety imparts in a given situation.
>One mask to raise a cube of earth from the ground, then a fire mask to strike only the left side of that cube (aim carefully), a time-slow mask on Link so you can run to the other side before the fire runs out, and put the bunny hood on the sword whose now-fast thrusts are the only thing that can hit every puzzle slot in time.
Have enemies in certain challenge modes/areas require things like this as well.
1/3

Custom hair confirmed.

The thread number doesn't go in the title. Just a heads up. It goes along with the edition's name.

The best part; not only would you have unique masks different from MM (bring back the old must-haves of course) you'd also get to actually place the masks on your SWORD at the same time, granting you elemental transformations, puzzle-solving utilities, and other abstract stuff. Maybe replace the Ocarina by having a legendary "Bard Mask" that you must aquire that you then place on your sword to gain the song making mechanic. Put it on Link to -learn- the various songs throughout the game. Put it on the sword to -play- the songs. You can even use 2 masks at once by equiping one on Link, one on the sword. Best part is that the Transformation masks (of which I'm thinking 5 instead of 3) will change the instrument depending on the race.
Heck even have the minor masks add these purely aesthetic aesthetic -slight- musical/visual alterations (or even with a tiny puzzle solving potential) to the base instrument. I also have an idea for another mask category other than transformation. 'Summon Masks'. The only one of which I have thought up is Midna's Fused Shadow. Putting it on summons Imp Midna. Put it on the sword; True Midna. Midna + Bard-Sword would even give her a Twili instrument to play instead of you.
This would be how the optional pick-a-companion thing some people are clamoring for would operate. Tons of waifu potential, had idea for a mechanic grill that would use a bunch of gadgets including a mortar to rain hell from, the back while you charge the front. Pretty much pic related.
2/3

Someone remember the doc for the next time

wut doc
a zelda documentary?

Each summon character, lets use Midna as an example, would have two modes: contextual and companion (mask on Link and Sword respectively). Midna in Imp from would do her action like playing a Twili instrument among others then go away. Putting a Summon mask on Face would bring True Midna with dual Twili scimitars or some shit and would follow you "Hey I'll carry yo shit" style. May or may not deprive you of your sword, dunno.
There would be two special masks; one would be the Bard Mask and, surprise surprise, Majoras Mask. I plan on having Fierce Diety be the antag so a fun little gimmick in having the final mask you collect be obtained in the same way you got FD in MM would be kickass. You know everyone and their grandma wondered what it'd be like for Link to don Majoras Mask so now they can. It'd be limited where you could put it on but just boss battles was kinda gay so it could have rare uses in the creme-de-la-creme of sidequests, challange modes and puzzles.
3/3
Noted

Post the link here.

you sure thats not just a neat hat?

Just wondering, why this thread and not the other one?

Also I still want to fuck Fi

No link to previous thread. embed embed.

if only that were possible without bisecting your penis

The dude made it first and link it in prev thread first so I.was ready to let mine die but then he wasn't happy with his so he linked mine.

Protip to the other guy: Go to settings an turn off "Embed YT links" whenever you need to copy thread pasta

That's why.

Thank you.

Fair enough

She's the spirit of the master sword, but her physical manifestation is clearly not a sword. You can't fuck the master sword, but you can fuck Fi

>QT Sheikah-tech engineer waifu
Phenomenal

The framerate drop when the first tufts of grass fly into the air is abysmal. Welp, looks like I'm an NX early adaptor

>looks like I'm an NX early adaptor
I want to be one as well, but I'm scared of what Miyamoto might think we need instead of what we want

I think it's about time we gave him a stick and told him to go home and play in his caves.

Oh shit I was thinking just a normal Hylian technician but actually making her a Sheikah is even better.
Or would that fuck with the whole "mysterious extinct race" lore they've got going on?

Betting 10 keks that you'll extract her spirit from the dead master sword and temporarily infuse her into generic weaponry.

But they already confirmed NO COMPANIONS

So Fi is not showing up, pic related is NOT happening

Rip in Fi ;_;

>Master bow
>Master boomerang
>Master bombs
>Master gun
It's like the opposite of what is talking about.

>go ranked
>get nunu support
>someone dodge
>get nunu support again
AAAAAAAAAAAH

But nobody likes Fi

my bad wrong general please delete

Fi is cute! CUTE!
You can fuck Fi, but not Navi and Tatl

Only if you delete that shitty game.

