/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Aelinore's Betrayal Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/en/pawn.html?lv0=&lv1=&pname=&platform1=on
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#as000000000a00001e32000000000000000014
youtube.com/watch?v=Hh_3Sj9B6ig
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am00001400001e001e0000000000000000000a
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000050005000a46000000000000000064
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am000000000004005600000000000063000100
sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5014/
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Thrown_Damage
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Synching
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw memegames post was probably a decent indicator of how active the thread is
>tfw we were scraping for 24 pawns

slut pawns are cancer of the game

I'm deliberately not participating because it sounds gay :^)

While I don't necessarily agree with this, I also imagine this is one of the reasons there are not 24 people posting their pawn.

Alright /ddg/ meet the cast.
Do you guys want me to do this right now, or do you want me to wait, until it gets more active?

I think it would be more fun later on.
Thread is particularly slow at the moment, even by /ddg/ standards.
Then again, I don't know your schedule, I am assuming you will be here later today.

>90% sluts
why is this allowed?

You will retract those words, ser!
My pawn is a decent girl.

literally 25% sluts

Steam Sale, yes or no? Had it in my shopping cart two days ago, but my credit card was empty.
I also discovered that I have "Last Remnant" from last Summer Sale, so I'm not desperately in the need for a game.
What makes Dragon's Dogma unique? What's the waifu potential on the Pawns, I have no idea how they work.

>What's the waifu potential on the Pawns
Go take a look there: game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/en/pawn.html?lv0=&lv1=&pname=&platform1=on
Note: those are console screenshots.

Dragon's Dogma takes some elements from Monster Hunter (mostly the fact that you fight big monsters and that heavy weapons actually feel heavy) and Devil May Cry, then adds its own thing to the mix.
If you like either of those two, or both of them then I think it's likely you will enjoy DD

>What makes Dragon's Dogma unique?
It's a single player action game at its core, but creating your own pawn and setting up a party with the proper combination of skills adds a layer of depth to it. Pawns can be good at combat, but never really quite good enough to be left completely on their own, so it's more like they complement you instead of taking your place.

Waifu potential?
Well, you can make a perfect waifu pawn who will accompany you everywhere and fight by your side, but you can't actually romance her, so if that's what you want then no, can't be done.

My pawn is not a slut

I want to make a decent Magick Archer build, but I'm a little lost.

How's this? I'm sure it needs improving.

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#as000000000a00001e32000000000000000014

youtube.com/watch?v=Hh_3Sj9B6ig

This one is great.

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am00001400001e001e0000000000000000000a

>(mostly the fact that you fight big monsters and that heavy weapons actually feel heavy)
Also, you know, the crucial thing that sets Monster Hunter apart from most ARPGs which is that you actually go out and fight bosses specifically to chop parts of them off to upgrade your weapons and armour rather than to progress the story (usually). Apart from that (which Dark Souls also has to an extent) the only things that make it more MH than DS are how varied weapon classes are and gathering materials from the environment (also to upgrade shit and make healing items).

Unfortunately magick archer levels are generally detrimental to a magick archer. I feel like MA got shafted because its stat gains should have been identical to strider's; meanwhile strider's should be more like MA's but favouring physical attack, since striders don't use magic anyway.

That said, MA gets okay magic growth (the same as strider, in fact!) so that isn't a huge concern. Framae blades give 1429 physical attack when gold forged. Using the framae the difference between a pure MA, an optimal phys/mag mix and a pure assassin is 11% between the first and second, 17% between the second and third and 30% between the first and third, significant but not all-important considering you'll be stacking loads of 20% buffs by the end anyway.

If you're dead set on minmaxing, I recommend a balance of pure offence (use iframes and instant reset, you don't need defence): start as strider and starting at level 10 go 81 levels in assassin then the next 109 as sorcerer and get 601 attack and 604 magick attack.

But if you just grab like maybe 10 levels pre-level-100 as assassin and start as a fighter you'll be fine. You'll be picking up probably about 5 each warrior and sorcerer levels at some point to get their rank 9 augments anyway. Here's what that would look like
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000050005000a46000000000000000064

Just do whatever sounds fun. MA can work well with any stat spread, you really can't screw it up.