>No Fi
Thankfully

She's "We want the Reifag audience!" the girl
I even have an amputee fetish and I don't like her

I never played SS. I just like her design.

Rei as in Evangelion?

Whenever someone says we should have no companions they always bring up Navi and Fi, I think we've had more non-annoying companions overall. I personaly like having a companion, simply because it feels nice to have a character to share the adventure with.

Navi and Tatl could flutter around your dick and give it butterfly kisses. If that isn't instantly in your bucket list then I don't know what to tell you, pham.

>mfw Asukafag through and through
>still like Fi

FUND IT

>Eva
Yes

More annoying in Zelda? Which ones?

The best Zelda games were those that the main antagonist was not Ganon/dorf

Prove me wrong

I agree, Demise was great.

Well... MM is my favorite Zelda so I got nuffin.
How would you feel about Fierce Diety as an antag?

Nope.

The only good non-Ganon villains were Majora and Vaati anyway. Ghirahim would've been good if he didn't turn out to be such an incompetent pushover in the long run.

Wind Waker

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

Out of this list only Navi and Fi were annoying imo although I still like them

zeldawiki.org/Link's_Partners

Is the Link to the Past manga worth getting? I've seen it at Barnes and Noble before and would consider snatching it up amidst all the hype.

Who is this seminal Djinn

Demise is just OG ganondorf

I've changed my mind.

WW is my favorite, but i don't think it is one of the best.

The Fierce Diety was already evil in MM, but was used for good(?) by Link. I don't think I'd wanna see a game where it was actually the bad guy, plus it'd be a mess trying to fit it in a game that wasn't in Termina.

What about in an MM sequel? never to become real

>"Whose soul is inside the Fierce Deity Mask?

Aonuma: The best I can give you is just a suggestion. The best way to think about it is that the memories of all the people of Termina are inside of the Fierce Deity Mask."

zeldainformer.com/news/aonuma-answers-more-majoras-mask-questions-explains-whose-soul-is-inside-th

not evil

I wonder if there is fanart of Navi playing with child Link's dick.

You know what to do, drawfags.

HEY! HEY! Wake up. :^)

My bad, I shouldn't have used evil to describe it. But the game still puts it on par with Majora's Mask.

>Could this mask's dark powers be as bad as Majora?

MM is my favorite game, but I think it was a solid conclusion to OoT Link. I mostly don't want Nintendo to mess it up.

On the other hand, TP had a very similar ending to the end of OoT with Midna leaving like Navi, so I could see another adventure branch off of that.

I really didn't mind Navi, maybe because i've played it when i was little. Although i like Tatl more, she's got more personality.

Well. Link did leave Hyrule looking for Navi, and after that entry sequence the game just ditched her completely.
It would be nice if he would actually look for her.

Holy shit
I just now realized the pottery.

Reminder that Sheik is a STUD, and that all those women he met and rescued will be heartbroken when they never see him again until Zelda gets bored/horny one night.

Nah, the Hero of Time's story is over and the Hero's Shade ruined any potential for a third game either way.

And if he does get a third game, we all know how it's going to end now, thanks to this.

>On the other hand, TP had a very similar ending to the end of OoT with Midna leaving like Navi, so I could see another adventure branch off of that.

YES PLEASE YES

I want to play as Link on an adventure to find another way into the Twili realm. Come on Nintendo I give us more Midna

I don't know why people treat the Fierce Deity as its own separate entity.

I mean, it was given to you by Majora. Majora essentially made a mask of Link's Soul in the same way that Link creates masks based on the souls of NPCs that he helps throughout the game.

>this autist again

Shut up about your stupid face sword.

But it's not Link in there

>another game with masks
That would be dumb, it would basically play like MM DLC.
Don't cling to old gimmicks.

When do I get a tsundere companion?

Twilight Princess

What time does DLC usually release for 3DS games? I was hoping to play around as Marin before my afternoon shift on Thursday.

Was midna really tsundere? I should replay the game, I think 10 years is a long time

Not as stereotypically as Tetra but she's not a companion.

Why not? Most of the masks in MM were embodiments of NPC's souls or emotions to a certain degree. Maybe The Fierce Deity represents all of the bad thoughts and emotions bottling up within him; his inner demons.

It's not the worst strategy to try, but the need to stop standing in the wide open.

The fact that it's possible alone allows for some fuckery. I hope that if they release a demo it doesn't have the floating device disabled. I wanna play with that Magnesis rune so much

i want the user who keeps saying fuckery to leave

This is probably the third or fourth time I used that word in my entire life. No bully pls.

t. timefuckguy

>Carry giant metal rock over.
>Place rock between guardian and link.
>Freeze rock.
>Load rock with energy towards guardian.
>See what happens.

timefuckery is not a different word. This is not German.

>Dickslapping it with magnesis actually hurts it
Lel

I want to use magnesis on Ganon's trident and hit him in the dick repeatedly until he dies. I can do this in the game, right?

>Slap Ganon with the Rusty Master Sword
>He reveals that the Master Sword is rusty because he released all the power inside it so its just a bit of steel now
>While monolouging, steal his trident and slap him with it instead

I'd play it.

Man, they really should have released a demo of the game during E3 to let us try the game out ourselves.

I bet damage is proportional to inertia. We see that Link gets damaged when Polygon tries to spin the metal ramp with Link next to it. A boulder would probably do more damage. It at least does 15 since a rolling boulder kills Bokoblins.

Let's say that it does 15 at a roll, every hit doubles it's inertia, so double damage. It seemed to max out after 8 hits. 15*16 is 240. So, not enough to kill the Guardian, but it would severely cripple it. That is, assuming that's the way the damage calculation is going to work, it probably won't.

The point I tried to raise was that the other timelines do not have mentioning, objects or anything else that point to Sheikah, past, present or future, no matter the implication or purpose. They're simply not there. There are several characters called Impa in the downfall timeline. None of them are associated with the term "Sheikah" or dress or behave like one. This is also true for both Oracle games and ALBTW. In MM, Sheikah objects exist. It's my point that they are there. I don't understand why you want to dismiss that.

>The Interlopers being Sheikah is only a theory, but even if it is true Lanayru implies--if not states--that the interlopers arose during the Hyrule Civil War, which is also before the timeline split.
This is just a theory, like mine. The Zelda wiki mentions it as theory, as there's no evidence. What I raise as point that the Interloper conflict happened after OoT is that there has to be need to move Hyrule castle, city and all the other settlements. None of them are at their old places, including Kakariko. Some sort of conflict happened after OoT, and it had nothing to do with Ganondorf. Why wouldn't it be the Interloper one?

>We don't see Sheikah in the Downfall Timeline because nearly all of the games in it were made before OoT. Though it could be retconned that Impa from Zelda II IS in fact a Sheikah, meaning that they would be measurably alive throughout the entire Downfall Timeline. And as far as the Adult Timeline goes, I'm sure we'd see traces of them on Hyrule's surface if it weren't washed away by the Great Flood.
Yes, but there's nothing there. We have 3-4 games (depending on how you count the oracle games) after OoT in downfall without any mention of Sheikah.

Same goes for the Adult timeline. Sure, there "could" be stuff. No, there SHOULD be stuff. But please, show me. As far as I know, there's nothing. None at all. Even though it makes no sense.

Yeah, the object still has damage attributed to it. Odd though, I thought the axe had an attack rating of 3, but it's doing 5 damage a hit.

They showed that you could use other objects to also deal damage, like the metal ramp and boulder. Inertia also plays a role in the damage, as Polygon showed by hitting themselves with the metal ramp at a slow spin.

If the Link had the rock, he could just stand there and repeatedly knock the guardian in the face with the magnet. Assuming the rock is enough to block the laser.

It more then likely could, as they showed that the ice pillars could block the smaller guardian's laser blasts.

I would just bash it over and over again for 15 damage and then set the rock between us before the laser connected and repeat.

So many ways to defeat your enemies in this game, so great.

More tsun than Tatl. Therefore, most tsun companion.

>more tsun than tatl

And here I was thinking Tatl was the most tsun, I really need to replay TP

How's Wii U emulation nowadays?

I don't think Midna is Tsun at all.
She hits on Link all the time.
Tatl spergs at Link all the time.

Well, what is tsundere?

I'd be interesting to see if you can deal more damage the higher you are while doing a jump attack. For example, if you made a seesaw like that one video, and attacked a guardian while falling down you'd be able to measure if the damage increases.