>as per some user's suggestion, decide to use SweetFX for AA because fuck FXAA
>use the default preset because all I really care for is SMAA
>start the game
>get this
Fucking dammit

What's wrong with FXAA? It's the most cost-effective.

even stats

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am000000000004005600000000000063000100

FXAA is literally just a blur.

It blurs everything up to hide the jaggies, I don't like it

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5014/

It's called aliasing, you fucking 8 year old.

This.

thank you

I'll try this build out.

Hey /ddg/ long ass post coming but I hope some of you might be able to help.

I don't like to shill but I'm completely out of rift crystals(?) and I really don't know a reliable way of getting more so that's my problem number one.
Secondly I'd like to ask help in making a proper good pawn out of this one, she's scather/guardian and I'd like for her to become one of those dragon's maw spammers instead so I'm trying to get the RC for the elixirs and I'm in the process of doing casual BBI excursions in hopes of getting exp/vocation ranks, am I/the pawn overleveled for the area? each fight feels pretty darn tough.

Also, tips for augments/strats for fighter pawns? I know I want her to be a tank-ish character but as for my arisen I really don't have a clue, I haven't maxed out a single vocation yet and I'm currently a ranger but I really don't know if it's a good choice, the stat growths have me worried.

Also I really don't understand how as a ranger my longbow is doing ass damage while swinging daggers at enemies seems to wreck shit like I was playing strider/assassin, is there a powerspike or am I missing something?

Biggest thing to remember is that minmaxing doesn't matter much since it's a non-competitive singleplayer game, I just recommend some assassin/warrior levels to even out the offencive stats.

I honestly don't get why they didn't bother to put in SOME kind of aiming system for bombs. Literally no reason not to be able to aim slightly up without having to bloody jump.

I'll give you a hire for a while as I go through the main story a bit.

>am I/the pawn overleveled for the area?
Nah, there's no such thing as underleveled in BBI1.0 since it's actually well-designed to enable you to get through at any level (the first major boss even has a huge box of throwblasts right before you fight it so if you don't hit its damage threshold you can still kill it ezpz with those), but you're not overleveled for BBI1.0 until about level 70 either I'd say.

>Also, tips for augments/strats for fighter pawns?
Clout, the rank 9 warrior augment, is invaluable for any class that uses physical weapons. It's a passive 20% attack boost, stacks multiplicatively with other augments and periapts. I don't know otherwise though.

How many ranks are you as ranger? Tenfold flurry (rank 5 skill) is the best dps ranger can get I believe, and ranger with blast arrows and tenfold is ludicrously powerful and can even kill the final boss of BBI2.0 in a few seconds. Ranger gets the best stamina growth, probably to facilitate spamming tenfold. I think ranger is still lacking for everyday use compared to the other yellow vocations, but yellows are just really strong in general.

>meanwhile grimgoblins can aim their frigors and levins through walls even if you are above or below them.
the little asshats

Thanks for the hire and the tips, really appreciate it, come to think of it I did think throwblasts were a bit OP, feels like I aught to carry some with me all time

Because bombs are extremely powerful, having to learn their trajectory and get close when you throw them as well as losing mobility when holding one is how they're balanced.

Have you tried coin purses of charity yet? They do like 3x as much as throwblasts.

They weigh 10x as much as throwblasts as well.

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Thrown_Damage
Most throwing weapons are actually really good.

Worth it to see two or three healthbars gone in a second.

>give your Arisen a smiling mouth
>instant hilarity that lasts the entire game

Pics or I won't believe you, user!

Maybe, possibly, I dunno anymore.

>Pics or I won't believe you, user!
I haven't taken any, but it just makes your Arisen look so excited by everything that happens, like
>oh man this dragon is ripping out my heart and it hurts so much but this is SO cool and it's like a real adventure and oh god it hurts
or
>wow is this creepy wizard midget really mumbling threatening omens into my ear?? oh boy oh boy what a kooky guy I hope I see him again

>>wow is this creepy wizard midget really mumbling threatening omens into my ear?? oh boy oh boy what a kooky guy I hope I see him again
Fuck I forgot to do that scene on this run

Which guy is that?

Started out my "cosplay run" thinking it was gonna be easy to make this all look good. Ended up having to imagine that Link lost his hat somewhere. And accompanied by Midna in her human form for some inexplicable reason, furthermore as his sidekick and not vice versa as would be the norm.

Just got her a Sanguine Stalk, if anyone wants to take her for a spin. Saving up crystals for getting her the grave/carrion stuff in the vain hope it will look decent on her.

Elysion talks to you in Cassardis if you run back there before doing Off With Its Head

IT BEGINS ANEW.

Shoot, I never knew that! Also, she looks pretty okay.

Purty kewl. Kinda makes me think of The Rock.

Quina looks odd, though.

>she's scather / guardian
Don't use the Guardina inclination ever. It only makes the pawn stay closer to you, which is really bad, since he won't fight enemies unless they're close. I'm playing sorcerer and the last thing I want from a fighter is him getting close to me and bringing all the enemies to me while I cast.
If you replace Guardian with something better I'll hire her. Check the New /ddg/ Pawn Sheet if you want other pawns as reference.

Quina always looked odd.
That's why she's not the best grill.

There are times when guardian is nice, though it's certainly a lot better on ranged classes. A guardian/utilitarian sorcerer for example.

Problem is you end up having to use the "come" command a lot to direct pawns and that increments their guardian inclination at an unfortunate rate. Meanwhile I hate scather because it makes them do that "HANG ON GOTTA SHIT MY PANTS" gesture all the time

Best grill would be Aelinoire. Letting Grigori burn Aelinoire in exchange for immortality and a kingdom? Easy choice.

>There are times when guardian is nice, though it's certainly a lot better on ranged classes.
Why would want your pawns to stay close to you? That usually means more enemies too, making it harder for you and easier for them to hit you and your pawn.
>A guardian/utilitarian sorcerer for example.
Yeah, sorc pawns don't cancel their spells often enough, so I'll give them that inclination so they also cancel spells to reposition closer to me.

Alright, just bought the game.
is there a spoiler-free list of things I need to absolutely know before starting? Stuff that'll fuck me over in the long run, or will be a tremendous boon if done early?

>Why would want your pawns to stay close to you?
Because they can catch you if you're flung or dropped or jump from a high place? Not everyone is playing a sorcerer with three fighter pawns expecting the pawns to just draw aggro somewhere else. The only inclination that's always bad is acquisitor.

>Yeah, sorc pawns don't cancel their spells often enough, so I'll give them that inclination so they also cancel spells to reposition closer to me.
Utilitarian sorcerers don't cancel their spells if you're casting the same spell, you share the same spell meter (as in, if one of you is knocked down, the other continues casting and you can pick the spell back up at the point they're at), you cast everything faster the more sorcs you have casting it, and they have to reposition closer to you to synchronise in the first place. Assuming you, the player, are smart enough to position yourself well for long casts, this is pretty much all ideal. Of course, if you want a sorcerer who will chain cast with other sorcerer pawns while the player plays something other than sorc, guardian is a bad thing.
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Synching

Don't worry about noticeboard quests, those are "grab and forget" type of things that you will accomplish eventually, but if an NPC tells you to do something you should REALLY consider it since quests with actual story can be cancelled if you progress too far

The sooner you talk to the mysterious woman on the docks the more fun you'll have (she shows up in cassardis after an early point in the story)

Don't put your pawn in the queen's set, it just looks tacky. Dress pawns for fashion

Like said story sidequests can be missed if you go too far on the main story. On the other hand new game+ is an opportunity to do things you missed so don't worry about it enough to read a guide until then.

sweet, thanks.

So higher chance of pawns catching you when harpy-like enemies grab you is worth having your pawn bringing the enemies to you. Nice priorities.

>Not everyone is playing a sorcerer with three fighter pawns expecting the pawns to just draw aggro somewhere else.
I play with 0 fighters, because I don't really need them since I can manage aggro perfectly fine, but I don't want to get hit because a pawn was hugging my ass and I get hit by an attack directed to him.

>Utilitarian sorcerers don't cancel their spells if you're casting the same spell
Sorc pawns saving 2 seconds before they start synching is worth them bringing the enemies to you. Good luck casting when you there aren't any safe places outside of the enemies reach.

>I'll link the wiki Spell Synching article like you didn't know what you're talking about.

Guardian as an inclination is okay early-game for mages. Keeping your little buddy close to you so his enchantments come faster, or so you can defend him while he's healing are pretty neat.

I'm a level 86 warrior. Is BBI supposed to be hard as shit at this level?

>So higher chance of pawns catching you when harpy-like enemies grab you is worth having your pawn bringing the enemies to you.
No, I was naming one benefit. Having your pawn bring enemies to you is only bad if you're a ranger or sorcerer by the way (you shouldn't be a mage in the first place).

>I play with 0 fighters, because I don't really need them since I can manage aggro perfectly fine, but I don't want to get hit because a pawn was hugging my ass and I get hit by an attack directed to him.
What do you do about attacks directed at you? You're a terrible player, you're always hugging your own ass and drawing aggro.

>Sorc pawns saving 2 seconds before they start synching is worth them bringing the enemies to you.
I don't even know how to respond to idiocy of this magnitude.

No but BBI is hard as shit for warriors period. Warrior and fighter are the worst vocations for bitterblack but especially warrior.

It isn't. Ton of people do BBI as soon as they get to level 10.

Level 10? So I'm assuming everything here scales then? I can run through any enemy in the main story but everything here is tanky as fuck. Even the smaller enemies.

>Level 10? So I'm assuming everything here scales then?
No. There's no scaling whatsoever in the game.

Pretty sure you can do that too if you click down on the left stick.

Fuck off, shitposter.

>So I'm assuming everything here scales then?
Nope! It's in perma-hardmode too. It's just that the environment is designed to be exploitable by ranged classes and between endgame-tier weapon drops from the first area (if you're lucky) and various items and environmental weapons (like bomb barrels) at key points where a low-level character would have the most trouble, you can succeed at any level if you're clever and cautious. It's like all the dev time that didn't go into polishing the main game was added to BBI as surplus.

I'm not the one regurgitating stale memes, nor the one who has apparently only ever played one vocation since level 10.

lol what? There's no fucking way. I have a full dragonforged grisly bone set and a dragonforged dwells in light greatsword and some of the enemies still kick the shit out of me. Like the giant wargs for example. Takes fucking forever to kill them and I have to spam curatives the whole time.

How should I level my fighter pawn? What augments and inclinations too?

git gud
Also, weapons you find in BBI are much stronger than the weapons you find in Gransys

I really don't like saying that, but you seriously need to "git gud". I started BBI myself when I was about level 60. It wasn't exactly easy, but at the same time I never needed to look for help. And I was playing offline too, so with the mediocre stock pawns. The best advice I can give you other than to get better would be to just dodge really difficult enemies and level up on easier ones. Try to get bitterblack weapons, too, by purifying them, especially level 2 ones.

see
>but BBI is hard as shit for warriors period
The problem is that warriors have only exodus slash as a defencive skill and rely on superarmour to poise through hits and high knockdown to avoid taking subsequent hits by knocking down and then curbstomping foes, and BBI enemies do astronomical diarrhoea shitloads of damage per hit and are highly resistant to knockdown. If you must play warrior I recommend throwblasts.

Iron Rook sitting that shit out

I made the mistake of reviving him after the gazer got back up, he got immediately petrified and we were out of secret softeners. He still had a lot of his revive timer left, should've just left him be so he could get the RC for his master.

Octavia's here now.

You're doing it wrong. She's supposed to be the arisen this time, think of all the cutscenes reactions!

Have some cute tomboy pin-up.

cuteavia

More pin-up.

I'll do that for my NG+ on hard mode.

What is it they call the arisen in japanese? Kakkushu?

Onii-chan.

I have made a mistake.

Sounded like Kaksha-dono
fuck if I know what it means though

>purify three BB lv3 weapons
>get three bitter end
Jesus christ I fucking hate this system so much.

u's in japanese are often silent or close to silent so kakkushu would sound like kaksha

What the actual fuck I though I was doing good at a low level killing wargs no problem then this comes out of nowhere

who thought this was a good idea to put 2 minutes into a dungeon

It's random, and he leaves if you leave the area and come back.

What are the best dagger skills and assassin combat skills?

for assassin specifically, thousand/hundred kisses is the only real must-have. With opportunism it can be very beastly.

Strider and MA have more diverse dagger builds since they get better skills.

Tell me about "pawn training" please

This webm is accurate

I can't tell you about something that doesn't exist.

when do I start finding those BBI weapons everyone is talking about

I entered the second level I think, only found a single novelty? I thought they were overflowing from this place

post some NOT SLUT pawns